test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Champions RPG can offer to this particular group?

dddeemmdddeemm Posts: 23
Hello there folks!

I'm a big Super Hero RPG fan, I started back in the 00's, despite being a veteran Roleplayer.

My first game was M&M first edition, and I never truly managed to play a long campaign in it, we had our fun there!

Later despite me wanting to GM some more for this particular group, I never managed to get them on board with super games, up until I got Marvel Heroic Roleplaying, a rules light, narrative driven game.

Now I got some spare money and I wished to invest in another super hero system.

Champions has a storied run as far as "Super Hero systems" go, is one of the oldest and even now it has supplements in the horizon and that thrills me I love collecting rpg games.

However I know next to nothing of the actual -system-!

So I ask you fair forum goers, what are the ups - and downs - of the system?
Who are the right type of players and GMs for Champions?
What type of player the system repels?

How does the game fair up in comparison with Marvel Heroic Roleplaying and Mutants & Masterminds?

Help this fellow GM out!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Greetings, dddeemm! (I hope that's not a stutter.) :wink: There's much I and others here can offer to address your questions. But since you say you have little actual knowledge of the HERO System itself, I'd first like to offer you this handy legally-free PDF from the Hero Games website, HERO in 2 PAGES. It literally summarizes the essentials of HERO mechanics in two easy-to-read pages. That may start to give you a bit of a tangible framework you can hang our subsequent opinions on.