test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chat Mute for Rushing Warlord really?

r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
My Guildies , me and 2 others where rushing into boss room on Warlord and the 2 others have complained about it..and insulted us.. i just said pls shut up and play.. we finished the boss and veryone was able to get loot.

No matter how selfish this might seem to rush there is no reason to CHAT mute me for rushing warlord flagging me as SPAMMER?

soem luna said i "pssed" off many of his friends .. so ii assume they used collected report to abuse the report system on me...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Loot or not, it is frustating for others to keep dieing because some thinks it's good to rush trough, you definitly play the wrong game if you behave such selfish, regardless if your builds can do alerts alone or not, you aren't alone there.

And i'm aware the game allows such stuff, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't, it's in someway a abuse of the system and the programming. So go palya solo game instead if you think you need no one else or coop with your friend in other games but things like this are no needed in a MMO.
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    My Guildies , me and 2 others where rushing into boss room on Warlord and the 2 others have complained about it..and insulted us.. i just said pls shut up and play.. we finished the boss and veryone was able to get loot.

No matter how selfish this might seem to rush there is no reason to CHAT mute me for rushing warlord flagging me as SPAMMER?

soem luna said i "pssed" off many of his friends .. so ii assume they used collected report to abuse the report system on me...

wait...how duos one abuse chat system?. I thought it was due to the amount of people that block you?

If you was chat muted for that then surely that means you did more then just rushed. Not sure how it works. I only mute people who are well selfish or just annoying not to abuse the system. i didn't even kown that was possible. Also who ever this Luna is out the so players out there the reason why they prorply muted you is due to upsetting their friends.

But ouch guess bad luck hits everyone soon enough. But hay live and learn hum?.
    Psi.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Loot or not, it is frustating for others to keep dieing because some thinks it's good to rush trough, you definitly play the wrong game if you behave such selfish, regardless if your builds can do alerts alone or not, you aren't alone there.

And i'm aware the game allows such stuff, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't, it's in someway a abuse of the system and the programming. So go palya solo game instead if you think you need no one else or coop with your friend in other games but things like this are no needed in a MMO.

You honestly play the wrong game if you want to experience every little detail in a random PUG. I run to the end as well. I am not going to sit there and carry people who don't want to bother learning. If you want to get the full experience, then find 4 other people who want to kill every little critter and team up together. Me I want to get to the end and get out of there as fast as possible. To quote Riddick; If you can't keep up don't step up.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited April 2014
    You honestly play the wrong game if you want to experience every little detail in a random PUG. I run to the end as well. I am not going to sit there and carry people who don't want to bother learning. If you want to get the full experience, then find 4 other people who want to kill every little critter and team up together.

So you saying rushing trough makes them learn anything at all then because you don't bother teaching people some things. And the same counts for you if you want that expereince of rushing, find 4 others who do it as you do it.
  • r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited April 2014

Still i didnt spam ... so the mute system was abused...
    edited April 2014
    So you saying rushing trough makes them learn anything at all then because you don't bother teaching people some things. And the same counts for you if you want that expereince of rushing, find 4 others who do it as you do it.

I think it's obvious when someone runs past the big room of bad guys and down the hallways what's going on. And I usually do. I can solo these things, so really it's no skin off my nose if they want to actually finish or not. but if you are expecting that level of cohesion in a PUG, you are playing the wrong game.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited April 2014
    cryneting wrote: »
    wait...how duos one abuse chat system?. I thought it was due to the amount of people that block you?

If you was chat muted for that then surely that means you did more then just rushed. Not sure how it works. I only mute people who are well selfish or just annoying not to abuse the system. i didn't even kown that was possible. Also who ever this Luna is out the so players out there the reason why they prorply muted you is due to upsetting their friends.

But ouch guess bad luck hits everyone soon enough. But hay live and learn hum?.

you can ask ally our friends to do /reportspam on someoen to make him mute... it has been done in the past in STO too
    edited April 2014
    I think it's obvious when someone runs past the big room of bad guys and down the hallways what's going on. And I usually do. I can solo these things, so really it's no skin off my nose if they want to actually finish or not. but if you are expecting that level of cohesion in a PUG, you are playing the wrong game.

So can i with some chars but you are in a team there, i atleast should be able to expect some teamplay there and not steamrolling trough it letting others look dumb because they may don't have the experience or they may just be used to more teamplay then you and r9xchaos show.
    edited April 2014
    you can ask ally our friends to do /reportspam on someoen to make him mute... it has been done in the past in STO too

There's actually an exploit so the person you are talking about is talking out their **** about "a lot of their friends" and I would report them if they personally said something to you. That way they can say hello to their ban again.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited April 2014

Or maybe people just agree with some stuff and disagree with you and don't want to listen to it, ever thoughgt of taht? But it's easy to blame the say systems mechanic becasue of "abuse" same abuse you do by skippping the whole alert btw.
    edited April 2014

But didn't they change that so only mutes you for 1min? If your really complaining about a chat mute that is only 1min due to your selfishness and angering other players then well....sorry but I have to agree with ansemthedark.
    Psi.
    edited April 2014
    So can i with some chars but you are in a team there, i atleast should be able to expect some teamplay there and not steamrolling trough it letting others look dumb because they may don't have the experience or they may just be used to more teamplay then you and r9xchaos show.

Oh I expect team play, but not from Champions. This player base saw to team plays murder a long, long time ago. Furthermore, I've been quite a few Harmon runs, the only people I've seen tend to sit around doing nothing anyways, so I don't give them a never mind and since you need to be at least have a mid level character to enter I certainly don't give them the credit of newbie character with few powers either. The only time I stand around is when I am chatting with someone and answering a question they pose to me, or reporting someone I see using an obvious exploit.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited April 2014
    Oh I expect team play, but not from Champions. This player base saw to team plays murder a long, long time ago. Furthermore, I've been quite a few Harmon runs, the only people I've seen tend to sit around doing nothing anyways, so I don't give them a never mind and since you need to be at least have a mid level character to enter I certainly don't give them the credit of newbie character with few powers either. The only time I stand around is when I am chatting with someone and answering a question they pose to me, or reporting someone I see using an obvious exploit.

That sadly is even true there wasn't and still isn't much team based stuff in game, but still...if people like you whould start give teams a chance the situation whouldn't be that way now.

Such selfish behavior is the main reason why people don't do as they should, for example PVP why did it die mostly? Not trough cryptic, no, trough players selfish behavior, building chars unbeatable jsut for the sake of winning. And i liked PVP with the different concets people came up, but now you only see the almost same builds over and over, same for people like you who do alerts alone.

This and only this is why people are not acting as any team, becaseu no one evne wants to start thinking on or with the team.
    edited April 2014
    There's actually an exploit so the person you are talking about is talking out their **** about "a lot of their friends" and I would report them if they personally said something to you. That way they can say hello to their ban again.

Why do I get the feeling that your teaming up with rx9chaos? why whuold someone due such a thing unless they have a really good reason?.

Also to let you kown some people don't even kown you can "exploit" the system they just mute the person they disagree with and move on. Not knowing that other players do the same thing.

And well its safe to say if you anger one person who has a close friend then of course they are going to mute you too. its called "friendship". they don;t do it just get you muted they do it because they think that your well bad person or selfish.

But really come on knock this childish chat off. its doing the forms no good complain about a simple thing.Just saying tho no need to get angry at me and if you do then it just proves everyone point you are selfish.
    Psi.
    edited April 2014
    If I team with rx9 it's out of coincidence when I am running a random. But considering it's CO's troll who I know who she is talking about, and Cryptic has stated before abusing that feature is a bannable offense, and said person is banned regularly, well...
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited April 2014
    That sadly is even true there wasn't and still isn't much team based stuff in game, but still...if people like you whould start give teams a chance the situation whouldn't be that way now.

Such selfish behavior is the main reason why people don't do as they should, for example PVP why did it die mostly? Not trough cryptic, no, trough players selfish behavior, building chars unbeatable jsut for the sake of winning. And i liked PVP with the different concets people came up, but now you only see the almost same builds over and over, same for people like you who do alerts alone.

This and only tihs is why people are not acting as any team, becaseu no one evne wants to start thinking on or with the team.

Wow, not only did you completely shoot your own argument in the foot, you also stated something that's the complete opposite of your core belief. Not to mention, you will have a hard time finding someone using my build. And if you think you need a super build to do an alert, you are sorely mistaken. So really, stop trying. It's obvious who you are trying to defend.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited April 2014

Thats true yes. but clearly this person ran of without a care for his teammates the way I read the posts. Now sure free world up to you but this is what causes players to dislike them and well ignore the players. Sadly that's life..and if I remaber this Harmon labs mission/alert is a high level.

Also I agree with you that some players sit around doing nothing that is annoying. However what some people don't think of is that some have bad net connections or they are even beening a true team player and waiting for other players to get up to speed. And if they take too long then just ask "Hay don't bother with the AFK lets go please" not just rush off when other players are trying to help.

Now with all due respect if you lash out on me on this post then I'm sorry but..I will just have to call you both selfish.
    Psi.
    edited April 2014
    Wow, not only did you completely shoot your own argument in the foot, you also stated something that's the complete opposite of your core belief. Not to mention, you will have a hard time finding someone using my build. And if you think you need a super build to do an alert, you are sorely mistaken. So really, stop trying. It's obvious who you are trying to defend.

I'm not trying to defend anyone here i say how i feel about this problem here and your post shows that you don't want to argue and try to turn my posts against me, so? I shoot my own argument wow....want a price for finding that? If you have nothing valuable to say to this then keep it for yourself.

Also back to topic, you also shoot your your own argument about absuing the system with the chat but also abuse the way of running alerts alone.
    edited April 2014
    If I team with rx9 it's out of coincidence when I am running a random. But considering it's CO's troll who I know who she is talking about, and Cryptic has stated before abusing that feature is a bannable offense, and said person is banned regularly, well...

Well I'm not so sure how to replay to this. I've never used to the system to use it to just block players I just block them and move on. But still not sure..how this system really works. Yeah it used to the abused loads of times back then.
    Psi.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    excuse but I've been on both sides of this argument.

I've had groups where the people make use of immunity and just run through leaving everyone else to deal with the train of mobs behind them, usually blocking doorways.
    I just follow them and try to get through the doors. I have never been locked out. I haven't seen anyone leave. It's usually a speed run group rather than one doing the room exploit.
    I have seen people just stay at the start and then collect once everything is finished.

I have also been on teams, where for some reason a couple of people decide that they want to kill every single thing, including aggroing new groups while the party is dealing with the last one. After repeated wipes and people asking them not to aggro everything, people getting sick of them and leaving.

I usually hope for the middle ground where we go through the rooms, taking out the mobs who are actually in our way. Making sure that everyone is in the main room before attacking.
    Anyone who has questions gets answered in the gap spaces like elevators and the halls.

Yes if you are on a speed run, you should either get a full group or tell the other people before you start, so they know.

same for the clear everything group.

It's a matter of courtesy and communication, rather than team work.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

edited April 2014
    chaelk wrote: »

I've had groups where the people make use of immunity and just run through leaving everyone else to deal with the train of mobs behind them, usually blocking doorways.
    I just follow them and try to get through the doors. I have never been locked out. I haven't seen anyone leave. It's usually a speed run group rather than one doing the room exploit.
    I have seen people just stay at the start and then collect once everything is finished.

I have also been on teams, where for some reason a couple of people decide that they want to kill every single thing, including aggroing new groups while the party is dealing with the last one. After repeated wipes and people asking them not to aggro everything, people getting sick of them and leaving.

I usually hope for the middle ground where we go through the rooms, taking out the mobs who are actually in our way. Making sure that everyone is in the main room before attacking.
    Anyone who has questions gets answered in the gap spaces like elevators and the halls.

Yes if you are on a speed run, you should either get a full group or tell the other people before you start, so they know.

Have to agree with this.
    Psi.
    edited April 2014

I agree fully with you here, the best way msotly for that problem i really suggest and even want is, doors locked between rooms till certain groups are defeated and also a kick option for leachers and the option to join a exisitng gorup to relace leachers.
    edited April 2014
    But didn't they change that so only mutes you for 1min? If your really complaining about a chat mute that is only 1min due to your selfishness and angering other players then well....sorry but I have to agree with ansemthedark.

not its ays:

You have been silenced. You may chat again in 22 hours, 32 minutes, and 15 seconds.

i did not spam... they mentioned something thati have angered so many people in the last alert by rushing it....and immediately after they said this i got this mute message...

so yeah .. i did not spam but was flagges as spammer. ...

now i can nto even talk to my guildmembers......

