test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need Confirmation on Nemesis Q Box Drop

crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PTS - The Archive
Can we get a confirmation that Nemesis dropping just one box to be given to a random team mate instead of one per team mate was a bug from the new patch or if it was intended?

I'd personally like to know if it was intended or not so I won't waste my time trying to get it changed back.

It is confirmed that these changes are intentional.

It is intentional to discourage players from teaming up with each other for content outside of alerts.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes because 1 random box is ... well silly. If it was the person whose Nemesis it was got it, i could understand but not a random person
    also has Nemcon been affected by these changes?
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    also has Nemcon been affected by these changes?

Yes it has. I did a full Nemcon run the other day, including ShadowD, and left the place with 2 Q boxes total. That means that the Nemesi, the hallway guards, and ShadowD himself (he didn't drop a box) have been affected.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    *Nemeses

So, are you saying that Nemesis Alerts drops only 1 random Q Box for now?
    And i thought when they 'fixed' the Alerts around was a bad thing...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • krazykarazankrazykarazan Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ran a few nemcons earlier with my SG members and what usually provided 10 Q-boxes each now equates to 5 Q-boxes distributed across the 5 team members. The guards before the nems in each "room" and Shadow D himself no longer provides the Q-boxes ( this was run on Normal only to test).

Depending on how you set the loot mode, a team member can get all 5 boxes and the rest don't get any. We found that using the round robin mode meant at least everyone got 1 box each.
    I am @krazykarazan ingame
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited May 2014
    It's pretty obvious that it works as intended.

It is, obviously, calculated to make people buying Q with Zen.

If anything, you can also expect more Q-boxes in lockboxes, to improve key sales.

Really, Cryptic intentions on this one aren't hard to decipher.
    You aren't supposed to have progress ingame. CO exists only as a way to allow you spend money on Zen.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    *flips table*
    *climbs top of the 'blimp' in Ren Center*
    *throws 2.3 Million Questionites down to the peasants*
    *aims and jumps down to the pile of peasants while shouting 'Quuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!'*
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So when they fixed the duplicate boxes dropping for each player, they changed in it a way that means that each enemy that does drop a box only drops 1 in total for the whole team.

Clarification is all I ask for.

With this change it is now impossible to reach my daily refinement limit (let alone half that) on even one character. It feels like yet another step to make subscription benefits worthless.
    edited May 2014
    I only get 8k if I saved up my alert dailies.

These changes only discourage players from teaming up with others for content.
    edited May 2014
    I only get 8k if I saved up my alert dailies.

These changes only discourage players from teaming up with others for content.

Well I mean you could do one alert daily, the rampage, and then spend every remaining hour of the day running adventure packs... I'm sure that would get you close to that 16k.... if you got lucky with the boxes themselves and the majority weren't 200q.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's pretty obvious that it works as intended.

It is, obviously, calculated to make people buying Q with Zen.

If anything, you can also expect more Q-boxes in lockboxes, to improve key sales.

Really, Cryptic intentions on this one aren't hard to decipher.
    You aren't supposed to have progress ingame. CO exists only as a way to allow you spend money on Zen.

I agree with you and yet there are people who insist this isn't the case. But it seems obvious to me, make Q harder to get. Now if players want stuff (including questionite) they'll need to spend money to get it. It's no accident cosmic keys are on sale now.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    With this change it is now impossible to reach my daily refinement limit (let alone half that) on even one character. It feels like yet another step to make subscription benefits worthless.

It's really not too bad. You still get 2 boxes/5 min in SL Bunker Bravo and WO4. Assuming an average of 300 per box, after the 2k alert daily and 4.2k from Rampages, that's about 16-17 runs, or around 1.5 hours to get the remaining 9.8k.
    edited May 2014
    selphea wrote: »
    It's really not too bad. You still get 2 boxes/5 min in SL Bunker Bravo and WO4. Assuming an average of 300 per box, after the 2k alert daily and 4.2k from Rampages, that's about 16-17 runs, or around 1.5 hours to get the remaining 9.8k.

