test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Your costuming pet peeves?

chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
I just saw one of mine in ren cen, so I figured I'd ask... What's your biggest costuming pet peeve? I've got a ton, but for some odd reason, the one that gets me the most? People with black hair (for example) and default brown eyebrows.

Anyone else? What screams "costuming noob" to you?
In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
dbnzfo.png
RIP Caine
Post edited by chalupaoffury on

Comments

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just saw one of mine in ren cen, so I figured I'd ask... What's your biggest costuming pet peeve? I've got a ton, but for some odd reason, the one that gets me the most? People with black hair (for example) and default brown eyebrows.

Anyone else? What screams "costuming noob" to you?

You wont like my old maths teacher then. He had black hair and his eyebrows where ginger and all this occurred NATURALLY! O.o"
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mine is not so much what people do, but what we can't do.

Which is simply use the normal goatee with half helmets. you can use those blasted Viking beards, but not the normal goatee. I even had it addressed in an ask cryptic and nothing ever came of it...sigh
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Then the tights materials are "metal" for no apparent reason (I think it looks different on low graphics and they can't tell).
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ottawa-RedBlacks-Featured.jpg

Not in general, but just those garish, wannabe-evil, "everything that can glow is bright red, max glow, else it's that deep, featureless black in the bottom left corner of the color picker" costumes. And like a dumb name for a CFL franchise from Ottawa, they should be referred to as REDBLACKS, all-caps, for maximum derp.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ottawa-RedBlacks-Featured.jpg

Not in general, but just those garish, wannabe-evil, "everything that can glow is bright red, max glow, else it's that deep, featureless black in the bottom left corner of the color picker" costumes. And like a dumb name for a CFL franchise from Ottawa, they should be referred to as REDBLACKS, all-caps, for maximum derp.

I do red and black and ima ?*%%ing adorable :D
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • jaguar40jaguar40 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, my pet peeve is hard to gather evidence for because it's an individual internal thing and maybe other factors.

My peeve is obvious rip offs. It screams no creativity at all from my view. But then again as I said, maybe it's creative in another way of getting the toon to look like a rip off. Or maybe a person dont have high level of creativity and just want to enjoy the game.

Even Picasso was considered a crap painter in his life time. Now it's sacrilege to even suggest a thing in high art circles.

But overall I dont give a crap how other people dress or what they wear. It's their toon. I aint paying their sub or creating their toon, thus who am I to dictate what they should or should not wear? Hell, in their eyes I might look goofy as hell to them while I think my costume is a master piece.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For me? It's colors.
    • Using only 2 colors
    • Even usage of colors over the whole outfit
    • Blindingly bright things or an overabundance of black - and trying to cancel out both by just using one of each of these categories certainly doesn't work any better for me.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In defense of colors- I got a new computer and when I got CO on my new machine, I was aghast- I went back and actually recolored and touched up all of my characters, because the quality of color wasn't nearly as good on my old machine and some of it looked like crap.

My costuming pet peeves are just the 'overkill' of things. It might be a personal thing, but I am just kind of baffled when I see BLADES AND SPIKES AND WINGS EVERYWHAR! I mean, it looks like it'd be inconvenient, like you'd get home and find random vines, string, and collected things stuck and tangled on your armor.

I kinda honestly blame CO for this, but the default body proportions are kinda borked for males. When I see someone hasn't touched it, I am kind of irked and just want to throw them into the tailor and fix them. Again, this is more CO's designer's fault (I do miss the old body type menu for those who wanted to save time) and not always on players- seeing all those sliders may be overwhelming at first.

Protip: Laugh if you want, but to get my proportions right when making a toon- I look like a goofball. Make the body, and I back up across the room to see how it looks from a distance. I've found that doing this actually helps get them within reasonable (or comic book) proportions.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I kinda get freaked out when I see 'more skin than costume' characters that are basically just creative strippers. I get more freaked out if I see this is someone playing a teen toon. Come on guys, give the lady a little respect (Because it's usually guys.)

The other thing that gets to me is the 'everything' toon. Samurai Commando Wizard Cyborg demons. I just kinda... I dunno. A combination of two things is awesome, any more than that takes away from it. I see a lot of these like, I dunno, ninjas with uzis and dragon wings and bionic arms. I just... walk away.
  • kharma23kharma23 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Clipping...clipping drives me crazy.

Just last night while adding a sci-fi skull cap to my retro sci-fi toon, I was unable to find a hairstyle that didn't clip like crazy with that head piece. The short hair I had to use just left the look...wanting. I had a sad. :(

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

My costuming pet peeves are just the 'overkill' of things. It might be a personal thing, but I am just kind of baffled when I see BLADES AND SPIKES AND WINGS EVERYWHAR! I mean, it looks like it'd be inconvenient, like you'd get home and find random vines, string, and collected things stuck and tangled on your armor.
    Folks, just because there's a slot available in your costume does not mean you have to stick something in it. It's just fine to make a toon who doesn't have Arm Accessories, Leg Accessories, a Tail, and/or Shoulder Pads.

And blades and spikes are not in and of themselves badass. Sometimes they just make you look like you got dressed in the dark.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I kinda honestly blame CO for this, but the default body proportions are kinda borked for males. When I see someone hasn't touched it, I am kind of irked and just want to throw them into the tailor and fix them. Again, this is more CO's designer's fault (I do miss the old body type menu for those who wanted to save time) and not always on players- seeing all those sliders may be overwhelming at first.

Yeah, I mean, I don't have any "pet peeves" because I really only care about how I can customize my character...but nearly every character I see are disproportioned and/or extremely large.
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, I mean, I don't have any "pet peeves" because I really only care about how I can customize my character...but nearly every character I see are disproportioned and/or extremely large.

That I see a lot. And I see people like Thundrax, for example- big dude, a lot more beefed up that my toon. His proportions are understandable, he's a really strong big guy and he needs to be ripped and big.

But then I see others that are just...

bLHOXJJ.jpg

About like that.

And there's no way they could move their arms, or walk around. It's just... I have no idea.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    Then the tights materials are "metal" for no apparent reason (I think it looks different on low graphics and they can't tell).

On my old tower, you couldn't see the metal shine unless you were in Nemcon. And the detail options on all objects didn't show up even in the tailor. So its fair to assume that people are on really bad computers when their costumes have annoying details on them. (still suffers from this)
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited June 2013
    I don't so much get bugged by other peoples' costumes, but when I'm designing my own, I get bugged by complexity. My Iris costumes tend to be pretty simplistic, both in terms of how many pieces and in terms of colors.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    One thing that bugs me is yellow hair. People try to make blonde characters, but give them yellow hair. It looks totally unnatural.

As far as huge ridiculous proportions, a lot of my characters have that going on (not all). Giant fists are punchier than your tiny little girl hands!
    biffsig.jpg
  • aceretrieveraceretriever Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not my hero, not my problem. I probably irk a lot of players with my heroes, but eh. ...Okay, there are some things that gets me:

1. Gratuitous wings, like they were slapped on "just because", or as a cheap attempt to look more "epic", evil, or angelic.

2. Cluttered outfits. That might be because I have a "less is more" mentality when it comes to making outfits. :P
    Champions: @ace112233
    edited June 2013
    One thing that bugs me is yellow hair. People try to make blonde characters, but give them yellow hair. It looks totally unnatural.

I see that a lot, too- and some other oddball 'obnoxious' color choices- and I think this might be a monitor issue with CO- like I said, I got a new comp and saw some of mine and was aghast.
    As far as huge ridiculous proportions, a lot of my characters have that going on (not all). Giant fists are punchier than your tiny little girl hands!

Nope! You didn't. I am gonna get real world science on you!

Small hands create a smaller point of impact and concentrate the force into a smaller area, thust maximizing the force and creating more damage. Larger hands spread out the force and do less.