P.S. rushing alerts is no abuse... i just have the defense to do so...other do the same.. mira did with us... vixy... and so many more... just some people cried today and managed toabuse the system to mute me...
    edited April 2014
    not its ays:

You have been silenced. You may chat again in 22 hours, 32 minutes, and 15 seconds.

i did not spam... they mentioned something thati have angered so many people in the last alert by rushing it....and immediately after they said this i got this mute message...

so yeah .. i did not spam but was flagges as spammer. ...

now i can nto even talk to my guildmembers......

P.S. rushing alerts is no abuse... i just have the defense to do so...other do the same.. mira did with us... vixy... and so many more... just some people cried today and managed toabuse the system to mute me...

Oh?. Well last time I remaber it was only for a few mins. odd maybe it goes up when more players do it. I'm not so sure.

But what I have noticed is people use flag for spam by mistake instead of ignore. But I'm not so sure anymore. All im saying is that if I whuold block people I just go for ignore.
    Psi.
    edited April 2014
    Oh?. Well last time I remaber it was only for a few mins. odd maybe it goes up when more players do it. I'm not so sure.

But what I have noticed is people use flag for spam by mistake instead of ignore. But I'm not so sure anymore. All im saying is that if I whuold block people I just go for ignore.

i wish i know
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This thread makes is seem like half the people doing the warlord alert rush to the end. In the hundreds of runs I did this alert, I only saw that a dozen times at most. And most of the time by people who couldn't even handle it, which was kind of funny in an way.

But a few times the rushing made a lot of the enemies attack the slower team members, and they kept dying over and over. So I felt bad for them and went back to help, which only made it take that much longer. To avoid that from happening I never rush, even on builds that could easily solo most of the enemies in the alert all at once. With a good dps build the groups of enemies die in seconds, so it is fast enough anyway.

I would only rush in a fully premade team.
    edited April 2014
    i wish i know

Ok look r9xchaos I wish to talk to you in a normal manner please. So please do not get angry or lash out all childish.

I'm really sorry that you got chat muted for a this reason, However I have to agree with chaelk he made a great point. you should really either get a full group or tell the other people before you start, so they know. To avoid people getting upset at you and as you said chat muted and all that.

Now this Luna there is alot of players out there called such. So I'm not sure if you might be mistaking people for others. However I do have a toon called Luna. She is a female white robot with cyan eyes.

Now the only thing I said was that you upset only one of my friends. and I didn't tell him to ignore you too. I just felt threatened that you upset a very close friend of mine and yeah I did lash out a bit in Zone I have to apologize about that I have a bad angry personality. However you really did put my out my comfort zone so I hope you agree with me beening angry.

Now I was not angry at you for the alert I was't even in the alert at the time, the only reason why I knew about such was due to the fact that well friends tell other friends whats going on with them you have to agree with that.

I chuold care less what you and your good friends do in the alerts. However Like I said you need to just be careful and tell your team before you do such I kown i done things like so and had loads of people cry at me. I even got cried at because I disarmed all the bombs when he was the "bomb man". Yeah its silly right?.

Now my point is I only ignore players. I only use spam reports on trolls and downright idiots. But I do sometimes click report by mistake because come on the buttons are so close to each other, and well if your game lags then you click things by mistake.

I have no idea who this "other Luna" is but I assure you I am not that Luna. I have unblocked you so you can chat with my peacefully. Just to avoid this fight between us.

Now I apologize if the system triggered on you to cause it to mute. i have't a clue how the idiotic chat system works. I just want to say I never use report spam on things like this. Also I have to say you where a bit selfish when you said in zone about how you don't care and you blaming other things for not beening able to rush.

However now that I have cleared that up chuold someone please tell me who this other Luna is?. I need to kown just in case. I kown that I'm not the person however I do think I might kown who it is not so sure.

Now please do not be angry at me. If you are then it sadly proves that your turely are childish and selfish.

Also championshewolf cuz you kown so much about this system chuold you maybe teach me about it?.

