test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Revitalize build?

bravehoptoadbravehoptoad Posts: 248 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Power Discussion
Hi, guys!

I'm working on a build to use Revitalize in the INT tree, trying to maximize use of Active Offenses and Defences. Hoping to get your advice before I commit. Here's what I've got so far:

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name: Katie Jones

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
Level 10: Ego (Secondary)
Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Invincible
Level 6: Ascetic
Level 9: Healthy Mind
Level 12: Academics
Level 15: Field Ops Training
Level 18: Coordinated
Level 21: Acrobat

Powers:
Level 1: Radiance
Level 1: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Imbue
Level 8: Fiery Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Supernatural Power
Level 14: Epidemic (Rank 2, Outbreak)
Level 17: Aspect of the Infernal
Level 20: Defile (Rank 2, Plague Bearer)
Level 23: Resurgence (Rank 2, Evanescent Emergence)
Level 26: Fire Snake (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
Level 32: Rebirth
Level 35: Ascension
Level 38: Unbreakable

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Acrobatics (Rank 2, Rank 3, Versatility)
Level 35: Teleportation

Specializations:
Intelligence: Preparation (2/2)
Intelligence: Enlightened (1/3)
Intelligence: Tactician (2/2)
Intelligence: Revitalize (3/3)
Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (2/3)
Protector: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Protector: Unrelenting (2/2)
Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
Protector: Resolute (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (1/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: The Rush of Battle (3/3)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
Mastery: Protector Mastery (1/1)

Radiance is the energy-builder to use, because you can cast it during down-time or when running to the next room to reduce the cool-downs.
  • Are there any big cooldowns better than what I've taken?
  • SIX left-over advantage points! Where to put them?

What do you think?

edit: meant to post this in Builds and Roles.
Post edited by bravehoptoad on

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I assume this is a lvl 40 build cause you have no actual attacks till lvl 14. I dislike AO/AD stacking builds cause they highlight game imbalance (at least, the shared 30 sec cd between multiple AO/ADs needs to NOT be affected by cd reduction- really dunno why that's the case atm).

Anyways, personal pref aside, first critique I have is that you took the Protector tree, which at least for PvE isn't optimal for non-tanks. I can see why you took it for the AD reduction, but for a combo of dps and extra defense Guardian would prob be better.

You also have no CC moves or block power or threat wipes- at all. I mean, I guess w/ short cds ya may not need any, but ur def gonna draw lotsa attention w/ heavy Epidemic and Defile use w/ an elemental dmg boosting form up (and firesnake also boosting dmg). Up to you if ur willing to handle that as is.

Supernatural Power works against needing to end build when using SN moves in combat. You're somewhat conflicting the base of the build (Revitalize) by structuring it around Supernatural Power. The out-of combat-thing to me doesn't sound like enough justification for Revit, and in combat its less efficient cause End building is time lost not using Defile or Epidemic for direct dmg. Consider that to take Revit ur losing 20% return from ur 2ndary SS's and one point from Detect Invuln.

Since you have Int primary, there isn't a great reason to keep Ego as a 2ndary SS, imo (as non-primary, all Ego is giving you is additive ranged dmg that is greatly diminished when gearing past 70 Ego anyways- SSing Dex would be better for dps and would help ur crit heal rate too).

Also, Supernatural Power works off Recovery- you dun need to SS it, but I assume you'll want to gear for some of it and/or Endurance at least.

W/o changing the build's abilities- Imbue, Rebirth, and Unbreakable are all fine enough to rank up for a cd build, if ya wondering what to do w/ the free adv points.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • bravehoptoadbravehoptoad Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the reply, flowcyto. This is exactly the kind of critique I was looking for.
    flowcyto wrote: »
    I assume this is a lvl 40 build cause you have no actual attacks till lvl 14.

I'm level 20. This is my free rebuild going from Silver to Gold. If I were starting from level 1, I could use Infernal Blast or something and respec at 14 when it's still dirt cheap.
    I dislike AO/AD stacking builds cause they highlight game imbalance (at least, the shared 30 sec cd between multiple AO/ADs needs to NOT be affected by cd reduction- really dunno why that's the case atm).

Gosh, I hadn't seen any of these builds except from ages ago before Revitalize was nerfed. I wouldn't have thought it would still be over-powered; all I seem to see are DEX/CON/INT Guardian-Vindicator builds. Thought I'd try something different -- less DPS, maybe, but more survivability.
    Anyways, personal pref aside, first critique I have is that you took the Protector tree, which at least for PvE isn't optimal for non-tanks. I can see why you took it for the AD reduction, but for a combo of dps and extra defense Guardian would prob be better.

You also have no CC moves or block power or threat wipes- at all. I mean, I guess w/ short cds ya may not need any, but ur def gonna draw lotsa attention w/ heavy Epidemic and Defile use w/ an elemental dmg boosting form up (and firesnake also boosting dmg). Up to you if ur willing to handle that as is.

Yeah, I was thinking about survivability -- with Protector Mastery AND Revit, I thought I'd be pretty much unkillable with all the ADs. I'm hoping one advantage of the build is I don't have to waste slots in CC or threat-wipes. It may not work.

