test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

List of Items that Need a Rarity Change

crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Items and Crafting
Lets compile a list of items that desperately need a rarity change that better fits how common the items drop so that players are aware of their actual worth and that the Auction House doesn't get flooded with useless items blocking players from seeing the more useful ones.

I'll edit this post as people suggest more items with their proposed rarity change.

Costumes are color coded into their desired rarity change. Items marked with * has undergone a change.

COSTUME UNLOCKS

Pre On Alert Drops

Resistance Nightstick
Heavy Taiha
Heavy Mecha Sword

Roin'esh Helmet
Roin'esh Shoulder Pads
Roin'esh Bracers
Roin'esh Plate
Robotic Optics
Robotic Aural Enhancements
Ironclad's Gladius

From MCPD Recognition Store and Drops

Red Banner Dragon Helmet
Purple Gang Tommy Gun
Maniacs Metal Skull Motocycle Boots
Maniacs Tank Top
Foxbat Fans Hands
Foxbat Fans Head
Foxbat Fans Chest
Foxbat Fans Pin
Black Aces Tights
Cobra Lords Chain Belt

From PRIMUS Recognition Store and Drops

PSI Bracers
PSI Shoulder Pads 1
PSI Shoulder Pads 2
PSI Backpack
Irradiates Pants
Irradiates Jacket 1
Irradiates Jacket 2
Irradiates Jacket 3
Irradiates Zombie Head
Gadroon Bracers 1
Gadroon Bracers 2
Demon Gloves
Demon Hips
Demon Collar
Robot Cowboys Tin Star

From UNTIL Recognition Store and Drops

Lemurian Gloves
Lemurian Tail Spikes
Lemurian Back Spikes
Lemurian Loin Cloth
Biper Full-Helm Fanged
Viper Heavy Armor Backpack
Undead Bull Skill Helmet
Sasquatch Moose
Demonchest
Fire Demons Ear Horns
Fire Demons Head
Fire Demons Necklace
Fire Demons Bracer Spikes
Fire Demons Horns

From Silver Champion Store and Drops

Nephilim Bracers 1
Nephilim Bracers 2
Nephilim Neck Piece
Nephilim Shoulder Pads

From Custom Alerts

Grab Earrings
Grab Mask
Grab Helmet
Samurai Shoulder Pads
Samurai Hip Pads
Samurai Bracers

From Rampages

Gravitar's Leather Pumps
Gravitar's Leather Gloves
Gravitar's Diamond Necklace
Gravitar's Haute Couture
Lemurian Collar
Construction Vest Open
Construction Vest Closed
Tool Belt
Safety Glasses
Safety Goggles
Wrench
Fire Axe
Unity Eyepiece
Military Uniform
Pilot Helmet

From Events

Skull Necklace
Skull Earrings
Stitched Skin Monster Face
Witch's Hat

Takofanes Crown
Takofanes Mantle
Takofanes Bracers
Takofanes Belt
Alien Gladiator Boots
Alien Gladiator Bracers
Alien Gladiator Helmet 02

DEVICES

Pre On Alert Drops

H.O.C.K.E.Y.
Handheld Kinetic Reflection Device
Roin'esh Transference State
Roin'esh Artifact Shard

From Custom Alerts

Modular System - Tactical Missiles
Modular System - Plasma Beam
Modular System - Fire All Weapons

From Events

Stocking
*Become Frank Limited
*Become Ghost Limited
*Become Mummy Limited
*Become Gingerbread Man Limited
*Become Toy Soldier Limited
*Become Snowman Limited
Permanent Party Ball
The Incredible Returning Water Balloon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Seriously. Enough is enough when the whole of AH (all 400 slots) blue rarity is filled with Become Limiteds when I'm searching for Legacy devices.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Modular System - Fire All Weapons - On Alert Device from Warlord. Is another thing to add in.

I agree with this, seeing as they are EVERYWHERE on AH, can get very annoying sifting though less valuable items.
  • noyjitatpwenoyjitatpwe Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Heavy Taitha's and basically all heavy weapon drops need to be removed from the game entirely and just given out for free to characters that use the powers. So many of them have dropped that they will never have any real value and just add clutter to the already ****ty market system.

But really this whole problem could be cleaned up with a new market system with item tree searches like or item type. Really I'd like the item tree like cox had where every item in the game was on an expandable list in the search window and you could just click that search for it.
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Seriously. Enough is enough when the whole of AH (all 400 slots) blue rarity is filled with Become Limiteds when I'm searching for Legacy devices.

Oh I totally and utterly agree.

It's effin' IMPOSSIBLE to just search through the AH for things because of the amount of crap that's cluttering it up.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    <applauds Buxom> Bravo sir. I'll try to contribute something to this project when I find the time and there isn't a holiday this week. :wink:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Many of us dislike the "timer to destruction" found on many event items (336 hours until it goes POOF).

However, I'd like that to be ADDED to those darned Limited Becomes. Gad, I'm so tired of seeing them in the AH, ranging in prices from a mere pittance to double/triple digit Globals (seriously, what ARE you thinking?).

And, totally agree with the OP on the odd rarity assignments that currently exist.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    edited July 2014
    I know its been a long time since this thread was last posted in, but it is still relevant. It also needs updating to include the new Rampage drops and to suggest fixing pieces of costume pieces that were around before but have become disgustingly easier to acquire because of the rampage changes.

If there are any that I miss or any suggestions to be made, please post a reply. Remember, this list is only for items that are already in the game that need to have their rarity changed for the sake of AH convenience as well as legitimate rareness in the game.
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    my only input is that they seem to be phasing out yellow and white, although green gear might as well be white ,dropped blue gear should be yellow, merc gear should be green and SCR should be blue.

also justice gear should be purple with 5 slots and nothing in them for as hard as it is to get them
    edited July 2014
    Well gear rarity isn't a problem since you can easily search it by name.Though effectiveness of gear could be better represented by color, at this point gear is a silly blur in general.

As for phasing out white rarity, Finkle Foundry alert has a guaranteed drop of some kind including a costume piece, so those make sense as white while the two guns were made green (still feels silly that harquebus was made to acquire so easily considering it was a 5k perk in the worst place in the game).

I can see them using all rarity types still. They just haven't had a chance to really use it save for the Rampage rares. At least all of those weren't made purple too. Though their rarity tier (shown above) ought to be lowered by one all across the grid. They certainly aren't purple let alone blue random chance.

If anything the rampage costume drops should be green just like the ones that can drop in Custom alert drops. They don't drop often but enough to give away.

So I'm lowering Rampage costume rarities down to green. All of them.
  • gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    How about a system that progressively dissapears them.

I mean a costume unlock fusion. It would work essentially like mod fusion but the result would be a random costume part. The player could get a good thing with low probability or another common costume unlock but eventually will end the flooding of common costume unlocks.
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It'd also be nice if they fixed up the RNG on Therak Drops.

Seriously, It's like a 0.0001% chance and you can only farm it once a day. (per toon)