test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic North, Thanks for Listening!

battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
So i noticed i can now change characters without logging out, there's a sort button on bags, there's a way to get Armadillo and Cyber Ninja costume pieces all on top of the LTS veteran awards unlocking at once.. all things people have asked for in these forums for a long time.

Which means you've been listening. You may not share everyone's priorities of which to do first or how fast, you may not have been able to do some things we wanted at all, but you've been doing things people have asked for. I notice and I'm grateful. It builds hope for me that other things i hope will be done may be done. It shows our feedback matters.

Thankyou Cryptic North. Thankyou.
the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
Post edited by battybattybats on

Comments

• Options
    malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, thanks CN. You're doing swell! I've never been this happy to see this much progress!

Now give us new zones or I'll send my lizardmen to attack you.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And its only going to get better. Highly anticipating this Aura update however its going to be implemented.
  • Options
    blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've got to say that while I disagree with some of the changes that have been made, there's been a lot of good thrown CO's way lately.

It's definitely a good thing to see.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And, despite widespread skepticism when the idea was mentioned, so far there have been five costume sets released in the C-Store, not locked away piecemeal in boxes. And the most recent lockbox costume? Was a one-piece - no need to collect and open dozens of boxes, hoping against hope that the next one would contain the piece you needed to complete that outfit...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm hoping for a christmas/winter bear costume
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    there's a way to get Armadillo and Cyber Ninja costume pieces

Wait, what?

I knew about the Armadillo pieces, and the new Robot Samurai pieces (based off the new Robot Samurai become), but I didn't see anything about Cyber Ninja. Did I miss something, or were you talking about the Robot Samurai?
    edited November 2013
    Wait, what?

I knew about the Armadillo pieces, and the new Robot Samurai pieces (based off the new Robot Samurai become), but I didn't see anything about Cyber Ninja. Did I miss something, or were you talking about the Robot Samurai?

I think he meant Robot Samurai, but aren't the Cyber Ninja pieces available in the Questionite Store?
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tumblr_m2p6z8jG7z1qfmf4ko1_400.gif
  • Options
    thatguymatikzthatguymatikz Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Cyber Ninja is just made with the Cyberpunk costume pieces so yeah, that's already been in the Q-Store.
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Overall, this patch is a good thing, although there are pro's and con's. It's just a royal pain in the **** to have to fix all of my characters and their gear, again, and again... *sigh*

I do like some of the things you mentioned Battybattybats as positives.

One of the things that really irks me is that there STILL haven't be some simple things done such as:
    • A daily 2000 Q ore mission for PvP queues. Just like the one for Alerts. 100% optional, but encourages some teamplay PvP (which if you ask fans of PvP, is much more balanced and fun than dueling with its typical Flavor of the Month shenanigans) Whether you like PvP or not yourself, this is the just and fair thing to do for others in our community. Do the right thing, and prove you are REALLY listening.
    • Some of the crafting instances returned as social instances for fans of RP.
    • Fix up the Auction House GUI. It's extremely user un-friendly, quite possibly the worst and most cumbersome in the entire MMO industry! Not really a good thing there, and we've been begging for it for YEARS, if you're listening at all that is...
    • The damned 250g resource cap... sell a incremental increase for Zen, like in Star Trek Online. Win for Cryptic's sales. Win for Silver members being able to buy expensive stuff on the AH. Win for Gold/LTS members trying to sell things on the AH. Everyone wins. Just do it!

Longer term goals?
    • New Comic Series
    • Foundry for making our OWN nemesis missions
    • Revamping the rewards for major lairs (such as Therakiel's temple / Apocalypse Aversion)
    • Supergroup hideouts. Take a look at the Fleet Bases in Star Trek Online. It'll make you want to cry/scream wondering why we don't have anything even CLOSE to that.

Remember, the superhero genre in movies and TV series is in full swing and making major record breaking profits for Hollywood studios. Why Cryptic/PWE wouldn't want a piece of that buy investing in Champions Online is ****ing insanity if you ask me.

Overall:

Activity is better than neglect, and it's appreciated more than people might say. That said, I see some sizable room for improvement going forward. Good luck and thanks!

PS: Where is the Justice Gear? I was kind of needing that stuff to implement the changes I had planned for on the PTS on my healer Ynnea.
  • Options
    xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    yep, thanks guys...I have only been playing for the last 9 or 10 months...but in that time you have managed to keep me quite entertained!
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Also, would love to chime in for Cryptic North here. You guys are rockin. Lordgar and Radio, thumbsup. And also to your other shyguys. :P
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Looks like the neglect is coming to an end. Let's get these auras out.

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Cyber Ninja is just made with the Cyberpunk costume pieces so yeah, that's already been in the Q-Store.

Dammit! I've been annoyed that I couldn't get some of the Cyber Ninja parts for ages. I had no idea they were the set in the Q-Store; my Questionite has all gone to gear and Zen.

Well, with the increased refine cap (thanks, Cryptic North!), I can save up for those quicker.

We still don't have access to the sword though.
    edited November 2013
    Hugsies!!!!
    moustache.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for alerts so I can team up effortlessly, the permanent party bomb, team teleports, recognition system, rampage with sexy bra reward, new emotes, and Tron content I asked for.

No thanks for vehicles, sorry I asked.
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oh sorry, yeah i meant Samurai not Ninja!
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am liking the power rebalances and c store costumes, seems like it might lead to more stuff.
    I want co to be a game worth playing, so i'm pulling for north to save this game from its-self and its prior neglect.
  • Options
    cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Also, would love to chime in for Cryptic North here. You guys are rockin. Lordgar and Radio, thumbsup. And also to your other shyguys. :P

Shy Guys?

ShyGuy.jpg
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am definitely glad I have stuck around, there were times when I was ready to leave (*scowls at the "SOON (tm) period for New Telepathy* but I am glad to see things are definitely looking up.

Mass Kudos to Cryptic North, GMC, TT, LG, RS and all yall other developers. We love you. Fact.
  • Options
    bellatorrexbellatorrex Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    DO what Ole' Kuro does if you feel stressed about the game: Take a break... take a few months break, believe me it helps. Yeah I know that is like a Crucifixion to say with our playerbase size, but lets face it, some of you need it. I am glad I took one because when I got back and saw what CN was doing, it was amazing. Heck, it's their work that is making me get some sub cards and go gold. (Still haven't gotten those cards yet, and I was suppose to get them today... I'll just wait till tomorrow and see whats up.)
    edited November 2013
    Thank you for listening about the recent C-store additions. They rock. :)
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    jjprizejjprize Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can anyone please give a summary of exactly what CN has done or is currently doing?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    jjprize wrote: »
    Can anyone please give a summary of exactly what CN has done or is currently doing?
    a few things. a common complaint was that during he run up to neverwinter there was very little development on co outside of a small number of items that were put in lockboxes that you could purchase several of and still not get something you wanted. more recently we got several costumes in the c store, rather than gated in lock-boxes, something we have not had for about a year outside of a very small number of items from the temporary events. we got 2 power frameworks fleshed out with telepathy and energy sword.

and,for those like myself that like to read into stuff, we got several qol features that indicate a stronger commitment to quality and a power rebalanced of some stats that were seen by some as outliers. some have seen these foundational changes to be heartening because you can just pile on new content that is the same as we have, but firming up the mechanics of the game suggests to some that better, more challenging content or at least different content may well be in the offing. nothing concrete, just looking at hints and drawing possible conclusions.

and since you wanted it summarized, pretend this was relayed to you by Masamune Date.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Let's don't forget a lot of bug fixes lately.

Cryptic North has been treating us well.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Let's don't forget a lot of bug fixes lately.

Cryptic North has been treating us well.

i was lumping them in with the qol stuff. some of those fixes were VERY welcome. the tail and wing thing increased my looks significantly since most of the animated wings were very big and tended to overwhelm my characters,and i make a lot of monster/dragon/angel characters, that fix was a dream.. now i can slide them to proportional. but yeah, fixes and qol stuff. which may indicate a foundation for new, better content.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    jjprize wrote: »
    Can anyone please give a summary

Buttercup is marry Humperdinck in a little less than half an hour. So all we have to do is get in, break up the wedding, steal the princess, make our escape... after I kill Count Rugen.
    edited November 2013
    Off the top of my head, CN and Gentleman Crush/Splosions are responsible in the last six months or so for:

Bug fixes
    Alert gating
    Alert changes so one of each alert type is always present
    Fatal Err0r
    4 new costume sets in C-store
    Emote pack in C-store
    QOOL improvements ("Change character" button, I'm looking at you).
    Tail/wing slider
    New lockboxes/vehicles
    New become devices
    New mini powersets
    Power rebalancing/nerfs

They are definitely working on:

A new rampage alert

They are probably working on:

Auras

And will likely throw a few surprises at us in the coming week. Those looking for major additions like new zones, a level cap raise, etc. will not find them. However, this beats what was being produced during NWO's beta period by a substantial margin, and the increased communication is welcome. I'm ready, however, for them to return to content production, once a last few major bugs are squashed.

Now the big question is whether they'll do something with enough of a big enough impact to entice a surge in game population. Cryptic is not saying, but computer game companies generally like to wait on major announcements for when they're ready to make a big splash, not just when the population of people on official message boards getsansy.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    4 new costume sets in C-store

Five. Four Halloween sets, plus the Robot Samurai yesterday.
    edited November 2013
    Where is this change character button exactly?
    ...Since 2009.
    ArtManZupSig7_zps27j4ilyb.jpg
  • Options
    bellatorrexbellatorrex Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just hit the esc key like you would to open up the menu, though I heard some players can't see it but you can bind it. I think the bind command is gotocharacterselect.
    edited November 2013
    Just hit the esc key like you would to open up the menu, though I heard some players can't see it but you can bind it. I think the bind command is gotocharacterselect.

Bam! It was in the escape menu. I had bound something else to the escape button and forgot what I bound the escape menu to. Now that I can access that menu, all is good.

Many thanks. : )

Edit: Oh, and thank you Cryptic/North.
    ...Since 2009.
    ArtManZupSig7_zps27j4ilyb.jpg
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'll be honest, I've seen enough things moving and improving that the game at least feels "alive" again. So after a hiatus, I'm back on CO again. :)
  • Options
    blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm still a little burned from telepathy. It certainly hasn't been enough to earn back my subscription (although, trust me, I've been itching. The heart just hurts a bit). However, I'm glad things are looking up. Hopefully this trend will stay positive and we get to keep them!

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D