Oh yes. I went there.

/me draws line in sand.
    edited June 2013
    I see that a lot, too- and some other oddball 'obnoxious' color choices- and I think this might be a monitor issue with CO- like I said, I got a new comp and saw some of mine and was aghast.

Nope! You didn't. I am gonna get real world science on you!

Small hands create a smaller point of impact and concentrate the force into a smaller area, thust maximizing the force and creating more damage. Larger hands spread out the force and do less.

Oh yes. I went there.

/me draws line in sand.

You're not accounting for the larger muscles propelling that fist forward. A fist twice the size with four times the muscle behind it is gonna wreck your face so much harder than the little girl hands. Kinda like someone standing in the middle of a street and getting hit by a basketball vs being hit by a Mack truck.

/crossed that line with great prejudice.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited June 2013
    You're not accounting for the larger muscles propelling that fist forward. A fist twice the size with four times the muscle behind it is gonna wreck your face so much harder than the little girl hands. Kinda like someone standing in the middle of a street and getting hit by a basketball vs being hit by a Mack truck.

While that may be the case, sir- you are forgetting that I am NOT discounting the muscles that propel the arm forward, only the size of the fist- we are in agreeance, however if we both construct a man of the same arm size with one having a smaller fist and another having a larger fist- the smaller would deal more damage.

/me makes the line clear and pushes Biff in the dirt on the other side of it.

Playground is MINE.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited June 2013
    Default CO body proportions. They're simply wrong, both males and females. Every time when I'm making new costume I have to tweak every slider and oversized hands and feet are the biggest offenders.

And since those are also default body shapes, I see it far too often (as probably only a small portion of players is annoyed by those).
    edited June 2013
    While that may be the case, sir- you are forgetting that I am NOT discounting the muscles that propel the arm forward, only the size of the fist- we are in agreeance, however if we both construct a man of the same arm size with one having a smaller fist and another having a larger fist- the smaller would deal more damage.

/me makes the line clear and pushes Biff in the dirt on the other side of it.

Playground is MINE.

So easily I could bully you and edit your post to say "Playground is BIFF'S!"

:biggrin:

Edit: I suppose I misspoke, then. I never make characters with giant hands but small arms. I should have really said that a man with giant arms and giant fists can do more damage than those tiny little hands.

But also also, large hands also mean larger guns and larger weapons. Those do more damage too.
    biffsig.jpg
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hate to be down on my old high school colors, but red and black overuse tends to make bad costume design worse. On the other hand, there are some pretty spiffy red and black costumes too.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Little hands!

/me draws line in sand.
    Big hands!

Oh boy, here we go.
    Fists, shmists! There's a reason why we say stuff like, "I'm gonna kick your butt!" or "I'm gonna break my boot off in[REDACTED]!".

Kicks > punches

/kicks sand on your line

RiderKick_zpscf1cbd9b.gif
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    edited June 2013
    I hate to be down on my old high school colors, but red and black overuse tends to make bad costume design worse. On the other hand, there are some pretty spiffy red and black costumes too.

Jesus, where did you get an education, Murder Morbid High?

I use Red and Black- I also use green, lighter greys, etc- I'm a fan of earth tones, and otherwise deep reds.

But I've seen some- especially with brighter reds and blackout-black... just... eh.
  • lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Batman's choice of costume color is probably why all 3 of the last 3 movies featuring that character bombed.

Who of course can forget the stunning success, by contrast, of the last Superman and Green Lantern films. I bet the colors had something to do with their success.

Hey what was the name of that hugely popular movie inspired by comics with superheroes dressed like Randy "Macho Man" Savage?
  • vizzonevizzone Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    One of my biggest pet peeves? Having my female characters' breast slider set to less than maximum distorts the chest insignia. Seriously, put on the Eyeball emblem, set your chest to minimum, and you've got a triangle.
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i want a red black costume contest
    edited June 2013
    Oh boy, here we go.
    Fists, shmists! There's a reason why we say stuff like, "I'm gonna kick your butt!" or "I'm gonna break my boot off in[REDACTED]!".

