test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A shout-out to the 'cool' trolls

cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
So, there's certain trolls in CO that exist just to make people miserable, uncomfortable, and outright ruin the gaming experience for others.

But there's also the trolls who are outright hilarious. The ones that are around just to be silly and goofy and absurd. I've fallen out of my chair, spat coffee on my screen, and had tears running down my cheeks laughing at some of these things.

CO's character creation allows a lot of diverse ideas to come to life. It just so happens that some of these ideas are insanity incarnate, a carnival or 'WTF' that is equal parts horrifying and hilarious.

The trolls that are just so over-the-top ridiculous, out to goof off and have a good time- and not harass people, but to give us all a friendly jab and break the monotony of oh-so-serious tavern talk are the best.

I have to say, these guys? I'm glad they're here. 3 AM just wouldn't be the same.
Post edited by cybersoldier1981 on

Comments

• mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I simply have to agree with this.

Yes, yes. Truly.

But to be honest a troll is a troll and can damage the game just as much as they bring comedy to it.

Anyway, the Mayer is celebrating the ultimate troll soon. FOXBAT!
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm good troll. I just say OPPA! in many channels. o3o

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies -Kaiserin
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited March 2014
    Technically, if they aren't disrupting anything, they aren't trolls per definition. Just jokers.
    And Caprice would be very boring place without people with sense of humor.:rolleyes:
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't really consider myself a troll. I just like to bring some smiles (or frowns) to people in Caprice. After all, RP is sooper srs bsns.
  • mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm afraid it's all a question of perspective unfortunately.

• ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Glad to make your day
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Large_Frozen_Trolls.jpg
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Are you talking about Mechazombehraptorjesus , cause he caused me to spit my coffee over the screen when I seen him in the club XD
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • grengrasgrengras Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Trolling is in the eye of the beholder. Some people accuse others of trolling simply by interjecting random bits of comedy into otherwise dull lives. Others accuse people of trolling simply for having a strong sense of opinion that contradicts the strong sense of opinion held by them.

Many times I have been accused of trolling simply for disagreeing with someone's point of view and giving detailed explanations as to why their point of view was wrong. Apparrently if someone becomes popular enough anyone who differs with their opinion is a troll regardless of which person is calmly stating facts while the other is coming up with random 'creative' insults then degenerating to just calling the calm fact stater a troll. *eye rolls*

Regardless, I personally do not count the people who randomly start throwing in Bacon jokes, or Jewel's endless oppai homage (there's worse parts of the body to be fascinated by after all), or any of the other random quirks in CO behaviors to be trolling. They're just having fun, without harming anyone, which is the entire point of online gaming.

That being said, since Caliga's in this thread, time for some pointless and harmless fun...

*walks up to Caliga and presses Z*
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    Cleaned up the Lucy spam :x
    Back to our regularly scheduled topic.
  • bobj021960bobj021960 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't know if I'm a cool troll, but I do know that I like being a smart-### with occasional forays into jack-###
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't think I care for this expanded definition of Troll.

This definition means Slapperfish is a Troll.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=223561
    ZedBlock-200.jpg