test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pets - Suggestions to make them more appealing

theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Suggestions Box
It's well known that for a while now, Pets have been slightly lacklustre due to their faulty AI, limited variation etc.

I have found myself recently wondering why there aren't a wider variety of certain types of pet and models.

In particular Gadgeteering Powerset pets, for a set which has a lot of odd quirks and pets, the variation of Muni Bots and robotic pets in general is quite low, in comparison to the robotic foes we can face.

In game we can interact with taller, more powerful robotic models as well as fight them. (Such as Cyberlord's minions, Robotic Nemesis minions and Bureau 17 robots.

I'd like to suggest:

- A fixing of Pet AI

- Expansion of the pet variety and pet powers

- An introduction of new pet powers or the expansion of existing pet models.

Post edited by theravenforce on

Comments

• raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    For the pet model expansion... Can we get an option to customize their appearance and colors in a Tailor of sorts?

Allow us access to a number of player costume options as well as many pet-only options... give us a selection of base frames to work with... For example: Attack Toys... a few immediately obvious frames are Teddy Bear & Toy Soldier.... a few new options may be Doll or Toy Dinosaur... in addition to these frames on any Humanoid pet an option to set them to a Male or Female model. (Radiant Summoning, Ebon Summoning, Attack Toys, Muni-Bots, Air Elemental, Summon Nightmares, Summon Shadows...)

As for the uncontrollable pets mentioned (Summon Nightmares, Summon Shadows) I'd love an option to have them clone the character's appearance... Cryptic can't say its impossible either, we already have Master of the Mind which does exactly this with it's visuals.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    More pet options are needed and it being a tech issue is no excuse. When Become Black Talon was made available Support Drones got another skin added.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    When Become Black Talon was made available Support Drones got another color option added.

Cryptic actually made new customing options available....
    *dies in a heartattack*
    Mmmhhhh..Why Muni Bots didn't get the VIPER skin added....
    Hhhhmmmm...
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    More pet options are needed and it being a tech issue is no excuse. When Become Black Talon was made available Support Drones got another skin added.

*stares at checksum bits from Become Process Device*

I think we need greater customisation, hell they could make a variety of pet summons from NPCs alone.

Qularr pet summon

Roin'esh pet summon

Greater Robotic type pet summons as well. (We could even use Nemesis robot minions attack pattern as well)

All they'd need are around four attacks per pet type or so and the ability for us to use the tailor to customize our pets look even more :D