test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it safe to log in yet?

smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
With some of the posts I've been seeing, I've been avoiding even opening the CO Launcher. Can someone post when it's safe to do that again? I don't wanna have to go through the effort of un-****ing my CO installation again.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
Post edited by smoochan on

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All I can say is, the only problem reported that I've seen is rubberbanding. That usually gets fixed with the maintenance, so I anticipate even that being gone by tomorrow afternoon (and probably returning about Saturday or so...). No launcher problems here, and no idea why anyone else is having the problem. Might be worth a shot!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All right, but if my patcher messes up you owe me a bedtime story while I sit on your lap.

And ice cream. Strawberry and vanilla.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If it helps, I was logged into the game 8 hours earlier and had no problems with the launcher nor had any rubberbanding issues ingame.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    All right, but if my patcher messes up you owe me a bedtime story while I sit on your lap.

And ice cream. Strawberry and vanilla.

The only patcher issues I've seen people mention has been the forced-minimization, and there was a workaround posted for that. The closest link I have to hand is from STO, here.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Rubberbanding. Yes. Except isn't rubberbanding so posed to be one direction. You know, a short delay followed by a quick fast-forward. For me it's been more like - frozen in place, zip forward, zip backward, zip forward, frozen in place, then normal game play. Lots of this. Even activating a power to attack some baddies, then nothing seems to happen, not even damage, then - ZIP - everybody is down.

So as a new comer to a sturdy, game ready PC, is that what normal rubberbanding is like? Or am I actually experiencing what Yogi Berra brilliantly referred to as -

It's deja vu all over again. It'sdejavualloveragain. .niagarevollauvajeds'tI It'sdejavualloveragain. It's deja vu all over again.

But seriously, it is starting to feel like a Star Trek like time-loop-ish thing.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Rubberbanding. Yes. Except isn't rubberbanding so posed to be one direction. You know, a short delay followed by a quick fast-forward. For me it's been more like - frozen in place, zip forward, zip backward, zip forward, frozen in place, then normal game play. Lots of this. Even activating a power to attack some baddies, then nothing seems to happen, not even damage, then - ZIP - everybody is down.

So as a new comer to a sturdy, game ready PC, is that what normal rubberbanding is like? Or am I actually experiencing what Yogi Berra brilliantly referred to as -

It's deja vu all over again. It'sdejavualloveragain. .niagarevollauvajeds'tI It'sdejavualloveragain. It's deja vu all over again.

But seriously, it is starting to feel like a Star Trek like time-loop-ish thing.

That's pretty much rubberbanding in a nutshell. Try using the /net_graph 3 command in your chat box. If you're seeing frequent red indications then it's a sign of packet losses. That's due to routing problems between your ISP and Cryptic.

A quick easy fix (if it works) would be enabling either the US or EU proxy under launcher settings.