test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Make New Grabs more Interesting?

rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Suggestions Box
Make New Grabs Bosses have Soft Enrage Mechanic, making it more interesting, and compensate with somewhat more G Reward? I suggest making them harder as their HP Drops between 2/3 & 1/3 left, what do you think? Cause currently all lvl 40's vs a Boss is a Joke, even Ao can be crushed with ease.
Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
Post edited by rtma on

Comments

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would certainly like more signature moves done by random alert bosses to deal significantly more damage to characters that aren't blocking to feel threatening. Jack Fool is the most threatening boss simply because his signature moves can outright kill you.
  • Options
    purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd really like more bosses like Jack Fool, Ao, and Baron Cimitere. Even though I only need to put in slightly more effort with them, they are much more entertaining for me to fight in alerts.
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So far Bosses that I find interesting and Challenging to fight in Alerts

Jack Fool: Hands Down, he is the True meaning of the Glass Cannon, and will 1-HIT KO even FreeForm Tanks

Baron Cimitere: His Mirror/Reflect Shield is Deadly and you need to keep an eye on his move

Valerian Scarlet Powerful and her Special Move that Burns your Soul can instant kill you as well if you are not Blocking/Active Defence

Madam Mayhem: She is TRULLY powerful, her PowerArmor attacks Hurts a lot, and due to bad design her Knock Back do not apply Knock Resistance :| (she is bugged, this need to be fixed) Fighting her with a Melee character is a Nightmare

Draconis: Why EVERYTHING that use FORCE in this game must be so darn annoying? Knocks and FUlly charge Force Cascades, thanks god he is not bugged and applies knock resistance

Ao'Qephoth: I hate him, I despite him, he is Bugged and he should be nerfed, right now he is Challenging because of Tech Issues

Kevin Poe: Spams Breakaway Shot like crazy irritating Melee characters, also Shadow Embrace deal MASSIVE amount of damage to you if you are Feared, he can 1 SHOT YOU AS WELL! :eek:

Psimon: Unique! He chance Forms and Battle Style for every HP Bar he is getting! (He goes Range, Melee, and THEN...

TITAN!

Dead Man Walking Breakaway shot spammer and KNOCK abuser (Cryptic FIX this plz, thx bye) His lighting relfexes also makes him annoying to Deal with! (Mr.Gemini is more tolarable)

Freon: Deal quite powerful Ice damage, his Snowstorm effects your Vision, Ice blast and breath do spike damage, and his Ice Cages OOOOOH his Ice Cages, being held by them and unable to breakfree while taking damage over time

Rakshasa: Summons a Mind Worm for every Player AND PET (Psedo Pet, Fully controlled, Sigil, Circle or Device Pet) I have seen enough Hentai to know where this is going!

The Dead Viking Guys whose Name I keep forgeting how to Spell: Heavy weapon, big Crushing damage, knocks

The Madstone: She is really taking advantage of Earth Powers knocks, at least her attacks APLLY Knock resistances

Devana Hawk: No joke, her arrows hurts a lot, and her Gas arrow is SUPER Laggy and annoying for Melee characters!

Mind Slayer: She is a Glass Cannon, Her Ego Blade Breach DOES a hell of a damage and will Stun you if you don't block!

Gigatron: Knocks and Infernal Damage

Bosses that are Dumb, Boring, Weak and have horrible fighting mechanics
    • Black Fang
    • Guy Sweetland
    • Rockjaw
    They don;t even take advantage of their Bleed attacks :|
    Maybe they need to put Nailed to the Ground for Melee bosses, if you are Range and can Fly, you can solo them from heaven
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well Grabs aren't technically meant for lvl 40s anymore, since it's an XP alert. However, I do agree with the notion of making them more interesting. Personally, I'd prefer more mechanics that require us to do things like move around, select different targets strategically, and block.

Enrage timers tend to turn things into a dps race where tanks and healers end up being a burden so I'm generally not in favor of that. However, if it's not one of those "Enrage time that causes the boss to one shot you when it runs out" then that's okay. Sometimes like an enrage timer that just buffs the bosses damage alot for a short time... then it counts down again, and the second countdown is shorter... and so on until the boss is enraging every two seconds. Maybe a gimmick to get rid of the enrage (like smashing anti-draysha barrels, of which there are a limited number).

I do like the "gets harder at 2/3 and 1/3" hit points thing though, and there's certainly some bosses whom that would fit very well, like Ripper. It would work really well if in addition to the boss becoming more dangerous, they also take more damage, perhaps through some gimmick that players have to activate (like activating a thing that sprays freezing gas all over the boss).

There's a lot of pretty simple ways they could make both Grab and Smash bosses more interesting. Pretty much the only "interesting" thing any boss right now has is that it either does a lot of damage with some attacks, or that it knocks.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    avianos wrote: »
    *Colorful List of Bosses*

You know while I was making this list I realized that the Majority of the Bosses ARE IN FACT challenging!
    Since I farm Alerts with Various AT & FF characters I get to experience the Difficulty difference for each one of the Bosses!
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    avianos wrote: »
    You know while I was making this list I realized that the Majority of the Bosses ARE IN FACT challenging!
    Since I farm Alerts with Various AT & FF characters I get to experience the Difficulty difference for each one of the Bosses!

Sure, but it would be nice if there was a bit more variety to that challenge other than "does lots of damage with some attacks" and "knocks", since those types of challenges are easily overcome with builds, and I prefer more active challenges rather than the build challenges that most folks around here consider "fake difficulty".