test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rednames and Action Figures

epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
Instead of derailing a costume contest further, I'm going to post this separately.
epelesker wrote: »
(What does being a community manager-- which is what TT is-- or a developer have to do with the frequency of how many of his Action Figures have been given out to the players or his supposed right to be the "face of the community"?)
Easy, our last one was Tumerboy and everyone had one of his. We got afs constantly for testing out content on pts, everyone got one every time they did a playtest. It's a tangent, but this is really a pet peeve for me. It's rare for no damn reason, and indicative of the decreased rewards the game seems to be handing out, and the content removal we've seen over the last few years. His action figure is a symbol of the entire lock box concept, and how it's handed out now compared to the old days smacks me way too much of taking our crafting costume pieces and putting em behind 2 grab bags.

Connecting the state of the game to the fact a redname isn't handing out his personal Action Figure is a bit of a stretch in my opinion, especially when said redname isn't even responsible to the mechanical side of CO.

It could be personal attitudes towards the whole idea of personal AFs, or something back end that we don't (and shouldn't) know about. It's not really our right, however, to push it as an obligation of the "devs" to give us presents every time they're around.

(The only AF that I'm disappointed about not having, personally? Grond. I bought the physical copy from Best Buy, but it wasn't good for the offer... if it's even going now.)
----
Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate