test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Aura Sets Redeemable Per Character

crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
We're still waiting for Aura sets in the Store to be redeemable per character after the initial purchase.

Oh wait. You want us to put them in the hideout bank every time we switch toons or buy the costume set every time I want a set on a character? Never mind.

We'll stick with buying account wide costume set unlocks.

Why the way auras are sold now is awful:

Buying a set only gives you 5 aura pieces

that you have to trade to other characters to use.

If you want more than one character with the

same auras, you have to keep trading when you

switch characters or buy another set.

Auras get lost in all the characters' different inventories.
Ultimately discourages the money spending players from buying any at all if they have many characters.

What we essentially want aura set to do when purchased:
Buying a set unlocks all the pieces for every one of our characters which can be claimed in the store.
Buying the set again will give all characters duplicates so they can have multiple colored layers.

ALTERNATIVES:
1.) Make aura pieces so they don't bind and can be sold to other players.

2.) Make the auras part of the tailor.

3.) Sell the aura parts piece meal.
We players know that whoever is in charge told the devs to ruin a practically perfect new feature of the game for the sake of making maybe an extra buck on players who would buy sets multiple times.
BUT at the cost of players who won't buy the first copy because of it.

The very same players who are ongoing customers who keep buying zen to put into the game. That's currently a total of $33.25 (all currently available sets), plus $4.75 for every new set, and $6 for every character (dozens of repeat purchases for loyal players) we would have unlocked all the aura slots on. Per player! That Cryptic will now never see because those players see that 475 Zen for items that must be traded constantly are a waste.
Write a comment of why you think this system is absurd and why you won't buy auras until they unlock for all your characters.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Putting the 100 Slot Aura Storage set in the C-store for per character was either a mistake or someone on the Top Room of a Really Tall Building had really big thoughts about whole Aura thing.
    100 Slots for the Storage which allready has 40 slots.
    I know i'm a bit simple and slow, but handsomly, that just doesn't sound reasonable thing to do.
    Or was the Aura Storage meant to be Account wide at 1st?
    So, still waiting for Account wide unlocks for the Aura Slots, atleast.
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is my obligatory post to tell you to stop complaining.
    edited January 2014
    After when you stop smiling.
    moustache.gif
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    This is my obligatory post to tell you to stop complaining.

I'll stop "complaining" about this when it is fixed.

The price of a costume set for cosmetic options should match the utility of a costume set. It should unlock for all characters.

Or should they start selling costume sets so they only unlock per character?

Whoever made this decision is a real prick.
    edited January 2014
    I'll stop "complaining" about this when it is fixed.

The price of a costume set for cosmetic options should match the utility of a costume set. It should unlock for all characters.

Whoever made this decision is a real prick.

Hey I agree with you. But the post was obligatory.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited January 2014

:eek: :eek: :eek:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    :( I didn't realize it was only for one character when I bought the Rune Pack.

Are we able to sell/trade? I just wanted the Rune Aura for hands for two characters.
    edited January 2014
    Can be share with characters thru Hideout bank. It's account wide.
    C-store Auras are Account bound. Same way Vehicles are when you use/bind one.
    Legacy ones are per character.
    Also the Aura Slots are per character. Same With the Aura Storage slots.
    Same thing with the future mission/mob drop Auras i imagine. Per character.
    moustache.gif
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I do agree that the Aura Packs really should either:
    1. Be redeemable per character (similar to costume packs); or
    2. Be a little bit cheaper than costume packs.

It's really my only bone to pick with Auras though. I'm very happy with them otherwise.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This probably wouldn't affect me that much as I don't usually use auras, and it probably wouldn't bother someone that likes to play the same character all the time, but I don't think that would be the majority of characters. Auras probably should be treated like costume parts.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Comparing auras to costume sets is kind of debatable in my opinion. Personally I can understand why it's expected for them to be global unlocks like costume sets since they're something purely aesthetic. On the other hand though they are not costumes but something entirely else.

