test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Friend's Concern with Lifetime Account Sub

cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
Concern from a friend that can't post a new thread. Wanted to bring this to light- justification?

I don't see any other thread that is particularly suited to this- PC issues and Bugs don't seem to fit the criteria.

Otherwise, I simply felt that putting it here would get some discussion. If anyone has had this problem, speak on it please.
Last month on the 27th I paid for a lifetime subscription, but as of two days ago it’s gone back to silver. The customer service reps have told me that there was an error with the payment and that it never went through or should have been refunded. My bank records show the payment processed successfully and there has been no refund to my account. Regular escalation has done nothing to advance my case, and I’m currently two days without access to a game I paid a lot of money for. The latest response from Customer Service is that “everything is in order on our end,” so I’m presently at a loss as to what I should do. The main takeaway from this is that I paid for lifetime access, verified the payment with my bank, and am not getting the service that I paid for. Any help or advice, anyone?

Help the dude out, we got butts to crush.
Post edited by cybersoldier1981 on

Comments

• Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Concern from a friend that can't post a new thread. Wanted to bring this to light- justification?

I don't see any other thread that is particularly suited to this- PC issues and Bugs don't seem to fit the criteria.

Otherwise, I simply felt that putting it here would get some discussion. If anyone has had this problem, speak on it please.

Help the dude out, we got butts to crush.

If money has been taken out his account and he basicly has the receit of sale via his bank statements PWE has to get their finger out their butts and get this fixed it seems its all on their end.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    ziselezisele Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Did your friend try to contact via phone?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    zisele wrote: »
    Did your friend try to contact via phone?

Not certain. You got a number for 'em?
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Not certain. You got a number for 'em?

I am pretty sure theres one in the contact us section of puuting in a ticket part of their website.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, this is something I've had to deal with as a similar situation recently(although not LTS)...and your friend is likely in for a fight. In a nutshell the key phrase here is, "I am requesting an escalation to the next tier of customer service in regards to my situation." Now the next reply to this will likely be a rehashing of the previous "blame your bank" statement...so repeat the phrase again. Now, expect to repeat this phrase again and again for about 2-3 months with the average CS reply coming either every 24 hours...or every 5-6 days. It's completely random on the time interval. If you continue this fight up the ladder, in theory, you will eventually get the attention of someone with the actual ability to assist you and maybe, just maybe, they will assist you.

Also, no matter how much it seems the CS Rep has not read a single word of your ticket reply and no matter how canned and off subject the replies become...you must keep your cool, remain as polite as is humanly possible, and do not use anything even remotely resembling profanity(I know of cases where a slip up changes your ticket status to an infraction/banning for language...I wish I were making that up). Also, as it true with most CS if you resort to profanity and/or name calling then they can just dismiss you outright and end the process. So kill them with precise and accurate information..and repeat that key phrase every single chance you get until something happens.

I wish this had a more positive sound to it and such but this is how my experiences played out when dealing with this game's CS Department. If it makes you feel any better I did get help with my particular situation(it would be against the forum rules to go into specifics) so getting Customer Service from Customer Service is possible. It's just, in all likelyhood, going to be an uphill fight that may take quite a long time to get there. Again, I wish I could be more positive but I hope this information does assist your friend.
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    It is worth noting that this friend is playing the game for the purpose of writing a review at my encouragement, and while I wasn't the one to suggest a lifetime account, I believe the player wants to get the 'full experience' to make an informed review. The irony here is that the whole purpose was to 'breathe new life' into the game and possibly drum up some interest in the gaming/comics world for CO.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Did he pay with direct CC or Paypal? If it's direct CC was it through Skrill?
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bank statement for that month, showing payment going through.

attach to email,
    if through Skrill or Paypal, also include a copy of their payment processed receipt.

These are proof that the payment has gone through and that I have NOT had a refund. Please check your end again.

It doesn't take 2 weeks to get a payment.
    Make sure that he is emailing them, he is using the email for the account, as they will check the account on that email.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If the bank says that the money was sent to PWE, and PWE says they never received such money after 4 or 5 days (it takes that long to wait usually for the Lifetime to register and activate), then tell your bank to revoke the purchase.

Remember, wait up to a week for it to process on PWE's end. Its not going to be as soon as one or two days for it to activate. It usually takes 4 business (week)days.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    And don't click *BUY LIFETIME NOW!!* button multiple times in a row, if it gives an error. So you don't end up few thousands poorer and owner of 9 LTS.
    Since someone has managed to do that....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    luxedoluxedo Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This is the person that it's happening to.

I have already called the bank and they said that the money had been taken out and no refund had been given. From the time the error supposedly happened on their end, it's has been 2.5 weeks, so a refund would have already been issued to my bank.

I have called the PWE's CS line only to get an escalation of "Everything seems in order, what are you missing?" response to my ticket.

Edit: Just added the lifetime subscriber forum title, even though I'm still a silver account.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    That's because my official status probably never got actually updated.

When the money is taken from you and you have all the perks, there was no need for paranoia that my status might not have actually gotten updated.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Not sure whats changed in customer support since then.

Streamlining.
    Boo-yah!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    luxedo wrote: »
    This is the person that it's happening to.

I have already called the bank and they said that the money had been taken out and no refund had been given. From the time the error supposedly happened on their end, it's has been 2.5 weeks, so a refund would have already been issued to my bank.

I have called the PWE's CS line only to get an escalation of "Everything seems in order, what are you missing?" response to my ticket.

Edit: Just added the lifetime subscriber forum title, even though I'm still a silver account.

ok you have the title, this means you are LTS.

time to start checking other weird things and this is from someone with LTS and gold after silver.

click on the "want to go gold or manage subscription" at the top, if it goes through and says you can't do that on LTS,you are LTS. IF it lets you get to manage subscription, without the comment, you are silver.

next check- how many character slots are on your acct. LTS will have 16, silver will have 2.

also some slots will need to be changed from silver to gold.
    can you post a picture of your character select screen includes slots and the right hand box.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    It just came through and I now have LTS.
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Gratz! :biggrin:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    luxedo wrote: »
    It just came through and I now have LTS.

welcome to the club.

for those unable to make up their mind on characters, please visit the altaholics thread in General gameplay.:biggrin:.
    I'm a repeat offender.

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You got it RIGHT before LTS went on sale. Why does this always happen?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    practice. lots of,