Forum Signature Rule violation

r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
edited January 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
where do we report those?

one example:

spinnytop_to_large_signature_by_r9xchaos-d734xob.jpg

and the rule says:

Signature/Avatar Rule Violation...

Signatures are limited to five lines of text, including blank lines, or an image that must be no larger than 500x150 pixels and 50Kb in size. Images must be in .jpg format. The text in the signature may be customized by the BBCode in use on the forums. It is recommended that you stick with readable fonts and colors and that the size is not too large...

his signature is 688 x 420 pixel

including all the quotes...

in my opinion its impudently large...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    [email]ijustlostanarguementandmysigisevenbiggerthantheoneiamcomplainingabout@pwe.com[/email] would be my guess.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nuclear_explosion.jpg

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If you're absolutely serious, go look for one of TT's posts. He's got those links in his sig - assuming it's not too big for you.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    [email]ijustlostanarguementandmysigisevenbiggerthantheoneiamcomplainingabout@pwe.com[/email] would be my guess.

lost an argument? where ? who? when?

not about arguments, but after i read 20 of his comments i noticed the huge signature and scrolling time then i checked the rules and hes way above that... and no one notices it..

when my signature was only 20 pixels to large i got a notification to change it.. not fair.. so why is he allowed to have that huge signature without beign nootified?
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    lost an argument? where ? who? when?

not about arguments, but after i read 20 of his comments i noticed the huge signature and scrolling time then i checked the rules and hes way above that... and no one notices it..

when my signature was only 20 pixels to large i got a notification to change it.. not fair.. so why is he allowed to have that huge signature without beign nootified?

First off Foxi is a girl. Secondly wow just wow , I wish I could report you for being anally retentive seriously I do. So you yourself get into trouble and you want others to as well just because butt of hurt?

Obviously when TT comes back ( as he is the only one that can really deal with it ) , Spiny will get told to shorten it. TT's on hols at the moment.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This thread is bringing the funny.
  • Options
    dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    InBeforeTheLock.gif
    See more on Know Your Meme

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey guys, r9xchaos is right, the signature is too big.

However, everyone so far who has posted that has a picture in their signature is violating the rule (except for me, I am infallible!). Your signature must not be more than 150 pixels tall, and this includes lines of text. So if you have a 500x150 sig pic, plus one or more lines of text above or below it, your signature is too big.

So please, if you're reading this, check your sig and make sure it's not larger than 150 pixels tall, 500 pixels wide. And if you want to add links or just text, shorten your pic a bit by like 10 or 15 pixels per line.

I usually don't mind a separator line (like my signature below) since without one, signatures tend to run into the post.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thing is the OP is also to big with the over use of.

_
    _
    _

Then siggy picture here

Im not sure mine might be a tiny bit over gonna report me to >_>
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    Im not sure mine might be a tiny bit over gonna report me to >_>

Since your image is 150 pixels tall, and you have a line of text above and below, yeah, it's too big.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thing is the OP is also to big with the over use of.

_
    _
    _

Ah yep, I missed those lines. One line for separator only, please, peeps.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Since your image is 150 pixels tall, and you have a line of text above and below, yeah, it's too big.

I hate you sometimes U__U
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I hate you sometimes U__U

Most people hate me always so this is an improvement!
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Most people hate me always so this is an improvement!

Well fixed it ^__^ Better told off by you than TT. As I like TT and dont like rage facing at him.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Mine is too small.
    But thats just because i was too lazy to resize it.
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Great, now everyone has to go in and adjust their sigs cause someone got their panties in a bunch. Everyone thank the OP for being so considerate :|

If Biff says to do, then I do! And yes I had to let go of those two really great quotes... but I consider this an improvement :D
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Even though I don't have a pic in my sig, I feel like the spaces between each line in my sig might be breaking these sig rules. Now I won't be able to sleep well tonight. And for the fact I am home sick today

Though 150 pixels tall? I thought that would be much thinner than it looks.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Great, now everyone has to go in and adjust their sigs

Hey let's not point fingers. It's cool to follow the rules! :biggrin:
    drgmstr wrote: »
    Even though I don't have a pic in my sig, I feel like the spaces between each line in my sig might be breaking these sig rules. Now I won't be able to sleep well tonight. And for the fact I am home sick today

Nope, you're good. Five lines of text, including blank spaces. That's exactly what you've got.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I usually don't mind a separator line (like my signature below) since without one, signatures tend to run into the post.

ESPECIALLY this one! I can't stand reading posts and then accidentally reading the person's signature EVERY TIME I read one of their posts. Especially the one "look a ham".
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    TT's not even gone for two days and already the forums have gone crazy...

... well, crazier...
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    kallethen wrote: »
    TT's not even gone for two days and already the forums have gone crazy...

... well, crazier...