If I had my way, sure I'd like them to be global unlocks. At the same time I can somewhat understand why they aren't.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I can understand why they're treated the way they are - the designers probably assumed we'd want different Auras on each toon, so wouldn't reuse them the way we do costume parts. (This is erroneous, it would seem, but still...)

That being said, though, I think the implementation should lead to a lower cost of the Auras - say, 300 Zen per set. Then you'd get better odds of someone being infected with Pokemon Syndrome (gotta catch 'em all!).
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ok

1. need a HIDEOUT to swap between characters, so any silver without a hideout is screwed.
    2. 8 builds X 8 aura slots = 64,
    why the heck do we need 140?
    3. I have lots of feet, chest and head peices unused(in fact all of them). I'd like to swap them with someone else.
    4. All they are is a costume part, they have no useful function apart from blinding other players in the right combination.Why don't they unlock as costum es then?
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We're still waiting for Aura sets in the Store to be redeemable per character after the initial purchase.

Oh wait. You want us to put them in the hideout bank every time we switch toons or buy the costume set every time I want a set on a character? Never mind.

We'll stick with buying account wide costume set unlocks.

Write a comment of why you think this system is absurd and why you won't buy auras until they unlock for all your characters.

wait a minute... did i read that right? Are you saying/implying that some of the c store costume sets unlock on the character it's bought on only? not account wide?
    edited January 2014
    You didn't read that right.
    moustache.gif
  • r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited January 2014
    The worst things is we need to pay for the auras...for each char when i want to use the same aura on 2 chars im fcked...

AND additionally for the slots...this is a ripoff
    edited January 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    I can understand why they're treated the way they are - the designers probably assumed we'd want different Auras on each toon

That being said, though, I think the implementation should lead to a lower cost of the Auras - say, 300 Zen per set. Then you'd get better odds of someone being infected with Pokemon Syndrome (gotta catch 'em all!).

I'm implying that the designers were making it one way and the higher ups made them change it into what we have now.

I want to make purchases and buy all these aura sets. But I'm not going to for a system that was designed to make me pay multiple times for a cosmetic item when all cosmetic packs before were one time purchases.

This isn't NWO. Their cosmetic price gouging should butt out of CO.
  • ramthananaxramthananax Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I bought my LTS waaaaaaay back in Beta. CO has been my go-to game ever since- if I'm not actively playing some other game, I will often log into CO and make a new alt... despite the fact that I've done the quest lines so often that I can now do them with my eyes closed.

I make game special effects for a living, so I've been wanting an aura system ever since the game launched. My favorite alts are the ones where I managed to make the inherent power auras match the concept of the character. So when I heard that we were finally getting an aura system, I was pretty excited.

And then I saw how it was implemented.

Honestly, I haven't logged into CO for more than thirty minutes total since the aura system went live. The current implementation just feels like a money grab and an insult to the players who have stuck by the game for so many years.

I bought one aura- the sparkly one. I used exactly one piece of it- the skin portion- on one character. The others are sitting in my bank, and it's unlikely they'll ever be used. As I said, I make a lot of alts- and, as a result, I have to delete a lot of characters that don't work out. I'm too afraid, now, that I'll delete a character who has an aura that I can't replace- and that aura will just be gone. That's unacceptable.

Like I said, the aura system pretty much destroyed my desire to play the game. We've been waiting for auras for years- you know, something that CoX got far sooner, and with a better implementation. I'm done.
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Or was the Aura Storage meant to be Account wide at 1st?
    So, still waiting for Account wide unlocks for the Aura Slots, atleast.

Thats what i thought when i first tested it on the PTS .. that we can store them there and access them from there directly with other characters. Without that and the need to use the shared bank, the whole system makes no sense for me.

But i think that also was their inittial idea .. and then somebody had the idea it would be much better that some auras are not accountbound, and so the just let that in because it was already there.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hold On.... the Aura Storage IS NOT ACCOUNT WIDE? WHAT? What kind of Horrible Design is this? :mad:

As for me I still haven't Spend not a Single Zen on them, Why? Because I don't need them and none of the current Auras in Z-store makes me go WOW! :/ (Ok I like the Krackle Aura for a specific character since it's a replacement for Disco Lights-Music Notes, but it's not on my MUST BUY list)

I do agree that the Per Character use is really Bollrocks though, especially when you can buy a Costume pack for all your characters on that Price
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If aura storage was account wide wouldn't they have an issue of what to do with all the free legacy unlocks you get per character plus the dark auras?
    edited January 2014
    ariesmajor wrote: »
    If aura storage was account wide wouldn't they have an issue of what to do with all the free legacy unlocks you get per character plus the dark auras?

oh right.. can't have people freely able to get additional aura access for free.. even if they pay.

Though really.. i don't see why that matters? for dark aura.. if i farmed droped on one toon.. i could have sent it to my other toon before binding and still have had control which toon it goes to.. and for legacy auras.. i'd used to have had two of these "auras" to cycle through when i changed my build with 2 different passives for it.. now i get one? meh.. i don't care for the removal to turn it into new content to "re-earn" so far as i'm concerned, al legacy ones should have been free for all characters in the first place. you're free to disagree with that though.. but my main concern is if the "freebies" is used as an excuse to make the paid for ones restrictive in use. "You can't have easier useability with you paid for items because it helps you get usefulness from the free ones too, and clearly we don't like you enjoying free stuff"
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited January 2014

No because legacy auras are character bound to prevent that.

I don't really care that aura storage is not accountwide, that's no issue, we have plenty of slots anyway. What's more concerning is that aura slots in the z store is character based, when it clearly should be account based.
    edited January 2014
    The real point of Aura Storage being account wide is/was not the slots amount. We know it has enough slots (i'd like to see the one who has Aura Storage full of Auras end of this/next year or has bought the 100 Storage Slots...). It's that you can share the account bound Auras between your characters easily. Now you just need to hassle between Hideout storage. So why even use Aura Storage?.... To store all the per character Auras that will be mob/mission drops ofcourse! Or use Hideout storage...
    I guess they sold few Hideouts also. And more Hideout Bank Slots.
    moustache.gif
    edited January 2014
    I would imagine that the aura inventory was for account bound auras and not the character bound ones.

You see when you switch a build the legacy auras go into your regular inventory. For some reason they never return to aura storage even if you equip the legacy auras from there.

Could this "bug" be a remnant of the first implementation of making sure legacy auras never go into aura storage? Perhaps.

tldr;

Regardless, we players know that whoever is in charge told the devs to ruin a practically perfect new feature of the game for the sake of making maybe an extra buck on players who would buy sets multiple times.
    BUT at the cost of players who won't buy the first copy because of it.

The very same players who are ongoing customers who keep buying zen to put into the game. That's currently a total of $33.25 (all currently available sets), plus $4.75 for every new set, and $6 for every character (dozens of repeat purchases for loyal players) we would have unlocked all the aura slots on. Per player! That Cryptic will now never see.

Whoever is in charge sabotaged the aura update with the live implementation.
    edited January 2014
    No because legacy auras are character bound to prevent that.

I don't really care that aura storage is not accountwide, that's no issue, we have plenty of slots anyway. What's more concerning is that aura slots in the z store is character based, when it clearly should be account based.

I think you missed their point.. As you said, Legacy Aura's are character bound, right? Then it can't go into hideout storage, right? Imagine that, but for aura storage, can not share character bound auras, if you got on in there... how would you make it so you can't transfer it to another character? blocking it from being able to go in in the first place... which is what they did with hideouts/SG storage slots.
    edited January 2014
    I wonder if it's possible that this way was the only way they could do it, due to tech. It's entirely possible that it was this, or nothing.

