test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Respawning Objects in Alert Cause Issues

crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
So I finally found a reason that object respawning should be completely eliminated in Alerts. When standing in the spot where a destructable object spawns, it will force your character to start at the beginning of the map.

This happens to me in Gravitar WAY too much. An excellent start would be to removed the mailboxes and light post from the map so this doesn't happen. Its an unfair bug to jip someone out of the fight.

Has anyone else been unlucky enough for something like this to happen to them in any instance?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Any "trainstopping" alert where you fight the boss or last batch of minions where the train comes in. Gotten stuck inside the train, unable to use /stuck to get my reward. (didn't try /killme)

In Gravitar, I use those items w/ my Telekinesis characters to throw them at Gravitar. So, my vote to remove would be NO.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    zemmaxzemmax Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I actually use my aoe to trigger the Rush of battle spec to heal me :D but i have never been forced to start in beginning of the map!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'd settle for not have sight blocked by something a lot smaller than the person you are looking at
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    warcanch wrote: »
    Any "trainstopping" alert where you fight the boss or last batch of minions where the train comes in. Gotten stuck inside the train, unable to use /stuck to get my reward. (didn't try /killme)

In Gravitar, I use those items w/ my Telekinesis characters to throw them at Gravitar. So, my vote to remove would be NO.

that explains a lot.

I was in a mission and notice someone stuck inside a freight container. I was using an Electric hero so I moved over and fired up a Sparkstorm a couple of times and that seemed to free my fellow hero.

Now that I think about it, there might have been two heroes stuck in the same object. Yeah, I seem to recall two pairs of legs kicking about before the object turned to floatie fragments.

Bad guys can get stuck too, but they seem able to continue to attack with ranged attacks, while heroes to not be able to perform the equal.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014

So you're fine that players be removed from boss fights or stuck in crates because of unnecessary object placement and bugs.
  • Options
    r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited March 2014
    So I finally found a reason that object respawning should be completely eliminated in Alerts. When standing in the spot where a destructable object spawns, it will force your character to start at the beginning of the map.

This happens to me in Gravitar WAY too much. An excellent start would be to removed the mailboxes and light post from the map so this doesn't happen. Its an unfair bug to jip someone out of the fight.

Has anyone else been unlucky enough for something like this to happen to them in any instance?

Videos please, TT already mentioned this in the last livestream.. they cant do anything if you guys dont tell them how to reproduce....

Make a Video of what exactly you mean , add a description to it and send it to the devs.

Thank You
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I don't have video capturing software. But I guess I can make screencaps of the steps.
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    Videos please, TT already mentioned this in the last livestream.. they cant do anything if you guys dont tell them how to reproduce....

Make a Video of what exactly you mean , add a description to it and send it to the devs.

Thank You

A perfect example is the truck in the Dockside Dustup Alert. Stand in the right spot of it spawning, it will teleport you back to the respawn. Haven't experienced this in other Alerts but that one is easy to produce if need proof.

Or in that matter, the shipping containers as well. Had that happen once to me instead of being pushed I was teleported back to spawn.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Telekinesis being bad all around and designed on an underpowered throw mechanic is something else entirely.
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited March 2014

So you're fine that players be removed from boss fights or stuck in crates because of unnecessary object placement and bugs.

Oh no, of course not. I'd certainly prefer they FIX the bug (such a BIG list of bugs ... ). I'm just using my single vote to say I'd prefer to keep destructible objects IN, even with the bugs.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Agreed. The other solution sounds like "you occasionally have a cough, so let's remove those lungs".
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png