test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why doesn't Overdrive work all the time?

tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Power Discussion
I was fighting some enemies in Vibora Bay when I noticed something odd.

I fully maintained Shadow Blast and Overdrive failed to activate.

I checked the tooltip and it says it activates on use of "a Toggle or Maintain ability used for 50% of it's maximum charge time".

I then went to the powerhouse and checked each qualifying power:

Tactical Missiles
Micro Munitions
Pulse Beam Rifle
Sonic Boom Generator.

Of these five powers, only Micro Munitions and Pulse Beam Rifle triggered Overdrive.

Anyone have any idea why Overdrive is not working as advertised?

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
Post edited by tilarta on

Comments

• Options
    bravehoptoadbravehoptoad Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Shadow Blast is a charge, not a maintain. "Toggles" I think only refer to PA toggles, since those are the only toggles that are attacks.

Dunno for sure, though, I'm a newb myself.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Shadow Blast is not a maintain or a toggle. It's a Blast power, you tap or charge. Same with Tactical Missiles and Sonic Boom Generator.

Maintain powers are ones that do something on a constant tick for as long as you hold the button. Things like Fire Breath, Shadow Embrace, Frenzy, or Shockwave.

A toggle is similar to a maintain, except that you don't have to hold down the button. You activate it and the power runs until you either turn it off, run out of energy, or the max duration has been reached. Several Power Armor powers are toggles, like Micro Munitions or Minigun. Ego Storm from Telepathy has an advantage that turns it into a toggle instead of a maintain.

That said, I know there's a small handful of maintain powers that Overdrive doesn't properly trigger on. There's a recent thread posted about them.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    ajanusajanus Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    P.S. Frenzy is a combo tap power, not maintain :biggrin: (Just for clarification)

Remember: Half the people you know are below average...

Do not correct a fool, for he will hate you for it. Correct a wise man, for he will appreciate you for it.

Don't be like the Qularr. They would not last one round in the Interstellar Galactic Arena...

Handle @brayv
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ajanus wrote: »
    P.S. Frenzy is a combo tap power, not maintain :biggrin: (Just for clarification)

*facepalm* I meant to type Ego Blade Frenzy.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    ajanusajanus Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Figured. You got my hopes up though, had to login and check lol.

Remember: Half the people you know are below average...

Do not correct a fool, for he will hate you for it. Correct a wise man, for he will appreciate you for it.

Don't be like the Qularr. They would not last one round in the Interstellar Galactic Arena...

Handle @brayv
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is the page with the list of powers that proc/don't proc overdrive.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=248781
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Because like most things in this game, it is still Broke-ed. :B
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."