Kicks > punches

/kicks sand on your line

Kicks are for uneducated ladies.
    biffsig.jpg
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Ohhh, I know EXACTLY how you feel. But about red hair. Red hair, at least natural red hair, shouldn't look like something you stole it off a clown. It should not match fire engines. It should not cause blindness or glow in the dark.
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All the limitations put on the costume creator because of the belief of 'clipping is evil and bad and should never be seen' and such.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Kicks are for uneducated ladies.

Or, y'know, if you wanna be awesome.
    tumblr_lmclx2H0bS1qkm3xxo1_400.gif
  • artmanpweartmanpwe Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In defense of colors- I got a new computer and when I got CO on my new machine, I was aghast- I went back and actually recolored and touched up all of my characters, because the quality of color wasn't nearly as good on my old machine and some of it looked like crap.

Protip: Laugh if you want, but to get my proportions right when making a toon- I look like a goofball. Make the body, and I back up across the room to see how it looks from a distance. I've found that doing this actually helps get them within reasonable (or comic book) proportions.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I kinda get freaked out when I see 'more skin than costume' characters that are basically just creative strippers. I get more freaked out if I see this is someone playing a teen toon. Come on guys, give the lady a little respect (Because it's usually guys.)

The other thing that gets to me is the 'everything' toon. Samurai Commando Wizard Cyborg demons. I just kinda... I dunno. A combination of two things is awesome, any more than that takes away from it. I see a lot of these like, I dunno, ninjas with uzis and dragon wings and bionic arms. I just... walk away.

On the bold part, I hear ya. According to the body sliders, Blueprint is supposedly thin as a rail.
    (Hint: he isn't. In fact, he's quite normal looking)

As far as my peeves, I have become my peeves, using them as challenges for costume designs.

So, after the first 3 toons I made (which were based off my old comic book ideas; which were supposed to make me rich, famous and super-sexy to all women; which were, as I saw them, classic 80's superheroes), I created:

Zap: Who actually has good reason to wear metal spandex (besides showing off the best rear-end in the game)
    Second Hand: My head-to-toe clothed heroine that imho is sexier than any naked woman
    Her Shadow: My All-Left-Corner-Super-Black-Manga-Parody
    Blueprint: My Red-Black

So, I guess what I need to do next is to strike out into the accessory heavy field. I never thought about it actually.

Should be interesting.
    ...Since 2009.
    ArtManZupSig7_zps27j4ilyb.jpg
  • atringatring Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I suddenly want to make a Behemoth that looks by all appearances like a preteen, small and spindly but with freakishly large hands. I will call her Talk to the Hand...

Part of the problem since December, 2012.
  • artmanpweartmanpwe Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    atring wrote: »
    I suddenly want to make a Behemoth that looks by all appearances like a preteen, small and spindly but with freakishly large hands. I will call her Talk to the Hand...

Not, B****-Puddin'?!
    ...Since 2009.
    ArtManZupSig7_zps27j4ilyb.jpg
    edited June 2013

Or make it a dude named "My Original Final Fantasy Character, Bloud".
    edited June 2013
    Log, 19 June 2013. Renaissance Center, Millennium City, Michigan.

Maybe it was the stiff drink that got to me. Maybe it was the sleepless nights, the worry that someone was working against me, one step ahead. I watch the sun set, wondering when they would eventually disassemble the Qu'larr ship in the lake. That's when I see him.

Moving faster than anything human. Charging, head first. For a brief moment, I wonder if he's headed somewhere else. No, he's headed for me- a collision course where an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. I plant one foot behind me, ready to evade. My hand is on my sidearm, flicking the safety selector to fire. One round in the chamber, fifteen in the magazine.

