What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Exclusive: Champions Online challenges players to take on the Forum Malvanum

Comments

• Options
    lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Is that what you call that? You have an odd view of "constructive." Usually when people call someone "thin-skinned" they mean it as an insult.

Nope, it was meant to be constructive, much like how telling someone not to be so uptight about something can be seen as constructive by one person and an insult by another. I can't be blamed if you see it as an insult nor do I have to care. :biggrin:

Usually

How do you know this is how it's usually used? Maybe in your experience but not mine. I don't have any stats to back that up so I won't say that is how it "usually" is used but if you have some to back up your assertion, I'll be more than happy to look at it. :wink:
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lestylo wrote: »
    Nope, it was meant to be constructive,

Bull.
    How do you know this is how it's usually used? Maybe in your experience but not mine. I don't have any stats to back that up so I won't say that is how it "usually" is used but if you have some to back up your assertion, I'll be more than happy to look at it. :wink:

Every time I see it, it's usually done as someone attempting to gild their or their buddy's antagonistic behavior in gold. But it's still bull**** all the same.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Bull.

Again, you don't have to believe me. If assuming someone has evil intentions for you via their comments on a message board floats your boat, then so be it. Stay mad...or not. Whatever makes you happy. :biggrin:

Every time I see it, it's usually done as someone attempting to gild their or their buddy's antagonistic behavior in gold. But it's still bull**** all the same.

Every time? Oh dear. Are you sure? Or maybe they have good intentions and you think those intentions are bull (like in this case) and thus assume they really have evil intentions when they don't? I mean, are you sure? :eek: :confused:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Again, you don't have to believe me. If assuming someone has evil intentions for you via their comments on a message board floats your boat, then so be it. Stay mad...or not. Whatever makes you happy. :biggrin:

Every time? Oh dear. Are you sure? Or maybe they have good intentions and you think those intentions are bull (like in this case) and thus assume they really have evil intentions when they don't? I mean, are you sure? :eek: :confused:

You're defending this:
    hocofaisan wrote: »
    Reminds me of Toddlers

Tell me again how much of a wonderful, noble person you are again. My Bull****-o-meter only goes to 10 and you're cranking well past that with your present trolling.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    You're defending this:

Tell me again how much of a wonderful, noble person you are again. My Bull****-o-meter only goes to 10 and you're cranking well past that with your present trolling.

I already commented on that. Read carefully. If that is truly a poor comment, how is that any different than calling me a piece of work and making assumptions about how my parents would regard me and calling me a troll? Unless the former was a compliment and constructive criticism in which case, thank you for being such a wonderful gentleman, but the latter is pretty indefensible. Sure it is a lame insult and I expected more scathing insults from the god of hellfire but indefensible nonetheless. Unless it's only bad when other people do it but okay when you do? Maybe he's not expressing the right opinion about the game as well? Your Bull****-o-meter can go to 100 (invest in a real one and stop using kiddie ones that only go to 10) but it doesn't change the fact that you are sounding like a hypocrite now. However you're entitled to do that, but I don't have to regard you seriously. :cool:

That said, trolling. Ahh there's that word again. Again, it seems that anything a person does not like is automatically trolling, despite trolling requiring the intentions of the person doing the trolling to be obvious and I can assure you, I am not trolling. :wink:

That said you never did answer my questions or provide proof of your assertions. My feelings are hurt. :(
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I already commented on that. Read carefully. If that is truly a poor comment, how is that any different than calling me a piece of work and making assumptions about how my parents would regard me and calling me a troll? Unless the former was a compliment and constructive criticism in which case, thank you for being such a wonderful gentleman, but the latter is pretty indefensible. Sure it is a lame insult and I expected more scathing insults from the god of hellfire but indefensible nonetheless. Unless it's only bad when other people do it but okay when you do? Maybe he's not expressing the right opinion about the game as well?

I'm using my civil forum voice. If I went full blown on my human thesaurus capabilities here and tore loose on you and listed of each and every specificity of what I thought of you, I'd very much likely get banned from this forum.
    Your Bull****-o-meter can go to 100 (invest in a real one and stop using kiddie ones that only go to 10) but it doesn't change the fact that you are sounding like a hypocrite now. However you're entitled to do that, but I don't have to regard you seriously. :cool:

Declaring someone a hypocrite because you got called on your crap is the last refuge the troll.
    That said, trolling. Ahh there's that word again. Again, it seems that anything a person does not like is automatically trolling, despite trolling requiring the intentions of the person doing the trolling to be obvious and I can assure you, I am not trolling. :wink:

Golden Girl thought winkies made everything okay too. That didn't make her any less of a troll.

You're giggling and baiting as you gleefully defend a very obvious insult to the community. I'm pretty sure that's trolling unless they changed the definition recently.
    That said you never did answer my questions or provide proof of your assertions. My feelings are hurt. :(

I'm pretty sure Exhibit 1 readily available in this thread was evidence enough.
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    PLCVBJX4TBPYBVAHCXJS74J2OB7B4HVP.jpeg?1318992465

I'll let you two decide which is which.
    edited March 2013
    I'm using my civil forum voice. If I went full blown on my human thesaurus capabilities here and tore loose on you and listed of each and every specificity of what I thought of you, I'd very much likely get banned from this forum.

Oh dear. Having this much hatred for someone you don't even know can't be healthy for you.

Declaring someone a hypocrite because you got called on your crap is the last refuge the troll.

I didn't realize trolling had such rules. Maybe you're an expert at it? That said we must be reading different posts. You claimed it's bad when someone makes what you consider an insult but then feel it's okay to hurl insults at other people yourself. If that's not being a hypocrite, well, I suggest deferring to your human thesaurus capabilities.

Golden Girl thought winkies made everything okay too. That didn't make her any less of a troll.

Who the hell is Golden Girl? Your imaginary friend? And I'm adding smilies (who calls them winkies?) because they are fun. Posting should be fun after all. :tongue:

You're giggling and baiting as you gleefully defend a very obvious insult to the community. I'm pretty sure that's trolling unless they changed the definition recently.

I will admit, I am giggling, but not because I am trolling you but rather at the absurdity of your comments and reactions and how all this is proving my point. :redface:

I'm pretty sure Exhibit 1 readily available in this thread was evidence enough.

This is where I put my epidemiologist hat on. One example is not good enough by itself, especially when said evidence is contestable. It doesn't really prove anything.

And as I promised, this is where the rap breaks down: My point is, if his comment is bad, then calling people trolls, assuming they are wearing rose-tinted glasses is bad, assuming they had some sort of odd upbringing or making assumptions about their parents is bad, mocking someone's optimism is bad, and so on and so on.

Personally, I don't think it's all that bad. Unfair, certainly, sweeping and possibly wrong, sure. Reckless and careless, okay, but so bad that is should not be said? Nah. He was making a comparison. A better response is to call him out on how unfair the comment is rather than saying it should not be said at all while other similarly personal comments are tossed about without anyone saying anything for whatever reason or possibly because they have the "right" opinion attached to them.

Or you can continue to assume that anyone who says anything you don't like is trolling. Don't worry , I won;t judge. :wink:

So you see, I wasn't trolling. I indeed was trying to be constructive and I did mean all that I was saying. In short, you owe me an apology, but don't worry, I won't hold my breath. :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    PLCVBJX4TBPYBVAHCXJS74J2OB7B4HVP.jpeg?1318992465

I'll let you two decide which is which.

I've always seen myself as a kawaii little girl. This beard makes it hard but I get by. :biggrin:
  • Options
    cutter187cutter187 Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    For what it's worth I've never understood why an obvious troll would go so far to defend it's trolling as anything other than what it is but maybe that's all part of the trolling. The smilies at the end of your posts makes it pretty clear you're getting a huge flame boner from what you write.
    edited March 2013
    On the subject of Golden Girl (or GG as she was known) was an infamous person on the City of Heroes forums (both US, EU and combined).

She had some...interesting...views on things (one could call her a Straw feminist really) and she put winkie smiley faces after everything she wrote to put some of her rather more..obnoxious points over without them coming across as obnoxious, which is what your detractor is talking about.

Golden Girl was banned from the US CoH forum, ended up on the EU CoH forum then reintroduced to the US community when the two forums were merged.

This has been your City of Heroes forum history lesson for today.

Tomorrow I'll go into great depths about how the word used for cone attacks (Freem) in Champions Online originated as an April fools joke in City of Heroes.

Tune in same bat time, same bat channel!
  • Options
    malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    drmechano wrote: »

Tomorrow I'll go into great depths about how the word used for cone attacks (Freem) in Champions Online originated as an April fools joke in City of Heroes.

Tune in same bat time, same bat channel!

I remember that!
    Funny how we sorta have that now, especially with the Halloween noise maker.
  • Options
    cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited March 2013

^^^This.^^^ I've quit reading his posts because the blind optimism contained therein simply blows my mind. I just wish I could figure out how to "ignore" specific posters like we could in Ye Olden Forums. :rolleyes:

I am a bittervet, but I enjoy John's posts.

On occasion, His interpretation of events is different from mine, but I don't find him to be a knee-jerk, happy face, CO-can-do-no-wrong , blind optimist.

John is more of a contrarian. That lone voice in the mob saying, 'Um... Are you sure that's a good idea?'

Of course, he did turn me into a newt...

I got better!

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
  • Options
    vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    To paraphrase Hancock: All of you people, who asked for vehicles...you're all idiots.

In all seriousness though...I wish they would just let vehicles be vehicles...as in another form of travel...and stop making events around vehicles.
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • Options
    embracemyswordembracemysword Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Vehicle events are annoying, i agree. People built up their toons to actually use them.
    I could be playing a mech - mmo if i wanted to be a tank. I play arma, if i want to become a jet... But i play CO because i want to be a superhero, is this too hard to understand? There is only space for one temporary mission at a time? Then how about you plan on not making those your no.1 development priority in the first place? The sky carrier mission did not disappear, can we "rotate it back to where it came from"? Since nobody is playing such an incomplete, unbalanced /buggy mission anyway? There's many other things you could have been working on instead, such as costume sets, power sets, hideout expansions, comic series, lair reviews, telepathy, travelpowers, weapon skins, aura slots, cosmic boss review, a new zone... etc.

Vehicles as travelpowers is what we wanted. Not a game entirely and only revolving around sitting in a tank/jet because our powers aren't "enough" (it is depressing, we are supposed to be champions, not nascar drivers).

... please, dear cryptoids~ stop doing this to your own game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    No he's right. It's in lockboxes, along with Legion gear. You're the one being a tad delusional, and wrong.

enu7y.gif

Historically, many things on the PTS have historically come over as-is with lockboxes being unchanged from their PTS versions to their live versions. If they dramatically changed that lockbox, it would be the first time that was done. Inferences about % chance numbers being manipulated by time (i.e.: best odds are when the patch goes live, then Cryptic secretly reduces the chances of the jackpots) are based on observed evidence, but it's still kind of speculative. However speculation based on history is stronger than speculation which is not based on history.

I copied a character with 75 keys to the PTS today, and farmed the new Lockboxes to see what's inside - or rather; which of the six unavailable Gladiator costume pieces are not in them!

Aside from a bunch of mods, Resource Boosts and Crafting Skill-Ups, this is what I got so far:

* [Mercenary's Helmet of Energy]
    * [Legion's Breastplate of Elusiveness]
    * [Become Mummy]

That's right, Become Mummy! Obviously, the actual loot table of that box is still a placeholder. If Cryptic doesn't change it, the player base is in for quite a few WTF moments! :rolleyes:

I'll try the experiment again after the next Test server update. :wink:
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    BTW, I made a thread about that new Lockbox on the PTS forum. If you like the Gladiator costume pieces, you should read it. Seriously.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=215161
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Or you can continue to assume that anyone who says anything you don't like is trolling. Don't worry , I won;t judge. :wink:

So you see, I wasn't trolling. I indeed was trying to be constructive and I did mean all that I was saying. In short, you owe me an apology, but don't worry, I won't hold my breath. :biggrin:
    cutter187 wrote: »
    For what it's worth I've never understood why an obvious troll would go so far to defend it's trolling as anything other than what it is but maybe that's all part of the trolling. The smilies at the end of your posts makes it pretty clear you're getting a huge flame boner from what you write.

See? Even someone else recognizes that you're trolling.

Case closed. Go back under your bridge.
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    keikomyst wrote: »
    Pfff. You don't need dual superspeeds.

What you need is Acro/Athletics + Swinging. THAT was epic.

At that time i really expected that we could see that at some point as a new TP in the store,
    but that was of course before we got Vehicles and nothing else anymore :frown:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You can still do Acro+Swing.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Holy fvcking fvckity fvck fvcks.

You've got to be fvcking kidding me right?

"Cryptic, we want cars and bikes."

"Here's a jet. It can shoot things and completely negates the game and characters you've made."

"Uhh... oh well, missions will be easier."

"Yeah, we're going to nerf the offensive capabilities to uselessness. And give you an alert for them that requires lots of killing because we're removing the ability to use them anywhere else."

"Well at least they're fast as hell."

"Yeah, we're going to slow them down. Also? Here's a race alert."

Seriously?

I'm done. You guys are dicks or completely retarded.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    See? Even someone else recognizes that you're trolling.

Case closed. Go back under your bridge.

Nah, again that proves nothing. That simply reinforces what I said before: People will call anything they don't like trolling. If they can't wrap their mind around it or dislike what that person is saying, they call him or her a troll, which is ridiculous. Even more so now, if they don't like how they are doing things, we call them a troll. That is something I've noticed around here. If someone is positive about the game, we call them a troll, despite feeling free to critisize the game without problem. If someone is critical of people on here, we call them trolls, but it's A-ok to bash people for being positive about the game or bash groups of people who are positive about the game. If someone posts with a lot of smileys, we have no problem with that (as other posters have done before and some with obvious sarcasm, regardless of how biting it is) but the minute someone expresses a viewpoint we dislike, it's trolling. We do stuff like this and expect people to take us seriously when we actively try to censor dissenting opinion and do so without actual discussion. It seems pretty hypocritical to me. I feel that nothing will come of our constant (and deserved and necessary) complaints because people aren't organized and people are willing to act like what I was talking about. Instead we just want people to shut up and want every discussion to be a circlejerk of hate instead of something useful. I'm all for people disagreeing but I can't stand censorship and cyber-bullying, which is what this amount to in the end. Maybe this is why I come here every few days. It makes someone's head spin. It's kind of sad that instead, we just shrug our shoulders and think "lol CO forums". It's sad that this is it's reputation which makes me wonder about the devs and what they think of us and how this affects interaction. They should be interacting but at this point I can't really fault them.

And a smiley to brighten your day. :biggrin:

cutter187 wrote: »

Again prove it's trolling, because at this point all I am seeing is the opinion of someone I've never met before so I'm not sure why it should mean anything to me. That said, I did that because the discussions on here are angry enough as they are. And the smileys are there for a reason. Just because you are not a fan of them does not automaticaly mean it's trolling or someone is trying to get a rise out of you. If a smiley is all it takes, well, I'm not sure what to tell you. :wink:
  • Options
    enixonbbenixonbb Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ...so....in order to prove you're not a troll, you...keep trolling the thread :confused: ...interesting approach.

anyhow back on topic, really people keep going on about "Everything is vehicles based" but it really isn't as far as quests go I mean the ONLY thing vehicle based about the invasion was shooting down the exojets, heck the vault was an interior mission so we flat out COULDN'T use vehicles there, though frankly with how weak they are I don't see why you'd want to use them if you had the choice, even for the exojets the UNTIL hover-boards and a decent ranged attack worked just as well, if not better sometimes.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    enixonbb wrote: »
    ...so....in order to prove you're not a troll, you...keep trolling the thread...interesting approach.

I know, right?

But then again, that's how trolling works. Spend some time on 4chan and you learn a few things about that "art."
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I know, right?

But then again, that's how trolling works. Spend some time on 4chan and you learn a few things about that "art."
    Yes, kojiro, you certainly do seem to have become expert at it. Congratulations.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Yes, kojiro, you certainly do seem to have become expert at it. Congratulations.

Expert enough to recognize your attempt here. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    ...so....in order to prove you're not a troll, you...keep trolling the thread :confused: ...interesting approach.

Not trying to prove anything other than what I've been saying: Some of the crap that goes on here amounts to some twisted form of censorship, all because people are seeing opinions they don't like. People can't be chat-banned here so we try and shame them into not talking. It's rather ridiculous. If that makes me a troll, then so be it. I don't care. I've been called worse. Then again, I feel my point is being proven without me trying, which is either a funny thing or a sad thing. That said if I truly acted out of line, then feel free to report me.
    I know, right?

Ah I see. This is what happens when neo-/v/ goes outside of /v/. Okay then. It's obvious now what you're getting at.

anyhow back on topic, really people keep going on about "Everything is vehicles based" but it really isn't as far as quests go I mean the ONLY thing vehicle based about the invasion was shooting down the exojets, heck the vault was an interior mission so we flat out COULDN'T use vehicles there, though frankly with how weak they are I don't see why you'd want to use them if you had the choice, even for the exojets the UNTIL hover-boards and a decent ranged attack worked just as well, if not better sometimes.

I agree that, though I agree with people who feel that this recent event seems to favor ranged attacks and people with flight-based travel powers. I don't think this was a vehicle based one but I can see how people would think that.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    censorship,

The cry of a frustrated troll.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    The cry of a frustrated troll.

I'm surprised you haven't brought out the greentext and implications. That said, thank you for proving my point.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I'm surprised you haven't brought out the greentext and implications. That said, thank you for proving my point.

I must say, you're better at it than most here; you actually kept me strung along for a few posts until I realized what you were doing.

Now begone. The cat's far long out of the bag. It's now scratching up the furniture and has selected a pillow to be its bed.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Now begone.

Calling someone a troll and telling them to go away. If that's not censorship then I don't know what is. Again, thank you for further proving my point. And it's a nice way to drive people from the game. Kudos on that.

In any case, back to the topic at hand, I'm looking forward to this new content but I have to agree with some people who are frustrated: This is new, sure, but it seems to be lacking. The short term effect of it is not really all that exciting. I'm happy for new content but I'm not entirely thrilled by this but I'll check it out and hope it is a lot more fun than what I am expecting. I was not blown away by the Lemurian invasion but I appreciate the effort. I hope this event will be a good one because I must admit, my interest in the game is waning.
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nah, again that proves nothing. That simply reinforces what I said before: People will call anything they don't like trolling. If they can't wrap their mind around it or dislike what that person is saying, they call him or her a troll, which is ridiculous. Even more so now, if they don't like how they are doing things, we call them a troll. That is something I've noticed around here. If someone is positive about the game, we call them a troll, despite feeling free to critisize the game without problem. If someone is critical of people on here, we call them trolls, but it's A-ok to bash people for being positive about the game or bash groups of people who are positive about the game. If someone posts with a lot of smileys, we have no problem with that (as other posters have done before and some with obvious sarcasm, regardless of how biting it is) but the minute someone expresses a viewpoint we dislike, it's trolling. We do stuff like this and expect people to take us seriously when we actively try to censor dissenting opinion and do so without actual discussion. It seems pretty hypocritical to me. I feel that nothing will come of our constant (and deserved and necessary) complaints because people aren't organized and people are willing to act like what I was talking about. Instead we just want people to shut up and want every discussion to be a circlejerk of hate instead of something useful. I'm all for people disagreeing but I can't stand censorship and cyber-bullying, which is what this amount to in the end. Maybe this is why I come here every few days. It makes someone's head spin. It's kind of sad that instead, we just shrug our shoulders and think "lol CO forums". It's sad that this is it's reputation which makes me wonder about the devs and what they think of us and how this affects interaction. They should be interacting but at this point I can't really fault them.

