test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Arkham Knight

cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Off Topic
A new villain for the upcoming Batman Arkham Knight game is causing quite a stir. A glimpse can show you -why-...

ssPQfKt.jpg

XabnQfl.jpg

zuOqAK7.jpg

And, well- despite how many people praise the design made specifically for the game, allow me to tell you what the internet fanboy brigade does.

1- Whine that it is not [insert character we've either seen enough of, or don't need in the series].

2- Whine about how it looks because it's not a costume from the 1970's.

3- Whine because they think they know who he is, even though the villain was made specifically for the game.

4- Whine because Batman doesn't wear tights and now has an armored batsuit.

5- Whine and blame New 52.

Overall, I think it looks sick and I hope it's an unlockable costume in the game.
Post edited by cybersoldier1981 on

Comments

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ima going with 3- Whine because they think they know who he is, even though the villain was made specifically for the game.

Saying Ra's Al Ghul was behind both the incidents in the previous Rocksteady Arkham games* I think he's behind this too. I dont think this guys is 100% new. Why does he use a voice modulator?, its as if he is trying to hide his voice. Also consider the Father to Son trailer. The Arkham Knight looks like a sci-fi copy of Batman. All these things point to one thing. I think its the Arkham series version of Damien Wayne. Arkham is its own universe so this villian looks to be 90% new with a little nod to the comics. Most likely wont even call him Damien but I'm still certain hes a Batman/Talia clone.

Rocksteady have already admitted to being Metal Gear Solid fanbois. Damien would give them the perfect excuse to do a "Solid Snake". This game is going to be epic.

*Ra's paid Scarecrow to hit the warden with fear gas to drive him nutbags. 100% Arkham Asylum and you get an extension of the plot and what really happens isnt fully told until you come across the warden in Arkham City.

Overall if they are sticking to such a story arc Ra's Al Ghul will most likely be the final foe.

MORE EDITS :D I also think Rocksteady arnt walking away form the Arkham games I think they are introducing their own hero in this game one that doesn't share the same morals as Batman. I just dont think they will make any more BATMAN ARKHAM games.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Honestly? My thoughts were he was a remnant of Hugo Strange's 'plan' to replace Batman with something effective, perhaps an inmate at Arkham that's been conditioned for this.

Now, they said the character was made especially for the game... but there is a sliver of a chance they mean 'the look and mantle of Arkham Knight' and not 'this person as a whole'.

Of course, I'd hate for them to take the lazy route. 'Oh, it's JASON TODD!'- I like me some Red Hood, a lot... but there's no sense in bringing him in if they never explained the background. Hush is a bit more likely, but then again not... he was nowhere the combatant Batman is, not by a long shot, he was a schemer. I'd hate for them to say it was Azrael without the Jean Paul Valley backstory or pass up an opportunity to use the new Azrael in favor of a new shiny dude.

All things considered, I'd much rather it be someone new with an interesting story.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Honestly? My thoughts were he was a remnant of Hugo Strange's 'plan' to replace Batman with something effective, perhaps an inmate at Arkham that's been conditioned for this.

Now, they said the character was made especially for the game... but there is a sliver of a chance they mean 'the look and mantle of Arkham Knight' and not 'this person as a whole'.

Of course, I'd hate for them to take the lazy route. 'Oh, it's JASON TODD!'- I like me some Red Hood, a lot... but there's no sense in bringing him in if they never explained the background. Hush is a bit more likely, but then again not... he was nowhere the combatant Batman is, not by a long shot, he was a schemer. I'd hate for them to say it was Azrael without the Jean Paul Valley backstory or pass up an opportunity to use the new Azrael in favor of a new shiny dude.

All things considered, I'd much rather it be someone new with an interesting story.

Don't get me wrong I also think your right about him being a new character if that makes sense to you. Let explain better :I

I don't think its THE Damien Wayne I think its A "Damien Wayne" as in he is most likely a Talia/Bruce clone ( the comics are full of these things these days :P ) with the Arkham Knight being his own thing. My reasoning is really look at Arkham City what was the real point of Talia being in it. People cant say "she gets killed it adds emotional impact" because she gets killed all the time then she takes a dip in one of those pits and BAMO back in action.
    If they wanted to do that they would have killed Catwoman.

Rocksteady are massive Metal Gear fans I think Arkham Knight is their "Solid Snake". I also think by the end of the game he will be one of the good guys.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    (I know that I may Turn Off cybersoldier1981 with my J-RPG Shenanigans)

That helmet!! So he is a KEYBLADE Master?
    6ssk.jpg

/hides
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited March 2014
    Needs more pouches. Not enough pouches.
    Guns aren't big enough.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That's either Jason Todd or Azrael; both of whom would dress like Batman and use guns.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That's either Jason Todd or Azrael; both of whom would dress like Batman and use guns.

Azrael didn't use guns.

There's also Wrath, in case you've never heard of that guy.

YDcS99G.jpg

That's the problem, though- Rocksteady pretty much worked with DC to create this villain as an entirely new character.

IGN had this to say:
    IGN wrote:
    Of course, standing behind the Scarecrow is the new eponymous villain: the Arkham Knight. We know next to nothing about him, and Ginn wouldn't offer anything more than saying the character has been co-developed by Rocksteady and DC Comics. At the very end of the demo, Batman is ambushed by the Arkham Knight, who beats him to the ground. His silhouette resembles Batman, but there's no cape and his armour is more futuristic. His voice is digitally-altered, and refers to Batman as an 'old man' and says rather ominously, "This ends tonight."

And to be honest... the saga hasn't touched Jason Todd, and shoehorning a dead Robin story into Rocksteady's Arkham saga would just feel lousy. Azrael's certainly not the type to do this after seeing how he was in Arkham City.

I'm hoping that what they're saying is true when they say it's an all-new villain. Not a huge fan of lazy springboarding with nobodies from the past.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Azrael wasn't above killing people either, so him using guns is not out of the question since he used sharp instruments.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!