test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Squirrel Girl

rstzedrstzed Posts: 147 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Off Topic
I know we are not suppose to post about other games but Marvel Heroes just made Squirrel Girl a playable character. Now if they would just make a Squirrel Girl movie.

http://youtu.be/Tnz6OaINYk4 Trailer.

P.S. I have never played Marvel Heroes nor plan to.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Off Topic forum would probably be more fitting.

Also, OP character. Gonna get nerfed hard.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Off Topic forum would probably be more fitting.

There is no Off Topic forum here.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ofcourse there is.
    It's just well hidden.
    See:Off Topic!!!!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Uh, yes there is.
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Am actually downloading Marvel Heroes now.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Ofcourse there is.
    It's just well hidden.
    See:Off Topic!!!!

I have been here since open beta and never noticed that. Something that well hidden probably doesn't get many viewers anyway.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It only got created a couple of weeks ago.

and squirrel girl was advertised before it started.

My squirrel girl callichex
    Costume_CloudsatDawn_Callichex_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_407852817_zpse8870b93.jpg
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    *yawn*
    A class-based RPG released an OP class. Hooray.

Soon, you will be able to assemble raid groups with adverts that read, "LF4M, Squirrels only."

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm not a marvel fan but I love Squirrel Girl. Most of the great lakes avengers are pretty cool actually.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • Options
    xienthxienth Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yup it is.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited October 2013
    Wait till it will be hit with a nerf bat. Balancing. :P

Anyway, never liked this cheap joke character and Diablo gameplay is fun only in Diablo. I'll pass.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I played it, spent some money on it, got Spider-Man and some other stuff... I think it only lasted about a weekend for me before I got bored. I found nothing "special" about the game.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is it really just like the Marvel Legends game, except an MMORPG?
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Its not really in competition with CO its more of an issue if this where the D3 forums.

So I can safely comment here :P

That said comment is.

DONT MOCK THE SQUIRREL! SHE CAN BEAT UP GALACTUS!

Seriously, she never loses. Thats her main power , not to lose @_@"
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I hear her best power is called PIS.
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    so there's a super who is officially a bit squirrelly.
    sounds normal

• Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It continues to amaze me how many characters that were obviously meant as pure jokes continue to be put into canon, that has the power to rival those of say... the Hulk and Dr. Doom... with squirrels. Two individuals that could flick squirrels away in comic fashion with either a clap of the hands or one repulsor shield get dominated by squirrels.... in canon now.

Needless to say I say that is called jumping the shark.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It continues to amaze me how many characters that were obviously meant as pure jokes continue to be put into canon, that has the power to rival those of say... the Hulk and Dr. Doom... with squirrels. Two individuals that could flick squirrels away in comic fashion with either a clap of the hands or one repulsor shield get dominated by squirrels.... in canon now.

The incident with Dr Doom was in an Iron Man story from an annual issue that was drawn by none other than co-creator of Spider-Man himself Mr Steve Ditko! It was pretty silly...but totally canon.

Besides sometimes comics could use a few light hearted characters.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Its not really in competition with CO its more of an issue if this where the D3 forums.

So I can safely comment here :P

That said comment is.

DONT MOCK THE SQUIRREL! SHE CAN BEAT UP GALACTUS!

Seriously, she never loses. Thats her main power , not to lose @_@"
    I WANT THAT POWER!!!

No, seriously. I want that power. Make it happen TT.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Actually, Squirrel Girl is the worst foe of anyone who wears armor with any openings in it. Because once one or two of the little SOBs squeeze through the opening, you can't do anything about it until you can get your armor off - and it's usually not designed for quick release (Doom doesn't strike me as the sort of guy who's set up his armor to fall off when a single latch is hit).
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Okay, I'm TOTALLY not interested in this game.

But this makes me want to download it SO...FREAKING...BADLY!

Iron Man: Why are Thanos and Doctor Doom moaning like little girls and wetting themselves?

Reed Richards: Four words for you Tony. All Squirrel Girl Teamups.

Thor: Verily! Truly a fate worse than Niflheim!

Professor X: We're still trying to figure out how she uses her powers so well.

Stan Lee: Bah! Just go with it Chuck!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
  • Options
    joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I don't mind joke characters, but Squirrel Girl is just terrible at it. :/ I find she just ruins most stories she's involved in, because they keep running that joke.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    xydaxyda wrote: »
    The incident with Dr Doom was in an Iron Man story from an annual issue that was drawn by none other than co-creator of Spider-Man himself Mr Steve Ditko! It was pretty silly...but totally canon.

Besides sometimes comics could use a few light hearted characters.

I think there is a difference between lighthearted and just insulting people's intelligence. But that's me.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    How many stories does Squirrel Girl actually appear in for more than just a panel or two?

She is a harmless throwback to more light hearted times as far as I'm concerned and last I checked she was used pretty sparingly.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    I'd do anything for a Squirrel Girl action figure. Honestly, why isn't there one by now?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    beezeeze wrote: »
    How many stories does Squirrel Girl actually appear in for more than just a panel or two?

She is a harmless throwback to more light hearted times as far as I'm concerned and last I checked she was used pretty sparingly.

I don't think she's used all that often, it's just, they have the terrible running gag for when they do.
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Marvel has jumped the shark many times over the years. Being bought up by Disney seems to have made them immune to actually getting bitten or eaten by the sharks.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Marvel has jumped the shark many times over the years. Being bought up by Disney seems to have made them immune to actually getting bitten or eaten by the sharks.

Squirrel Girl would be fine if she was left where she belongs, as a not serious side character that occasionally has accidental wins in what if stories, not proper canon. I think the same way about Deadpool. Deadpool is an ok character, when used conservatively. However, and I know I will piss off a few Deadpool fans, Deadpool is not a character that can sustain a main plot line or even hold a story together just based solely on him -- see the Deadpool game for an example (aka the jokes get tiresome after a while because they lost their charm and add nothing new). Deadpool is like a special seasoning you add to your carefully made dinner, but like Wolverine, Deadpool is one of those characters that keeps getting pushed to the forefront and suppose to be taken seriously, and even worse expected to carry main plot lines, even though he was suppose to be a joke character and not even canon.

The same is happening with Squirrel Girl now, except she has nothing really going for her. She's un-relatable, unlikable, and frankly, makes Jubilee from 90s X Men cartoon look cool.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Squirrel Girl would be fine if she was left where she belongs, as a not serious side character that occasionally has accidental wins in what if stories, not proper canon. I think the same way about Deadpool. Deadpool is an ok character, when used conservatively. However, and I know I will piss off a few Deadpool fans, Deadpool is not a character that can sustain a main plot line or even hold a story together just based solely on him -- see the Deadpool game for an example (aka the jokes get tiresome after a while because they lost their charm and add nothing new). Deadpool is like a special seasoning you add to your carefully made dinner, but like Wolverine, Deadpool is one of those characters that keeps getting pushed to the forefront and suppose to be taken seriously, and even worse expected to carry main plot lines, even though he was suppose to be a joke character and not even canon.

The same is happening with Squirrel Girl now, except she has nothing really going for her. She's un-relatable, unlikable, and frankly, makes Jubilee from 90s X Men cartoon look cool.

With Deadpool's appearance in New Mutants 100 (or was it X-Force 1), I don't recall him not planned to be part of canon. Or do you mean, he wasn't supposed to become popular, just a one shot?

My opinion on Deadpool, is they took his 4th wall breaking, which always came out as feeling a bit like "Deadpool is insane" to higher and higher levels. :/
  • Options
    edited October 2013

But I like the Deadpool game it has Nolan North :3
    I feel I must speak up for my fellow PIS suffers Squirrel and Wade Wilson you all are being massive meanies U_U

hF143A3BE
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I think there is a difference between lighthearted and just insulting people's intelligence. But that's me.

It's the current disease that is infecting Marvel Comics. Fanboys got their dream job at Marvel, so now over the last decade they've poisoned its potential by trying to re-write the comics they think they remember.

People knock the New 52, and so do I (with some exceptions). But Marvel doesn't get a pass. New 52 at least had a reason to de-progress characters. Marvel just crapped the bed over a decade.
  • Options
    rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wait till it will be hit with a nerf bat. Balancing. :P

Anyway, never liked this cheap joke character and Diablo gameplay is fun only in Diablo. I'll pass.

I dunno, after sacred 2 and torchlight 2, I actually felt diablo 3 overly limited. so I'd say diablo can be out diabloed
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    rianfrost wrote: »
    I dunno, after sacred 2 and torchlight 2, I actually felt diablo 3 overly limited. so I'd say diablo can be out diabloed

Diablo 3 doesn't exist. :frown:
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    joybuzzerx wrote: »
    With Deadpool's appearance in New Mutants 100 (or was it X-Force 1), I don't recall him not planned to be part of canon. Or do you mean, he wasn't supposed to become popular, just a one shot?

My opinion on Deadpool, is they took his 4th wall breaking, which always came out as feeling a bit like "Deadpool is insane" to higher and higher levels. :/

New mutants 98, and he was a copy of Deathstroke form the Teen titans.
    which is odd because Deathstroke is sane, his son isn't but the adult is. maybe now, haven't got teen titans for a few decades.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    which is odd because Deathstroke is sane, his son isn't but the adult is. maybe now, haven't got teen titans for a few decades.

Knew it was near the end of the New Mutant series. And I wouldn't say Deadpool was insane at his first appearance. He was just the Merc with a Mouth. They've gone far past how he started (which is to be expected as they fleshed him out of course), and could do with dialing it back a bit.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    chaelk wrote: »

To be fair, Deathstroke was supposed to be a copy of Taskmaster.

And the whole Deadpool/Deathstroke similarity thing was intentional. The guys who created them were actually friends.
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Rob Liefeld and Marv Wolfman were "buds"? I'd have to see some proof of that. Or were you talking about Fabian Nicieza? I suppose that one's possible.

And there's only a few months between Taskmaster's debut and Deathstroke's, so it's hard to believe with the lead time involved that one's a copy of the other. On the other hand, George P?rez designed both, so I'm sure it's possible.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Rob Liefeld has a history of creating thinly veiled ripoffs of older characters. As per Wikipedia:
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Created by artist Rob Liefeld and writer Fabian Nicieza, Deadpool made his first appearance in the pages of New Mutants #98 published in February 1991. Rob Liefeld, a fan of the Teen Titans comics, showed his new character to then writer Fabian Nicieza. Upon seeing the costume and noting his characteristics (killer with super agility), Nicieza contacted Liefeld, saying "this is Deathstroke from Teen Titans." Nicieza gave Deadpool the real name of "Wade Wilson" as an inside-joke to being "related" to "Slade Wilson", Deathstroke.[5]

Anyway, the joke goes that you do the Deathstroke in the Deadpool.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hey, thanks! I hadn't heard that particular story. Poor Fabes, having to work with that yutz. :tongue:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    spinnytop wrote: »
    So I hear we're talking about Deadpool? :D
    Yes, apparently we were. Too bad there was no Deadpool in that picture...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Yes, apparently we were. Too bad there was no Deadpool in that picture...

Yep, just a scene from Wolverine vs. Mortal Kombat. I didn't know Baraka could shoot lasers from his eyes though.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    deathpool.jpg

A picture can say a thousand words :P
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Is...That a dog? o_o
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Did someone say...dog?

tumblr_ma9stmFkMa1ql0h9vo1_500.jpg
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    deathpool.jpg

A picture can say a thousand words :P

Who's the artist?
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Who's the artist?

Ed McGuinness, I think.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    It's beyond me how anyone could find a character that can't die so interesting.:biggrin: