test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Your #1 Praise of New Telepathy?

underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
What's the ONE thing you like about the new powers more then anything else? What makes it appealing?

For me, I love the fact that these powers have given Ego Sleep a real use now. Ego Sprites alone was never really enough to make Ego Sleep worth while. Now you can do some pretty impressive damage to a group of slumbering scallywags. lol, and no my telepath isn't a pirate. :tongue:
Post edited by underchicken on

Comments

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Redirected Force is exactly what I always wanted for my healer.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I love the graphics. Especially Master of the Mind. It is a visually stunning set. My favorite power however is Mental Leech. It makes being in melee range not a scary when soloing. It's ticked a high heal on me a number of times just when I needed it! :biggrin:
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Top praise?

You mean beside the fact we finally got new powers to play with? You mean that we got new powers and not more vehicles shoved down our throats?

:biggrin:

Ok, well...

Congress of Selves. I love build diversity, and being able to be in ANY role with it allows for soooo much diversity for DoT-focused builds. This is something new and I'm totally RetCon-ing a character to try it out!
  • lucasjacksonlucasjackson Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    Top praise?

You mean beside the fact we finally got new powers to play with? You mean that we got new powers and not more vehicles shoved down our throats?

:biggrin:

Ok, well...

Congress of Slaves. I love build diversity, and being able to be in ANY role with it allows for soooo much diversity for DoT-focused builds. This is something new and I'm totally RetCon-ing a character to try it out!

Whoa, buddy. Selves.
    edited July 2013
    lol that's a hell of a typo! Not sure what I wrote is, but it sounds like an interesting title for a novel :tongue:
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fekkin DEBUUUUFFFS! In practice getting anywhere from a 24-30% reduction of enemy damage, on top of heals and ego defense down? It might not do the most damage, but god damn, nobody is going to be dying on my teams when I tank with this stuff.

Just a few tips for those who might be looking to build around these:
    • INT: This is the stat of choice for these for a few reasons. First is that they're all recharges. Second, weirdly enough, none seem to set of Telepathic Reverb, so use MSA instead. Third, INT has hold buffs in its primary superstat tree.
    • All the new TP attacks stack manipulator. Which is good, because the amount of slowdown and hold these things inflict scale with that.
    • Mind Break's rupture effect isn't really that worth it. Like I noted above, this addition is a lot more about debuffing the hell out of enemies rather than burst damage, which, while it is worthy, is still more suited for things like single-blade and force.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

edited July 2013
    bluhman wrote: »
    Just a few tips for those who might be looking to build around these:
    • INT: This is the stat of choice for these for a few reasons. First is that they're all recharges. Second, weirdly enough, none seem to set of Telepathic Reverb, so use MSA instead. Third, INT has hold buffs in its primary superstat tree.
    • All the new TP attacks stack manipulator. Which is good, because the amount of slowdown and hold these things inflict scale with that.
    • Mind Break's rupture effect isn't really that worth it. Like I noted above, this addition is a lot more about debuffing the hell out of enemies rather than burst damage, which, while it is worthy, is still more suited for things like single-blade and force.

Excellent advice!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,123 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    More Advice:
    • Detonating stacks insta heals allies around you, making stacking and Mind Breaking a valuable tool for survival. Useful if you are a fast stacker.
    • If there is a telepath using these powers in a team, stay near the boss. That is where the healing will be going on. Since it procs from bosses location.
    • Manipulator- for some reason doesn't seem to be increasing Malaise/Mental Weakness debuff time. Instead they scale with hold strength for duration purposes.
    • INT/DEX <--both useful stats for this new play style.
  • foosnarkfoosnark Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    After reading this thread and a little experimentation, I see that believing the tooltips (more or less) has led me astray.

One important thing: the damage buff from Congress is not actually limited to DOT ticks.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I personally am trying out a Int primary and getting points in Ego, Pre and End. Though even when I attempted it in the Battle Station many times using Ego Sleep with these powers long with some defensive powers, I died too fast too many times even with blue gear, choice purple secondaries and R5 mods. It was probably my instincts to use Master of Mind as an "oh ****" button, but its the worst thing to use as a last resort or any situation really.

Keep following up on people's advice and then tweak it at your leisure. I wouldn't rush it out of the powerhouse while I personally won't be taking my toons out for a long while.

If I can't wipe the floor or tank or hold groups at bay in Hard difficulty/Demon/Team of 5 with a build, I don't consider it worth playing.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,170 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    Two of my characters were given some of the new powers. Rather enjoying the outcomes.

My main telepath is much more interesting to play. He was a straight dps, but with the new debuffs and support I'm able to facetank more things, makes alerts much easier to run.

Other character is a telekinetic support running Seraphim, added in a couple of the dots for extra damage/support. Curious what a pure dps tker could do though, TK Assault and Lance were already scary.
    edited July 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    as for dex, cant I just use gear for crit chance?

Not too sure, but I am inclined to say yes, since they pretty much grant the same(ish) out come.

The scaling with crit sev and chance was a relatively new thing added before they shoved it out of the PTS, I don't believe it was actually explained HOW they do.
    gradii wrote: »
    depends. certain support builds are, congress of selves gives great aggro reduction when coupled with support role. I almost never get aggro in alerts for instance, even with a subpar team. so my own squishyness doesnt matter as much.

You never get agro? Wow. I wonder why. I continually get agro in an alert, maybe it's cause I DPS up the place. :eek:

In most instances I have been tanking the boss or stealing agro from DPS or tanks.

Hell I even scored 700 in a Red Winter Alert.

If I don't do much critters tend to just run up to me then turn around and run away lol.

However soloing stuff is another matter entirely, no agro for me :p
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like aoe spam, AShaow of doubt, ego sprites, mental leech, rinse and repeat, hope to hell someone else has Mind break
    getting mental storm too.

I may be able to get a totally aoe attacks character

but WHY is crit/crit severity the scaling stats..... arrghhh. what's wrong with ego, they are mentalist powers

and yes Congress of Slaves does sound like an interesting ability... potentially fatal depending on what the slaves are plannign
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,170 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    but WHY is crit/crit severity the scaling stats..... arrghhh. what's wrong with ego, they are mentalist powers

They do scale with ego/ranged damage bonus. They also gain bonus from crit and severity, which is a boon as many dots currently don't.
    edited July 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    and yes Congress of Slaves does sound like an interesting ability... potentially fatal depending on what the slaves are plannign

Just a heads up

Congress of SELVES :wink: