test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What would happen to PvP if...

nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
edited November 2013 in The Hero Games
purin1 wrote: »
It would not affect a majority of the PvP population since most of us use STR primary anyway. Not to mention the abundance of AoPM basically already making this effect in the OP come into play.

For the minority that has no knock resistance, it'd be a bit nice and could possibly promote STR-less builds. But someone with 10 Ego and Force Geyser can still reliably knock someone with over 200 Strength.

IMO Ego should give kb resistance like STR.

O_O how come this is the first post considering I did not make this thread? lol forum bug.
Post edited by nightr0d on

Comments

• secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    purin1 wrote: »
    It would not affect a majority of the PvP population since most of us use STR primary anyway. Not to mention the abundance of AoPM basically already making this effect in the OP come into play.

For the minority that has no knock resistance, it'd be a bit nice and could possibly promote STR-less builds. But someone with 10 Ego and Force Geyser can still reliably knock someone with over 200 Strength.

Solid str is standard as knocks are guaranteed durations of being unable to act when they proc. Unlike holds or roots, they cannot be broken out of.

Eliminate the need for knock rez would open up more avenues, however balancing such a change would be the bigger issue. If everyone has the same chance to knock/get knocked, that doesn't deter their use unless chance is reduced to near uselessness.

However, without rewards to entice new players, the pvp community is left to slowly wither away.

Forums are borked... first they were down, now my post order is all over the place
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    All players got a base 100% knock resistance vs other players, regardless of builds/gear. Knock resistance acquired otherwise would not add to that amount, and would instead replace it after surpassing it (i.e. if you have 160 Strength, you would then have 160% knock resistance, not 260%.)

Let's hear some theories :O
  • purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
  • mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This thread! It's so screwed up that I had to make a post.

Okay laters.

• mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yay for bugged threads! :)

Well I would be fine with this, having knockback resistance hurts in PvP. ;D
  • stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Perhaps stuns should become better and as useful as knocks are?