test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Praise thread, no critisizers allowed

smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
A little experiment.

List things that you like about CO, things that you think the developers have done right.

If you read what is written in this thread and feel like you disagree with it, don't post. Do not post any negativity or complaints in this thread. Do you have the willpower to do it? Let's see if you can keep your ego in check, or if you have to give in :)

Here's what I like most.

Travel Powers - most fun travel mechanic of any mmo... or well, maybe even any game ever. Acrobatics, super jump, stupidly fun and even useable in combat. They got this so right.

Knockback - I can't off the top of my head think of any other game that does knocks the way this game does them. This is another thing they just got so right.

Costume Editor - I can make furries here. Even the "furry themed" games I have played in the past didn't allow me to make custom furries. And all the other things too... I'm not sure I've ever thought up a concept that I wasn't able to make in the costume editor.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
Post edited by smoochan on

Comments

• fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I do like me some costume editor and travel powers, mhm.

Being able to realize concepts here is also awesome, with the vast selection at my hands.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The amount of customization is awesome. Even if I'm stuck on an art block, I can hop on CO and think of a cool character concept, plot it out a bit and draw it with a few more accessories later. It's good inspiration.
  • glop#4587 glop Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Don't know the game as well as most, but what I find particularly interesting (and awesome) among a myriad of interesting game mechanics is the short cast/no cooldown combat system, and what it allows for-namely the ability to turn a skill from sustained DPS to burst damage on a situational basis. I really enjoy the maintain mechanic over something like say, a cast bar. The mobility it allows adds a whole new dynamic to the game. I was surprised at how old this game was when I stumbled upon it as it seems to be a very early MMO to implement a blocking mechanic, and a diverse one at that, with upgradable blocks triggering procs and misc. performance benefits. I prefer the combat system in this game over the FPS mode games like Neverwinter from Cryptic, and ironically DC Universe Online, a competitor of this game. I like the way Champions Online integrates traditional MMO UI and functionality still allowing for a more dynamic gaming experience without completely reinventing very ingrained in the genre combat.
  • dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Customization. Yes, Yes, This will always come up. But being able to create that alter ego you made for yourself as a kid is awesome.

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • cptmillenniumcptmillennium Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Customization puts all other games to shame. If you can imagine it, you can create it. This goes far beyond just the incredible costume editor. The selection of powers and how they can be used together allow you to create just about any concept with a fair degree of effectiveness.

Combat feels very action-packed. I love charging up a big swing and punching someone over the horizon!

There's a good overall storyline and some great characters within the lore.

The Nemesis system is fantastic.

I don't PvP a lot, but I love 1:1 duels. I've had some really great, epic battles with individual opponents.

The environments are really well done.

TrailTurtle!
    customization. nobody else gets close now.

oh, and throwing stuff, even coh didnt do that its kind of important to superhero genre games.

oh and growing powers. dont recall any similar powers in other mmos.
  • thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Okay I'll do this in the style of David Letterman....The top 10 things I really enjoy about Champions On Line...

10. The ability to beat on super villains and their goons.
    09. The ability to create my own nemesis and their goons
    08. Being able to experience various story arcs that have different genre flavors to them.
    07. Role Playing as a super hero with friends met On Line.
    06. Having Epic duels with friends and random people.
    05. Being able to create the power set of the Hero I want to be.
    04. Attending various Costume Contests held in various locations.
    03. Reading some amazing and some rather hilarious character stories.
    02. Creating the Costumes for the Hero I want to be.
    And the Number 1 Reason I enjoy Champions Online:
    01. Its just down right fun most of the time.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The iTunes/Winamp controller is the greatest feature in video games since the fire button.

Costume editor/character creator is a dream come true. I may prefer to play certain character looks above others, but the fact everyone else produces unique and amazing things keeps me entertained.

Freedom in naming. Other games screwed this up bad.
    Sure there's a dozen assassin's and deadpoos but then there's "I crit my pants" and "Err0r Flynn" and "Manonman"

Super hero combat, another long time wish fulfilled. All other games are stiff compared to this.

Teaming system is almost perfect.

Super easy game to pick up and play without learning much of anything or reading any quest texts. But with knowledge and experience the simplicity leaves room to experiment with every element of the character and playstyle.

Key binds, controls and video options can drastically change how the game is played and how it looks.

Choose your challenge level. So easy to make it hard.
    That's a good slogan Cryptic, I'll let you use it for free.

The camera is free to orbit my character even during combat and is 99% perfect.
    Seeing my character's face and pose from the front mid blast and zooming around to
    watch some punk get rocked from a side view is like being a two handed Hollywood.

Eye candy.
    Addictive visual stimulation of near perfect if not weird genetic traits and lizard brain mystifying supernatural effects.

Repeatable missions. I have my butter and I have my bread, all other content is cake.

The music is ok sometimes, really appropriate and mood setting. Sometimes.

Its free to play and they pay me to play. Why doesn't the whole world work like this?
    Free food and money to eat it? sure! Free love with cash back rewards? Awesome!

Cryptic has fulfilled some of my most random off the cuff requests and suggestions.
    I can't help but love them for that while feeling weirded out and somehow connected
    to those elements and the people that labored on them.
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I enjoy the not too serious tone of the setting, the vibrant world, the fairly streamline combat, the blocking mechanic, the casual gameplay, the characters, and the customization!
  • jaguar40jaguar40 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like the casual game play setting.

I like that a person can solo effectively and team if they choose without much content being gated behind either. Even things that suggest 5, a person can go ahead and do it if they feel they want to instead of having to form a team and hope people are interesting in running that mish at the same time they are.

I like the stories. Some are serious, some are funny, some are wtf, some are deep.

I do like the comic book graphics.

I like the customization options. Especially the freeform thing. Allows greater ability to makea custome hero and breaks the rule that just because a person have guns that means they must be squishy too and have to work extra hard to get some defense in order to halfway survive. The best one I seen in any game so far.

I like the travel powers. We have tunneling? What? Awesome.

And most importantly, I like that I'm having fun in this game. Nice casual, nothing serious just fun. Instead of feeling like everytime I play I'm entering into a second job and having to deal with co workers that take everything too serious. Which kind of ties into the an earlier like. I can solo and dont have to deal with them at all.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The customization, I can make any character that I want.

Block. (You have no idea how often I wished CoH had something like this.)

Nemesis system.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Don't know the game as well as most, but what I find particularly interesting (and awesome) among a myriad of interesting game mechanics is the short cast/no cooldown combat system, and what it allows for-namely the ability to turn a skill from sustained DPS to burst damage on a situational basis. I really enjoy the maintain mechanic over something like say, a cast bar. The mobility it allows adds a whole new dynamic to the game. I was surprised at how old this game was when I stumbled upon it as it seems to be a very early MMO to implement a blocking mechanic, and a diverse one at that, with upgradable blocks triggering procs and misc. performance benefits. I prefer the combat system in this game over the FPS mode games like Neverwinter from Cryptic, and ironically DC Universe Online, a competitor of this game. I like the way Champions Online integrates traditional MMO UI and functionality still allowing for a more dynamic gaming experience without completely reinventing very ingrained in the genre combat.

Definitely this. This is a big thing that seperates CO from other MMOs and one of the design philosophies that Cryptic has in all their games that I really enjoy. I never feel like I have to watch my hotbars like a hawk, I can actually look at the stuff I'm fighting and whip out powers as I feel like it. The same holds true over in NWO and it lends itself to a more active and go-git-um style of fighting. This probably should have been #1 on my list, but it's just such an integral part of the game that it was like... a given, so I didn't even think of it!

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Flying!

flying-004.jpg

flying-003.jpg

flying-002.jpg
    :biggrin:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    And not just one kind of flight. You can fly while covered in fire, by flapping your wings, by flapping your fiery wings, with an aura of Pure Heroism or Kirby Krackle, by employing a rocket pack or jet boots - even by sheer force of personality!

