test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher Issue is Back

mog555mog555 Posts: 95 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PC & Technical Issues
Just early today and my launcher just won't start it, nothing but Not responding function message

Anyone else got such issue?

This issue normally happen on Thursday when there are an empty patch coming, or you can say during empty there is a pretty good chance for it to show up though................
Post edited by mog555 on

Comments

• idvinoyaidvinoya Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am having the same issue. HAve you fixed it?
  • mog555mog555 Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    idvinoya wrote: »
    I am having the same issue. HAve you fixed it?

Pretty sure, it's a No on the same day

But this issue normally fix on it own. If I remembered its just after the server restart. But few will take longer to be fix
  • thunderchild99thunderchild99 Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    same issue here. Sigh.
  • dx230dx230 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's not our PCs, its their servers.:confused:
  • lazarusreturnzlazarusreturnz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Getting the same issue as well. Worked last night and this morning I am getting the following;

Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical Support.

Internet works fine, so I'm assuming we are having the same problems that we had in January.
  • hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Maintenance isn't done yet. That's why. They're banging away on the server hamsters right now to get them working again.
  • elertayelertay Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And does the maintenance will result in a functional launcher ? Because since like 4-5 months, the launcher won't charge up on Steam and we have to replace the .exe of the launcher... :/
  • c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Maintenance isn't done yet. That's why. They're banging away on the server hamsters right now to get them working again.

Nope, this is a regular bug that pops up every so often. using downloading the exe fixes it, but this time it hasn't for me.
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jrmcjr69jrmcjr69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am still having this problem.
    any solutions/ fixes yet?
  • mog555mog555 Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I already fixed, aka Auto Fix on it own.

So the only thing I can say is not the connection but the server itself.
  • skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I also have this issue... not happy considering i just reloading on zen. I guess i found out the new "hoop" crpytic added to keep lockboxes interesting

Buy keys, spend hours farming for lockboxes. on top of that, not be allowed to play because providing a fair service after takings someones money would be pointless!
  • bumbaclaartbumbaclaart Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The problem with opening the launcher fixes itself after trying again and again and again and then when the launcher finally does appear it gets stuck at connecting when trying to patch, huehuehuehue im glad ive never given cryptic my money and I am also glad that now I know not to. See you in bankruptcy :wink:.
  • zer303606zer303606 Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    im having this problem now.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2013
    zer303606 wrote: »
    im having this problem now.

What exact issue? Does the patcher not load?
  • mercurialmmercurialm Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't know if this is related, but I am a returning player also having issues with the launcher. It tries to connect, then gives me a message "Cryptic Game Launcher Has Stopped Working - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly." I re-verified the game files through Steam and got the same error. Any idea what this could be?
  • flunkusflunkus Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It says the same thing with me and i have no idea what to do...:frown:
  • saramc33saramc33 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey there, new player here! I just finished the download for the game, and after looking through the forums, this seems to be the problem I am having. When I click the CO icon, I get a dialogue box saying "Trying to update launcher." then after a few moments I get a message saying on of two things; "The patch client got a message while it was in a state of no response function," or " Unable to establish a connection to the patch server. Please check your internet conection." I dont believe it's my internest connection. If anyone has some suggestions for a new player it would be greatly appreciated. :) Haven't yet been able to access the game.
    Thanks,
    Sara
  • eviltibeviltib Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Having the same problem as well saramc33 I just installed the game today and it keeps popping up with the dialog box after 2 tries of failing and says unable to establish connection.
    edited April 2013
    eviltib wrote: »
    Having the same problem as well saramc33 I just installed the game today and it keeps popping up with the dialog box after 2 tries of failing and says unable to establish connection.

Unfortunately I still haven't found a solution. I'm hoping it fixes on it's own eventually, though I would really like to check out the game soon!!
  • leafersonleaferson Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm getting a horrible problem as well. I was playing the game at 6 in the morning today EST. When I got home at around this time, It says it was patching, but it's not. It's just... stuck there. I hope the people here can tell us what's up... I wanna play badly. x_x
  • xangelarcxxangelarcx Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi guys,
    CO has stopped working for me completely I'm afraid and nothing seems to fix it.
    My laptop is more than capable of running the game at full spec, I was playing only the day before yesterday. Now however, when I log on (which works perfectly) and click 'play' the screen goes black. It then flickers black for a moment, before minimizing back to the home screen.
    After right clicking the icon on the task bar and clicking on 'game client', I get a popup that says it cannot find the required files. I thought this might have been a simple error but it happens every time. I checked my firewall etc but that didn't resolve the issue. The popup suggested re-downloading the game, which I did from PW's site rather than through steam as before, but the same message is occurring.
    I apologise for posting this here, it seemed the most relevant thread and I cannot (despite being active for roughly two years now?) create threads myself. I hope I haven't wasted anyone's time.

Thanks again
    ~AngelArcX

p.s. my system has an NVIDEA GT630m graphics card, 8 core processors? (I have no idea about pcs but my friend tells me I have 8 of some kind of important bit of hardware. so I think this is the bit that makes it go faster), 8GB RAM and 1TB harddrive.
  • prootwaddleprootwaddle Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A thing to remember with the launcher issue.

If you go into the installation directory for Champions Online you can actually find the CO executable so you can run it directly.

Look at C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Champions Online\Live for example and run the GameClient.exe instead of the launcher.

Superhero stories, done well, are about modern archetypes.

A Prootwaddle is one of the weirder player-character races in "The Fantasy Trip", Steve Jackson's first published role-playing game.
    edited May 2013
    A thing to remember with the launcher issue.

If you go into the installation directory for Champions Online you can actually find the CO executable so you can run it directly.

Look at C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Champions Online\Live for example and run the GameClient.exe instead of the launcher.

Cant seem to find GameClient.exe, after Live it takes me to piggs.
  • xangelarcxxangelarcx Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi guys,
    I have no idea what was wrong but it seems to have fixed itself. Maybe it had something to do with that last patch? All working again at least :tongue:
  • boulderaineboulderaine Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, mine still says "attempting to connect to patch server". I can't imagine this is a draw to the game. My son and I are new to Champions Online. Does this happen often?
  • sparklemuffinsparklemuffin Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, mine still says "attempting to connect to patch server". I can't imagine this is a draw to the game. My son and I are new to Champions Online. Does this happen often?

It's an issue they're in the process of fixing. I can't speak for others, but I've been playing since February and this is only the second time I've encountered the problem at all, and both times they were fixed within a matter of hours.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is exactly what the problem looks like.

launchfail-001.jpg

Except it tries 3 times and then fails to bring up the login screen. Instead, I see the popup that says - Unable to establish connection to Patch Server - except that I can test my speed at Speakeasy Speed Test and I can pin the needle every time.

Anyway, I know this stuff happens from time-to-time, it's I just hope it gets fixed before the weekend is over. If not, it's not the end of the world.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • sparklemuffinsparklemuffin Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is exactly what the problem looks like.

launchfail-001.jpg

Except it tries 3 times and then fails to bring up the login screen. Instead, I see the popup that says - Unable to establish connection to Patch Server - except that I can test my speed at Speakeasy Speed Test and I can pin the needle every time.

Anyway, I know this stuff happens from time-to-time, it's I just hope it gets fixed before the weekend is over. If not, it's not the end of the world.

Champions Online
    44 minutes ago
    Hello Everyone - We are still working to resolve the downtime issue, though unfortunately we are still unable to provide a concrete ETA. We will continually post updates until the issue is resolved.

That's from their face book page. I've gotten the launcher to work, though the server itself is still down. Just be patient, it looks like they're making progress.
  • ronceray420ronceray420 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Champions Online
    44 minutes ago
    Hello Everyone - We are still working to resolve the downtime issue, though unfortunately we are still unable to provide a concrete ETA. We will continually post updates until the issue is resolved.

That's from their face book page. I've gotten the launcher to work, though the server itself is still down. Just be patient, it looks like they're making progress.

(still down and its 9:46 gmt)
    edited May 2013
    Im still having my same issue. Tries to update launcher, but says its unable to establish a conenction to the patch server. Been almost a week since I downloaded the game and cannot access it.
  • szateszhunszateszhun Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    omg ggggggggghgsqwertzuiop?,ljkhfa
  • silviumcsilviumc Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't update the launcher as well.

Any fixes for this?
  • kingchaotickingchaotic Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cant play, because the launcher dont works fine....

launcher run, but dont actualize himself .__.)
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, can't start launcher. It updated itself and promptly would not connect afterwards.