test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

/hide doesn't even really hide anything

luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Gameplay Bugs
/hide will currently only remove you from the player list for the instance and the search, but still leaves you visible as online on your character's supergroup roster.

Not only that, it's pretty easy to tell when someone who wants to remain hidden logs on, because your friends list will immediately display them logging on then immediately "logging off."(/hide kicking in)

Even if they were playing before you logged on and didn't see that set of messages, you can still check if someone is actually online but hidden by simply sending a tell to them anyway, it'll go straight to them instead of saying that the user is offline, which I think is the point of being hidden from other players.

Could we please get some fixes to the /hide command that make it more effective? Sometimes I just want to play without having to respond to team requests or PMs, and with the current system it's pretty easy to tell if someone's hiding if you know what to look for or are in the same supergroup as them.
two lines of plain text
the best kind of signature
Post edited by luesatchmo402 on

Comments

• Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I support this. While we are at it, have an actual AFK system to mark yourself AFK that is visible to other players visually, not just seeing the "Idol too long" message in search and friends list. Cuz who actually looks at those these days?

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think we need a /hide feature that does what is going on now- and your SG should see 'Champions Online'. Let them know you're there, just not where you are specifically.

Use /invisible to make you completely whitelisted from everything.