An AP run takes about 1.5 hours each netting me about 5 boxes of Q at most for the whole thing. And running those over and over again is mind numbing. If there were about 5 or 6 more APs or Comics then there are now it would be better.

Remove the reason to replay content without having other content to add to the game to variate game play is basically removing reason to play the game at all.

Now if they readded the old unlocks into game content that were lost with On Alert as a comeuppance to balance out the loss, that would be fair. Instead we got nothing but reasons to not play anymore.
    edited May 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    I think while you may have disproved the IMPOSSIBLE part of his claims, you also kinda illustrate his point of how the q box nerf was completely screwed up.

I didn't disprove anything, I exposed pure madness.

Do questionite crates give unrefined questionite? If so, then that's the only real reason the 16k limit still exists...

If not, Veteran's should get a different reward instead... maybe half a costume set.

Now if they readded the old unlocks into game content that were lost with On Alert as a comeuppance to balance out the loss, that would be fair. Instead we got nothing but reasons to not play anymore.

You know, if they made lairs drop "Thing Tokens" and those tokens could only be used to purchase one-time-use grenades that you can throw at friendly-status players to knock them a short distance... I'd be farming lairs all day every day.
  • selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    An AP run takes about 1.5 hours each netting me about 5 boxes of Q at most for the whole thing. And running those over and over again is mind numbing. If there were about 5 or 6 more APs or Comics then there are now it would be better.

Remove the reason to replay content without having other content to add to the game to variate game play is basically removing reason to play the game at all.

Don't run the full AP/CS/Lair, only the part that drops what you want. For example, if you want Valerian's costume pieces, run TT to Valerian and exit. If you want Dark Speed, run Resistance to Oubliette and exit. Similarly, if you want Q, run Serpent Lantern to your favorite bunker, exit and repeat that part.

Two boxes in three* minutes = 40 boxes in 1 hour = ~12,000 Q

It's mind-numbing, but traditionally, the most efficient MMO grinds are usually mind-numbing. It'd be nice to have more content to farm, but that goes back to the age-old request for more content.

And yes, I admit that as far as CO is concerned, my hardcore Q-farming days are over and I have very little reason to play much anymore. I did a lot of Serpent Lantern Bunkers and WO4s way back to get my FF slot, but now there's not much more I really want. But my point is that it's not impossible, it's actually possible and fairly fast too, just quite repetitive.

* Edit: Just tested and Serpent Lantern Bunker Bravo is three minutes in a duo. Very efficient if you have someone to party with for the crates.
  • amyjiaamyjia Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well.. This would be a great time to modify the Hero Games rewards to also give questionite. Would be another way for people to make Q while also challenging people to improve their characters and think of different strategies for different situations.Maybe the pvp rewards could be modified to need a combination of acclaim and questionite to buy them, especially if any new pvp rewards are added. This would just be another thing to spend Q on, but others may not like this idea.

The added questionite rewards to the hero games could be similar to how it is rewarded in the Rampages. So a person would still get acclaim as usual and any drops, but would also get questionite rewards for winning and participation. The rewarding system could be split up between the 3 categories being UTC, Bash, and Zombie Apocalypse.

UTC.

The UTC games (being KIng of the Hill, Stronghold, and Arena games) would have their questionite reward system most closely similar to the Rampages. The winning team would receive the standard 1500 questionite for winning for the first time that day. The amount for winning would decrease each win that day in the same way the Rampage questionite rewards decrease.. There would also be a participation reward that everyone would receive of 500 questionite. This amount would not go down.

For Example: Two people play in a UTC hero game for the first time in a day. 1 person is on the winning team and the other person on the team that lost. The person on the winning team would receive 1500 questionite for winning and 500 questionite for participation equaling 2000 questionite. The person on the losing team would receive 500 questionite for participation.

Doing this will encourage people to want to win in these games and discourage "leechers" while also giving a small reward for people participating in the hero games.

It would also be great if each UTC game (stronghold, arenas, and king of the hill) could have separate questionite cooldowns, which would encourage people to try multiple UTC games.:eek:

Zombie Apocalypse.

An idea for this hero game would be to split the questionite between heroes and zombies. Zombies would receive 200 questionite for each hero that they defeat, while heroes would receive 150 questionite for every minute that they survive up til the 20 minute limit when the game ends.The participation questionite of 500 would also apply here as well.

For example: Hero in Zombie Apocalypse survives 20 minutes and get's 150 questionite for each minute survived and also the 500 questionite for participation so receives 3500 questionite.

Another Example: Zombie hero defeats 5 heroes and gets 200 questiionite for each defeated hero and also the 500 questionite for participation so receives 1500 questionite.

This would encourage survives to want to survive as long as they can and also zombies to want to defeat surviving heroes while also discouraging "leechers" who would not last long without contributing by fighting off zombies. Someone trying to leech as a zombie would also be difficult since they would actually have to defeat others to get more questionite.

As for limits or diminishing returns here, I am thinking that there shouldn't be any for surviving. There could however be a limit for zombie heroes. For example, for every 15 defeats per day, the questionite can go down per defeat by 50 until the zombie only receives 50 questionite per defeat (down from 200).

For example: Zombie hero defeats 15 surviving heroes in Zombie Apocalypse over X number of Zombie games and receives 200 questionite per defeat. On the 16th defeat, diminishing returns set in and the amount for each defeat goes down to 150 questionite. This process will continue every 15 defeats until the amount per defeat is 50 questionite.

Bash.

In Bash, there could be questionite rewarded per defeat similar to Zombie Apocalypse, only instead of 200 questionite per defeat, you would start off receiving 50 questionite per defeat. every 20 defeats a person does will trigger diminishing returns which will lower the questionite received per defeat by 10 until 20 questionite per defeat is reached in a day period. The 500 questionite reward for participation would also be in effect here.

For Example: After winning a bash match for the first time in a day, (getting 10 points from defeating someone 10 times) a person would receive 50 questionite per defeat and also 500 questionite for participation, so they would receive 1000 questionite.

Another Example: A person has been playing Bash and has won 4 matches in a row in a day period. (This means they have defeated at least 40 people in bash) The next time they go into Bash in that same day period, they will be receiving 30 questionite per defeat because they would have met the requirements for diminishing returns to go into effect twice.

Overall.

Just to be clear, receiving questionite for"participation" in a match would require being in a match until completion whether that be with a winner being declared or the match being declared as a draw. If the match does not officially finish, the participation questionite is not given out. Also if a person leaves a match before the match finishes, they do not receive the participation questionite.

Making these questionite additions to the hero games will not only add a varied way of obtaining questionite, but will also encourage people to try a part of the game that is available at many levels, and can also be thought of as endgame material.

Thank You Very much for Your Time and Consideration.:redface:
    edited May 2014
    How much questionite do we get for being victims of the Kick Bug? :O
  • amyjiaamyjia Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    How much questionite do we get for being victims of the Kick Bug? :O

None, because the kick bug will be fixed.:redface:
    edited May 2014
    I guess we can go back to *****ing about readding content that was removed with On Alert.
    edited May 2014
    how much do you get for being the ONE zombie vs 5 players?
    after all they have the advantage of a team together, whereas you have to try and kill them while avoiding all the rest of them.
    and there's nothing in the Q store I am interested. so why would I buy Q, the little I use for mod removal I collect myself.

edited May 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    how much do you get for being the ONE zombie vs 5 players?
    after all they have the advantage of a team together, whereas you have to try and kill them while avoiding all the rest of them.

How much do you get for being the 5 survivor players that get slaughtered in ten seconds by the one overpowered zombie player?
    edited June 2014
    I wish, usually took me the whole time to get everyone. i don't have any overpowered.