test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Revamp Difficulty Suggestion

rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Suggestions Box
My theory is that Difficulty in the past actually was more balanced then it is today after on alert so it wasn't changed hence hearing some people think Elite is too easy, well along with that Difficult Difficulty doesn't have any difference from Normal I thought of a simple adjustment that I think would make difficulty a better selection,

[*]Normal - No Change
    [*]Difficult - Use the Dangerous Buff.
    [*]Hard - Use the Lethal Buff.
    [*]Very Hard - Use the Elite Buff.
    [*]Elite - Use what I like to call "Tough' or 'Extreme' Buff, basically like the others stacking on one another as your increment this would give you the same variables as Elite but also change all AI, Henchmen and Villans alike from standard status to Tough variants and a optional bonus add 1+ Level to all AI per additional team mate present in instance, so if you're lvl 40 it's vs Tough lvl 40's you have a team of 2 it's vs lvl 41 Tough opponents etc, giving you a nice challenging play while also giving nice rewards while doing it, as for Bosses, if they're Weak Variant upgrade to Standard, if Standard upgrade to Tough. Recommended with a Good team and the Best of the Beat Builds. x3

What do you think? Will this Revamp give better playability for Missions and additional adjustments? Makes more sense to me.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
    Post edited by rtma on

Comments

• vincyrevincyre Posts: 88 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Here's the problem though...you can make the mobs have as much health, avoidance, damage, etc. as you want, but it won't make combat tougher or more interesting for the people complaining that combat is too easy.

The mobs not only need to be harder, but there has to be some kind of strategy aside from just mindlessly hitting your AoE attack button. There's no healer mobs, no mobs with any real decent crowd control, none that give their allies a significant buff, etc.
    • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      vincyre wrote: »
      The mobs not only need to be harder, but there has to be some kind of strategy aside from just mindlessly hitting your AoE attack button. There's no healer mobs, no mobs with any real decent crowd control, none that give their allies a significant buff, etc.

VIPER has a fair share of those: Brickbusters, Squad Leaders and Tartrappers
      Argent has the Combat Engineers and Counteragents. Stronghold Guards also have equivalents to those.
      The Karkaradons have the Harvesters and Hammerheads.
      There are the Trey Kings Flayers and their Horrors counterpart, the Regal Fiends.

To get to the point: Some factions do have classes that are there to weaken or simply to annoy their enemies.
      But still, most factions have nothing but damage dealers.
    • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Its not about making the content harder, but making the non stupid high damage powers more engaging and fun to use.

#Telepathy Now?
    • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      You can make the game as hard as you like.
      Simply do not go running to the powerhouse or power up widget every level and do not slot or update your gear.

Take the shortcut through the mall alert to level 40 Vibora Bay at any lowbie level...instant difficulty.

Aggro everything. I dont' seem to ever have a problem biting off more than I can chew.
      On Elite I can piss off enough of a level 16 missions to grind a level 40 scourge down to 20% health if I don't stop to waste them all as I go. Its almost as exciting as Neverwinter fights.
    • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Sorry for even trying...
      Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."