test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Serpent Lantern Is Real!?!?!?

jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/13/brighton-resident-discovers-vortex-to-another-dimension-3757346/
We all know what we need to do here, people!
Contact the Major!
Fuel up the Supper Jet!

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
Post edited by jorifice1 on

Comments

• Options
    cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/13/brighton-resident-discovers-vortex-to-another-dimension-3757346/
    We all know what we need to do here, people!
    Contact the Major!
    Fuel up the Supper Jet!

Can I pre-order bacon wrapped bacon as my in-flight meal?

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Um. Uh. What.
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can I pre-order bacon wrapped bacon as my in-flight meal?

Ogods, that reminds me. At the laundromat the other day, idly watching Man Vs. Food.......saw the ultimate snack. Bacon wrapped tater tots. Covered in cheese.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    Ogods, that reminds me. At the laundromat the other day, idly watching Man Vs. Food.......saw the ultimate snack. Bacon wrapped tater tots. Covered in cheese.
    OMG, that sounds amazing.

I went and ate one of the burgers he had- the 'Double Coronary Bypass' at the Vortex. SO GOOD.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When The Argus Contacted Brighton And Hove City Council They Said They Would Not Be Following Up The Claim.

Gee Ya Think?
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If only this one person can see the "portal", it does seem a bit fishy, don't you think?
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really don't understand where the "joke" here is, since i can't see anything on that picture. So its like posting a picture of a Blue Sky and write that you see a Klingon Invasion or whatever.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beldin wrote: »
    I really don't understand where the "joke" here is, since i can't see anything on that picture. So its like posting a picture of a Blue Sky and write that you see a Klingon Invasion or whatever.

The joke is that someone saw what he believed was portal to another dimension in that street. Some time later, he still saw it in the same place, with a snake-like thing comming out of it.
    And he actually reported what was likely just a hallucination of his to the autorities. They ignored him, of course.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The joke is that someone saw what he believed was portal to another dimension in that street. Some time later, he still saw it in the same place, with a snake-like thing comming out of it.
    And he actually reported what was likely just a hallucination of his to the autorities. They ignored him, of course.

But there is no joke in that at all. If there was a picture posted where you can maybe see something like that with good imagination .. ok .. but else everyone can tell whatever he wants.

Hey .. i just looked out of my window and saw Superman flying there .. and now i saw Green Lantern ... hahah .. isn't that a joke ? No .. it isn't.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beldin wrote: »

Sorry. The point was that this wasn't a joke at all. Someone really believes this, enough so that they actually called the police over it and an actual News Paper was desperate enough for something to print that they covered it. And a website was so desperate for content that they covered the newspaper coverage.
    Its a "Dumb S&@t People Do" type post of a particularly weird variety. That just happens to bear a slight resemblance to some things from the Serpent Lantern. The fact that a misprint on my part allowed Cellarat to spin it into a discussion of all things Bacon only makes it that much funnier.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2013
    Person wrote:
    I would have investigated further but I was concerned my little dog would be sucked into it.

Favorite line.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not actually the Serpent Lantern - it's the beginning of a crossover.

On the STO forums, someone suggested that to celebrate the formal release of NW, there should be a massive crossover event among all the games, with things like Shadow Destroyer attacking Neverwinter and Tal'Shiar on the streets of Millennium City.

What you're seeing there is the opening of a Devidian portal; unfortunately, they accidentally opened it to our world instead of CO. I'm sure they figured it out after sending an ophidian probe through to check things out...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see the portal just fine, you plebs.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've had It with these Mother****ing Snakes in this Mother****ing portal!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Sorry. The point was that this wasn't a joke at all. Someone really believes this, enough so that they actually called the police over it and an actual News Paper was desperate enough for something to print that they covered it. And a website was so desperate for content that they covered the newspaper coverage.
    Its a "Dumb S&@t People Do" type post of a particularly weird variety. That just happens to bear a slight resemblance to some things from the Serpent Lantern. The fact that a misprint on my part allowed Cellarat to spin it into a discussion of all things Bacon only makes it that much funnier.

Maybe my english is just to bad to get it .. but i also REALLY saw Superman flying around here .. and i called the police when Green Lantern followed him .. so .. can anyone please make a thread about that ?
    R607qMf.jpg