I was also hoping this build would be a good way to try out PvP. I've never done before.
    Supernatural Power works against needing to end build when using SN moves in combat. You're somewhat conflicting the base of the build (Revitalize) by structuring it around Supernatural Power. The out-of combat-thing to me doesn't sound like enough justification for Revit, and in combat its less efficient cause End building is time lost not using Defile or Epidemic for direct dmg. Consider that to take Revit ur losing 20% return from ur 2ndary SS's and one point from Detect Invuln.

Interesting thoughts. So what powerset WOULD work well with Revit? One that has to use its energy builder anyway? ...like...dunno...dual swords or something? Are any good builds designed to use the energy builder?

I was thinking that 14 seconds of quiet Radiance in the corner will reset any CD in the game. Essentially I could have all my CDs ready for any fight. The 5 minute CD on Rebirth seems perfect for this.

If Revit isn't worth it in the INT tree, then probably better to use a different PSS altogether.
    Since you have Int primary, there isn't a great reason to keep Ego as a 2ndary SS, imo (as non-primary, all Ego is giving you is additive ranged dmg that is greatly diminished when gearing past 70 Ego anyways- SSing Dex would be better for dps and would help ur crit heal rate too).

GREAT to know. But isn't the same true of Dex? Diminishing returns past ~70 Dex? But if it's better for DPS then it's a very easy switch to make. EGO helps with the stuns, but how often do those happen anyway?
    Also, Supernatural Power works off Recovery- you dun need to SS it, but I assume you'll want to gear for some of it and/or Endurance at least.

YES, definitely need this. My goal is to have enough END to fully charge Defile -- don't even have that right now.
    W/o changing the build's abilities- Imbue, Rebirth, and Unbreakable are all fine enough to rank up for a cd build, if ya wondering what to do w/ the free adv points.

I was looking through the corpse of the wiki for super-long CDs, and Palliate looks like a winner. The longer the CD and the more powerful the ability, the better for this build -- they all take 14 seconds to reset from scratch. I wish there was a 12-hour "insta-kill" CD. I could use it every 14 seconds.

I'm leaning toward advantaging Rebirth. With +200% damage, it might be good tactics to die every fight.

Thanks for looking over my build. It's given me a lot to think about and test.
    edited February 2014
    "I'm level 20. This is my free rebuild going from Silver to Gold. If I were starting from level 1, I could use Infernal Blast or something and respec at 14 when it's still dirt cheap."

Gotcha. Well actually, if anything Revit builds are better when leveling, cause at lower levels its more likely you'll have stricter energy issues and thus have to End build more by necessity (and since ya dun get nearly as much cd reduction at low gear lvls, Revit can be pretty nice to have). The issue is by high levels ur energy situation can change rather drastically, so you may need a re-design for when you get there (ofc, the free retcon at lvl 40 helps w/ that).

"Gosh, I hadn't seen any of these builds except from ages ago before Revitalize was nerfed. I wouldn't have thought it would still be over-powered; all I seem to see are DEX/CON/INT Guardian-Vindicator builds. Thought I'd try something different -- less DPS, maybe, but more survivability."

Nah, it was just a side comment about the state of cd reduction in this game- dun worry too much about it as its tangential anyways. I believe at one point Revit was much stronger, but that was before my time here (sounds like it has a needed adjustment, though).

"Yeah, I was thinking about survivability -- with Protector Mastery AND Revit, I thought I'd be pretty much unkillable with all the ADs. I'm hoping one advantage of the build is I don't have to waste slots in CC or threat-wipes. It may not work

I was also hoping this build would be a good way to try out PvP. I've never done before.
    "

I see. Yeah you can try it that way and see if it'll work w/o CC or the others, I just worry that you may be spending more time blocking than pressing offense- at least in AoE if ur not careful.

I don't PvP, so I can't help too much there, but for that you'd prob want a way to snare and get the nailed to the ground adv (plus maybe a CC adv to stop blocking attempts). It seems like it would be rather potent in PvP as is, but that's not for me to judge.

"Interesting thoughts. So what powerset WOULD work well with Revit? One that has to use its energy builder anyway? ...like...dunno...dual swords or something? Are any good builds designed to use the energy builder?

I was thinking that 14 seconds of quiet Radiance in the corner will reset any CD in the game. Essentially I could have all my CDs ready for any fight. The 5 minute CD on Rebirth seems perfect for this.
    "

Hmm, well that's a tough topic since most builds are suited to minimize (or even eliminate) End building all together- at least by lvl 40. My best guess for builds that still could use some End building would be builds that are energy hogs even at lvl 40.

A couple things come to mind for this, like FC/Typhoon/Gigabolt tap builds, Gauntlet Chainsaw, 100 Hands, Laser Sword, some PA builds, Ebon Ruin, UA Fireball + Conflag, anything adding Strafe Run to the mix, Skarn's Bane, Haymaker charging, Lightning Arc, Avalanche or Lightning Storm.. prob missing a few others. All of these can be built around little-no end building, but requires some work-arounds and high lvl to do so. For Revit, most of these builds would be a basic fill and splurge style- End build w/ Revit, quickly drain all the energy on the energy hog move, repeat.