Same for most of the other travel powers. You can leap great distances because you have strong legs, or because you strapped pulse-jets to your feet. You can swing along on your cable, or your chain, or a vine from out of nowhere. You can teleport in a flash of light, a burst of electricity, or a whirl of leaves. You can run real damn fast, you can run fast while leaving a trail of light behind, or a trail of burning footprints, or you can just run so fast your very image is distorted by the sheer violence your passage does to the air. You can tunnel through the ground, or dissolve into a puddle of goo and scoot along the ground, or become a swarm of insects that either runs or flies. And there are even more options I haven't mentioned! And unlike some games, you don't have to wait for your powers, and plod around like some plebian - you get your travel power as soon as you either leave or bypass the tutorial. (Your level 20 horses can kiss my shiny metal Jetpack, WoW!)

And all that is part and parcel of the Customization From Hell that is the character creator. Even if you're Silver, and use an AT, you can still make your Soldier absolutely distinct from every other Soldier out there. (Come on, are you likely to mistake Captain Americlown for Generic Soldier Toon #43217, just because they use the same powers for the most part?) There's costumes, there's travel power (Captain Americlown, obviously, travels at Flag Speed), every so often there's an option of one of two powers to select (Frag Grenade, or Shotgun?), and of course there are the enhancements you can add every level or two (Frag Grenade + Incendiary Grenade = group of burning mooks!). You can have a distinct size, a distinct body shape (although I still want to be able to easily make a fat toon), different faces with different expressions on them - heck, there are two different styles of legs you can have!

Then there are the number of ATs available - nine for free, and I forget how many available for purchase, and if you buy an AT, you're not limited to making just the one character with that AT, because it unlocks for your account.

And if you get bored with ATs? Freeform. Dear Lord, the options for Freeform...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Pace of play (gotta love running and jumping at a breakneck pace while firing off attacks on the run and even in mid air).

Appearance and build customization.

Non trinity play.

And everything this guy said:

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ashensnow wrote: »
    Appearance and build customization.

Non trinity play.

These two things. With anything i may love or hate about this game, these two things stand above the rest as it's best features for me. Any time i get to create and customize my own charcter, i love it. The more i can control, the more i love the game. This is where CO clearly stands above DCUO because i can make a better superman or batman knock of here than i can in DCUO which specifically tells us that's what we're supposed to be. I love getting to design and save multiple costumes and looks for my hero that i can switch two in two clicks, or one if i set it to a build, i love that i can pick my powers from a single set or other sets, i love being able to chose the color and in some cases the visual (pets) or emanation points and honestly wish i had more choices for those things.

One of the things that can quickly kill a game for me is not being able to play my way, or use my skills to win. Once things become "you have to set your character up THIS way and use THIS rotation", Then i'm usually out of there. at that point i'm not playing my charcter my way, i'm just playing 'FOTM build X', which defeats the purpose for me.

Champions doesn't force me into those rolls, yet works well for those who like it that way (PVP). I have the freedom to build my character and play them any way i choose meaning i get to build different character instead of just alts or toon, but actual characters, each with their own playstyle and to a degree personalities.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The best combat system and most flexible power selection I've seen in an active MMO. FREEFORM FTW!!!

The comics and adventure packs are fun. I WANT MORE!

All the little lore related and exploration perks in the game. I can go ANYWHERE directly!

I can make my character look like anything I want! TORSOS SO BIG I CAN'T TOUCH MY FACE!

Not having to spend hundreds of dollars to have at minimum mediocre inventory space. SUBSCRIPTION HUZZAH!
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Flexibility, of course.

Where else can you play a frog-headed robot with a shark tail and angel wings fighting 1920s Jewish gangsters?

And freeform stuff, powers, colors, emanations... whoa! NOBODY else is like that.

Some people (particularly CoX players) have said CO's writing and references are silly or distracting. I think they are AWESOME. Seeing bits of Westside Story in Westside, Bill and Ted McKenzie in Canada, and so on? HA!
    And as a huge Lovecraft fan, the Qliphothic stuff is just tons of awesome.

I adore the APs (particularly Demonflame) and Whiteout had me squeeing with joy (again, references, including amazing homage music).

The range of abilities and costume options are breath-taking. While there are a few more things I want, the standards are there plus a lot of cool stuff. Cool pets. Cool fx.

I love the Become device stuff and other devices, like Size Magnifier.

Costume editor is, again, flexible and amazing. What really blew me away was the ability to set different elements on each side, so you can have different shoulder pieces and so on. Opens up options immensely.

Sigh.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The costume creator and Freeform system were my selling points on this game, but the even further customization and what I could do with it all kept me here.

I love the fact that I can come up with a look, outfit, and theme for a character in my head, and I can get it 99% correct in game, sometimes improving or expanding on those things because this game's customization is so great.

But my favorite thing that grew on me over the years about this game is I can play it however I choose. I'm a fan of action combat, and I'm able to go into mouse look and set the power I use most to Left Click to feel like an action game. I'm not limited to keeping all of my powers on 1-0, but I can set them all very close to WASD and link them with Alt for ease of use. Because of these options, I'm able to make combat feel as natural or even better than most action games. Not to mention all of the binds we can input to further deepen the experience.

And though the costume creator is amazing on its own, I believe CO's best feature for appearance is the option for multiple costumes and builds/roles. That character I always had in mind whose alter ego would come out to play can finally be put into a game seamlessly, and I thank Champions for that.
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    Bill and Ted McKenzie in Canada,

Its Bob and Doug. They had beer with Max Van Sydow.
    Bill and Ted had an excellent adventure with George Carlin.
    edited July 2013
    Derp. Brain fart there, thanks.

(I LOVE Strange Brew. Though I'm also a huge Max von Sydow fan.)

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The game is friggin awesome. Superhero mmorpgame that none has topped yet.
    Character and power customising no other game has.
    And TIGHTS!!!.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Naming thing, for sure.

Same for customization and variety in powers.

I like the gameplay. It's not bad.

Kinda like the fact that if I don't want something, I don't have to pay for it anyway.

Some of the peoples.
  • vikaernesvikaernes Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Champions offers me a variety of colors to choose from when color coding my private chat channels.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Naming thing, for sure.

Ooh, I forgot this one. May seem like a small thing but the ability to use the name you know is absolutely perfect for your character, without worrying about whether or not it was used three years ago by someone who doesn't even play the game any more, is absolutely awesome.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A lot of what could be said has been said well (a lot better than I probably could) but I love to hear myself speak so:

1. Customization: Because customization.

2. The various open worlds: This game does a good job having different worlds that are designed differently.

3. Adjustable difficulty

4. Casual play style

5. Naming system - I'm glad I can decide on a name, no matter how silly it is, without the fear that someone has it and thus won't let me use it.

6. The general layout of the game and it's ui. It makes Cryptic look like geniuses compared to other games.

7. The different travel powers. I love them. If we could run up/crawl up walls, I would never leave this game.
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
    edited July 2013
    Oh yeah, the travel powers! Scarab tunneling??? Sheer cackling wonderful.

I have Phoenix wings on one character. His solid Art Deco wings swap to blue fire. Rock on.

Also, the naming thing, dear lord yes. And one world. I'm spoiled by it, and going to games where I have to figure out what server friends are on is a huge demerit.

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    on a hot/cold afternoon, sitting outside the bank, watching the pedestrians sink into the pavement adn then continue walking. Seeing they are completely unhurt and realizing that

Everyone is super in Champions.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    And not just one kind of flight. You can fly while covered in fire, by flapping your wings, by flapping your fiery wings, with an aura of Pure Heroism or Kirby Krackle, by employing a rocket pack or jet boots - even by sheer force of personality!

