test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devices - Their Cooldowns

theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
Hi guys,

In light of the recent change to devices, -some- devices are affected more than others, I intend to continue adding to this list as I test more devices. I am not sure if some of the devices with obscene cool down times are intended (like Echo Stick) but myself and a few others after using them have been surprised and sadly not in the good way.

If anyone has times regarding devices I haven't posted below which are legacy devices please feel free to post and it will be added to the OP.

[Eruption]
[Omicron Induced Strength]
[Neuroelectric Pulse Generator]
[Ice Grenades]
[Echo Stick]
[Psionic Surge]
[Khusor's Doom]

Are the devices which are affected by shared CD. It seems these devices (unlike the rest) do NOT continue cooling down if they are not in the device tray.

Note: The CD for these Devices are as follows, however MSA will proc when the CD finishes in relation to the tooltip of the device (which is misleading as the tooltip's CD is based on your INT and CD gear whereas the actual CD is not.)

Eruption - Static 4-5 min recharge, regardless of how many you have or INT/CD gear.

Ice Nades - Static 30 second recharge, regardless of how many you have or INT/CD gear.

Omicron Induced Strength - Static 15 second recharge, regardless of how many you have or INT/CD gear.

Neuroelectric Pulse Generator - Static 15 second recharge, regardless of how many you have or INT/CD gear.

Echo Stick - Static 15 MINUTE recharge, regardless of how many you have or INT/CD gear.

Psionic Surge - Static 4-5 min recharge, regardless of how many you have or INT/CD gear.

Khusor's Doom - Static 4-5 min recharge, regardless of how many you have or INT/CD gear.

Thanks.
Post edited by theravenforce on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2013
    The following Devices seem to be fine cool down wise (i.e affected by INT/CD like normal):

[Psionic Accelerator]
    [VIPER Brainscrambler]
    [Prototype PSI Bomb]
    [Alien Crystal]
    [Psionic Echoes]
    [Ragged Proletariat Armband]
    [Demonic Flesh Graft]
    [Teleiosaurus Pheromones]
    [Gunslinger's Legacy]
    [Poisoned Shuriken]
    [Plasmite]
    [Electric Storm]
    [Terak Generator]
    [Telekinetic Force Field Inducer]
    [Reprogrammed Cowboy Robot]
    [Experimental Plasma Rifle]
    [Dr. Destroyer's Head]
    [Draysha Gas Pistol]
    [Contained Radiation]
    [Necrullitic Elixir]
    [Thunderbolt Wand]
  • Options
    ethaedalusethaedalus Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Do you know if perm backup devices shares cooldown?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    ethaedalus wrote: »
    Do you know if perm backup devices shares cooldown?

As of the last event that we had and everyone had a mad scramble to get all The Champions at level 60.

Then realizing the devices were causing issue in PvE/PvP they lowered their damage out put, then made them share cooldowns THEN balanced them out to same level as player.

So in short, yes they do. So no point getting more than one per toon and equipping.
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Omg psionic surge's cooldown. One device I actually need with my Unleashed to deal with flying freeformers. AAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    pallihwtf wrote: »
    Omg psionic surge's cooldown. One device I actually need with my Unleashed to deal with flying freeformers. AAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

Don't forget it also now applies NTTG + Freedom mechanics and no longer applies grounded mechanic :P
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    [Void Possession]
    [Mutagenic Infection]
    [Experimental Artificial Life Injection]
    [Asclepial Serum]
    [Energy Absorbing Crashsuit]
    [Shadow Pact]
    [Terak Static Core]

The above are the devices I am unable to test, because I don't have access to them, (since the device in the kit is random, I'd rather not blow Drifter's Salvage on a chance to get these items).

If anyone has access to these devices feel free to either PM me in game:

Mentella@Ravenforce

or post times (if unaffected by INT/CD gear) up here.

I hope the posted information is somewhat useful to players.

Thank you.
  • Options
    mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for all the work on that, Raven.

I wish their patch notes were that detailed. It might help them figure out if something has been done or done properly.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    mensar wrote: »
    Thanks for all the work on that, Raven.

I wish their patch notes were that detailed. It might help them figure out if something has been done or done properly.

My pleasure.

I hope they DO revisit the cooldowns on some of these devices and perhaps Devices in general.

Things like VIPER Brainscrambler which doesn't even apply Stun or Disorient on full charge should -not- have more than a 15 second CD in my opinion.

Echo Stick's current condition is shameful. It doesn't do anything particularly powerful to warrant a cool down three times as much as a device which grants immunity to damage.

I will be honest and say that it is unlikely at this point that they will be revisited and balanced out in terms of cool downs.

However credit must be given where it is due, they gave players proof that [Unbind Token] idea could work and it is possible, even if it is quite difficult to pull off and what is more is that they could have left us all with the devices bound to char, so in that respect I and no doubt others are grateful for this.
  • Options
    lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the work on this Ravenforce.

The EchoStick change for me was unpleasant. I know Cryptic has stated we were not supposed to build around devices, but for PvE concept toons (like my main), sometimes this does happen. My build contains 2 powers that have zero effect on gameplay if I am not on a team. The Echo fit theme, looked cool, and gave me a bit more functionality (and fun).

Also what Bacon said. Thorough patch notes. If this was intended for the Echostick, fine, I'll deal. If it's a bug....sigh. Then who knows what will happen. But-

This endless talk of limited resources as the standard go to reasoning why you, CRYPTIC, can't deliver on plans made in the past may be an adequate excuse for the things we are not getting, but there is simply no excuse for you not to document your work and post it like other games do. PATCH NOTES. DO NOT TELL ME YOU DON'T HAVE THE "RESOURCES" FOR PATCH NOTES.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,591 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The worst offenders are the 10 minute cooldown devices.

And despite all the nerfs, we don't get a backup cooldown reduction.

And you can always get NttG on your Force Geyser for those "pesky freeformers".
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,077 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Any of these devices that have a static CD of 1 minute or less is fine.

EVERYTHING else should be adjustable by all of the CD reduction stuff. That and they should BE cooling down while not in the tray.

This is why I never slot a HEROIC RESONANCE. Way too long CD and it has to be in the tray to CONTINUE its' CD.

I can even go as far as saying that things like REVITALIZE and Nanobot Swarm DON'T apply any extra CD to items not slotted. Just the standard time cooling down.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The Chimera Potions are the BEST examples of the worst in cooldowns ever! They take over 2 hours and if you log off or remove them from your tray, they reset their cooldown back up to the full.
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,077 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The Chimera Potions are the BEST examples of the worst in cooldowns ever! They take over 2 hours and if you log off or remove them from your tray, they reset their cooldown back up to the full.

Agreed. And, in my opinion these items should just have their CD removed.

I have one that transforms me into a Bear. No passive, a handful of powers. No way is this thing OP. It is a major gimp to activate it. But, it's on my FORCE OF NATURE character and being able to change into a Bear is sorta fitting.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    They'll never do that because of NWO reasons. =b Oh man I wish they fixed those open missions stuff and kept them in game. But I've said it a thousand times too many.