Also random thing but don;t "sliver" hurt werewolf's? just saying :3
    Psi.
    edited April 2014
    Ok look r9xchaos I wish to talk to you in a normal manner please. So please do not get angry or lash out all childish.

I'm really sorry that you got chat muted for a this reason, However I have to agree with chaelk he made a great point. you should really either get a full group or tell the other people before you start, so they know. To avoid people getting upset at you and as you said chat muted and all that.

Now this Luna there is alot of players out there called such. So I'm not sure if you might be mistaking people for others. However I do have a toon called Luna. She is a female white robot with cyan eyes.

Now the only thing I said was that you upset only one of my friends. and I didn't tell him to ignore you too. I just felt threatened that you upset a very close friend of mine and yeah I did lash out a bit in Zone I have to apologize about that I have a bad angry personality. However you really did put my out my comfort zone so I hope you agree with me beening angry.

Now I was not angry at you for the alert I was't even in the alert at the time, the only reason why I knew about such was due to the fact that well friends tell other friends whats going on with them you have to agree with that.

I chuold care less what you and your good friends do in the alerts. However Like I said you need to just be careful and tell your team before you do such I kown i done things like so and had loads of people cry at me. I even got cried at because I disarmed all the bombs when he was the "bomb man". Yeah its silly right?.

Now my point is I only ignore players. I only use spam reports on trolls and downright idiots. But I do sometimes click report by mistake because come on the buttons are so close to each other, and well if your game lags then you click things by mistake.

I have no idea who this "other Luna" is but I assure you I am not that Luna. I have unblocked you so you can chat with my peacefully. Just to avoid this fight between us.

Now I apologize if the system triggered on you to cause it to mute. i have't a clue how the idiotic chat system works. I just want to say I never use report spam on things like this. Also I have to say you where a bit selfish when you said in zone about how you don't care and you blaming other things for not beening able to rush.

However now that I have cleared that up chuold someone please tell me who this other Luna is?. I need to kown just in case. I kown that I'm not the person however I do think I might kown who it is not so sure.

Now please do not be angry at me. If you are then it sadly proves that your turely are childish and selfish.

Also championshewolf cuz you kown so much about this system chuold you maybe teach me about it?.

Also random thing but don;t "sliver" hurt werewolf's? just saying :3

I am not mad at you nor i remember to have trouble with you.. to be honest i usually dont care but to get muted for spamming when i havent spammed is just silly...

+ muting me makes it even easier for me to have an excuse to rush warlod since i cannot talk to teammates anyway.

Yes i am selfish.. is that a reason to put me on mute? no... it being selfish against any rules? no.

i am not allowed topost that other Lunas handle here.. i would if i was allowed to...

That said, if we had trouble i already forgot about it.. all i say i that i gotmuted for something i havent done...

passing mobs and going to a farther room is not abuse and its not against any rules... its maybe selfish.. but not against rules...
    edited April 2014
    I am not mad at you nor i remember to have trouble with you.. to be honest i usually dont care but to get muted for spamming when i havent spammed is just silly...

+ muting me makes it even easier for me to have an excuse to rush warlod since i cannot talk to teammates anyway.

Yes i am selfish.. is that a reason to put me on mute? no... it being selfish against any rules? no.

i am not allowed topost that other Lunas handle here.. i would if i was allowed to...

That said, if we had trouble i already forgot about it.. all i say i that i gotmuted for something i havent done...

passing mobs and going to a farther room is not abuse and its not against any rules... its maybe selfish.. but not against rules...

Ok well yeah lets just forget about it and leave it as that. Sure we all have different options in each other that we dislike and hate. Part of beening human.

And fair enough on that other Luna.

Thanks for replaying.

Oh and btw I love your image of the woman with glowing eyes. chuold you tell me where you got it from?
    Psi.
    edited April 2014
    Ok well yeah lets just forget about it and leave it as that. Sure we all have different options in each other that we dislike and hate. Part of beening human.

And fair enough on that other Luna.

Thanks for replaying.

Oh and btw I love your image of the woman with glowing eyes. chuold you tell me where you got it from?

I made Cathy shes my 3D model =)
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You should made a 5-Man Team then if you planned to do 100% Speedrun!

Leaving the random 2-3 people in PUGs left to Die while you speedrun the whole thing while leaving a Bunch of MOBs behinds is NOT cool!

and yes Hechmen DO BLOCK The Doors, you can't pass them unless you kill them or Knock Back them, I have actually come across this king of speedrun!

also some don't even wait for everyone to gather, they just Rush in the Warlord room Locking everyone out

1 player did this, she Rushed the whole thing and locked me and the other 3 teammates outside of the warlord!
    "Boy how much fun I am having watching you SOLO-ING him when I could be inside and Fighting myself! FUN TIMES" :mad:

HAVE A LITTLE EMPATHY AND SOME SYMPATHY

I am sorry but... If you are going to Rush the whole thing just to get to the boss to get the so-precious LOOT while Ignoring everyone on the Team, then you have No Sympathy from me!

53a.gif

Chaelk stated it Better
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1. Chat bans suck.

2. As heretical as this may be in the era of cutthroat MMO leet guilds, there's more to being a good team member than just winning.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The whole "speed-run" thing aside (that's a whole big rant that I just don't feel like typing up right now), there's also the dirty little secret of the Ignore function.

The points are cumulative.

That is, you could have, say, five people put you on Ignore one day for, oh, expressing a political opinion (doesn't even matter what it was, somebody hates it), three more another day because you said Wolverine sucks, two another day for making Grond jokes, and so forth. And then three weeks later the twentieth person puts you on Ignore because you rushed the Alert and then responded somewhat rudely to their complaints, and suddenly, Auto Chat Ban!

There's a reason why Happifun Security System X-4's first Nemesis was a villainous robot names Autochatban, after all...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Railing against players for this kind of stupid, selfish, anti-social behavior (chat-banning and rushing) is a pointless endeavor. You will never be able to change human nature. The best you can do is appeal to the developers to proof the game against these kinds of exploits. But we know how well that works, so...
    edited April 2014
    Selfish is such a strong word....
    i dont see why selfish is bad for me...

also people yelling at me "noob you rush" when they died... well if they are face-down why they call ME the noob?
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    The whole "speed-run" thing aside (that's a whole big rant that I just don't feel like typing up right now), there's also the dirty little secret of the Ignore function.

The points are cumulative.

That is, you could have, say, five people put you on Ignore one day for, oh, expressing a political opinion (doesn't even matter what it was, somebody hates it), three more another day because you said Wolverine sucks, two another day for making Grond jokes, and so forth. And then three weeks later the twentieth person puts you on Ignore because you rushed the Alert and then responded somewhat rudely to their complaints, and suddenly, Auto Chat Ban!

There's a reason why Happifun Security System X-4's first Nemesis was a villainous robot names Autochatban, after all...

That was adjusted some time ago.

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/champions-online/detail/1009730-release-notes_-june-13-2013
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Selfish is such a strong word....
    i dont see why selfish is bad for me...

Oh, wow, the irony here.

You don't see why being selfish is bad for you, because it rarely is except from these types of social responses back at you.

You being selfish hurts OTHER people, and so they lash back at you.

Selfish is a strong word, and from everything I've read in this thread, including your responses and everything I've gleaned about you in other threads, you are a very selfish person.

It's of course completely up to you, to decide if that is more good or bad for you personally, after weighing the benefits versus the consequences of your actions, but you have no room to complain if people either become upset with you, or dislike you because you act selfishly, because that selfish behavior brings it upon yourself.

Also, reread what Jonsills so helpfully wrote a few posts up.

Mute points gained are cumulative and I am not sure if they EVER expire. This chat ban could have been building for literally years, and this single ignore someone placed on you was the "straw" on the pile that enacted the autochatban.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Personally, I despise the speed-run morons that teleport through the Warlord level.

No, really. That's why I signed up for this alert. To stand outside the red barrier and not get a reward. You go right ahead.

Shut down all travel powers in Warlord. Simple fix.

And the chat ban should not be a thing. Anywhere. Ever.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Emphasis mine.

When you rush ahead, you screw over the rest of your team and make it hard for them to catch up. I have been locked out by people who do this and you get nothing for being locked out. I now just leave and shove that person on ignore instead of putting up with trolls.

I don't understand this mentality of leaving people behind. I don't do it in real life and I can't bring myself to do it even in a video game. If I have a strong toon, I go first to pave the way.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • dancingfatkid101dancingfatkid101 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this post made my day!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Karma is a b****.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited April 2014

This is really all anyone should need to say on this subject.

Communicate with your team before taking either type of extreme action (speed run/full clear) and then figure out how to approach the content ahead.
  • forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Last I checked, the chat-ban system has been done away with. report spam and ignore functions simply do the same thing and put the selected user on your ignore list.

All the GM behavior reports due is Screen Shot your situation and put it along with your description in a folder where a GM looks at it later--and then never gets back to you due to some misplaced code of ethics.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
    edited April 2014
    iamrune wrote: »
    you are a very selfish person.

It's of course completely up to you, to decide if that is more good or bad for you personally, after weighing the benefits versus the consequences of your actions, but you have no room to complain if people either become upset with you, or dislike you because you act selfishly, because that selfish behavior brings it upon yourself.

So if i am selfish within Alert (( if thats my personality )) there is a free ticket to set me mute?

I dont get why people get so mad about pixels, if they are weak... its not my fault...they dont block, dont use conviction or dont teleport... its up to them.. they can either adapt or die trying... if i wait for everyone i can go sleep... i'll never achieve anything by waiting...

and people telling ME i can setup a team to rush... i always can use this suggestion against them... the other can also make teams to avoid rushers...

i can solo almost anything in game.. so why would i wait?

i wish i could queue alone or only with 1 other teammate... so i dont need to deal with weak build noobs who complain about me being strong..lol

selfish.. lol ... its only natural that i think of myself in the first place...im not mother therese...
  • smashykinssmashykins Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There's no room for judging individual players here really. The real issue is that the system enables groups to dish out punishment that only GMs should be doing. No need to point fingers at each other; just need to recognize the flaw in the system.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't really see point making this thread then. You played your way, someone played his/her way.
    Don't make complainthreads about how others play their game, since you have made a point how you play yours. Just continue play and let others do the same. Or change the way you play and maybe others change theirs.
    :cool:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So if i am selfish within Alert (( if thats my personality )) there is a free ticket to set me mute?

No one's said that. Everyone hates the chat-mute system.
    I dont get why people get so mad about pixels, if they are weak... its not my fault...they dont block, dont use conviction or dont teleport... its up to them.. they can either adapt or die trying... if i wait for everyone i can go sleep... i'll never achieve anything by waiting...

So Silver Players (the majority of the playerbase) should just eat a turd and deal with it, right? No, see, not everyone wants to use teleport. Sorry.

You must be a PvPer. And people wonder why this game feature is neglected.
    and people telling ME i can setup a team to rush... i always can use this suggestion against them... the other can also make teams to avoid rushers...

Except that the vast majority of people playing this game aren't running through and using YOUR power set or playing YOUR way.

It's called a courtesy. It's good you can solo everything in this game. You should focus on single-player content. Maybe even single-player games.
    i wish i could queue alone or only with 1 other teammate... so i dont need to deal with weak build noobs who complain about me being strong..lol

No one's complaining about you being strong. You're being a douche by keeping them locked out and getting rewards so you can satisfy your urge to 'be the best'.

selfish.. lol ... its only natural that i think of myself in the first place...im not mother therese...

Hi. This is Champions Online. It's a Massive Online Multiplayer Role Playing Game. Other people play this game as well. if you have difficulty understanding this, Call of Duty has a 'every man for himself' mode of play more suited to your style.
  • scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2014

facepunch_zps62a03123.gif

I was going to type up something as a rebuttal but I think this gif will suffice.
  • dancingfatkid101dancingfatkid101 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2014

0.o that is either the most agonizing troll response I may have ever read or it's the most ignorant response I may have ever read.......I mean ugh that just hurt my head to read.
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Thing is... we're not asking you to be a saint. We're asking you to be a bit more considerate of your fellow players. But, God forbid we want to do things our ways, too. No, we have to hold ourselves up to your standards and not be such wimps and drop enough cash for a sub before we can even THINK of keeping up with you and maybe get a reward. Maybe.
This discussion has been closed.