I catch a glimpse of him. His eyes are a ablaze, a glowing red like the blazes of hell's brimstone. His hood covers his skulll, held in place with a pair of fearsome horns I might be digging out of my rib cage. His nostrils flare- and I question whether he's taking in the scent of me like some predator, or just simply breathing. He's built in a way like nothing I've seen- long arms, thick like a pine. Feet the size of a shoebox. First big enough to squeeze my head like a lemon while he drinks every sour drop of bad memories I have. He has wings, like some storybook devil- and he's not using them to fly... which tells me he's in this for the sport, the primal challenge of running down and mauling your prey. He's armed- sword, a relic from an age in fuedal Japan, and a PDW on his hip, most likely H&K MP7... he knows our ways of battle, how we kill, and he embraces it. He wants this intimate dance of blood and he's chosen me. Part of me is flattered, other parts afraid.

He stops a mere inch from my face. Those nostrils, still flaring. I can smell him- and he smells like the cold sweat from a fevered summer nightmare. He says nothing, does nothing. Seconds seem like an eternity. He stares into my eyes, and he's looking for something. He wants something I have He wants to confirm I am afraid, and I am. I am very afraid. He opens his mouth- and words, words like nothing I've every heard in a voice no man should every have, he says something- and it freezes me to the marrow.

'hey bro cool costume how u get shoudlers'

And then he backflips.
    edited June 2013
    artmanpwe wrote: »
    Not, B****-Puddin'?!

Maybe if I can come up with a rated-G version. :tongue:

• kharma23kharma23 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited June 2013

And then he backflips.

Awesome...and now you must continue to write Millenium City Moments. :wink:

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

Awesome...and now you must continue to write Millenium City Moments. :wink:

I've thought about it. That one was just right off the top of my head. I can't tell you how many times I've been standing there- I keep CO logged on a lot, and just idle while I do other things- all of a sudden... there's this guy, coming at me like a bat of hell and then he's like, all up in my face. He'll dart left to right, and then just... stare and ask me something like this.

Of note, don't do this in real life to women to compliment their dress. They will use pepper spray.
    edited June 2013
    kemmicals wrote: »
    Or, y'know, if you wanna be awesome.

That's not awesome, that's Superman 64.

Actually I lied, I do have a character that is "normal" proportions but with hand sliders maxed out. Her name is Ballista, and her bow shoots spears. :biggrin:

Answer: 90's costume set. Courtesy of Rob Liefeld.

/runaway
    biffsig.jpg
    edited June 2013
    It was just like any other day in the city. Clear skies, light air traffic, Caliga's victims flying past the Mexican border. I was sitting in my office directly under a canopy next to the tailor standing in the middle of a crowd of very spiky-looking people. It wasn't just their hairstyle that was spiky either. I'm pretty sure if I asked one to strip, their wedding tackle would be spiky, too. God, I feel terrible for their spouses.

Just then, I received a call for work by UNTIL. Seems Ripper was causing havoc with his buddies again. Those goombas never knew when to call it quits. The moment I arrived on the scene, I was greeted by my team for this gig. A particular member of this group struck me as a bit of an oddball; He was black with red bits all over, spikes out the wazoo and what looked to be cat ears on his head. Being a cat lady myself, the last bit didn't really come off as odd, but the rest of that ensemble looked like something out of a comedy flick. I just shrugged it off and went on with my business after the dust cleared.

As I get off of the plane from that mission, I got a face full of something I really wish i wouldn't see in my short life; A skinny old man wearing nothing but and adult diaper, a cape and sunglasses. He walked up to me. I could see every wrinkles and fold in his frame. You could tell by the way he walked that he meant business. I gulped... Hoping he wouldn't catch on to the fear that was gripping me at that moment. He got to about an inch away from me, his mouth gaping open and a hint of garlic in the air. Then, out of the silence, he said this:

Hey gurl wana ms behave wit me?

