test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lovecraftian Costume Set

battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Suggestions Box
I've seen several excellent characters based on parts of H.P. Lovecrafts Mythos from time to time and i was thinking...

The Lovecraftian Mythos is perhaps the largest contribution of American horror authors to the genre impacting science fiction, fantasy, comic books and more.

Lovecrafts works are now Public Domain. Already used by everyone from original series Star Trek to Hellboy to countless low-budget films the world over. So there should be no legal troubles.

Currently it's possible to make some of Lovecrafts creatures in champions, i've seen Cthulhu, Deep-Ones and several excellent Night-Gaunts, but i think that a Lovecraft costume set could give us some excellent parts.

Fungoid wings, crabclaw hands, crabclaw feet, Mi-Go head, vestigial limbs (a great way of getting round the multiple arm problem and great for making insectoid or crustaceous heros and villains), Globular parts (great for shapechangers and those using blob type travel powers), writhing back tentacles, tentacles arms and legs (great for aliens and shapechangers).
the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
Post edited by battybattybats on

Comments

• fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oooh, this actually sounds rather neat. I do like me some abyssal horror from beyond this world.

Sign me up!
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I had so much fun being Lovecraft here.
    Playing Howard I got a sense that HPL as super hero team leader would make an awesome cartoon series.
    However I don't think adding more monster costumes will add anymore super hero feeling to the game.
    Feels pretty silly 'fighting crime' as a great old one or primordial evil.

Costume_iteamalot_Howard+Lovecraft_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_368900552.jpgCostume_iteamalot_Vermis+Mysteriis_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_418799120.jpg

screenshot_2011-08-02-18-02-21.jpg
  • cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I had so much fun being Lovecraft here.
    Playing Howard I got a sense that HPL as super hero team leader would make an awesome cartoon series.
    However I don't think adding more monster costumes will add anymore super hero feeling to the game.
    Feels pretty silly 'fighting crime' as a great old one or primordial evil.

True, but it would be nice for making Lovecraftian nemeses.

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    2587778i?
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There are references to the Lovecraftian lore in Champions. What do you think inspired the Elder Worms and the Bleak Ones? :biggrin:
    There's also the Kings of Edom and Ao'qephoth.

Still, /signed for more weird monster costume pieces.