Same for most of the other travel powers. You can leap great distances because you have strong legs, or because you strapped pulse-jets to your feet. You can swing along on your cable, or your chain, or a vine from out of nowhere. You can teleport in a flash of light, a burst of electricity, or a whirl of leaves. You can run real damn fast, you can run fast while leaving a trail of light behind, or a trail of burning footprints, or you can just run so fast your very image is distorted by the sheer violence your passage does to the air. You can tunnel through the ground, or dissolve into a puddle of goo and scoot along the ground, or become a swarm of insects that either runs or flies. And there are even more options I haven't mentioned! And unlike some games, you don't have to wait for your powers, and plod around like some plebian - you get your travel power as soon as you either leave or bypass the tutorial. (Your level 20 horses can kiss my shiny metal Jetpack, WoW!)

And all that is part and parcel of the Customization From Hell that is the character creator. Even if you're Silver, and use an AT, you can still make your Soldier absolutely distinct from every other Soldier out there. (Come on, are you likely to mistake Captain Americlown for Generic Soldier Toon #43217, just because they use the same powers for the most part?) There's costumes, there's travel power (Captain Americlown, obviously, travels at Flag Speed), every so often there's an option of one of two powers to select (Frag Grenade, or Shotgun?), and of course there are the enhancements you can add every level or two (Frag Grenade + Incendiary Grenade = group of burning mooks!). You can have a distinct size, a distinct body shape (although I still want to be able to easily make a fat toon), different faces with different expressions on them - heck, there are two different styles of legs you can have!

Then there are the number of ATs available - nine for free, and I forget how many available for purchase, and if you buy an AT, you're not limited to making just the one character with that AT, because it unlocks for your account.

And if you get bored with ATs? Freeform. Dear Lord, the options for Freeform...

What you said about costumes and variation is so true. Let me post two examples created long ago by _PAX_ for the CCE. Even Silver players can use these btw.
    Light version.
    Costume__Pax__Golem%2520Angel%2520Silver_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_351173626.jpg

Dark version.
    Costume__Pax__Golem%2520Angel%2520Dark%2520Silver_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_351174997.jpg

These are a pair of well crafted heroes. Lots of little details, yet _PAX_ altered the base color from the first to make the second a dark alternate. Identical yet very different in the feel.

btw - Everyone, with a good computer should enter the game as one of these heroes just to get a good look at these costumes. You don't have to keep them, just tinker with them for a bit and use Flight. The wings look fantastic and the entire construct is sooooo shiny. Seriously you must see these guys in game to appreciate _PAX_ talent with the CC.

More of his stuff is over here. And many other great creators have stuff there as well. I also placed some crap there but you can easily avoid my crap for the good stuff. :tongue:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • gamakytegamakyte Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What a load of rubbish! how could anyone pull together such a bunch on nonsensical putridisms from the community as a whole, into one cryptic collective. :p

.hmm thats a cool outfit
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hands down customization. You'd be hard pressed to find a game as flexible as Champs for a character that YOU want to build. Powers and looks. Just yessss. You can start off looking like.. well.. a champion from level one and skip looking like a scrub. I just love this game so much for that aspect alone. My characters aren't limited.

Oh and block. Block has changed everything for me. I remember the first few games I tried after playing Champs I got extremely annoyed. I was just like, "So what? I'm just supposed to stand here and get hit?" The answer was yes, yes I was. Champs changed the formula for me.

Travel powers have always been a blessing. I remember when I first came over from CoX, I nearly cried because I got a travel power right when I got out of tutorial. I just sort of felt like, "What is... this heaven?"

The humor of the game is refreshing. I like the campy chessiness. But when Champs decides to get serious and dark, I really feel it.

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • heroicsingerheroicsinger Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can make a variety of costumes and a bio to go with them.

Other good things are.. ... ... ... ...
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Customization is still there as my favorite and being able to freeform is what I like.
    It's Cryptic and you made City of Heroes which was my love.

That's about all I can say.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    Customization
    Open Power System (for the purpose of customization)
    Fast movement.

Edit: Almost forgot offline chat. <3 Jabber.
  • cptmillenniumcptmillennium Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I really enjoy the comic series and adventure packs. They're well-written and I feel more engaged in the story than I do running regular missions.
    - Freeform. This is a super cool thing and it lets me make the exact combo of powers I want in a character. In no other game could I make a gun-toting psychic who summons dinosaurs, casts spells, and turns into a giant energy dragon. Not that it makes sense, but the fact I could do that is amazing.

- Travel Powers. There's a ton of them, and they all look really cool. Rainbow flight, flying carpets, tunneling, bat swarm, light speed, rolling, acrobatics, vine swinging, cape gliding, ice sliding, the list just goes on and on and on, and there's something here to fit any concept anyone could come up with. In a game full of endless power choices, CO's strongest aspect is it's huge variety of travel power options.

- Character Creation. Putting faces aside(since I'm not going to be negative here), CO offers unparalleled customization for their characters. The sliders are great for both body and face, there's all sorts of stances and animation options, and then the costume parts... oh man. Asymmetrical costume options, glowing costume options, the ability to select left/right independently of one another, different textures for just about everything, metallic skin tones, tons of color selection slots on every single costume part, all sorts of weird options like face tentacles or robot legs or giant leathery wings. CO took everything CoH pioneered and evolved the whole system, and it's still impressive years and years later. Nothing else out there offers what CO does... yet.

- The world looks great. I never see anyone talk about this, but I think most people would agree. Millenium City is an awesome looking place, Lemuria is beautiful, the Desert feels perfect, everything in the game just seems really great. It all feels unique and hand-crafted, there's very few cases where I feel overwhelmed by the reuse of stock geometry like I do in most other games. And the newer the area, the better it looks. Even things like Multifaria feel like they should, with the lighting and textures being altered to communicate the right sort of tone for the area. If there's one thing I appreciate about CO, it's just exploring.

Art, Animation, and Stuff:
    DA Tumblr Vimeo Youtube
  • gamakytegamakyte Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can't say anywhere near as well what others have said before.

1. Character creation (Your own characters)
    - Costumes
    - Powers
    - Travel powers; The way you move. This is great and really adds to the character. Even the poor trav powers (in regards to an effective build) are lots of fun in terms of concept and immersion. (see more rubbish on TPs bellow)

2. PvP (I play this very little, would like to get more social in game and do more PvP and RP); a very different PvP experience here than Ive had on other MMOs. Combat may be unbalanced, but so are people, so are super heroes. Its up to you what you want to make, and at what level you want to compete (to a point, theres limits there but thats for the other thread). Some super heroes are better than others. Some super heroes just rock regardless of their issues thanks to point 1 above; Your own characters and the immersion that brings. (maybe tiers could help PvP matchups, so you can compete on many levels, not the place for that here though)

3. The maps and visuals are really good, Yeah (as kelplankton states above) . Theres lots in a small space, I don't need to travel for ages through superfluous zones and areas that although might look good (in terms of other MMOs or RP games) are painful and time consuming. Yet I can bounce around and have fun over roof tops, and over mountains and hills, fly my hover disc through tree slaloms serving as imaginary racetracks (Hover disk is an awesome fun TP,.. but then so is swinging and acrobat - hell TPs, I can spend 30 minutes just travelling cuz its fun, and I don't NEED to, I can, If I WANT to). Visuals; I spend lots of time just taking screenies. It helps with my immersion (which is mostly generated by myself due to my limited social interaction)

Theres more, but I can't think of it right now.

- customization, both in powers and characters (costumes and naming).

- the game pays me to play.

- concept of the nemesis system.

- free goodies at level cap for subscribers.

- I can click, keyboard or game pad to execute powers.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My like [yes i do have some :)]

I like...

1) How the quality of Costume parts have increased. They look much better than the older ones. Look at the Newer bird wings vs the ones at the beginning of the game.

2) The quality of the environments have increased-Hi Pan Alert /w the Dragon is a great eample.

3) That we have a hard working Community Manager in TT.

4) the upcoming Fatal Error story thus far.

5) . . .thats it for now.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!