test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why can't we access Carrier Wave from any Superjet?

tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Missions and Content
I started to wonder about a certain policy CO has when it comes to event missions.

I call it the NoobSocialInteraction Policy.
And no, I don't feel like giving it a polite name. :mad:

They do this in STO too by the way.

Basically, a certain kind of mission or NPC interaction is designed to force you to go back to the starter area, because the service you are seeking is not provided anywhere else in the game, intentionally.

Cryptic have claimed this is to make people socialize more, but in reality, it just frustrates the veterans.

I know enough players avoid the starter areas just because of the inane discussions and if they go there, it's disable zone chat, do what needs to be done and get the heck out as fast as possible.

And now I'm very suspicious about Carrier Wave, in light of the above policy.
All you need to do to go to it is access a superjet and fly there.

But oddly, it has to be the Millenium City superjet, the others don't offer the prompt to go there.

I wish they'd stop forcing you to go to MC to do game stuff, surely the game is big enough you can spread the events to other zones, just for diversity?

Blood Moon in Vibora Bay would be so fun! :biggrin:

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
Post edited by tilarta on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Because the MC Superjet is the one which UNTIL uses?
    Since their base is in MC.
    Because the 1st mission is in MC and you exit Champios HQ in there?
    To continue to mission 2.
    Would be silly to jump in Superjet in MC to travel in Canada and take Superjet there.
    Because comicbooks?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    lunaw78lunaw78 Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tilarta wrote: »
    I started to wonder about a certain policy CO has when it comes to event missions.

I call it the NoobSocialInteraction Policy.
    And no, I don't feel like giving it a polite name. :mad:

They do this in STO too by the way.

Basically, a certain kind of mission or NPC interaction is designed to force you to go back to the starter area, because the service you are seeking is not provided anywhere else in the game, intentionally.

Cryptic have claimed this is to make people socialize more, but in reality, it just frustrates the veterans.

I know enough players avoid the starter areas just because of the inane discussions and if they go there, it's disable zone chat, do what needs to be done and get the heck out as fast as possible.

And now I'm very suspicious about Carrier Wave, in light of the above policy.
    All you need to do to go to it is access a superjet and fly there.

But oddly, it has to be the Millenium City superjet, the others don't offer the prompt to go there.

I wish they'd stop forcing you to go to MC to do game stuff, surely the game is big enough you can spread the events to other zones, just for diversity?

Blood Moon in Vibora Bay would be so fun! :biggrin:

Because.... in MC is only one Superjet! What Superjets you see there? Others?LMAO
    There is 1 Superjet and 1 Helicopter! The Superjet is for you to go to Canada, Desert, Monster Island, Vibora Bay and the Helicopter (Chopper) is only for Crises (Canada Crisis and Desert Crisis)!
    Sry, DUDE, but your the noob here not PW/Cryptic!
  • Options
    tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You do realise there is bloodmoon content in canada and the desert, its the werewolf VS hunter junk.
  • Options
    gamakytegamakyte Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is this the 2nd part of FATAL ERROR the socrates mission you are talking about?
    gamakyte wrote: »

Yep, he`s talking about the Carrier Wave mission!
  • Options
    lunaw78lunaw78 Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Yep, he`s talking about the Carrier Wave mission! It seems he don`t like using the MC SuperJet! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    you should be able to use submarine.
    Hahahahahahaha! :biggrin:
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    While I myself think its stupid that the other Zones' superjets don't give the option to go to the mission...its honestly not that big of a deal. You take a couple of seconds to zone into MC.

Then go in.

Simple.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why can't we access Carrier Wave from any Superjet?
    Coz they didn't code the option into the other superjet locations.
    Why not?
    It didn't occur to em that someone would want to be able to access a mission that follows on from a mission in MC from other locations.
    I like the way you think gamakyte

P.S. If they do this I want a concrete parachute as well

Just Remembered
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
  • Options
    lordofscornlordofscorn Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013

That only works if it has screen doors.
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Actually, there are several superjets.
    Each zone has one.

Let's count them shall we?

Canada.
    Desert.
    Monster Island.
    Vibora Bay.
    Millenium City.

It just doesn't make sense to me that you need to use a specific superjet when you can go anywhere in the game by using just one superjet.

And it's more that I don't like to use Millenium City period, for the reason I stated.
    To paraphrase Sir Hammerlock from Borderlands 2:
    "Everytime I read zone chat in Millenium City, I feel my brain cells committing suicide one by one."
    Also, there was an incident a long time back with people abusing report player and getting my account muted, which had to be reversed by a GM.

So, you can see why I have a considerable dislike for that zone.

As for Blood Moon, let's just say I don't have fun doing it in Millenium City.
    I won't explain the reasons, it just starts flamewars.

And yes, I know there is stuff to do in Canada and the Desert during Blood Moon, but I got the related achievements on my second Blood Moon, so there's no reason to do that again.

I mean the Boss Battles against the Undead Heroes and Takobell, it would be more interesting to see them set in Vibora Bay.

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    To paraphrase Sir Hammerlock from Borderlands 2:
    "Everytime I read zone chat in Millenium City, I feel my brain cells committing suicide one by one."
    Turn off zone.
    Also, there was an incident a long time back with people abusing report player and getting my account muted, which had to be reversed by a GM.

So, you can see why I have a considerable dislike for that zone.
    Don't speak in zone about wolverine.
    As for Blood Moon, let's just say I don't have fun doing it in Millenium City.
    I won't explain the reasons, it just starts flamewars.
    I'm gonna guess the reason is about the 'farm groups' that do Nimbus and whatnot, right?
    I mean the Boss Battles against the Undead Heroes and Takobell, it would be more interesting to see them set in Vibora Bay.
    But that wouldn't make sense in any way. They are the heroes that died during the Battle of Detroit. Detroit. Not Vibora Bay.

Nevermind forcing everyone who wants to play those missions during the Blood Moon better buck up and go through the long **** Apocalypse crisis before even thinking of going.

I find it odd that you can suggest this, basically forcing a large portion of the populace to go through a huge string of boring content to be able to do the Blood Moon, and yet, you complain about going to bloody MC for five seconds to not move and hit the button to the next carrier mission. Yeah. That makes sense. :rolleyes:
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    doesn't the mission start by talking to a faulty machine called socrates in ,... Millenium City.

Am I missing something here. {oh,.. crime computer.. right :redface: it just clicked. Must be a laser sword}
    Yeah, that part makes sense, since SOCRATES is physically in MC.

But Cyberlord's ship is not!
    Judging from the appearance of the area, it's still hovering over Canada.
    Which would make sense, since that's where it appeared in the last story.

So why aren't we going to Canada to get to the ship then?

And yes, I turn off Zone, but I turn it back on when I return to Vibora Bay and then 10 brain cells commit group suicide, because the zone log from MC is still recorded.

And no, it wasn't about Wolverine.
    I was having a intelligent discussion with another player about a serious topic.
    Heaven forbid we have real conversations in an mmo! <patented Tilarta sarcasm>.

As for having to go through a whole chain, hasn't every maximum level player done it by now?
    What I was actually suggesting is they have it in two places, MC can cater to the low level players, VB to the high level players.

And about them dying in MC, I sincerely doubt that they were buried in the city sewers!
    It's just because the portals manifest there you fight them at those spots.
    Those portals could quite easily appear anywhere else in the game.

And by the way, we're not talking 5 seconds here.
    For the Socrates one, I had to run all the way to Champions HQ and all the way back once I was done.

And there's other things too, for example, when I was running those Questionite missions, I could only access them from MC, nowhere else.

That's what I really resent, that pretty much all the major stuff is centered about MC when it could as easily be done from elsewhere.
    CO birthday events, the winter event tree and so on, all in MC.
    So, if you add up all those little amounts, you realize you're spending far more time in MC then you'd think.