test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why do we even have a "stay signed in" checkbox for the forums?

chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
It doesn't do anything. Every time I come here, I have to log in. It wouldn't bug me, but I hit that check box every time. Why even have it if it doesn't do anything?
In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
dbnzfo.png
RIP Caine
Post edited by chalupaoffury on

Comments

• aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    For me it works in that it automatically signs me in only when try to post something on the forums.
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    aiqa wrote: »
    For me it works in that it automatically signs me in only when try to post something on the forums.

Pretty much this. Even signed out, when you go to hit the reply button it signs you in to reply (long as you didn't sign out before or switched accounts). Minor annoyance.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Also when you're viewing a forum section (like Champions Online Discussion) you can hit the "Login" link on the right and it'll log you right in.

It's weird, though. I liked it when it just stayed logged in.
    biffsig.jpg
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It doesn't do anything. Every time I come here, I have to log in. It wouldn't bug me, but I hit that check box every time. Why even have it if it doesn't do anything?

Its for decoration didnt you know that?
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Refreshing the page used to get you back to signed on. That is until they changed the forums into its latest version.
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If I go to the forums via the Old Site, it properly logs me in every time automatically.

Go figure.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh, so it's not my chrome browser being an ornery beast, there IS a problem about this. Huh!

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    When you click on "Log In" at the top right hand of the forum main page and check "Stay Signed In" when you log in, all you need to do when you revisit the forums is to click on any section and click on "Log In" at the bottom of the advertisement banner. Doing that should log you in right away without having to type in your username and password ever again. Works for me using Firefox.

On my iPad I click on that exact same link and in brings me to Perfect World's log in page. That page is able to save passwords. Logging in from there automatically brings me back to the forum page while being logged in.
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I thought only I had this problem! I feel so good about myself right now.

Thanks for posting, otherwise I'd have never known!
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The reason for this is that these boards are antiquated, but Perfect World doesn't care. Sadly, not unusual for MMOs.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png