test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PRIMUS Database difficulties

epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Fan Base Alpha
A pre-emptive strike before someone else asks about it. Apparently, we're jumped from the fire into the frying pan.

There's a current known issue with PDb that seems to be affecting all pages with external links. Attempting to edit such articles will cause a "no data recieved" message which essentially locks the affected user from accessing any other pages of the site for a few minutes, even after attempting to refresh.

Currently, the solution if you're hit with an NDR is to... wait it out. Also as a precaution, you may want to attempt to get rid of any external-link markup in your article's wiki code.

There's no message on the PDb main page because... well, I can't even edit that page properly. Apologies for the inconvenience if your pages are affected by the bug.
----
Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
Post edited by epelesker on

Comments

• spiderdude4spiderdude4 Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the heads up. I was getting a bit worried.

But is there any way to actually get rid of this bug? Just asking.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Hope1 ingame. PRIMUS Database Characters
  • epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Other than what I mentioned about removing the external links, there no real solution at the moment. It doesn't seem to happen consistently, either.

It's being looked into, however, so sit tight.
    ----
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    epelesker wrote: »
    Other than what I mentioned about removing the external links, there no real solution at the moment. It doesn't seem to happen consistently, either.

It's being looked into, however, so sit tight.

I appreciate the heads up, I've been updating my pages recently and was about to do some when I saw this.

Thanks ^_^
    edited September 2013
    An update: for now, the issue seems to have died down. If there are any further problems, let one of the PDb mods know as soon as possible!
    ----
    edited September 2013
    Might be having issues with loading speeds at the moment, starting to occur after I got rid of a bunch of advertising spam. I'll try to keep you guys posted, and apologies for the inconvenience, again!)
    ----
  • iceih03iceih03 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have an issue with my Android device, it does not open Primus, it redirects to mobile.primus.... and then it says that page does not exist. It happens even when I set the browser to get desktop version. It only works the "desktop mode" in Opera for Android in the others* it fails even with the desktop option on.

Others = Android browser, Chrome, Firefox.
    edited September 2013
    There's been a similar issue reported with mobile compatibility in the past. I'm going to try and gather some more information here: there is info, but nothing about a solution that I can see. It's on the table, though.
    ----