test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nature Set

l1ghtstarl1ghtstar Posts: 189 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Suggestions Box
Nature Powerset.

I know right now might not be the best time to give some suggestions on a Nature powerset, but here it goes. In the following list of suggestions, I?ll add an inspiration from movies/comics/games, as well as inspirations from the actual Champions Online game (ex. Typhoon and FC).

I will say that I suck at naming stuff, so sometimes I?ll just not even name stuff.
Anyways , here it goes.

Damage Type: Crushing, Slashing.

Main Mechanic: Leeched Life.
Outside inspiration: Leech Seed from Pok?mon.
CO inspiration: A hybrid between Chill and Lifedrain.

Energy Builder: Pellet Blast. A barrage of pellets/seeds that build energy.
Outside inspiration: Bullet Seed attack from Pokemon.
CO inspiration: Wrist Bolster.

T0 Ranged attack: Tree Canon. A rapid barrage of [coconuts/tree darts or bullets]
Outside inspiration: Diddy Kong's peanut popguns
CO inspiration: Two-Gun Mojo

T1 Passive: Nature's Aura. An aura that increases the healing effects received to self and others, and also buffs any nature attacks to a certain extent.
Outside inspiration: none.
CO inspiration: a hybrid between Medical Nanites and AoED

T1 Shield: Floral Barrier/Vine Barrier/Tree Shield.
Outside inspirations: Floral Barrier- Winx Club's Flora's Spring Ring (shield). Tree Shield- Link's Wooden Shield from the various games in the series.
CO inspirations: Ice Shield, Stone Shroud

T1 Energy Unlock: Nature Reverberation. Each time you gain a stack of 'Leeched Life' you gain energy.
Outside inspiration: None.
CO inspiration: Ego Reverberation.

T1 AoE attack: Vine Thorn. Use a vine full of thorns to slam your foes.
Outside Inspiration: Vine Whip from Pokemon.
CO inspiration: Vicious Cyclone.

T1 Close Area Attack, __ degree cone: Razor Assault.
Outside Inspiration: Razor Leaf from Pokemon.
CO Inspiration: the 'breath' elemental cone attacks, Shadow Embrace

T2 Form Toggle: Nature's Spirit. Toggle that buffs Leech life mechanic as well as provide a buff to Nature powers.
Outside Inspiration: None.
CO Inspiration: Mental Discipline.

T2 Buff Self: Nature's Life. Summon nature to replenish your life force.
Outside Inspiration: Ingrain from Pokemon.
CO inspirations: Circle of Primal Dominion.

T2 Controllable Pet. Nature's Familiar. Mutant plant.
Outside Inspiration: Poison Ivy's various mutant plants.
CO inspirations: Various controllable pets, such air elemental.

T2 Summon. Summon Nature. Summon Nature to provide her wrath, and bring forth beings of nature.
Outside Inspiration: The Ents from the Lord of the Rings series.
CO Inspirations: Summon Shadows.

T2 Ranged Area Attack. Nature's Bomb. Summon a mystic tree that detonates to crush your foes.
Outside Inspiration: None.
CO Inspiration: Force Detonation and Cave In.

T3 Ranged Area Attack. Nature's Canon. Nature's canon unleashes nature's true wrath.
Outside inspiration: Digimon's Lillymon's Flower Canon.
CO inspiration: Force Cascade, Fireball.

T3 AoE Healing. Nature's Wind
. Nature provides healing in a cone to you and allies.
Outside Inspiration: Winx Club's Flora's Dancing Whirl.
CO Inspiration: Arcane Vitality.
Light Star Alliance (my toons with build guides & videos)
Nature Powerset
@Man.of.Light
Post edited by l1ghtstar on

Comments

• Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I like it so far, I think... I'm going to have take some time to contemplate on this a bit more.

My initial recommendation would be to have more nature spells along the lines of transmutation (transforming shape & structure), enchantment (imbuing with special properties whether it be a buff that makes allies weapons function better or a curse that causes enemies to randomly miss a percentage of their attacks), and conjuration (summoning extra planar spirits and creating portals) magic.

Ideally I'd like to see, with a nature set, more leaves and roots.

Summoning pets, in my mind, should be natural creatures wolves, bears, animated trees that can walk around and kick some ****. That sort of thing.

For heals, I see heals that are more on-click and then regeneration based. Kind of fire & forget types of healing buffs, goes along with the enchantment aspect. Instantaneous healing is more divine, regeneration healing is more natural. Plus this adds a whole new dimension to combat healing in this game, where you don't have to continually channel a heal or tap-spam it. Throw a regeneration healing buff on an ally and then go back to using whatever other attacks you want, like say mixing in some archery or dual blades if you're a freeform going for more of a elven ranger sort of thing.

Transmutation could even be able to include things like transforming into a beast... like transforming fingernails into strong & sharp claws, or maybe getting some armored skin like that of a reptile.

What I primarily dislike from your suggestion are things like a coconut cannon. It's cheesy, too cheesy. More Nintendo-ish, and not as "heroic" as I would like to see. Same kind of reason why I HATE rainbow flight with a passion.

The Leeched Life mechanic, would make more sense as a Restored Life mechanic. Growth rather than decay.

What you are describing is what I'd rather see Spirit Reverberation turned into, energy return based on dimensional DAMAGE.

Instead I'd highly recommend making a nature set be a hybrid of DPS & Healer, to where as you do healing you gain energy.

This in turn would work in with the regeneration buff type of healing mechanic and work even more amazingly when combined with other powerset for freeforms. For example you could combine Inequity with power armor attacks. Really interesting combinations.

Anyways what you have presented is good for thinking about, but hardly in a finished form and doesn't take into account the myriad of combinations or how to make it different than what we already have. And it doesn't feel "nature" enough to me, it feels more like a combination of energy projector and shadow once you read your descriptions.
  • Options
    l1ghtstarl1ghtstar Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Agent, yes, you're right and I agree.

To clarify. The thread is just what has inspired me, and wish to see in a nature set. I didn't go too much in detail on each suggestion (advantages and so on) because I feel that ultimately a nature set that ends up in the game would be somewhat, if not totally different. Again, inspirations, not theories or what have you. If you say that what I've presented in this thread is something good to think about, then the point of this thread has succeeded. Hope that isn't confusing.

I do like some of what you've mention of what you'd like see. Can you give more ideas? Anyone else? Let's see everyone's ideas!
    Light Star Alliance (my toons with build guides & videos)
    Nature Powerset
    @Man.of.Light