And a smiley to brighten your day. :biggrin:

Again prove it's trolling, because at this point all I am seeing is the opinion of someone I've never met before so I'm not sure why it should mean anything to me. That said, I did that because the discussions on here are angry enough as they are. And the smileys are there for a reason. Just because you are not a fan of them does not automaticaly mean it's trolling or someone is trying to get a rise out of you. If a smiley is all it takes, well, I'm not sure what to tell you. :wink:

Don't bother. Once they've convinced themselves that you're trolling, and openly stated that belief, they feel like they can't take it back otherwise they look foolish. They'll make any convoluted argument to hold onto that belief, and these arguments are generally only made to continue to keep themselves convinced.

Also, people who consider anyone who disagrees with them a troll are probably going to continue believing that until the day they die... since if anyone tries to tell them that they're wrong for believing that someone who disagrees with them is a troll, they'll just assume that that person is a troll too. s'called willfull ignorance.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    stmothstmoth Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    maybe we've all got trolls and *******s confused?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Calling someone a troll and telling them to go away. If that's not censorship then I don't know what is.

It's precisely the cry of "censorship" that confirms that you're a troll. As soon as the troll is outed and starts getting told to take his filth elsewhere, he always screeches "censorship." It is one of the oldest, classic tactics.

No, thank you for proving my point. Oh my god....
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    It's precisely the cry of "censorship" that confirms that you're a troll. As soon as the troll is outed and starts getting told to take his filth elsewhere, he always screeches "censorship." It is one of the oldest, classic tactics.

No, thank you for proving my point. Oh my god....

You know way too much about trolling. It's like you're obsessed. People who are obsessed with something tend to see it everywhere all the time. Take a break.

The irony is, you know so much about trolling... yet you respond to what you perceive to be trolling so well... in fact, while most people would just ignore something they consider to be trolling, you instead don't just continue to pay attention to it, but when confronted by the possibility that it might not be trolling you fight tooth and nail to continue believing that it is. I don't often see someone put so much effort into getting trolled, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis.

• Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Calling someone a troll and telling them to go away. If that's not censorship then I don't know what is.

It is not censorship. It may very well be rude. Most likely inappropriate. Not censorship though.

In order to be censorship he would have to possess the power to silence you.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

You know way too much about trolling. It's like you're obsessed. People who are obsessed with something tend to see it everywhere all the time. Take a break.

The irony is, you know so much about trolling... yet you respond to what you perceive to be trolling so well... in fact, while most people would just ignore something they consider to be trolling, you instead don't just continue to pay attention to it, but when confronted by the possibility that it might not be trolling you fight tooth and nail to continue believing that it is. I don't often see someone put so much effort into getting trolled, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis.

Oh please, if you're the same Smoo I knew from a bygone age on the Internet (and certain quotes I've stumbled across from "Archived Posts" around here suggest you might be), you're the freaking Trollmaster General.

Well, if you are that Smoo, at least you're not a Moogle anymore.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

It clearly is a case of ADD/ADHD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Actually I have OCD, SPD, and BPD, but thanks for trying.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Astrophysics Data Systems? What does a NASA-funded project have to do with anything?

Attention deficit disorder, go take your ritaline now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Attention deficit disorder, go take your ritaline now.

As I've listed, you have guessed the wrong disorders. A psychiatrist you are definitely not.
  • Options
    enixonbbenixonbb Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When everyone is a troll, no one will be.

...okay actually they still probably will be, dang I guess the Syndrome quote doesn't work here dose it? :confused:

anyhow here's the problem as I see it, people can't just can't state that they don't like something and be done with it, it's always "I don't like it, and you are wrong for liking it!" further they feel the need to remind everyone that they are an awful person for liking their bad wrong fun. It's just a thing with the internet; there is nothing in existence that is more utterly repulsive and offensive than someone who has the AUDACITY to like something you don't. :biggrin:

For example I dang near guarantee it that any topics that crop up about "how to make the vehicles worth while" will inevitably be flooded with people shouting "they're turning the game into Vehicles Online", and how vehicles are a cancer ruining the game and how the game is supposed to be about playing the hero you want to be, unless the hero you want to be uses a jet then you are bad and should feel bad for wanting that.

It's not a new thing either, a year or so ago the same kinda thing was going on about all the mystic themed stuff in the game and how they're turning the game into Wizards Online. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Oh please, if you're the same Smoo I knew from a bygone age on the Internet (and certain quotes I've stumbled across from "Archived Posts" around here suggest you might be), you're the freaking Trollmaster General.

