test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Primus Database : Account and Pages GONE

crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Fan Base Alpha
After the Primus Database shift I made a new account and transferred the pages over. Now I just check in today and my character Shoey's page is gone and my account is no longer valid. There isn't even a history anymore.

Can someone tell me what happened?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This happened around 8/28:
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=239901

And then this happened about a week later:
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=240931

I -highly- recommend you look over my suggestions on how to find your pages via Google (if you didn't happen to make any copies of the PDB source code) and do so now - who knows how much longer Google will keep them around.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    OMFG mine is gone also ._."
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I never bothered finding my pages after the switch. I had so much work and editing to do I just started by scratch again. :rolleyes:

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well saying Nepht has recently joined Conquer I think a retcon was in order anyway I suppose :I
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well I lost my recent copy of my latest version of the page which is dramatically different than the old archived. I'll attempt the fix posted in the other thread. I can still see the newest version previewed in my Firefox open menu as a pinned shortcut. If I can't recover it I don't think I can start from scratch as it was caught up and fully up to date and formatted to my liking.

When I google it though, it only shows the old version at mediumsizedrobot and the newer version images, so I'm out of luck.

Anyone know any other methods of restoring previous versions of pages from your own cache or something? Otherwise I'm done with doing this kind of thing.

EDIT:
    I added "-mediumsizedrobot" in the google search and also made it show duplicate entries. I managed to find that google cached an edit entry and used the click on arrow and cache option to find the entire code in it's entirety. I think I managed to dodge a bullet.

I do have my images saved to my computer since they were edited by me before uploading them, so those I don't mind. I won't reupload them until the wiki issues are resolved or a solution is found of what will be it's fate.
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I added "-mediumsizedrobot" in the google search and also made it show duplicate entries. I managed to find that google cached an edit entry and used the click on arrow and cache option to find the entire code in it's entirety. I think I managed to dodge a bullet.

I do have my images saved to my computer since they were edited by me before uploading them, so those I don't mind. I won't reupload them until the wiki issues are resolved or a solution is found of what will be it's fate.

There you go - you found the source needed.

The old server is completely gone. No more. No backups, no nothing. Vanished without any kind of warning and left no trace behind.

The new server is hosted on GoDaddy, and I have a friend who actually works for the company (and he helped me set up everything - yes, I'm now the admin of the PDB). Everything can, will, and is backed up there and there's pretty much no chance of the server host going out of business. So feel safe posting your stuff there.

That said, I still highly recommend everyone making a View Source backup just in case. Pretty much no reason not to, IMHO.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Okay, I can't really use anyone else's pages as sources of inspiration, really, because y'all are far more advanced than I am with the techniques involved. That being said, though, I've completed an experimental first page, for Fire Ant (because why not?).
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Okay, I can't really use anyone else's pages as sources of inspiration, really, because y'all are far more advanced than I am with the techniques involved. That being said, though, I've completed an experimental first page, for Fire Ant (because why not?).

My pages are pretty basic compared to most peoples I would say.

When I first started PRIMUS-ing I used the following pages for help and guidance.

Character Box Page

Color Coding for Pages and boxes

There are other types of boxes, like Dossier etc but I have no idea where that sort of directory would be.