test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The 'We Have Plenty of Fantasy Stuff Already' Contest!

cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
All right, here it goes. Another contest to send a message to Cryptic!

Prizes are the same- First place, 10 keys. Second place, 5 keys. Third place, 1 key. Everyone else will be marched through the streets and mocked by peasants. You bring shame upon your house.

Rules: Yes, folks. It gets harder.

-All entries must be 'medieval-ish' fantasy. No 'Final Fantasy' or 'Modern Fantasy'. The general idea is that your creation would be 'Something that belongs in WoW or Neverwinter or Guild Wars'. Limited degrees of 'Fantasy Steampunk' are allowed, though nothing that pushes into 'Victorian'.

-Entries must be shown in an appropriate 'fantasy' environment. I won't give you any hints, but go out there and take that image there!

-Entries must have a short bio and be named! I don't care if they're mythological fantasy creatures or even supernatural demigods, some kind of bio and name is required.

-Entries must not use more than 4 pieces from the same set.
Gotcha.

I'll choose the winners... whenever. I'll let you know.
Post edited by cybersoldier1981 on

Comments

• lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is this like a retro fight back thing?

Also do you need stuffs?!

**edit my NW drow hr has the ccc locked
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    And who can accomplish this without using the Archer jacket and belt.
    :wink:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    And who can accomplish this without using the Archer jacket and belt.
    :wink:

There are plenty of options. Methinks thou placeth too much faith in thy bow, pleb.

Fun Fact: In the Revolutionary War, the British planned to confiscate all the firearms. If successful, General Washington intended to train and arm the Colonial Militia with bows... and analysis shows that they would have been just as effective, if not more.
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    screenshot_2014-02-18-21-43-38.jpg?psid=1
    Kapt'n Rokham and his greatest treasure: barrels of grog

Yar, I be Kapt'n Rokham, da infamous Orc Poirate. But you never heard o' me, roight?

Don't blame yer. I ain't from 'round 'ere, see? Me 'n me krew were headed to Neverwinter, but me navigator had dis fancy idear to circumnavigate the realm, PLAYing with the ARC of the world, and he set course to sail us right off da edge o' it!

I swearz I'll krump 'im...once I find him. 'Cos we all got spread out falling down 'ere to yer Millennium City.

I found fingz work diff'rent 'ere. You can't just krump anyonez you seez, savvy? Da mobz in purple, dey'z fair game. Da barbarians in the black leather vests, dey'z good for a scrap. But if dey dress like some flash gitz wif capez, stayz away! Dey don't fight fair!

Stick wif me, sunny jim, I showz you where all da loot boxes at. So...wanna join me krew?
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • themightydorkthemightydork Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    TMD_Faith_Traditional.jpg

Faith Blackheart aka Blackie

There are hidden places in the world where the old ways still hold court. You may think this a foolish thing to say in this century of modern technology, however they do exist. Just out of sight. Blink to often and you will never see them. One such place lies deep within San Sebastian Swamp on the outskirts of what is now known as Vibora Bay.

Named during the days of Spanish settlement in the area, San Sebastian is one of the most extensive undisturbed natural areas in the state. Thick with trees, most commonly cypress and oak but also other sub tropical species. Most of these are coated with the ubiquitous Spanish moss, an airborne opportunist that drapes over branches, clings to roofs, and creates thick, tangled canopies over paths and tracks. The air is filled with the scents of hibiscus, frangipani, oleander and myriad other flowering plants.

Amidst this overgrown jumble there lurks a small hillock, slightly raised out of the swamp. All but the most observant would dismiss it as just another of the random copse like the countless others which cover the swamp. However this nondescript clump of moss covered trees is the gateway to the Green Wood.

The Green Wood is a timeless place, existing somewhere between now and never, and appears to occupy a much larger area than it's entrance in the swamp would suggest. Woodtop, the main settlement of the Green Wood is an idyllic location, nestled on a small hill amid lush woodland surroundings. Most of the dwellings are built around large trees at various levels in the canopy, however the village's main feature is Foundry, a stone-built hall in an open clearing at the center of the village. The Foundry marks the spot where Woodtop was first settled and has become the central meeting place for the inhabitants of the Green Wood. Many blazing cauldrons are dotted around the edges of the foundry to keep the large structure warm and pleasant. At the beginning of each year the Foundry also becomes home to myriad artisans looking for apprentices to train in their various talents.

It was the Year of the Flaming Star (according to the time keepers) when Faith first entered the Foundry to seek her trade. The hall was full of chatter and the shouts of greetings between old friends who had not seen each other recently. Faith wandered through the crowds letting her eyes travel over the faces around her. She wasn't quite sure what she was looking for but had a feeling that her destiny was in this room.

Off to her right, near one of the large braziers sat a crumpled old figure staring quietly into the flames. Unsure why this one person should catch her attention, Faith looked around at other artisans - they all had throngs of young men and women surrounding them, jostling each other and asking questions. Weaving her way between the groups Faith moved over to sit on the bench near the old figure, joining them in watching the coals blaze in the cauldron. After a short time of silent companionship, a wizened fist appeared from within the robes. As the arm extended, the clasped fingers slowly opened. Even in the firelight, Faith could see the green glow almost oozing between the fingers as if it sought to escape. "I can show you the true gift of the Green Wood.". Despite the obvious frailty of the hand, the voice itself was strong and clear. Faith sat silently staring at the hand and its strange aura, then turning toward the hooded face said "Show me."
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    MythRull_zps074e4acb.jpg
    Myth Rull's Armored Siege Golem body.

Lost to time are the tales of Rull, the Lost King of the Lands of Myth. What little information we have on him tells us that he was once the ruler of a kingdom that was the center of a vast magic-centric empire. His reign was peaceful but short. One day the kingdom just vanished from both the face of the Earth and history.

*TOP SECRET UNTIL Documents*

Recently, ancient relics have been unearthed in a part of the world thought to have been the location of this lost empire. A joint venture between UNTIL and the Trismegistus Council have been studying these relics and have learned that in the final days of Rull's empire there was an attempted coup de tat by the court wizard and an army of arcane golems. One of these golems was found intact and practically undamaged.

Metallurgical analysis of the inert golem was inconclusive. It's made from a metal never before encountered. When science failed we turned to magic for answers. As soon as magic was applied to the golem it awoke and sprang to life. After a few tense minutes it was discovered that the golem was not hostile, in fact it was sentient! It claims to actually be Rull but can't remember how he became a sentient construct. It is unclear at this time if what he says is true but we are certain that the personality of the golem is mild-mannered, seems to know right from wrong and fully believes that it is who it says it is. Given it's apparent good nature and innate abilities UNTIL is authorizing the golem, codenamed: Myth Rull, to operate as a member of the superhero community. UNTIL is now overseeing a full scale archaeological dig where Myth Rull was found in the hopes of discovering more about 'Rull's origins and if there are more constructs like 'Rull out there. And whether or not they're as friendly as he is.

Costume parts used. Categories not listed are categories not being used.

Head: Nighthawk
    Head Wear: Ancient Armor
    Eye Accessory: Mask Slanted
    Top Accessory: Horns Demon

Chest & Arms: Ribbed Rusted
    Chest Layer: Armadillo
    Neck: Armor Pointed
    Bracers: Ancient Armor
    Shoulder Pads: Sharkfin
    Arm Accessories: Armor Bolted
    Back: Warhammer

Hands: Armor Gauntlet Short

Legs: Ribbed Rusted
    Leg Accessories: Robot Samurai
    Feet: Ancient Armor
    Hips Layer: Tech Smooth

Weapon skin: Heavy Hammer Sledge

No Auras.
    Screenshot taken in the Mystic Foundry social instance.

Hope this meets entry criteria, I'm terrible at writing bios.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • kharma23kharma23 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    a61b6013-e6be-4db4-b58e-28fb60ce110b_zps70a4a6ed.jpg

When her village was attacked by bandits Eydis Valdemar defended her people to the bitter end. She was slain standing over the body of her father as well as the piled bodies of her attackers.
    Her valor was recognized by the valkyrie who raised her up, imbued her with their own powers and set her off into the world as Gungnir, Odin's Spear, defender of all those who could not defend themselves.

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

You see i have a character with shoulder pads, bracers and feet that have accessories from the same set, one on each shoulder, forearms and leg. So that makes 6 individual pieces.

So would that technically count as using only 3 pieces or 6?...

Reference:

screenshot_2013-05-23-05-46-56_zps219c3b57.jpg
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    cam_zps59fbcb95.jpg

"The name's Cam. Cam Getsome. I hail from Stone City in the Big Mountains. No Dwarf city is as beautiful and I won't hear a word otherwise."

"I was on my way back home when some foul sorcery spirited me away to this land of upside down Dwarf cities. I don't mind seeing as there are plenty of people who need an axe to the knees in these parts."
    Title: At the Gates of Lavora
    Picture Bio: The imminent attack of Flare's home country Lavora draws near. Donning armor worn by his forefathers, he stands ready to face any foe--even his own blood.

n4fh.jpg
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    fantasy_zps019da03e.png

Pursues-the-Unseen

He was an apprentice mage, in a world where wolves, not apes, became men. His master, Studies-the-Wind, was teaching him to use the Web Between the Worlds to open portals to other places, when the activation of the Harmon Gate disrupted the Web, and drew Pursues-the-Unseen to the Gate's world of origin. Now, Pursues-the-Unseen works to help his new world, while studying its magics and hoping to find the Web Between the Worlds, and his way home...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!