test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Lore] The Mighty Canadians

canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Champions Pen and Paper RPG
I spoke with Darren Watts a bit recently about Silver Age Canada, and I thought I'd share my thoughts on its preeminent superteam, the Mighty Canadians, Canada's FF of the 60s and early 70s, the Silver Age-iest team that the true north ever did see.

Celestar is as he was in COTN. Overwhelming power, insecure personality. An Iron Age basket case just bubbling beneath the surface of a Silver Age character (though not quite as bad as the Sentry.)

Tmberline, big lumberjack type,is a flannel-clad brick with an axe that cuts through nearly everything. Sorta like Terrax with a much more cheerful disposition and heroic bent. He has goodly amounts of telekinesis, to go with it, much like Byrne's Superman or modern Superboy's tactile telekinesis. He's a loud goofball who loves playing up his motif, to the point where he flies around on a levitating log, which he rolls in flight.

Kivioq is a traveler. He's not a mystic, but his power is... super wisdom, He *sees* things. He understands things on an instinctive level and anticipates things as if he were a precog, just by grokking them. He's not learned, but he doesn't have to be. He just *understands*. He's super patient and has the perfect plan at the drop of a hat, delivered calmly and stoically.

Bonne Vivian controls life force. She's a super healer, plant controller, animal telepath; if it lives she can commune with it. She's also a very joyful and passionate presence, a stereotypical effusive, carefree, "glad to be alive" girl of the 50s and 60s, Doris Day in tights. Que sara, sara indeed. She also can handle herself well in a fight, using a savate-like martial art that was heavy on kicking.
/CanadaBanner4.jpg
Post edited by canadascott on