Well, if you are that Smoo, at least you're not a Moogle anymore.

Obsession-Perfume.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Wrong gender identity.
  • Options
    tacofoodsololtacofoodsolol Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    That's indeed a serious case of disconnexion from reality you got there. :eek:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Hurr, hurr, look at me, I'm a bigot. Hurr, hurr.

Please, like I haven't heard that one before.
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ashensnow wrote: »
    Calling someone a troll and telling them to go away. If that's not censorship then I don't know what is. Again, thank you for further proving my point. And it's a nice way to drive people from the game. Kudos on that

It is not censorship. It may very well be rude. Most likely inappropriate. Not censorship though.

In order to be censorship he would have to possess the power to silence you.

Ashensnow is right. Smackwell and TrailTurtleare the the only two doing any censorship on the forums. (unless you count the automated word filter)

So yeah, you don't know what censorship is, Lestylo.

That said, the first rule of dealing with internet trolls is...

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
    (This is directed mostly at you Kojirohellfire, since you keep pointing fingers and not hushing your mouth)

Ed Brayton wrote:
    if you spend a great deal of your time pretending to be an ******* to get a reaction from people...you aren't pretending. You are an *******.

Also this definition pretty much nails it:
    A troll usually has little or no interest in contributing to the development of the site in question and is interested in :
    • Deliberately angering people.
    • Breaking the normal flow of debate/discussion.
    • Disrupting the smooth operation of the site.
    • Deliberately being annoying for the sake of being obnoxious. For instance, using abusive names to refer to all the members on the site.
    • Making itself the main topic of interest or discussion.

So in my opinion, I see trolls trolling other trolls here.

In any case, back to the topic at hand, I'm looking forward to this new content but I have to agree with some people who are frustrated: This is new, sure, but it seems to be lacking. The short term effect of it is not really all that exciting. I'm happy for new content but I'm not entirely thrilled by this but I'll check it out and hope it is a lot more fun than what I am expecting. I was not blown away by the Lemurian invasion but I appreciate the effort. I hope this event will be a good one because I must admit, my interest in the game is waning.

I liked the Lemurian invasion more than some people apparently, but overall I agree with this sentiment.

At this point I'm very much like, "We'll see..."

pion01 wrote: »
    Holy fvcking fvckity fvck fvcks.

You've got to be fvcking kidding me right?

"Cryptic, we want cars and bikes."

"Here's a jet. It can shoot things and completely negates the game and characters you've made."

"Uhh... oh well, missions will be easier."

"Yeah, we're going to nerf the offensive capabilities to uselessness. And give you an alert for them that requires lots of killing because we're removing the ability to use them anywhere else."

"Well at least they're fast as hell."

"Yeah, we're going to slow them down. Also? Here's a race alert."

Seriously?

I'm done. You guys are dicks or completely retarded.

Uh... You left out like 90% of the other jerk things they've done to customers over the years...

I could make long list not the least of which is lowering drop rates silently while leaving many OLD bugs not fixed (i.e.: Bullet Bound for Biselle has been broken for how long now?).
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Uh... You left out like 90% of the other jerk things they've done to customers over the years...

I could make long list not the least of which is lowering drop rates silently while leaving many OLD bugs not fixed (i.e.: Bullet Bound for Biselle has been broken for how long now?).

Is that why I never see anyone playing it?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Ashensnow is right. Smackwell and TrailTurtleare the the only two doing any censorship on the forums. (unless you count the automated word filter)

So yeah, you don't know what censorship is, Lestylo.

Trying to force someone or a group of people into not providing an opinion because you don't like it is certainly close enough. One can argue semantics and definitions (a popular thing to do on here) but at the end of the day it amounts to the same result: one group's voice not being heard or regarded seriously through one means or another. In short, a one-sided deal.

In any case I've said my piece.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I honestly think that you should. There's one on the STO wiki which documents Cryptics KDF history and frankly it's one of my favorite links on that site. We could definitely use something like that here on CO.

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrine_Falcon