test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

That Windshield...

itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
I come to you, Champions Community, because of this tweet.

If you want to see the Fire Ant get the same amazing windshield that the Dagger has, now's the time to make your desire known.
Brou in Cryptic games.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• alexofspades#2085 alexofspades Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    YES

I paid and worked hard for my Fire Ant, and i'd LOVE to have it with translucent windshield!!

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    ERgLqqC.png
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'll allow it.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They made me spend Zen by putting a Blue/White bike in the Zstore after i said i'd do so if i get a Blue/White bike.
    So, someone is listening somewhere....

So, Why not.
    And make the tanks with clear windshield so we can see who's sitting inside.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • supersharkssupersharks Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »

If they do this, please release it as a new tank. My entire concept I use them on relies on them being pilotless (machine shapeshifter) visible character inside would kill all the money I sunk into getting my tanks, including the rares.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes, gentlemen, there is interest in transparent windshields on all the other bikes. It makes sense. Let's do this thing!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can we also have saddlebags for carrying pets.. I mean gear
    Black-footed-ferret-infant_zpsa1416a05.jpg
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Dogs and their need to stick their heads over vehicle windows is a fetish I have never fully understood :I
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2013
    If they do this, please release it as a new tank. My entire concept I use them on relies on them being pilotless (machine shapeshifter) visible character inside would kill all the money I sunk into getting my tanks, including the rares.

I'd demand a Zen refund for my jet and tank for the same reason.

But it's very unlikely to have a transparent windshield on jet or a tank.

Adding transparent windshield to bike is only a change of textures, but adding the same for tank is a serious rework of a model because now it needs whole visible interior.

Not to mention that tank and jet models aren't even scaled to fit any possible character model inside.
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    -snip-

How about we just get the Fire Ant a decent windshield first before we start adding other items to the wish list.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I want another less-tech (or non-tech) vehicle.

The only vehicle I own is a chariot from a lockbox, since it is reasonable to use with my magic-themed toons.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nepht needs a zoology class:

Dogs and their need to stick their heads over vehicle windows is a fetish I have never fully understood :I

Dogs identify the world far more by smell than sight. They're just "looking around".
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • alexofspades#2085 alexofspades Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I want another less-tech (or non-tech) vehicle.

The only vehicle I own is a chariot from a lockbox, since it is reasonable to use with my magic-themed toons.

Lets stay on topic please, this is about alpha channel (transparency) on the Fire Ant mesh's windshield texture. Although i agree with you that we need magical vehicles, please submit them to the Suggestions area of the forum. If we derail this, the developers may not take Brou's petition so seriously.
    ERgLqqC.png
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    How about we just get the Fire Ant a decent windshield first before we start adding other items to the wish list.

And the funny thing is, there is no one inside....
    :biggrin:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I come to you, Champions Community, because of this tweet.

If you want to see the Fire Ant get the same amazing windshield that the Dagger has, now's the time to make your desire known.

I replied on Twitter, and I'm doing it here too, because I want to make sure my HELL YES! is heard.
    Yes Please and Thank you!

This is a wonderful idea.
  • highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tumblr_ml9c6bbATR1s6552xo1_500.gif

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • elementalistgaiaelementalistgaia Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    as an owner of a Fire Ant, you got my support.

Yes.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    OF COURSE we want customizable options for our vehicles. Cryptic is very stupid for even asking about this. Especially after being told thousands of times by players.
  • underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    *Looks around*

Umm..... Please No?

I know my personal input doesn't go very far around here, but the ONLY reason I bought a Fire Ant is because it matches with my character PERFECTLY! The windshield color currently matches the eye shield on my biker helmet.

I am PERFECTLY OK with them using this new Windshield tech of there's on NEW VEHICLES from here on out, but I really must urge you guys to leave the ones people have already paid for as is because those people liked them as is when they bought them.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If they add it as an option, yes.
  • echokoumoriechokoumori Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    this would be a nice thing or the fire ant not everyone likes a solid windshield that you cant even see through you got my Yes to this
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    YES.

blabla10charswtf.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd prefer color changing as an option...its easily within the means of the system as much as this windshield is.

I mean it was until they removed it.