Also should note if ya want an End builder that does decent dmg on its own, Boomerang Toss does the most dps of them by a good margin (well, unless ya factor the melee aoe ones hitting >1 target). At rank 3 I was able to get it to 1k-ish crits by itself, which is impressive for an End builder.

"If Revit isn't worth it in the INT tree, then probably better to use a different PSS altogether."

Well it is the core of the build, right? Up to you which you wanted more- an Infernal SN playstyle or the concept of Revit. Int is still good as a PSS regardless, but it also has its drawbacks (lower crit/severity than other trees, for one).

"GREAT to know. But isn't the same true of Dex? Diminishing returns past ~70 Dex? But if it's better for DPS then it's a very easy switch to make. EGO helps with the stuns, but how often do those happen anyway?"

Dex and Crit rating are on a diff DR table than the other stats, afaik. After the dodge/crit nerf, I think a combined Dex/rating of around 350 is where the DR starts to kick in rather hard, for most toons that would be around a char sheet crit of ~32-34%.

"YES, definitely need this. My goal is to have enough END to fully charge Defile -- don't even have that right now. "

Again, the concept can still work, esp at low levels, but high-level gear makes end building less and less needed. You could always keep it at high lvl and see if it still works w/ some stat tweaking (and it prob could, but I wouldn't have any personal experience there- one of those trial and error things I'd assume).

"I was looking through the corpse of the wiki for super-long CDs, and Palliate looks like a winner. The longer the CD and the more powerful the ability, the better for this build -- they all take 14 seconds to reset from scratch. I wish there was a 12-hour "insta-kill" CD. I could use it every 14 seconds.

I'm leaning toward advantaging Rebirth. With +200% damage, it might be good tactics to die every fight.
    "

Well, I wouldn't really build around planning to die frequently, rofl, esp cause when you res ya gotta renew the toggle and TP, and still have to heal Rebirth's self-health drain. I mean, its still a nice cd to have, and it is an effective threat wipe, but it may be rather annoying to play like that, ya know?

"Thanks for looking over my build. It's given me a lot to think about and test."

anytime 8)
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • bravehoptoadbravehoptoad Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    flowcyto wrote: »
    A couple things come to mind for this, like FC/Typhoon/Gigabolt tap builds, Gauntlet Chainsaw, 100 Hands, Laser Sword, some PA builds, Ebon Ruin, UA Fireball + Conflag, anything adding Strafe Run to the mix, Skarn's Bane, Haymaker charging, Lightning Arc, Avalanche or Lightning Storm.. prob missing a few others. All of these can be built around little-no end building, but requires some work-arounds and high lvl to do so. For Revit, most of these builds would be a basic fill and splurge style- End build w/ Revit, quickly drain all the energy on the energy hog move, repeat.

That's a lovely list to get. The Energy Projector sets looks good off the bat, because their energy unlocks scale with END, and END is a good SSS for INT because of the way it increases equilibrium due to Preparation.

Fire All Weapons also looks like a natural for a Revit build, because by itself it's got an AO-like cooldown of 1.5 minutes.
    I don't PvP, so I can't help too much there, but for that you'd prob want a way to snare and get the nailed to the ground adv (plus maybe a CC adv to stop blocking attempts). It seems like it would be rather potent in PvP as is, but that's not for me to judge.

Ice Cage looks great for this. It roots, interrupts, AND applies CC, and I wouldn't have to use it when grouping in PVE. Also Hurl for 100' NTTG and a snare. Pretty much impossible to fit all those into a neat character conception, tho.

So......................

...it was very useful that you pointed out that Supernatural and Revitalization fight against each other, and that I should pick one or the other. Honestly, I'm thinking about going with the Supernatural -- it's more boring, but I like the PBAoE. This is my first non-melee toon, and I need baby-steps to working at range :-)
    edited February 2014
    Yeah if its ur first ranged toon then SN move-sets are simple to manage and generally quite powerful (both bestial and infernal). I'd leave Revit and cd-heavy builds for something more advanced- since you have to juggle many things to get the best out of them.
  • oniganononiganon Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The only build I've really considered using for Reviatalize was PA, because of Wrist Bolter's advantage.

And after the nerf to 6s ICD I'm even considering switching that to PSS END for Kickback.
  • thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    oniganon wrote: »
    The only build I've really considered using for Reviatalize was PA, because of Wrist Bolter's advantage.

And after the nerf to 6s ICD I'm even considering switching that to PSS END for Kickback.

That's what I do with a Power Armor character I've got...I then use the other specs that proc from using the energy builder like the one in Vindicator that Dazes the opponent...there's one in one of the Sentry, Sentinel trees that boosts your dodge and crit chance and is called Twist of Fate...

At low levels I use Int then as I reach mid-level (25-30) I swap to End primary and keep on blasting...