Or Cryptic North really is geniuses and they smartly decided that they're not going to cash in on gear (Justice Gear) and instead cash in on vanity like most F2P mmos do :3
  • ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    skcark wrote: »
    I think you missed their point.. As you said, Legacy Aura's are character bound, right? Then it can't go into hideout storage, right? Imagine that, but for aura storage, can not share character bound auras, if you got on in there... how would you make it so you can't transfer it to another character? blocking it from being able to go in in the first place... which is what they did with hideouts/SG storage slots.

You'd be screwed. Think about it. If they kept lacy auras character bound as well as dark aura, what happens when your aura slots are account wide but your aura is character bound. You won't be able to put the character bound aura in the account slot, so what happens to your auras in the stream of code when you try to replace them or double click your dark aura in your item inventory.
  • oddbirdyoddbirdy Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I actually quite like the Auras, but I'm not interested in buying them for just one of my characters. I've done that with one thing - the vehicle - and that's all I'll ever do it for. For something merely visual, an account-wide unlock is a must.
    edited January 2014
    You'd be screwed. Think about it. If they kept lacy auras character bound as well as dark aura, what happens when your aura slots are account wide but your aura is character bound. You won't be able to put the character bound aura in the account slot, so what happens to your auras in the stream of code when you try to replace them or double click your dark aura in your item inventory.

i think the answer depends on the auras you have at the time you try this evil sorcery... if you have black krackle aura, you open a black hole into the abyss where all life shall rot away slowly, painfully...

if you instead bought the colourable version (oh look... they CAN make black.. but keep it completely separate from us afterall.. hooray for market tactics!) then instead you create the fabled rainbow to the magic pot of gold, and when you reach it.. all life explodes in a showerof bliss because no one is around to be alive to be grumpy at dying.
    edited January 2014
    Its all the communities fault...

A real community would not just buy the aura..they would open peititions and make Cryptic change or else they would not spend a dime on it.. that easy...

What this community needs is to unite and make things happen :/
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is interesting, I am getting ready to buy some auras, since more creative and apt ones are coming out, but from this it seems like if I wanted to buy "one" aura for instance:

[Psionic Shield: Wobble] <--Which is on the PTS, to have this on more than one toon, I'd have to buy it over and over again? Or continually switch it?

Yeah, I'm not sure why Aura Storage isn't account wide, it would be waay better in my opinion.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, I am on the side that the storage should be account wide and the auras themselves should be a little cheaper then they are. The 300 said earlier is a good amount in my opinion. Otherwise I feel the auras are fine.

I have no problems with them being account wide and place them into storage to move them between characters. For those who don't have a hideout, you should be able to mail them, granted I have not tried it, so I don't know for sure.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
    edited January 2014
    I think we're all missing the point here...
    You'd be screwed. Think about it. If they kept lacy auras

Areismajor just thought of a new idea of an aura.. and I want it o.O
    edited January 2014
    This is interesting, I am getting ready to buy some auras, since more creative and apt ones are coming out, but from this it seems like if I wanted to buy "one" aura for instance:

[Psionic Shield: Wobble] <--Which is on the PTS, to have this on more than one toon, I'd have to buy it over and over again? Or continually switch it?

Yeah, I'm not sure why Aura Storage isn't account wide, it would be waay better in my opinion.

You can put the AURA into you HIDEOUT and pick it up with abother toon...

AURAS work like Vehicles ... only one char can have it at a time and the aura storage is NOT account wide....
    edited January 2014
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    Its all the communities fault...

A real community would not just buy the aura..they would open peititions and make Cryptic change or else they would not spend a dime on it.. that easy...

Actually, a lot of people in zone thought you only had to buy an aura set once and it was useable like costume sets. A lot of those players regretted their purchases immediately.