Crazy? What crazy... I see no crazy around here.... owo
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Nope, you're good. Five lines of text, including blank spaces. That's exactly what you've got.

Phew. To be quite honest, I took a shot in the dark putting in my text to how many lines can be allowed in the sig. I just know from previous forums I am part of 5 lines of text is usualy the max so I figured it was the same here. But to add Biff, that line between my post and text is actually a 6th line in my sig. So technically I have been breaking the rules with this sig for at least a year now. *shifty eyes*
    ESPECIALLY this one! I can't stand reading posts and then accidentally reading the person's signature EVERY TIME I read one of their posts. Especially the one "look a ham".

They can be annoying at times yes. A simple design flaw that can be fixed if we suggest it enough to have a line break at the end of each post separating the post from our sigs...Instead of adding our own...

"Embrace your dreams"

• Options
    edited January 2014
    First off Foxi is a girl.

to me he is a guy from the internet... (( girl = guy in real life))

I think the thread can be closed since the issue is solved.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    drgmstr wrote: »
    But to add Biff, that line between my post and text is actually a 6th line in my sig. So technically I have been breaking the rules with this sig for at least a year now. *shifty eyes*

Like I said before, a separator line on top of your sig, I won't count that. I do it myself! :P

Not quite. Your signature is still too large. If you want to have text lines in your signature, take some 15 pixels off the height of your picture.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    to me he is a guy from the internet... (( girl = guy in real life))

You know how you cant tell shes a girl in RL she doesnt make half naked demon women pics for sigs ^__^
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Testing before the lock.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You know how you cant tell shes a girl in RL she doesnt make half naked demon women pics for sigs ^__^

Demon?
    venom and carnage from spiderman are demons?
    I created this 3D character...she has a backstory aswell.. however shes not a demon and not only guys like girls...

i dont get why it is important is he is a guy or a girl fake..

anyways i forgot to delete the text now its deleted i think... doing this with my smartphone :D
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What a lovely thread to stroll through on this fine day, wouldn't you agree caliga?

Oh, wait how do I understand the pixels, am I going to have to stretch my SIG? I don't really get how I should go about doing this. 0.o

Edit: well I made it smaller:O
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Testing before the lock.

James Harmon's highly advanced suit of technology could protect him against many things, but there was still his one only weakness: rubber bands.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited January 2014

ROFL /thread.
  • Options
    riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Testing before the lock.

That signature is marvelous.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    thread can be closed now? :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    What a lovely thread to stroll through on this fine day, wouldn't you agree caliga?

Oh, wait how do I understand the pixels, am I going to have to stretch my SIG? I don't really get how I should go about doing this. 0.o

Dont feed the ego :O
  • Options
    edited January 2014

No, you must suffer with this being open for all eternity! Maybe make it a sticky too.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited January 2014

No keep it open so we can continue to make fun of it.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No words can be put of how Annoyed and Angered I'm right now with this Thread!

Now I need to make a new signature and STRUGGLE to fit ALL my Favorite characters in this little space, ala Select Character Style!

I hate you all! :mad:
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    riltmos wrote: »
    No, you must suffer with this being open for all eternity! Maybe make it a sticky too.

/signed for sticky. The world needs useful threads like this. NO! THE WORLD DEMANDS IT!

aww crap its the HYPNO BUDGIE :v
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Okay cool to me, il have somethign to read while i wait rendering my scene :D

Id welcome a "report signature" button =)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    avianos wrote: »
    No words can be put of how Annoyed and Angered I'm right now with this Thread!

Now I need to make a new signature and STRUGGLE to fit ALL my Favorite characters in this little space, ala Select Character Style!

I hate you all! :mad:

You can screenshot your signature and then shrink it down. Then everything will be there, just smaller.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, I'm pretty sure my sig is okay...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Think it's high time we rename this thread to "Test your sigs to make sure they don't break the forum rules." :tongue:

"Embrace your dreams"

• Options
    edited January 2014

Nope. Every time someone has to go and change a sig they've had for 3 years with no problem, we want them to think of this thread, and how someone caused this all because of an argument the had with someone :3
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Bloody Hell!

And ALL this was because of YOUR personal Shenanigans with Foxi!

You blew it my friend!
    Nope. Every time someone has to go and change a sig they've had for 3 years with no problem, we want them to think of this thread, and how someone caused this all because of an argument the had with someone :3

What the Fish in your Signature ever means? :eek::eek::eek: I'm Confused
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Oh no you don't, this is still indirectly your fault as well.
    Thank you.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I go to work for five hours and you people break the forum signatures.

What the shazbot.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    avianos wrote: »
    Bloody Hell!

And ALL this was because of YOUR personal Shenanigans with Foxi!

You blew it my friend!

No, it was because the signature was huge...he used a real huge signature ...

the bigger a signture is the more i need to scroll....
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Alright too much hate going on in this place.
    biffsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.