Then he backflipped away, never to be seen again.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I predict "Then he backflipped away" will quickly be a new CO meme.
    edited June 2013
    June 12, 2013. Club Caprice.

I've been down and out since she left. Still a committed man, but the urges I have brought me into this place. Maybe I was lookin' for somethin' I didn't feel right about. Maybe I was just lookin'.

That's when I saw her. Suckin' on a lollypop, swingin' her hips. If I could'a seen more skin, I'd have had to lay dollar bills down. It's when she stands up straight I get a look.

Those puppies of hers, size of my head and then some... might even have orbit. Shoulders strained to keep 'em up with that string bikini she'd managed to throw over those massive cans. Girl was ideal for sea ops... barrel chested, probably had the lung capacity of a cargo truck. Hips as big around as my ankle. Each leg was as tall as me and glistened in a sun that wasn't there. Hair was platinum blonde, glowin' and lightin' up my world.

She looks at me. I see her. That's when I go to speak, but she cuts me off.

Her voice sounds like it came from a neckbeard Alabama trucker. I smell onions, fish grease, and shame. She bellows out, spattering my face with foul-smelling spit and bits of meatloaf. Her words will haunt me for the rest of my days.

"f**k off i dont liek men im a lez"

And then she backflipped away.
    edited June 2013
    June 12, 2013. Club Caprice.

I've been down and out since she left. Still a committed man, but the urges I have brought me into this place. Maybe I was lookin' for somethin' I didn't feel right about. Maybe I was just lookin'.

That's when I saw her. Suckin' on a lollypop, swingin' her hips. If I could'a seen more skin, I'd have had to lay dollar bills down. It's when she stands up straight I get a look.

Those puppies of hers, size of my head and then some... might even have orbit. Shoulders strained to keep 'em up with that string bikini she'd managed to throw over those massive cans. Girl was ideal for sea ops... barrel chested, probably had the lung capacity of a cargo truck. Hips as big around as my ankle. Each leg was as tall as me and glistened in a sun that wasn't there. Hair was platinum blonde, glowin' and lightin' up my world.

She looks at me. I see her. That's when I go to speak, but she cuts me off.

Her voice sounds like it came from a neckbeard Alabama trucker. I smell onions, fish grease, and shame. She bellows out, spattering my face with foul-smelling spit and bits of meatloaf. Her words will haunt me for the rest of my days.

"f**k off i dont liek men im a lez"

And then she backflipped away.

It really should be illegal to have this much fun writing this stuff.
    edited June 2013
    Actually I lied, I do have a character that is "normal" proportions but with hand sliders maxed out. Her name is Ballista, and her bow shoots spears. :biggrin:

I'm jealous, now. I messed around with costumes for most of an hour and didn't like anything, though I did stumble on a costume that I liked for a different concept, but that's better discussed in the "annoying costume piece" thread, since it specifically hits about half a dozen of the pet peeves listed. :tongue:

Also, I did a little digging on this Liefeld, the Uwe Boll of comics, evidently, because I basically missed the '90s comics. I was in total agreement, until I saw that he created Deadpool. Then, I went and hid behind the couch and cried.

edited June 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Also, I did a little digging on this Liefeld, the Uwe Boll of comics, evidently, because I basically missed the '90s comics. I was in total agreement, until I saw that he created Deadpool. Then, I went and hid behind the couch and cried.

Liefeld gets a bad rap, and kinda deserves it. The guy's a moron and a bad artist. His writing sucks slightly less.

Deadpool gets a bad rap because recently he's been written terribly. But, in the character's defense- they've started writing Spiderman's personality the exact same way, but there's less nerd rage.

He used to be okay, never warranted his own title- was fun to have him thrown into a mix.
    edited June 2013
    Quite a misfire on the quote there, Cyber. :biggrin:
    biffsig.jpg
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, I'm a little corn-fused by that one.

edited June 2013
    Quite a misfire on the quote there, Cyber. :biggrin:

What are you talking about?
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited June 2013
This discussion has been closed.