test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

For our new friends at Cryptic North:

jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
Somehow, this wound up in the wrong forum. My apologies.
"Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No,Jon, I do not think it did. I think this also belongs here. CO is based on CHAMPIONS and it's my opinion that the majority of the storyline is being ignored or, at best, severely watered down with these min-MEGA-Events. I think they should see this forum. They should see the PnP Material. They should have a nice sitdown with THUNDRAX since he could likely fill their ears with the wonders of Champions for quite some time.

No, Jon, I think this thread needs to exist. :wink:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    or they could go to the hero games site and see all the info over there.

except I don't seem to be able to get onto it.
    Marvel herogames.org comes up but not herogames.com
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    or they could go to the hero games site and see all the info over there.

except I don't seem to be able to get onto it.
    Marvel herogames.org comes up but not herogames.com

They've had multiple hard drive crashes. The site will be down until Saturday at the earliest.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's not hard to make lots of intriguing content in a superhero world.

Example that I can pull out of my behind:

A hermit has stumbled upon the Janus Key in a swamp in Vibora Bay. This has caught the attention of the supervillain group, The Devil's Advocates, and by chance, the vacationing villain group C.L.O.W.N.

Whoever gets ahold of it could twist reality into fiendish shapes (or balloon animals and cotton candy.)

Tadaa, 2 minutes of thought, a few hours of imagination, and several more hours of development.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Isn't that what they've been doing?
    Several hours of development and you get the Forum or the Harbinger.

Then people hate or dismiss the stuff anyway because is never enough.
    Its not a whole new game that they can get on Steam or the App Store everyday for $3.

Its the same old thing but now you have to work a little harder to get some small reward.

This is exactly like when your boss says "We are going to improve efficiency and communication.
    I want you to write down everything you do, at what time you do it, and how long it took you to do it and the full path of where you save the files. I'm going to pay you ten cents more an hour. You'll never see the raise because of taxes, but you know we appreciate your work.

The perceived rewards are too small to encourage breaking lazy routines and people end up finding other jobs where they are not tied down to extra repetitive and meaningless tasks.

The same happens in games, people seek another reward or place for people to hear them complain maybe.

They are translating our requests into content within the scope of the game and the data they have that says "People play like this, more than they play like that. Some players will piss a wicked hurricane if we change that but not if we introduce this. To the Dev Cave!"
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Isn't that what they've been doing?
    Several Months of development and you get the Forum or the Harbinger.

Then people hate or dismiss the stuff anyway because is temporary and broken..

The same happens in games, people seek another reward or place for people to hear them complain and when those legitimate problems never gets fixed the people who work on that game seek another place to work.

I Fixed it!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Let me make something *attempted innocent expression* I have an idea for a PvP area.

nice and simple, all you have to do is get out, with the other players is optional.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg