test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Costume suggestion

meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
edited June 2015 in Suggestions Box
Told that I'd do it as soon as the contest's done, so here it is.

This was supposed to be my third submission, and now it's just a costume suggestion for Cryptic. A set of sci-fi tights and accessories.

singularity_tights_zpsd31e0aec.jpg~original
Post edited by meedacthunist on

Comments

• Options
    alphamale1alphamale1 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hey bud, since you're making costumes, could you actually make hairstyles as well? You may have noticed this game is lacking for African American hairstyles from obnoxious afros and dreads to disgusting designs. Could you make a hairstyle that's got the size and shape of the urban buzzcut but without the crappy designs in them? Like a clean, solid cut? Would be a big help to the game
  • Options
    novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Okay, I really like this! Hopefully Cryptic will use this once the contest is over.

I would like it if there was an alternate, non-high-heeled boot for the female version, however.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    hey bud, since you're making costumes, could you actually make hairstyles as well? You may have noticed this game is lacking for African American hairstyles from obnoxious afros and dreads to disgusting designs. Could you make a hairstyle that's got the size and shape of the urban buzzcut but without the crappy designs in them? Like a clean, solid cut? Would be a big help to the game

I don't really do costumes, for now. This thing was made for contest, it's just posted later.
    I don't think I'll make anything new in costume department, unless for some future contest. Then, it may be a hair pack. Or not. Can't say what will be in the future.
    Certainly nothing high-tech, unless specifically requested.
    theoryfive wrote: »
    I would like it if there was an alternate, non-high-heeled boot for the female version, however.

A male version of the boots, with no heels, should be available also as an option for females. The wording on the panel should be better. It doesn't state it clearly enough.
    gradii wrote: »
    I liked all your designs but this one I like alot better than cosmic knight, I wish you'd have submitted it to the contest.

Was kinda redundant to submit it as a contest entry, when few similar ideas were posted before. I already had two things posted, plus helped other player with a third one.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have to echo the statement of liking this idea more than the Cosmic Knight submission. Really love this look and wish Cryptic would consider it.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    WOW! :eek: Meeda, you are too good at this. :wink::smile:

Even though I don't have (atm) a "sci-fi" themed sorta character or whatever, this set makes me wish I did, and the pieces seem versatile enough for mix'n'matching in different ensembles (not necessarily sci-fi), which IMO is what makes great costumes, and what upcoming sets should aim for. I believe this set would do well at the C-store. I'd certainly buy it, in a heartbeat. /signed

PS: I especially love what you did with the holo-heels there (<3), very cool-looking and creative, and - if I may suggest, as an option maybe also adding a solid, full wedge-heel anti-gravity boot kinda thing version, as well; could be interesting, and those boots would be just perfect for it. :cool:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    spordelia wrote: »
    if I may suggest, as an option maybe also adding a solid, full wedge-heel anti-gravity boot kinda thing version, as well; could be interesting, and those boots would be just perfect for it. :cool:

True. I even had it done. Just on different layer and not pasted into the panel.
  • Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    True. I even had it done. Just on different layer and not pasted into the panel.

That looks so perfect! I love it. :thumbs up:
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    This one new below is not even a serious costume suggestion, more like a QoL pieces:

Have one alternative upper body model for females with a monobreast shape instead of boob socks.

This way:

1zh1gkm.jpg

With few simple tights patterns for it.

Might be of use as a base for more cinematic movie styles costumes, or simply for modern style costumes. This style is also used in comic books.

CO has a single torso model like that, the Cyberpunk piece, but it's not very flexible in theme.

Also, monobreast shape may work better for chest emblems with smaller chest sizes because it gives flattened top more like male torso model. May be useful to get rid of emblems deformation.

Could be also useful for better looking tank tops and sport bras.

Also:

This one could be made either as a chest layer, or with textures only, for monobreast or boob socks - tights with no back and a few tights patterns, maybe a sleevless one:

30u7cc5.jpg

For characters with wings or back fins. For both genders.

Also:

Have a shorter and trimmed version of the Cowl Tight neckpiece for both genders, like this one:

ao3vjl.jpg

This could be actually made by copying and trimming an existing piece.
    The reason is simple - Cowl Tight covers a very large area of collar bones and gets in the way of about every tights with detailed patterns.

For now it's a no-win situation - either you can have have detailed tights or you can have a turtleneck. And the solution is simple.
  • Options
    friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I approve. /signed
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Doesn't really stand out to me. It doesn't look bad... just kinda meh. I guess we can always use more tights patterns.
  • Options
    denshimaru3denshimaru3 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Told that I'd do it as soon as the contest's done, so here it is.

This was supposed to be my third submission, and now it's just a costume suggestion for Cryptic. A set of sci-fi tights and accessories.

singularity_tights_zpsd31e0aec.jpg~original

Really like this idea because it sort of lines up with my one characters intended design. I really do hope they use it eventually
  • Options
    friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Kind of reminds me of Jet Set Radio Future to an extent.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This one new below is not even a serious costume suggestion, more like a QoL pieces:

Have one alternative upper body model for females with a monobreast shape instead of boob socks.

This way:

1zh1gkm.jpg

With few simple tights patterns for it.

Might be of use as a base for more cinematic movie styles costumes, or simply for modern style costumes. This style is also used in comic books.

CO has a single torso model like that, the Cyberpunk piece, but it's not very flexible in theme.

Also, monobreast shape may work better for chest emblems with smaller chest sizes because it gives flattened top more like male torso model. May be useful to get rid of emblems deformation.

Could be also useful for better looking tank tops and sport bras.

Also:

This one could be made either as a chest layer, or with textures only, for monobreast or boob socks - tights with no back and a few tights patterns, maybe a sleevless one:

30u7cc5.jpg

For characters with wings or back fins. For both genders.

Also:

Have a shorter and trimmed version of the Cowl Tight neckpiece for both genders, like this one:

ao3vjl.jpg

This could be actually made by copying and trimming an existing piece.
    The reason is simple - Cowl Tight covers a very large area of collar bones and gets in the way of about every tights with detailed patterns.

For now it's a no-win situation - either you can have have detailed tights or you can have a turtleneck. And the solution is simple.

these are practical, brilliant ideas that I would use on over half of my female toons!
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Quoting myself from an older, buried, suggestion thread:
    These costume parts are in the game since a very long time, but could use some improvements.

x3s6so.jpg

90's Goggles:
    Available in the Iron Age costume set, this thing needs a glow option enabled. It could work great with PSI and Holo Hex parts... Except it can't be set to glow. A rather simple improvement, UI side.

1072cz9.jpg

Sci-Fi Goggles:
    Available in the Retro Sci-Fi costume set.
    The same as 90's goggles, it needs to be given glow option enabled.

Both goggles could be also given the same material types as Holoforce and Holo Hex armor costume sets. Otherwise it's hard to match them with other translucent costume pieces.

29wlf92.jpg

Tight Band:
    A base neck piece, yet a very universal one.
    Except it clips terribly with the neck, on females. Since forever. Should be finally fixed. Many much more skin-tight neck pieces have no such clipping at all, only this one has.

15ch7r5.jpg

Armor Tight Basic and Basic Subligar:
    Both base costume pieces, a chest layer, and a hip wear.
    They need to be updated with all newest tights maps and patterns. Or at least all Z-Store ones.
    Also, Armor Tight Basic chest piece could be given option for chest emblems.
    Recent Sci-fi soldier set shows that it is possible to put emblems on chest layers.

Also, basic subligar hip gear should be usable with belts. There's a noticeable gap on waist which should be possible to cover with belts. Too bad this costume piece prohibits belts (we saw in latest costume sets that it is possible to release hip gear alowing for belts, so...).