test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone ever notice the Impact bugs..?

grengrasgrengras Posts: 58 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Power Discussion
The Impact advantage on the super speed powers can help a lot for damage builds. But there's some bugs there that can be interesting. I would post these to the devs but it would most likely be pointless.

Bug 1: You cannot use Sword Cyclone power with this advantage. The moment you turn on that power your Impact will toggle off. Even if you stop using the Sword Cyclone power the Impact advantage buff will not toggle back on until you stop your travel power and restart it.

Bug 2: Super Speed's version of Impact advantage works, but for some reason Mach Speed does not seem to. Every time I tried to use the Impact with Mach Speed it would never toggle on and the damage wouldn't be increased. Which is a shame since I actually prefer the Mach Speed animation over the Super Speed animation version.

Third issue is that some powers just won't register the bonus. This is possibly a bug but more likely working as intended since all of these powers have specifics to them which makes sense for ignoring the advantage.

There is a fourth issue with this power but it is not a bug: This issue is probably working as intended since the tooltip specifically states damage bonus not power bonus, regardless I should still mention that the bonus only applies to damage not to healing or shields or control powers. Or at least, it has not helped anything I have tested it on. Mentioning that just in case someone was unaware that the advantage is intended for damage bonus only.
Post edited by grengras on

Comments

• lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Does Impact even work? I've tried it a couple times in the past, but never saw anything change on my tooltips. What powers are you using and in what way can you tell it's working?

I have a couple "speedster" characters for which this would be thematically appropriate if I didn't think it wasn't a waste of advantage points.

Thanks in advance.
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    All TPs should have it's Advantage on automatically. Ofcourse it would mean that the Adv. is working or TP even has one.
    I only spend points for Ranks rather than something that might happen occasionally.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • grengrasgrengras Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Does Impact even work? I've tried it a couple times in the past, but never saw anything change on my tooltips. What powers are you using and in what way can you tell it's working?

I have a couple "speedster" characters for which this would be thematically appropriate if I didn't think it wasn't a waste of advantage points.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, Impact definitely does work (when using super speed not mach speed). In fact I have used it in some of my character builds.

For example, a character with pestilence passive and using epidemic will kill things far faster if auto-running around a mob in circles with Impact on than if that character was standing still. It also works very nicely for 2GMing a boss.

Depending on the amount of ranks you spend on super speed and other bonuses applied to your base damage values you should see varying amounts of bonus damage. But for my DeKay alt with t2 ss + Impact using Epidemic / Pestilence, high ego / dex, and a spec tree designed to optimize damage it just burns through alerts with insane speeds.

On DeKay I ran her a few runs with another player with pestilence / epidemic who was actually 10 levels higher than her. She was wiping things out at roughly half again as fast as he (the other toxic user) was.

At another time back when she was level 14 one of my fellow sg members on their healer alt was randomly pug added into the same grab alert. We burned through the alert in record time, slowed down only by the cutscenes. When the alert ended she privately thanked me for dps clearing the run for everyone. A few minutes later she suddenly exclaimed over sg chat 'wtf you're only level 14?! I thought you were 40!"

As one of the random pug players I came into contact one day said, "Damn what the hell happened? All I saw was a cloud of gas running in circles and everything falling over dead before I could blink!"

Sadly I may have to remove this from the three character builds I currently have it on due to the way Fire & Ice rampage works. (Running around in circles is 'not' a good idea with the randomly spawned fire traps that explode and kill people if someone runs into them.)
  • bravehoptoadbravehoptoad Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The one time I tried Impact, it turned itself off immediately...it did not "persist for a short time." I was never able to get it to work for any of the electricity powers I tried, all of which required that you plant yourself to fire them.

It looks like ayochan has this post: http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3457341&postcount=5. Must be moving to use, up to 30% damage bonus.

Could great fun with Epidemic or Hurricane.