test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Telepathy heroes...Telepathy heroes, everywhere!

xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
39602770.jpg

After this update, it will be of no surprise. I for one will not be making a new hero, as telepathy is actually Caliga's one true weakness :tongue:. So who here is gonna make a new main with the new powers and telepathy revamp?
Post edited by xcaligax on

Comments

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    you should be safe, after all how small a target can they aim at?:biggrin:
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sekimensekimen Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I really dislike telepathy powers in games/fiction, so I'm probably just gonna skip them.

So, is the MA Claws set up next?
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Meh... I will stick with the Telekinesis Powerframe! Gotta love my Ego Blades & Telekinetic Lances! :biggrin:
    Never was a fun of CC anyway! (Will they fix it with the new Update?)

Besides, if the Forum posts are right, and the new powers has been Butchered to Death, then they don't worth to be in my Builds
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think I got a hang on how CC toons work, so I think I might make a character for it for something else to do.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wow. Are you kidding me? These powers are going to go LIVE in THIS state?

LOL.

Just do not try to PvP with them ok?

They still heal your opponents.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2013

LOL.

really? hmm I'll see if I can fin that, do not take to alerts build someone posted.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2013

LOL.

Does that work on NPCs?

Please say yes.

I have a "mental powers yay!" character already, so I will take a gander at these new powers.

If they follow the usual formula around here where all new stuff is dumb overpowered, then I'm sure we'll see plenty of people using them. Might even cause a short pvp revival as the power builders get all excited and see if they can use these powers to make even more game-breakingly "fun" pvp builds.

The wonder of it all!

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The new telepathy powers are low-powered and wonky (like healing enemies in PvP0.

Also, except for one power, they aren't crowd control. They are DoT with some debuffs.
    Meh.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

Does that work on NPCs?

Please say yes.

I have a "mental powers yay!" character already, so I will take a gander at these new powers.

If they follow the usual formula around here where all new stuff is dumb overpowered, then I'm sure we'll see plenty of people using them. Might even cause a short pvp revival as the power builders get all excited and see if they can use these powers to make even more game-breakingly "fun" pvp builds.

The wonder of it all!

They follow the TELEPATHY Formula for OPness.

Meaning that Rank 3 Shadow of Doubt and Mental Leech both do less DPS than rank 1 Psi Lash.

You can grant your foes stacks of Hold Resistance if you tap Mental Storm (so always full charge)

Mental Leech's FX are horrific. As are Mental Storm's Brain-tricity.

As for the healing?

They went from granting everything 10k HP per tick (using Mind Break) to Healing all targets per tick in range (including NPCs) to healing NPCs if Confuse mechanic was used.

Currently, on all foes (only tested from henchmen to Super Villain) they are not healing my foes.

However in PvP, I grant my foes around 280HPS for the entire duration of the debuffs, which can be refreshed.

And since my HPS out does my DPS I am Villain Support (in PvP)

I haven't tested against Above Super Villain Level however. Only, Henchmen, Villain, Master Villain, Enforcer and Super Villain levels.

Also your DPS kills off your control powers. Unless you take Ego Sleep as your only form of control. Making Ego Sleep a must with these powers.

Oh and Congress of Selves can be used in ANY role. <--No that is not a bug it is intended. Go figure. (It used to be restricted to Support/Hybrid)
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Everywhere? I just see them all leaving Millennium City. Man.. now they're leaving Vibora? Where'd they go?

Oh yeah they got tired of being marginalized in a game that has its eyes, ears, and mouths closed.
  • akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sekimen wrote: »
    So, is the MA Claws set up next?
    What he said.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I thought I would have got to change my psychic toons to this new stuff. I'm going to change them back into their old builds and stick with dps. A year and a half of waiting for garbage and broken new stuff.
  • hexsinghexsing Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My alt, Forshadow, is a combo of Darkness/Telepathy...I focus a lot on debufs with that toon. I will be using Shadow Form and also...that new power thingy thats a passive with the name that's long that I don't want to remember at this time.

Ill use Shadow Form in my DPS role and the rest will be with the passive that has the name I don't feel like remembering right now. Unless it works better than Shadow Form, in which I will use it in all roles and skip Shadow Form...then I will also remember the name.

It does feel clunky. Ill admit the rotation does feel clunky. But it looks pretty. I like the way the pretty swirly things all go about and the shooty things. I colored them purple.

On Test Dummies I found that in combination with my darkness powers that it's interesting.

It's pretty.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old time member. I miss NERF :eek:
  • mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Telepathy Heroes everywhere? Well just like every other framework rehaul. Do we have to mention the Power Armor, Martial Arts and especially Infernal which is beloved by anyone looking to be an ultra badass dark death lord?

Well, for the Telepathy powers, I do expect Shadow Form DoT heavy builds like the good old times.

• ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I won't be creating a new main, but I do have two telepaths (a FF and a Mind AT)

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I love and am excited for the new powers... but I'm stand offish about using them. ._. I've come to the realization that I'm excited for new content... but not this content. Mainly because I do know it could have been more and it's not. We lost a few powers between the first version of this miniset from quite a few months ago and this version and I'm actually a little bitter about it. I wanted those ego, super ego and id manifestations! Although the UI would have just been too much to negotiate so I kind of get it.

That tiny rant aside... I'll just have to poke at them on PTS and see how I feel. I have a Mind AT that's been butchered and severely underused since On Alert (well when I was still subbed a couple months back anyways). Maybe she'll like these powers well enough to use them! :biggrin:

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • heroicsingerheroicsinger Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    Everywhere? I just see them all leaving Millennium City. Man.. now they're leaving Vibora? Where'd they go?

Oh yeah they got tired of being marginalized in a game that has its eyes, ears, and mouths closed.

I know right?
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I retconned a 40. I love it, dotmasters have always been a thing for me.

It's gonna take some fine-tuning though. What I don't like is how much the mini-set really needs all of its components to function effectively. Maybe not the passive, but I can't imagine the dots are gonna do much of anything without it.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited July 2013
    They work with sleep at least. The problem is that I can Strafing Run a group of enemies and kill them instantly with just about any build with a buff to ranged damage. This set pads out how long it takes me to accomplish something.

If Malvan or Leviathan was still around I would be able to see how effective it is.

It will be many months before my toon leaves the power house.
  • mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The problem here is Strafing Run, not the rest.

edited July 2013
    Then I'll use Ice Grenade or even Force Cascade.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm seeing lots of mind toons and have teamed with plenty of telepathy players today.

The Good -
    Great Damage
    Nice Healing Support for Melee Teammates
    Some Cool Effects
    Debuffs are a nice addition to the Mentalist Framework
    Synergies well with Compassion and Seraphim :cool:

The Bad
    The Debuff numbers are a bit low
    Congress of Selves is a very squishy passive
    Because shared detonation -- its harder to build up debuff stacks.
    Master of the Mind is a super short duration and super squishy self-buff

Overall -- I've had fun with build. I'm running in support role and I like how well Seraphim and Compassion work with Mental Leech. I also swear I've seen Mental Leech hit "critcal" for heals.. which was a nice surprise. The debuffs do help -- but my sorcery toon is much stronger deuffer. It would be nice if the new mentalist powers debuffed as effectively.

I do like that I'm seeing people experimenting with the powers and finding ways to make them work. Ran with someone who able to spam a pretty decent amount of control on a manipulator build.. so that was fun.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We so need a wheelchair travel power now >_>
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    We so need a wheelchair travel power now >_>

Would most likely be a stance instead; be kinda weird to go from walking normally to instant wheelchair, just add mutant.