test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Radioactive (Infernal) Tank advice?

cheelanghocheelangho Posts: 95 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Builds and Roles
Hello, i was wondering if you people would be so kind to give me some advice on this build?

The concept i have in mind for this toon is that he's some sort of radioactive Mr. Freeze: he became an energy being by an accident during a experiment, and while he's now able to fire radioactive blasts; his new form is too unstable and contaminates everything around him; not to mention his body is disintegrating, leading to a slow yet unavoidable death, forcing him to wear a special suit designed to contain the radiation emanating from him and stabilize his body so he might survive long enough to find a cure to his condition.

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name: Damned by Radiation

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Ego (Primary)
Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Scourge
Level 6: Wordly
Level 9: Quick Recovery
Level 12: Ascetic
Level 15: Amazing Stamina
Level 18: Daredevil
Level 21: Boundless Reserves

Powers:
Level 1: Infernal Bolts
Level 1: Infernal Blast (Rank 2, Virulent Propagation) The advantage choice here and in epidemic and defile are purely thematic - feel free to relocate them as you see fit

Level 6: Condemn (Redemption Denied, Nailed to the Ground)
Level 8: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3) Thematic choice here too - this is granted by his "containment suit"

Level 11: Supernatural Power
Level 14: Aspect of the Infernal Might swap it for Concentration - this is supossed to be a genuinely heroic character, and Aspect of the infernal animation feels a bit theme breaking, but with all these poisoning advantages this form looks like the way to go

Level 17: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 20: Epidemic (Rank 2, Outbreak)
Level 23: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3) Again, integrated into the suit

Level 26: Conviction
Level 29: Defile (Rank 2, Plague Bearer)
Level 32: Pestilence (Rank 2, Rank 3) Theme and role swap: if he removes his armor his powers grow inmensely, but without a suit to stabilize his form chances are he won't live to tell the tale...

Level 35: Unbreakable Filler - could'nt think of a better fitting power

Level 38: Rebirth (Rank 2, Rank 3) Filler too :P

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Jet Pack (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Athletics

Specializations:
Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
Ego: Insight (3/3)
Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: The Rush of Battle (1/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

Well, that's all, any suggestion on how to improve it? i'd like to keep Invuln and Pestilence on the build if possible
SIGNATURE.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• slowecsl4pweslowecsl4pwe Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have a similar FF Infernal tank with a few different options as I had my own theme I was sticking to but I did have to rebuild her to make her a true tank by adding Crippling Challenge and Challenging Strikes to some of the powers you are choosing.

If you stay with your power choices you can add Challenging Strikes to to Condemn and Crippling Challenge to Infernal Blast. I used to think that just running in PvE in Tank role was enough but I have found that in Alerts with teammates, you need those advantages to pull the boss and mobs to you and away from healers and DPS that can't take the punishment, if you truly want to Tank even if you don't do any PvP.

I like Masterful Dodge better than Unbreakable but that's me. If they follow through with the Dodge/Avoidance review pass, then that may change.

I used Rebirth as well, but I don't end up using too much, but cool to have if you die and it would be thematic.

Here's my build based on the Theme of a small troubled child exacting revenge on any and everyone with her attack toys in tow.

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name: Deanna Darkmoore

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
    Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)
    Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Scourge
    Level 6: Coordinated
    Level 9: Acrobat
    Level 12: Impresario
    Level 15: Prodigy
    Level 18: Amazing Stamina
    Level 21: Lasting Impression

Powers:
    Level 1: Infernal Bolts
    Level 1: Venomous Breath (Rank 2, Infectious Bile, Challenging Strikes)
    Level 6: Supernatural Power
    Level 8: Regeneration (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Aspect of the Infernal
    Level 14: Defile (Rank 2, Plague Bearer)
    Level 17: Attack Toys (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Ebon Void (Voracious Darkness)
    Level 23: Resurgence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Devour Essence (Phlebotomist, Crippling Challenge)
    Level 29: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
    Level 32: March of the Dead (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Vicious Cyclone (Rank 2, Challenging Strikes)
    Level 38: Rebirth

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Rainbow Flight
    Level 35: Athletics

Specializations:
    Constitution: Tough (3/3)
    Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
    Constitution: Deflection (1/3)
    Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
    Constitution: Armored (2/2)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
    Mastery: Constitution Mastery (1/1)

Apathy is on the rise, but nobody seems to care.
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I like Masterful Dodge better than Unbreakable but that's me. If they follow through with the Dodge/Avoidance review pass, then that may change.

The changes on Test only affect Critical Chance, Severity, Dodge and Avoid ratings. Fixed Dodge chances, like Masterful Dodge, are unaffected. Even better, powers that grant Dodge Rating (Lightning Reflexes, Way of the Warrior, etc) are being changed to Dodge Chance. The only power that is going to be weakened as things stand right now is Quarry, and that's a pretty minor nerf. Theoretically, Lightning Reflexes has been nerfed too, but only for characters with over 333 total superstats and NO Dodge Rating from gear, specs or anything else.

TL;DR version: Masterful Dodge is still fine, even after the changes.
    The changes on Test only affect Critical Chance, Severity, Dodge and Avoid ratings. Fixed Dodge chances, like Masterful Dodge, are unaffected. Even better, powers that grant Dodge Rating (Lightning Reflexes, Way of the Warrior, etc) are being changed to Dodge Chance. The only power that is going to be weakened as things stand right now is Quarry, and that's a pretty minor nerf. Theoretically, Lightning Reflexes has been nerfed too, but only for characters with over 333 total superstats and NO Dodge Rating from gear, specs or anything else.

TL;DR version: Masterful Dodge is still fine, even after the changes.

So this means that Quarry will remain as a good passive (on the defensive aspect of it)?, not that i'm using it with this character, just curious :P

Also, thank you slowecs for the feedback, i'll change the advantages as you said - just hope is enough to grab aggro, as DPS ends up as the main factor for that - my soldier does a reasonable damage for his gear, yet ends up as an aggro magnet on most alerts i queue for

EDIT: this post was made before the alerts update, but since the change, team dynamics seem to work as they "should" - i can finally play my toons the way i want them to :biggrin:
    SIGNATURE.