test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If you could re-make CO, what would you do?

Comments

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Emm, NW is hardly an action game and hardly has action-type dodge.

Nobody can seriously call an action game when attacks are rooting you in place and all dodge moves are just reskinned blocks (only some have teleport effect, and are speed boosts).

STO double-tap movement key would be more close to actual action based dodge (but only provided if it were done in a less laggy and clunky way).

NW is no more action game than CO, it merely has a more action-y UI.

It's interesting how easily people are fooled into finding something "new" in a game that is a basically combo of CO/STO, only hidden behind a newer user interface.

Your assumption seems to be way off in left field. Block only stops some damage, the dodge in Neverwinter prevents all damage, has a stamina meter to boot. In addition to that, the "dodge" mechanic of CO is still there, they just call it by a proper name, in this case, deflection.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    Is an middle-aged manchild that thinks putting blood and boobs in a book about a man dressed as a spider counts as "Adult" and wouldn't know good writing if it came up and took the backing boards out of the Mylar bags. Thankfully they're dying off and maybe one day the medium can grow again in the pile of dung they leave behind.

I've noticed that this opinion is usually held by by hype/popularity aversionists. These people commonly have an absolute wealth of opinions on what 'sucks' and absolutely nothing that they can say is 'good'. Usually, it's for the sake of 'hating things to be cool', or rather to display a sense of pretentious superiority by liking something that they can't reference- they can only say 'that sucks'.

I highly doubt this elitist group of individuals who believe this can say they like anything at all, otherwise it would insinuate that the rest of us 'manchildren' are completely oblivious to some obscure series of masterpieces that are just not available to the unwashed and un-illuminated masses.

But, since an average comic book fan like myself wouldn't know 'good writing' when I saw it, by all means, let me know when Ernest Hemingway Online becomes available.

I'm also not flaming you, I am assuming you're being satirical so I'm going along with it. Because you'd have to be, to make a statement that absurd.
    I prefer the "weaker writing" of the Silver Age and Bronze Age because it embodies what I personally think heroes should be like. Things that would NEVER happen RL like being bitten by a radioactive spider or having a beam of energy zap a statue you touched right after you were shot and bleeding to death (MINUTEMAN!), causing fantastic powers that allow the person to fight against the criminal monsters that menace the meek. The heroes of then had an almost mythological presence, like gods that'd come from Olympus to protect those who needed it. None of this BS of "Well that person is a racist, so let's not save him. Oh that person did so and so.. he's scum just like the rest. Let em rot."

I also prefer them to not be spouting obscenities left and right unless they actually have something wrong with them, like Deadpool. These are people we're supposed to look up to, dammit. This is why I personally don't read comics anymore. Sadly the games, films, and TV Series based on them are more entertaining than the actual comics themselves because they still know how to keep that heroic appeal and serious nature while making it fun and lighthearted enough. And if that makes me a bad person, so be it.

And by the way. I loved Batman and Robin.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but there are actually more eras in comics than the Silver Age and the Iron Age. You also realize that the Silver Age had its share of really bad crap that isn't excusable, just like the Iron Age actually still had some really good stuff that revolutionized comics in a fantastic way. Also, I don't know if people are aware, but Rob Leifeld wasn't the only guy creating comics in the 90's, and he's not responsible for all of the bad ones, either. I'm just saying. Don't be a n00b and assume that comics are either 'Silver Age' and 'Murderbloodpouchgunkill Iron Age'. That's just like assuming that beer consists of 'dark' and 'light' beers.

Now, back on topic-

I agree with what was said about it being able to 'mostly accommodate fans of all eras'. When you think about DCUO being 'modern'... maybe the character designs bother me, but I thought that game was butt-ugly. I wouldn't mind at all a more 'animated' look. After all, not ALL cartoons need to be slapstick and silly-looking. I absolutely love most of the DC Animated movies. I think this approach would be the best, and it seems like CO was going for that.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited November 2013
    Your assumption seems to be way off in left field. Block only stops some damage, the dodge in Neverwinter prevents all damage, has a stamina meter to boot. In addition to that, the "dodge" mechanic of CO is still there, they just call it by a proper name, in this case, deflection.

I've played NW till max level. Small differences between blocks and different UI doesn't make it an action game. At least no more than both other Cryptic titles.

It's far behind Tera or DCUO in this matter.

Actually, it is a reskinned hybrid of CO and STO. Nothing else.

It's hard to call an action game a title where I can't just move from the incoming attack in any other way than executing abilities, because my own attacks are sticking me into place.
    I have more "action" gameplay in CO with right keybinds.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've played NW till max level. Small differences between blocks and different UI doens't make it an action game. At least no more than both other Cryptic titles.

It's far behind Tera or DCUO in this matter.

Actually, it is a reskinned hybrid of CO and STO. Nothing else.

It's hard to call an action game a title where I can't just move from the incoming attack in any other way than executing abilities, because my own attacks are sticking me into place.
    I have more "action" gameplay in CO with right keybinds.

"Actionish," or, "actiony," perhaps then ? That is my take on CO. About halfway between a true action game and traditional MMO.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've noticed that this opinion is usually held by by hype/popularity aversionists. These people commonly have an absolute wealth of opinions on what 'sucks' and absolutely nothing that they can say is 'good'. Usually, it's for the sake of 'hating things to be cool', or rather to display a sense of pretentious superiority by liking something that they can't reference- they can only say 'that sucks'.

I highly doubt this elitist group of individuals who believe this can say they like anything at all, otherwise it would insinuate that the rest of us 'manchildren' are completely oblivious to some obscure series of masterpieces that are just not available to the unwashed and un-illuminated masses.

But, since an average comic book fan like myself wouldn't know 'good writing' when I saw it, by all means, let me know when Ernest Hemingway Online becomes available.

I'm also not flaming you, I am assuming you're being satirical so I'm going along with it. Because you'd have to be, to make a statement that absurd.

And once more I must say, satire is not a stamp you put on a statement to make it go from being "Prickish" to "ok". And this might come off as elitist but anyone who takes a man/woman running around in tights stopping crimes, no matter what age or who writes it, seriously and hates on certain characters/writers because they're not as serious.. you need help.

And for "hating things to be cool".. I laugh. I. LAUGH. at the thought. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Anyone who hates something to be "cool" needs to have a reality check. And shave that neckbeard. And for God sakes, man, buy a trilby. So much classier than fedoras and are much less of a contraceptive.

But I'm curious now. Would you really like me to start giving my opinion on what sucks and what's awesome? Trust me, you'll be here a while.
    I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but there are actually more eras in comics than the Silver Age and the Iron Age. You also realize that the Silver Age had its share of really bad crap that isn't excusable, just like the Iron Age actually still had some really good stuff that revolutionized comics in a fantastic way. Also, I don't know if people are aware, but Rob Leifeld wasn't the only guy creating comics in the 90's, and he's not responsible for all of the bad ones, either. I'm just saying. Don't be a n00b and assume that comics are either 'Silver Age' and 'Murderbloodpouchgunkill Iron Age'. That's just like assuming that beer consists of 'dark' and 'light' beers.

Now, back on topic-

I agree with what was said about it being able to 'mostly accommodate fans of all eras'. When you think about DCUO being 'modern'... maybe the character designs bother me, but I thought that game was butt-ugly. I wouldn't mind at all a more 'animated' look. After all, not ALL cartoons need to be slapstick and silly-looking. I absolutely love most of the DC Animated movies. I think this approach would be the best, and it seems like CO was going for that.
    __HighHorse.jpg

In that post, I mentioned the Bronze Age. Ya know? The age after Silver when comics started to talk more about social issues like drug use or if it's right to stop certain "villains", or more importantly who is REALLY a Villain? And I mentioned the Golden Age earlier. So yes.. I do know about other ages. I don't know about "artists" and "writers" (Paul Dini and Todd MacFarlane are the only names that come to mind), and god forbid that someone who says the love the Superhero Genre says that (I'm obviously stupid.). Really, who cares about age and who's the person behind the comic? All that matters is if you enjoy it or not and I personally do NOT enjoy comics now because the direction just doesn't appeal to me.

Go ahead and twist this to make me a terrible person.
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
    edited November 2013
    Emm, NW is hardly an action game and hardly has action-type dodge.

Nobody can seriously call an action game when attacks are rooting you in place and all dodge moves are just reskinned blocks (only some have teleport effect, and are speed boosts).

STO double-tap movement key would be more close to actual action based dodge (but only provided if it were done in a less laggy and clunky way).

NW is no more action game than CO, it merely has a more action-y UI.

It's interesting how easily people are fooled into finding something "new" in a game that is a basically combo of CO/STO, only hidden behind a newer user interface.

I've played neverwinter to end game to, not to mention locking people into place isn't a lack of action, as there are many "action" games that do that, including your vaunted Tera and DCUO. So that's hardly a benchmark for what defines action.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited November 2013
    __HighHorse.jpg

And once more I must say, satire is not a stamp you put on a statement to make it go from being "Prickish" to "ok". And this might come off as elitist but anyone who takes a man/woman running around in tights stopping crimes, no matter what age or who writes it, seriously and hates on certain characters/writers because they're not as serious.. you need help.

It may also be called 'having a preference'. I wouldn't call it 'taking things seriously'. Doesn't sound like I'm the one who needs help.

And for "hating things to be cool".. I laugh. I. LAUGH. at the thought. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Anyone who hates something to be "cool" needs to have a reality check. And shave that neckbeard. And for God sakes, man, buy a trilby. So much classier than fedoras and are much less of a contraceptive.

I am glad you and I agree on this. (Also, I own a Resistol, a Stetson, a bowler, and a trilby. Trilbies are much better.)
    But I'm curious now. Would you really like me to start giving my opinion on what sucks and what's awesome? Trust me, you'll be here a while.

Oh, no. I don't really care.
    edited November 2013
    ashensnow wrote: »
    "Actionish," or, "actiony," perhaps then ? That is my take on CO. About halfway between a true action game and traditional MMO.

That's actually my opinion about Cryptic titles as well.
    edited November 2013
    I've played neverwinter to end game to, not to mention locking people into place isn't a lack of action, as there are many "action" games that do that, including your vaunted Tera and DCUO. So that's hardly a benchmark for what defines action.

By this definition Blizzard's flagship and even Lineage ][ are both action games. After all, using power is an action. There is no difference between traditional mmo and action one. At best the difference are keybinds.
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This is more of a "what would I like if there was a CO II." I'm reluctant to play arm-chair game developer, but as a fan here goes:

Team-Based
    Change the game-play so the player is the leader of a super hero team. Have the main story be thematically about becoming a leader and a hero. At the end of the game open it up so the player can level up new characters like alts in CO (or basically pokemon) for thier team. If you look in a meat-space game store the games with the biggest resale value are ones like pokemon, megaten, digimon because of the meta-game of leveling up different teams and types. It makes sense genre-wise because characters are always swapping in and out of teams. This wouldn't be like how STO and NWO handle the companions and NPCs, though. The team members would be extra fully-customized player-characters that could each be used solo, like the alts we have for CO. It would be an alt-itis paradise of a game. However, it would probably require some really robust AI to handle characters that aren't being directly controlled.

Minion System
    Something like how STO and NWO treat their companions and officers.

Foundy
    Most important would be the foundry. Let players make their own alerts.

More Action-Based
    I'm fine with the way the game is, but I have to admit most people would probably like the active defensive maneuvers of NWO over the shift to block. My pinky is never that fast.

Procedural Generated Instances or Zones
    It would be nice to be dropped into a lush Skyrimm-ish forest, a mystic never-ending Astral Plane, or a vast Desert to explore and look for loot. I think STO has some planets like this, and I'd love is CO had that. Also, it would be interesting to use in a foundry to produce less lame content. Players could set up a small room with their NPC, have that link to a generated dungeon, then a room with more NPC, then a small generated dungeon, then a room with a boss battle, etc.

Backwards Compatibility
    The ability to transfer over/copy our current CO Characters to use in the new game after the team leader has max level.
    edited November 2013
    By this definition Blizzard's flagship and even Lineage ][ are both action games. After all, using power is an action. There is no difference between traditional mmo and action one. At best the difference are keybinds.

Except you are reliant on an RNG where as in Neverwinter your own ability to target and move out of the way of attacks determines if you hit or miss, not the whims of fate. You are attempting to argue semantics but are completely missing the factors that actually differentiate turn based combat (like WoW) from more action based combat. Basically put, no matter how you move in WoW, if the RNG says you are hit you are hit and that fireball will curve to hit you.

However, in Neverwinter, and even to some degree in Champions with clever use of terrain, you can actually avoid being hit at all.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    turn based combat (like WoW) from more action based combat. Basically put, no matter how you move in WoW, if the RNG says you are hit you are hit and that fireball will curve to hit you.

WoW is not turn-based. In turn-based games, only one player (or team) is allowed to move at a time. WoW is real-time, since all players get to act whenever they want.
    However, in Neverwinter, and even to some degree in Champions with clever use of terrain, you can actually avoid being hit at all.

Except for those rascally hoodlums that can throw a broken bottle at you for over 200 yards while you make your escape. :biggrin:
    biffsig.jpg
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    edited November 2013
    WoW is not turn-based. In turn-based games, only one player (or team) is allowed to move at a time. WoW is real-time, since all players get to act whenever they want.
    A global cool down system is a turn based system. You use an action you wait a period of X to perform another. While it's only a personal turn based system it is still very much a turn based system. MMOs have been trying to get faster in their combat engines since the early days. In fact in most scenarios even in WoW you both take turns trading blows, Ie a turn based system.

Except for those rascally hoodlums that can throw a broken bottle at you for over 200 yards while you make your escape. :biggrin:

Well, what you get for interrupting their game of craps.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited November 2013
    A global cool down system is a turn based system. You use an action you wait a period of X to perform another. While it's only a personal turn based system it is still very much a turn based system.

You're reaching here. WoW is not turn-based. Turn based means each player takes a turn.. hence why it's called turn based. Just admit you were wrong on this and move on, no sense trying to rationalize it anymore.

You're right about Neverwinter being an action mmo though. Pretty much anything where your actions have more of an effect than a dice roll qualifies. Hell, even Tera still has some RNG to it, but that doesn't mean it's anywhere near the dice-fest that WoW is.

Sadly, CO is still closer to WoW than an action mmo.... it's all that high speed moving around that fools you, but you're still just working with ranges and line of sight, just like WoW.
  • blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A global cool down system is a turn based system. You use an action you wait a period of X to perform another. While it's only a personal turn based system it is still very much a turn based system. MMOs have been trying to get faster in their combat engines since the early days. In fact in most scenarios even in WoW you both take turns trading blows, Ie a turn based system.

First, what is a personal turn based system? You can't take turns with yourself.

Second, A turn based system is like chess, where you must wait for the other player to finish, to make your move. Unless you're proposing a new type of chess where both players move whenever they want, just one piece at a time.

Yay for personal turn based chess!

More on topic.

I'd Make a point based system closer to what you'd see in PnP. Ranged power Maintain, Ranged power Charge, Ranged power...you get the point. You'd pick the operation of the power, which would then set a pre-balanced damage for the power.

You'd then get default advantage points to spend to change the damage type, rank, and secondary effects, making the base power.

As you level, you get advantage points, like now, that would be able to expand the power beyond default.

Finally, you'd pick the graphics, allowing for Ice, Psi, Fire, AR, pistol, again you get the point.

I'd also balance forms of mitigation, against each other, very very differently.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    All of the mentioned games have action aspects to them. Combat is involved in all of those games. It doesn't matter if you have to actually dodge via manual control or if it's a calculation. It doesn't matter if you have to manually aim at things or use a lock-on targeting system. It all involves fighting things. That all can be considered action gameplay as a general term.

Seriously, unnecessary semantics argument.

EDIT: Also, regarding storylines / writing:

I really don't care. The game's defining features as to why I stuck around playing for a good part of the past four years have never involved an expectation of solid storylines met. It has always been other things like customization, the high-paced action gameplay as compared to CoX's cooldown-centric one, amongst other things. I prefer to look at the product as a whole and identify the positives and feed off from them, rather than just focus on a few negatives and then dismiss the product outright a something bad or lackluster.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Gonna have to disagree here. The definition of turn-based games is that only one player acts at a given moment. All action stops while this player takes their turn. Since all players can play regardless of who is doing what (taking their "turns") it is not turn-based.
    biffsig.jpg
  • tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Well, what you get for interrupting their game of craps.

I don't normally disagree with Silverspar, but by this definition ME3 multiplayer is turn based which is ridiculous. Turn based means one player does his thing, then the next player. so on and so forth, etc.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There are enjoyable turn-based games out there, if you need an illustration of the difference. One of my favorites is still Skies of Arcadia, which I played in both its Dreamcast and Gamecube incarnations. In combat, you set up a matrix of which actions each crew member will take in what segment of the upcoming turn; each segment, only one can act. Meanwhile, the computer sets up a similar matrix for the NPCs you're fighting. Then the combat is resolved, one segment at a time.

CO, and every other MMO I've played so far, is far more interactive than that; I can watch a villain charging an attack, and try to figure out at what point I absolutely must stop attacking and block (or simply try to withstand the attack, if I think I can take him down quickly enough). It's near enough to real-time as makes no difference, and not "turn-based" at all.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited November 2013
    Except you are reliant on an RNG where as in Neverwinter your own ability to target and move out of the way of attacks determines if you hit or miss, not the whims of fate. You are attempting to argue semantics but are completely missing the factors that actually differentiate turn based combat (like WoW) from more action based combat. Basically put, no matter how you move in WoW, if the RNG says you are hit you are hit and that fireball will curve to hit you.

NW is no less reliant on RNG than CO or STO.

The same way you can move out of attack in NW, you can emulate in CO for PBaOEs. Just use superspeed when opponent starts charging his PBAoE and you're golden. It will not connect to you. This is actually how bosses AoEs are working in NW - all their moves are PBAOEs, even if cone shaped.

The biggest difference is that creatures in NW don't use anything else than PBAoE specials. And our opponents don't have any ground markers for attacks.

Mechanic used for their regular melee moves can be observed in CO with HW toons. When opponent moves away from your Cleave you are hitting air and blow will not connect. Yet you are still attacking.
    The same mechanic applies to all STO melee moves.

Last instance where NW is actiony is when someone is shooting at you and can miss. But this one is actually RNG based with taking your speed into consideration. This mechanic can be also observed in STO for ships. The faster you are moving, the harder you are to hit. Since both NW and STO don't use avoidance, not being hit negates attact entirely. But it's RNG based on your defence+factor determined by your movement.

Difference between NW and two older Cryptic games is that NE eschews all old-school target based attacks and goes entirely with variety of point blank moves, but underlying mechanic is not very new. It has also UI made to support this.

It's a smart engineering. It shows that Cryptic engine is indeed very elastic and can be used for variety of gameplays with little modification.
    But I have yet to see new mechanic in NW, something that is not already made in CO or STO (except for mount physics).

Game even tells it straight with all RNG related stats in character sheet.

It certainly has more action elements than CO and STO, but if someone would design encounter for CO using only mobs limited to this mechanic (only point blank moves), it would play in a very similar way.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tdits wrote: »
    I don't normally disagree with Silverspar, but by this definition ME3 multiplayer is turn based which is ridiculous. Turn based means one player does his thing, then the next player. so on and so forth, etc.

Mass Effect is turn based. Its a very fast game and the actions ALMOST seem like an action game but many a time people have slown down ME and it is indeed turn based.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited November 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Mass Effect is turn based. Its a very fast game and the actions ALMOST seem like an action game but many a time people have slown down ME and it is indeed turn based.

Why you gotta throw lie gas on the fire? u_u
  • embracemyswordembracemysword Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    1. I would re - enable the ragdoll physics. (no clue why the physics got disabled, at all)

2. I would focus alot on PvP content. (that way the game doesn't become boring for the PvP crowd)

3. I would give the Roleplaying people, the long awaited CO foundry. (instead of forcing them, to use default locations.)

Cheers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    1. I would enable the ragdoll physics. (no clue why the physics got disabled, at all)

2. I would focus mainly on PvP content instead of PvE. (that way the game doesn't die)

3. I would remove club caprice, to prevent erp from happening. (it's a kid's game, after all)

Cheers.

1. Because ragdoll physics have their own problems when it comes to system performance.
    2. Adding just for PvP content =/= Game Always Being Alive! Epic Duel proved why that sucks.
    3. "Removing Caprice will remove ERP!" Keep telling yourself that. Tell me, if we nuked China and North Korea and Cuba, would there be no communism anymore?
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
    edited November 2013
    1. I would enable the ragdoll physics. (no clue why the physics got disabled, at all)

I never knew it was disabled.
    2. I would focus mainly on PvP content instead of PvE. (that way the game doesn't die)

I'm going to be as fair as possible.

Most PVEers? Hate PVPers.

Most RPers? Hate PVPers.

Most casual players? Hate PVPers.

Most PVPers? Hate PVPers.

And I'm still going to be fair- look at the way you've talked on these forums. THAT is why people hate PVPers, and you are by no means in the minority.

That's why I don't touch League of Legends. I'd rather have fire ants poured into my eyes and ears.

PVP focus on this game would only accommodate what I believe to be the absolute worst part of its community. Some people would say that's harsh, but I think it's well-earned.
    3. I would remove club caprice, to prevent erp from happening. (it's a kid's game, after all)

You're never going to prevent ERP from happening. Ever. You're better off trying to stop typing for happening.

It's not my job as a gamer to determine what someone's children are exposed to. That is the role of the parents. This is not a 'children's game'. It is for 13-year-olds and up, and responsible parents should read how the 'rating may change when online' due to other players. Again, , it's not my kid to care about. If children are exposed to something, it's a failure of the parents. No one else.

They'll just go to other social instances and do it, anyway.

Start removing social instaces, you start losing RPers. Start losing RPers? You're losing a nice chunk of this game's playerbase.

I mean, granted... this is how YOU would remake it... but CO's RPers have helped carry this game just as much, if not more than most other types of players. So, if those few things you mentioned are ALL you'd do when you remake the game? It wouldn't survive unless you had some other ideas.
    edited November 2013
    You guys realize who it is you're talking to right? Any attempt at a logical discussion is wasted on him. Also, he has openly shown discrimination against RP'ers in general in the past so don't bother too much.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Why you gotta throw lie gas on the fire? u_u

I'm a hero its what I do! ... that and fail a lot :P

Me I would add evil like I said before ,maybe make it look all grimy and communist cause they ALWAYS EVIL in Cryptic games :P In all honesty I wouldnt make out communists are all evil like a certain dev team seem to do :D

But seriously I would have had better duel options like no dueling domes U_U"
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    one more thing i would do is put more care into the melee animations, outside of might, because they currently are too fast to have any real feeling of weight, and they look choppily animated. both energy builders for martial arts look horrible, and the claws and weapons share too many animations that really do not work for their respective weapon types. really one of co's biggest weaknesses, outside of content delivery pace, is its animations.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If I can remake CO, I'll fix breasts scale more HUGE and or more flat. :3
    edited November 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    You guys realize who it is you're talking to right? Any attempt at a logical discussion is wasted on him. Also, he has openly shown discrimination against RP'ers in general in the past so don't bother too much.

Haha, just because i aint no sheep, i'm automatically a bad person? Get a grip.

I feel no hate for anyone, i just can't stand ignorant people who think they're the brightest cookie in the box, even if they're not.

Co is a great game to me, don't worry about that but don't you guys and girls think, that if the game had a healthy PvP system, 5 man queues instead of 10... for example. It would benefit every aspect of the game. The PvP crowd likes maxing out character stats, catalysts cost alot.

But in it's current state, i wouldn't recommend CO to any of my friends. Imagine what it feels like to log in for the first time, as a newbie. You get to see 3 instances with people standing afk in rencen, talking about imaginary things, because the game has nothing to offer anymore once you played through the content and hit 40, except > RP & PvP, which obviously didn't even get an on alert pass, neither a reloaded pass. You also have got to realize, that roleplayers are a tiny minority in the mmo genre, CO is an exception because the game is as empty, as a ghost town.

The few new players who try out CO, are gone after they cannot get a PvP queue to pop.

About your personal insult, listen carefully now. I have a different way of thinking than most of the people on this forum (planet earth, in general). I'm not following the herd and it scares the sheep, alot. And it is, what you are experiencing, when talking to me i assume.

Take care and have a nice day, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • megaspaceplayerxmegaspaceplayerx Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    (I have no idea why the quote system is refusing to work properly for me, but I'm replying to a post here)

I'm going to be as fair as possible.

Most PVEers? Hate PVPers.

Most RPers? Hate PVPers.

Most casual players? Hate PVPers.

Most PVPers? Hate PVPers.

*___*
    I'm going to be as frank as possible. Your idea of fair here is lacking. Not only are you putting people into pidgin hole categories, but you're making extremely broad and unsubstantiated generalizations on the behalf of many other people, which means they are most likely very wrong. You've got some sort of weird MMO form of racism going on here.
    I'd say that I fit into most of your categories and you know who I hate? Haters.
    *___*

And I'm still going to be fair- look at the way you've talked on these forums. THAT is why people hate PVPers, and you are by no means in the minority.

That's why I don't touch League of Legends. I'd rather have fire ants poured into my eyes and ears.

PVP focus on this game would only accommodate what I believe to be the absolute worst part of its community. Some people would say that's harsh, but I think it's well-earned.

*___*
    Still not fair, but maybe you have history with this one guy? LoL's community did earn a rep for being poisonous, and while it may have been earned that it is by no means fair to judge the whole on a part. The game is still generally very popular, and the same can be said for DOTA, fighting games, shooters, and many other games that are competitive focused. Competition brings out the best and the worst of people, but for whatever reason it's the bad stuff that tends to get noticed. CO's pvp has been laid to waist since the on-alert patch due to the neglect('Major' bugs pass, but I'd bet the turrets in Stronghold are still glitching into immortality and ppl are still being randomly dropped from Q's). If the people who still PVP are "the absolute worst part of its community", they also have to be the ones who enjoy/appreciate the game the most to be hardcore enough to look past its faults. Minimizing them and ignoring PVP even harder is not likely to cause improvement or bring more players in.
    *___*

You're never going to prevent ERP from happening. Ever. You're better off trying to stop typing for happening.

It's not my job as a gamer to determine what someone's children are exposed to. That is the role of the parents. This is not a 'children's game'. It is for 13-year-olds and up, and responsible parents should read how the 'rating may change when online' due to other players. Again, , it's not my kid to care about. If children are exposed to something, it's a failure of the parents. No one else.

They'll just go to other social instances and do it, anyway.

*<---you really should have stopped here, you lost me after this

Start removing social instaces, you start losing RPers. Start losing RPers? You're losing a nice chunk of this game's playerbase.

I mean, granted... this is how YOU would remake it... but CO's RPers have helped carry this game just as much, if not more than most other types of players. So, if those few things you mentioned are ALL you'd do when you remake the game? It wouldn't survive unless you had some other ideas.[/QUOTE]
    ___

I agree with most of the first part. This is an online game, and you can't control the actions of random people without severely limiting all users. But since when are the "RPer's" an nice chunk the CO playerbase? I've been around since the start and hardly seen any RP at all, and most of what I've seen of it was ERP... bad ERP... The kind that if I where to generalize into the rest of the RP community would make me suggest the devs flat out ignore any RP/social functions because what its being used for is lame, amateur, and anti-arousing(?). "Looking at the way you've talked on these forums", I'd say that an RP clich? is who you hangout with, so you probably have more experience with it than other players. But, you're delusional if you think RP has carried CO, maybe for you and your view of it all. The only thing near to being as neglected in CO as PvP is RP, Id really think you'd sympathize more with the problem. RP has as least received a few emotes, map instances, and costumes here and there. The last notable PvP update was King of the Hill, and it was basically released and then left in the cold. And guess what? An amount of players left, a nice chunk I'd say in fact. I would rather see everyone get some of what they wanted, than a few in a limited group get it all. If any limited group of people got to remake the game, it would die out in the eyes of anyone not in that group.

Just from the name "embracemysword" I can guess that the guy is the type that doesn't mind not being generally likable, even without having seen those comments he made. But really his ignorance is not an excuse for even more ignorance. All you succeeded at doing is being a hater yourself. You shouldn't lump away a pile of other people just because of him. The game is an MMO and that first M is massive. To remain massive, any remake would have to be as all inclusive as possible, and that should include areas of focus for different tastes.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________
    @X-Hero Game Overed.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, you living among the sheeps is scary as hell to begin with.
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited November 2013
    Roleplay in CO was never given more support than PvP. Neither it was less supported.
    Those two areas are exactly equally uninteresting for Cryptic, and probably for the same reason.

Yes, game has social instances and costume packs. Social instances are present in almost every mmo. They are strictly "social", not "RP" instances. A virtual chatrooms/gathering places for players. Not only RPers. Or ERPers.

Thinking that RP will cease to exist because you got rid of social areas? Such way of thinking is an epitome of naivety. Any non-combat zone will do as social area.

The only reason why RP fares better than PvP is because RP can be done with little to no technical support, while PvP cannot. Not because game is more suited towards RP or RP is more supported by developers.

Again, congratulations for naivety, but one needs to find a better scapegoat.

RP has nothing to do with current state of PvP. It's a conspiration theory, and it's as flawed and ineducated as are all conspiration theories.

And a reason why Cryptic doesn't care, in general, about PvP in co is the same reason why they don't care about KDF in STO. Or why they DO care about PvP in Neverwinter.

How much Cryptic cares or not, depends from their statistics about playerbase and revenue. Apparently PvP in CO is not (or it was not) profitable enough to guarantee more care, otherwise it would be supported.

Cryptic were never making any secret about using this kind of logic when assigning priorities, neither here, nor in STO.
    Crypric/PWE has all the numbers needed, hence why priority is set on vehicles and lockboxes.

If this game was really directed at roleplayers, it would have an actual Champions universe in it.
  • megaspaceplayerxmegaspaceplayerx Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Eh, ya that's kind of the major problem that would need fixing in New CO. The game was lacking in support when it was developed, so the players didn't show up in enough number to support it getting more support for development. Made for a nice circular spiral down. No clue how to fix that, I don't really understand how the Marvel support fell though. But then if it hadn't we wouldn't have the Champions IP where our own creations can bit fit in easier than they would in a Marvel universe. Unfortunately, Hero/Champions just doesn't have the fame and resources Marvel would have had, so the game couldn't be on the larger scale it would have been. Like I said in my earlier post, the downward slide of support is and has been CO's biggest problem. That most of all would need fixing in new CO, but I also have no idea how to fix that. Maybe CanadaScott has a secret treasure trove?

I'd also like to point out that my post before this one (and especially the last paragraph of it)was started way before Sword's post before it was up. I was having technical difficulties, and it takes me a while to write.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________
    @X-Hero Game Overed.
    edited November 2013
    Haha, just because i aint no sheep, i'm automatically a bad person? Get a grip.

I feel no hate for anyone, i just can't stand ignorant people who think they're the brightest cookie in the box, even if they're not.

Oh I wouldn't call it hate. That's a little strong. Prejudice on the other hand, enough so to want to deny a heavily-used social instance to a portion of the playerbase that you generalize as morally-vile if you had your way, seems more accurate. Not that it's really an improvement.
    Co is a great game to me, don't worry about that but don't you guys and girls think, that if the game had a healthy PvP system, 5 man queues instead of 10... for example. It would benefit every aspect of the game. The PvP crowd likes maxing out character stats, catalysts cost alot.

All signs point to the majority of players enjoying PVE more than they do PVP, or enjoy it entirely with no consideration for PVP, otherwise I doubt the game would have gone on for four years while there have been very scarce improvement to PVP up till now.
    But in it's current state, i wouldn't recommend CO to any of my friends. Imagine what it feels like to log in for the first time, as a newbie. You get to see 3 instances with people standing afk in rencen, talking about imaginary things, because the game has nothing to offer anymore once you played through the content and hit 40, except > RP & PvP, which obviously didn't even get an on alert pass, neither a reloaded pass. You also have got to realize, that roleplayers are a tiny minority in the mmo genre, CO is an exception because the game is as empty, as a ghost town.

I don't know, I'd imagine if I were a newbie getting a first impression playing a computer game of any sort, I'd first consider the gameplay since playing the game is sort of the main point of a computer game.
    The few new players who try out CO, are gone after they cannot get a PvP queue to pop.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope
    About your personal insult, listen carefully now. I have a different way of thinking than most of the people on this forum (planet earth, in general). I'm not following the herd and it scares the sheep, alot. And it is, what you are experiencing, when talking to me i assume.

Take care and have a nice day, though.

Trust me when I say that your posts don't "scare" me in the slightest. They just invoke a rather different reaction.
    edited November 2013
    Alright, i just edited my "what if" - suggestions a little bit. It wasn't my intention, to offend anyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That most of all would need fixing in new CO, but I also have no idea how to fix that. Maybe CanadaScott has a secret treasure trove?

I'd also like to point out that my post before this one (and especially the last paragraph of it)was started way before Sword's post before it was up. I was having technical difficulties, and it takes me a while to write.

I wish I did. I don't PVP myself, except for the occasional duel, but even as a dirty RPer, I do want to see the PVP community supported, because the more sub-communities we support, the healthier the game will be. A healthy game benefits everyone, and we have plenty of PVPers who RP as well.

My suggestions would be to: (a) reincentivize PVP rewards, including adding some new unique PVP gear and trophies like the old Luchadore set, (b) add a PVP daily, (c) allow daily conversion of at least a little Acclaim to zen, (d) add the ability to mark one's self as a target in any zone where dueling is allowed, (e) allow us to toggle duels in hideouts amd (f) add free for alls as a variety of team duels. These seem like no brainers to me (which, given my lack of caffeine this morning, is more literal than usual).

Beyond that: I'd add a daily PVP challenge between SGs for points that are displayed on a leaderboard, with a championship to be held between the top two active teams at anniversary time; a persistent open world PVP mini-zone would be nice, and if we get a Foundry, it should include the ability to make PVP maps, including King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, and Zombie Apocalypse variants.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
    edited November 2013
    By the way, it's not like i'm a stranger to roleplaying. I used to combine RP & PvP in a different game. I used to be the evil lone wolf who hunted other lvl 100 (max lvl) toons in order to finally get defeated and being laid to rest, myself. I never ever said a single word ooc. I also never touched anybody lower level than my own. Ok, my character used to call other PvPers "worms" (especially the trashtalkers) but that's about the heaviest insult i used.

I still dislike erotic Rp.

I'm aware of the fact, that i insulted some of you guys/gals, badly and have been acting like a real jerk. I am not going to apologize for it, since it most likely wouldn't matter anyway. I guess it's got someting to do with karma and i reap what i have sown. Even though my name isn't Earl.

Have a good rest - evening, peeps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    By the way, it's not like i'm a stranger to roleplaying. I used to combine RP & PvP in a different game. I used to be the evil lone wolf who hunted other lvl 100 (max lvl) toons in order to finally get defeated and being laid to rest, myself. I never ever said a single word ooc. I also never touched anybody lower level than my own. Ok, my character used to call other PvPers "worms" (especially the trashtalkers) but that's about the heaviest insult i used.

I still dislike erotic Rp.

I'm aware of the fact, that i insulted some of you guys/gals, badly and have been acting like a real jerk. I am not going to apologize for it, since it most likely wouldn't matter anyway. I guess it's got someting to do with karma and i reap what i have sown. Even though my name isn't Earl.

..trying to think of MMOs (not console games) with 100 being the level cap. Failing. So.. I want to call BS on this statement, but I can't because my knowledge isn't AS great as I'd like to. Either A: It was an obscure one or B: You're lying. And judging from the rest of the statement, B sounds very likely.
    edited November 2013
    There are few Asian mmo titles having 100 and more character levels available.
    Perfect World flagship game, for example. Or Silk Road Online.

Not exactly Blizzard fame products, but few of them are probably more popular than CO is now.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I can't think of any way to improve PvP because what turns me off of it isn't a lack of rewards, but the attitudes of the majority of PvP players. Basically, if your Skinner box gets tickled by just playing a game and not necessarily by using the "right" build and ganking lower-level or less-experienced players, you are considered to be worthless scum and discarded or ignored. It's exactly the same attitude that drove me, my wife, and several of our acquaintances away from WoW, which is very much oriented toward both PvP and forced PvE teaming.

You can't fix that without some way to fix the players themselves, and that would be, let us say, ethically questionable. Therefore, I don't give a turkey's tailfeathers about PvP. RP can at least be avoided most of the time - I don't have to whitelist RP challenges in order to fly down the street in CO.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A Lot.
    • Fully customizable powers - Instead of powersets, powers would be based around very generic skeletons (Beam-firing, Projectile Flinging, Melee Weapons, Punches, Kicks, Guns, etc.) This way, you could first tailor your fighting style around any role you want: Melee, Ranged, Support, Control, ETC. After that, you choose template powers from these base sets, and can customize them: Change what damage type they hit with, how fast they animate, what animations they use, how powerful they are, and how efficient they are. So, using a gun-based skeleton, you could make an attack that fires beams in a cone or cylinder. Or fire. Want a fire-based character? You don't have to make it rain fire; you could choose a skeleton that enables you to shoot beams of fire, or punch people with flaming fists. Or a flaming sword. In really short terms, think of it like a cross between DCUO's Weapon/Fighting system (at its base), and Freedom Force's character/power customization. It would be more like the latter, because even after choosing a skeleton of which to base the power off of, it could likely still be possible to change basis of style (i.e. If you wanted to be an armed metal robot, you could switch between forcefield punches, and shooting bullets/fire out of an arm cannon.)
    • Paragons, Vigilantes, and Villains - I'm personally a huge fan of factions in games. It's just a shame that all characters in Champions are basically straight-edge, goody-two-shoes heroes, though it's more so of a shame that it limits the sorts of things your characters can get involved in. That's where this faction system comes in - and it's not necessarily something that's set in place at character creation, either:
      Paragon - Heroes that are registered with the government/local law enforcement, and are tasked with keeping peace. They are the kind of heroes that would be ready to help in any way, ranging from protecting banks, bringing down villains in their lairs, fighting fires, and saving hostages.
      Vigilante - Vigilantes, in some ways, strike more true to what a superhero is all about. Though their methods are somtimes questionable, their means justify their ends, and they usually are much more direct at striking out against villains and corrupt officials. However, they are not government sanctioned, and in general, face the most opposition of all character types.
      Villain - You're evil. You use your powers and don't care what you use them for. With no formal relations with any law enforcement, nor any allegiance to others, Villains fight for no one but themselves - though they might be henchmen to more major villains in some cases.
    • Progression - Tying in with what I plotted out above, leveling progression and general game flow in this would be a lot more like GTA. If you skip a tutorial, for example, you just start out in the open world, and will earn notoriety for your actions - whether they're good or evil. In this state, the game starts out basically as sets of miniquests: Come by a man who's getting mugged? You can accept a miniquest to save him. Want to make a name for yourself as a villain? Find stores or banks with lots of money and attack them to initiate robberies.
      After enough action, you can get contacted by various factions that might note your deeds. When called, the contact will appear in your menu (or header, or whatever) as a tab - with Blue, Green, or Red background, to show what faction they belong to. From there, your allegiance is mostly rooted, and if you keep working with your contact, you'll eventually get passed on to bigger jobs of the same type.
      Of course, if you feel like it, you can have a change of heart. Find a despicable villain you really want to take down, yet your honor prevents it? Go Vigilante; find out where they're hiding and bring them down before you get the warrant.
    • Destructible Environment - I think I've said this before, but I really think it's sort of ****-backwards that a Fantasy MMO is getting destructible environments before a Superhero MMO is. Of course, giant pits in the ground and holes in office buildings might seem a bit odd when you receive certain, pre-set missions, so...
    • Dynamic Missions and Maps - Drawing a bit from APB or GTA:San Andreas, maps basically work on a faction/territory system. Various powers inside cities will grab for influence. Depending on what territory the area belongs to, and how strongly it is affiliated with them, it might be well-kept or falling to pieces. A strongly paragon-affiliated part of the city will be clean, and filled with high-level guards, while territory of a villain group might be smoggy or worn, and have very powerful henchmen keeping watch. For respective faction characters, areas strong in their faction are basically towns, while those that are neutral and unaffected yet are low-level areas. Battlefields and deep enemy territory are high-level areas.
      Vigilantes fit into this as sort of an odd set. They have similar interests to Paragons, but are treated as hostile (or neutral at best) by other factions. Being vigilante in this setting does have its benefits, though - Vigilantes have easier times getting hideouts, for example, and completing missions as a vigilante tends to open key weaknesses in territories to make it much easier for factions to take the area. Also, perhaps in some city settings, it might be that Paragon-type characters are simply outlawed (say, a conservative city that doesn't take kindly to costumed heroes), and the conflict there is basically Vigilantes and Villains.
      This could provide something of a panacea to PvP - Combined with the standardized and balanced approach to using power-style skeletons to make powers and characters, there could be an option between serves that enable and disable PvP. On those without pvp, territory control would simply be based on how well characters can fight NPC enemies in a given area. On the PvP server, it would be similar, but also includes the strategy of attempting to stop your enemy players by attacking them on their missions.
      Of course, with all this in place, what will stop any given zone or city from simply being dominated by one faction in the end? Well, I'll tell you:
    • Cosmic Alerts - When a zone is out of balance, there might be a chance that a cosmic crisis occurs - some sort of gargantuan monster attacks the city, or it comes under fire from some sort of evil doctor with a giant space beam, or something. Point is, now the territory grab dispute is out the window. Heroes, Vigilantes, and Villains all need to work together to stop this threat. The cosmic threat can throw down powerful, territory-clearing attacks at some points, decimating city blocks and basically evening out the playing ground if nobody takes action. If the supers succeed, things continue as normal (or as normal as they can continue, given any damage to the city), and if they fail, the city is in ruins, and slowly builds up again from the ground - with all zones factionally neutral at that point.

TLDR: Basically, if CO was redone, it'd have a really customizable power system (and probably more balanced if everything is based around simple templates), faction choices, and dynamic faction territory shiftings.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

edited November 2013
    (I have no idea why the quote system is refusing to work properly for me, but I'm replying to a post here)

It does this sometimes. I've had to hand-jam in the /quote things.
    I'm going to be as frank as possible. Your idea of fair here is lacking. Not only are you putting people into pidgin hole categories, but you're making extremely broad and unsubstantiated generalizations on the behalf of many other people, which means they are most likely very wrong. You've got some sort of weird MMO form of racism going on here.

I'd love to say they're wrong. But honestly, I'll admit. My logic may be wrong that they all feel that way. I'm just basing this on personal experience. And to be honest, personal experience is enough for me. I'm not going to keep trying to eat Indian food if it gives me explosive diarrhea, no matter how many times you say that 'it's not all like that'. I'll just pass on the Indian food and leave it to my personal experience. Perception is reality, no matter how 'ignorant' it seems- especially when it is going to dictate what I do with my time.

I agree with most of the first part. This is an online game, and you can't control the actions of random people without severely limiting all users. But since when are the "RPer's" an nice chunk the CO playerbase? I've been around since the start and hardly seen any RP at all, and most of what I've seen of it was ERP... bad ERP...

I have to cut you off here, because this is the same rationale I have towards PVPers, based on the same experience.
    The kind that if I where to generalize into the rest of the RP community would make me suggest the devs flat out ignore any RP/social functions because what its being used for is lame, amateur, and anti-arousing(?).

You'd be surprised how many creative, intelligent, fun- and absolutely hilarious people are RPers. Maybe you're right, and I had more experience with that and therefore have a higher regard. My experience with PVPers was akin to Call of Duty on XBox live during summer daytime hours.
    Alright, i just edited my "what if" - suggestions a little bit. It wasn't my intention, to offend anyone.

These statements right here would warrant a cold beer IRL, and a gesture of apology on my own part for being so rude with you. I don't think you should apologize- stick to your guns. It's perfectly okay to say 'I don't like ____'. Some people really are pansies about it, and can't accept someone not liking their thing. All that matters is, that if you DO dislike something- you have a valid reason for it.

Well, it's okay to say 'It's just not my thing'.

But, for example- I don't like furries. I don't think it should be illegal, or that costume parts that create furries should be removed. I don't think furries have less of a right than I do to do what they do. I just don't like them and choose to not interact with them because of a personal preference.

Recomendation: You're good at PVP, or so you say. If I were pretty good at something, I'd make a suggestion thread on it. If you can kick butts with a Blade AT, tell people how you did it. A lot of people avoid PVP because, well, they get flattened easily and it takes a completely different strategy than PVE.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ..trying to think of MMOs (not console games) with 100 being the level cap. Failing. So.. I want to call BS on this statement, but I can't because my knowledge isn't AS great as I'd like to. Either A: It was an obscure one or B: You're lying. And judging from the rest of the statement, B sounds very likely.

Sorry, but i have to defend the guy. There are at least 100 mmo games with a level cap of 100 and above. You aren't very well informed, sir. No offence intended.

Just to name a few examples:

Everquest,

Last Chaos,

Rappelz,

Dead frontier,

Silk road,

12sky,

12sky 2,

Perfect World,

Not sure about Jade dynasty.

On topic:

I would get rid of the streamlined character customization. When i first got into CO, it was somehow "more complex" than it seems to be nowadays.

Other than that, i really do enjoy playing this game. [even more than Neverwinter]
    edited November 2013
    Other things I'd change/add:

Canonize people. Seriously, make influential characters part of the Champions, or other organizations. (Is Brigade canon? If not, it should be this way. Same with Thundrax).

Have more player-driven things, like contests for the 'new look' of mobs or default AT's. I tried to push this a while back, and it never gained ground. The community WANTS to help- so let them feel like they've made some difference.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Other things I'd change/add:

Canonize people. Seriously, make influential characters part of the Champions, or other organizations. (Is Brigade canon? If not, it should be this way. Same with Thundrax).

I like this.

One of my favorite game additions was Duratok.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
    edited November 2013
    Another feature I would put in if I had my way:

Custom power animations involving weapon emanation points. Additional selections at the tailor for you to choose what kind of weapon model you want being displayed and involved the actual power animation. Want to shoot fire bolts from your sword? Go right ahead. Want to shoot infernal bolts from your pistol? Go crazy. Want to do a "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" by hitting your staff end on the ground for Havoc Stomp? Why not?

I think that could enhance the gameplay rather significantly.
    edited November 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    Another feature I would put in if I had my way:

Custom power animations involving weapon emanation points. Additional selections at the tailor for you to choose what kind of weapon model you want being displayed and involved the actual power animation. Want to shoot fire bolts from your sword? Go right ahead. Want to shoot infernal bolts from your pistol? Go crazy. Want to do a "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" by hitting your staff end on the ground for Havoc Stomp? Why not?

I think that could enhance the gameplay rather significantly.

I always wanted a machine gun bracer.
    edited November 2013
    Sorry, but i have to defend the guy. There are at least 100 mmo games with a level cap of 100 and above. You aren't very well informed, sir. No offence intended.

Just to name a few examples:

Everquest,

Last Chaos,

Rappelz,

Dead frontier,

Silk road,

12sky,

12sky 2,

Perfect World,

Not sure about Jade dynasty.

On topic:

I would get rid of the streamlined character customization. When i first got into CO, it was somehow "more complex" than it seems to be nowadays.

Other than that, i really do enjoy playing this game. [even more than Neverwinter]

One of those have played.. albiet when I played Everquest, the cap was 60. The rest are only fleeting knowledge that was enough to say "Yeah I don't wanna play another reskinned Asian Grinder." Level cap wasn't in that.

Back on topic.. I honestly have no clue how I'd remake it.. though I would try to add in things like the Team Forces from CoH.