test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fencing!

chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Suggestions Box
I, even as a martial artist, am frankly sick of having so many eastern combat styles. We have no european combat styles, outside of MAAAAAAAAAYBE heavy weapons, which to me really feels a lot more like "American hair metal music video" combat. So, I say something needs to be done about this. We need a fencing set.

The concept behind such a set would be pretty straight forward, and imo pretty unique. The idea I've had is that the set builds stacks of damage mitigation (let's call em deflection) like tk builds its stacks, scaling up to a pretty durable tank. Then, you can rupture said stacks to do a bit spike of damage, using an ultimate attack.

The set would obviously have to be fairly mobile, involving powers like a reverse lunge that builds more defense, a normal lunge, and a super lunge that does a farily high spike of damage (and potentially comes with defense penetration or -resistance). Other powers could include an aoe cone of thrusts, a "Disarm" that debuffs your target's damage for a few seconds, and a "Second wind" active that sets your equilibrium high while giving you a mild health regen.

Thoughts?
In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
dbnzfo.png
RIP Caine
Post edited by chalupaoffury on

Comments

• Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you mean like this

Most of the powers I put up for suggestion got their names from Fencing terms, even the new Rupture that I suggested comes from a Fencing term. Zornhau comes from German Longsword Fencing.
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How about we get Bartitsu and Queensbury Rules Boxing? Both of those would be popular with the steampunk crowd and we could have some new weapon skins from history like the Lead-Core Walking Stick, the weaponised Umbrella and Parasol and most important of all the Stiletto-Hatpin! (the latter changed the course of history! And resulted in some of America's first ever government regulation of weapons!)
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As in the previous thread mentioned by thebuckeye...

Yes! Please!!!

also

/signed

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)