Chances are that aura will be a drop in game. Its color coded purple and has a bit more unique icon supporting that theory further.
    edited January 2014
    Actually, a lot of people in zone thought you only had to buy an aura set once and it was useable like costume sets. A lot of those players regretted their purchases immediately..

Well i knew it from the start but i only bought each aura once hoping they will make it an unlock....

All i can suggest is making a petition .. directly to Cryptic/ PWI whatever.. if you need my sign you need to let me know.
  • highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah. Yeah yeah yeah yeah ! This system is flawed since the beginning ! Aura sets work like costumes BUT ! it's only usable on one character at a time, would you imagine that on costume sets ? This is the whole point of aura storage ! If you buy an aura pack, make all of the auras in it pop into every one of your characters' aura storage and be bound to character. I'm unsure about the ones you get from content, but this is a minimum. I will buy ALL OF THE AURAS if this happens.
    /signed one million times.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
    edited January 2014
    Auras are per-character?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

NO

WAY

IN

HELL!!!

No, the auras are: like vehicles... you can onyl use 1 piece of aura on 1 toon at the same time...if youw ant the aura on a different char you need to put it in hideout bank....

learn2read
  • highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lol @ that learn2read. i know that perfectly well, if you read my post again you'll realize that that was just what I estimated to be the minimum for this aura system to function. Don't tell me how this game works kay ?

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
    edited January 2014
    As it currently is I'm not going into a system where you have to buy duplicate aura sets to avoid taking the time to trade and will not invest into it at all until its fixed.

My biggest issue is that it takes a great chunk of time to trade the individual aura pieces through the hideout and that I need the inventory space to do it. I have tons of characters that could use the aura pieces, but as it is, it is very silly.

Make all the pieces add to each individual character's aura storage or convert them into the tailor.
    edited January 2014
    or convert them into the tailor.

I would love that, that way we could give auras to nemesis too <3
    edited January 2014
    No, the auras are:(?) like vehicles... you can onyl use 1 piece of aura on 1 toon at the same time...if youw ant the aura on a different char you need to put it in <your> hideout bank....

learn2read

If you're going to tell people to learn to read, you should at least write properly.
    edited January 2014
    If you're going to tell people to learn to read, you should at least write properly.

Dude gett off my nerves'

(( is there any ignore function for forums? ))
    edited January 2014
    Dude gett off my nerves'

(( is there any ignore function for forums? ))

Yes, you'll find it in this thread: http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=150221

Hey look at that, another thing I'm teaching you about how the forums work. Weird, you were so much more pleasant in game :/
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You know, spinny, I think it's pretty safe to say that the person you are arguing with here (and on other threads on this forum) doesn't really have much credibility amongst the forum users.

We can all fall victim to arguing with that type of person now and again, but the personal vendetta between you two has gotten old really fast and I, for one, am a little tired of seeing it.

I'm directing this to you and not your adversary because I credit you with more intelligence than them.........sometimes it's more heroic to not try to get the last word.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited January 2014
    You know, spinny, I think it's pretty safe to say that the person you are arguing with here (and on other threads on this forum) doesn't really have much credibility amongst the forum users.

We can all fall victim to arguing with that type of person now and again, but the personal vendetta between you two has gotten old really fast and I, for one, am a little tired of seeing it.

I'm directing this to you and not your adversary because I credit you with more intelligence than them.........sometimes it's more heroic to not try to get the last word.

Well then. Since you said it that way, I'll do it.
    edited January 2014
    Weird, you were so much more pleasant in game :/

oh i can return that comment !
    edited January 2014
    As it currently is I'm not going into a system where you have to buy duplicate aura sets to avoid taking the time to trade and will not invest into it at all until its fixed.

My biggest issue is that it takes a great chunk of time to trade the individual aura pieces through the hideout and that I need the inventory space to do it. I have tons of characters that could use the aura pieces, but as it is, it is very silly.

Make all the pieces add to each individual character's aura storage or convert them into the tailor.

Reposting to put thread back on track.