test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you unhappy with Champions Online?

2»

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    One, and ONLY ONE thing makes me incredible unhappy with Champions Online!
    That I will never get the Avian Warrior Pack, the only Costume Pack I was keen to purchase to make my Anthropomorphic Birdies!

:frown:

I will NEVER get over it! No matter how NON-AVIAN characters I will create!

And seeing 900-vets people using Parts of the pack just makes me sad, jealous and furious about this Subject! /THANKS CRYPTIC =_=
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • kharma23kharma23 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The only thing I'm unhappy about is the neglect from the corporate overlords.

Otherwise, I love the game!

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • dantheiceman1dantheiceman1 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yes i am very unhappy with the game right now,

and the fact that star trek online gets its first MAJOR expansion pack with a WHOLE new faction, really steams my veggies. We haven't had a full expansion since revelation which is 3 years now and they expect us to pay for junk vehicles, and missions that MAY or MAY not stay in game?

i'm sorry but that shows me that the studio has NO interest in hiring new developers or putting developers from other studios (IE the devs from paragon) in this game to help improve it and it is totally absurd, and does not warrant any return on investment whatever from me as a player.

if cryptic DOES however want to salvage its image and professorial reputation, they should just sell the IP to another studio (Piranha Games in Canada) since they are being an incredibly excellent job with MWO beta.

i think the champs IP would be in a very good home in that studio
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=124755
    The Nemesis system needs fixing and here's ideas:
    A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business. Henry Ford
  • mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yes i am very unhappy with the game right now,

and the fact that star trek online gets its first MAJOR expansion pack with a WHOLE new faction, really steams my veggies. We haven't had a full expansion since revelation which is 3 years now and they expect us to pay for junk vehicles, and missions that MAY or MAY not stay in game?

i'm sorry but that shows me that the studio has NO interest in hiring new developers or putting developers from other studios (IE the devs from paragon) in this game to help improve it and it is totally absurd, and does not warrant any return on investment whatever from me as a player.

if cryptic DOES however want to salvage its image and professorial reputation, they should just sell the IP to another studio (Piranha Games in Canada) since they are being an incredibly excellent job with MWO beta.

i think the champs IP would be in a very good home in that studio

Not to point out the obvious, but I am going to anyway..

STO is a blockbuster game based on a long-running TV series with many movies, merchandising and a massive fan-base. It's going to get more attention.. period.

I'm sure everyone is sorry that you're not happy with the game, just as I'm sure everyone is sad that the OP felt they needed to make a whole thread about it.

But the bottom line, and I'm sorry to say this, is that if you're not HAPPY here, you have other options.

If you want the game to SUCCEED and you want to see it grown and prosper? Again, here comes the obvious stick in a downward arc on people's craniums...

STOP POSTING FEARMONGERING, BASELESS, NEGATIVE OPINIONS ABOUT THE NONEXISTENT POOR STATE OF THE GAME.

Because whyyyyyy????

Say it with me...

When people come to the FORUMS to read about the GAME as many people do.. they'll think the game is going under. ANd then what happens? All of the whining and BS people are pulling out from.. who knows where.. will become a very assured and self-fulfilling prophecy.

So.. can we stop with the "I hate CO" and "I'm not happy with CO" and "I think they forgot CO" and whatever else threads?

You love the game.. I get it and that's great.

But this isn't the way to support it. You're not going to coax the game owners to make new content for a game by saying it's not doing well. ESPECIALLY AFTER THEY JUST PUBLISHED NEW FREE CONTENT.

SOooooo.. anyway. There you have it.

And I don't know why people are expecting all this content anyway. Most of the games I've played (smaller, niche games since WOW drove me away from mainstream fantasy with the terrible quality of people it attracted due to the PVP aspect) NEVER get updates or content.. maybe once a year if they're lucky.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mensar wrote: »

STO is a blockbuster game based on a long-running TV series with many movies, merchandising and a massive fan-base. It's going to get more attention.. period.

I'm sure everyone is sorry that you're not happy with the game, just as I'm sure everyone is sad that the OP felt they needed to make a whole thread about it.

But the bottom line, and I'm sorry to say this, is that if you're not HAPPY here, you have other options.

If you want the game to SUCCEED and you want to see it grown and prosper? Again, here comes the obvious stick in a downward arc on people's craniums...

STOP POSTING FEARMONGERING, BASELESS, NEGATIVE OPINIONS ABOUT THE NONEXISTENT POOR STATE OF THE GAME.

Because whyyyyyy????

Say it with me...

When people come to the FORUMS to read about the GAME as many people do.. they'll think the game is going under. ANd then what happens? All of the whining and BS people are pulling out from.. who knows where.. will become a very assured and self-fulfilling prophecy.

So.. can we stop with the "I hate CO" and "I'm not happy with CO" and "I think they forgot CO" and whatever else threads?

But this isn't the way to support it. You're not going to coax the game owners to make new content for a game by saying it's not doing well. ESPECIALLY AFTER THEY JUST PUBLISHED NEW FREE CONTENT.

And I don't know why people are expecting all this content anyway. Most of the games I've played (smaller, niche games since WOW drove me away from mainstream fantasy with the terrible quality of people it attracted due to the PVP aspect) NEVER get updates or content.. maybe once a year if they're lucky.

No one's forcing you to read it. It's your fault for clicking on this thread.

As for the "nonexistent" poor state of the game, you surely have a funny definition of that. I see neglect. Harry-Potter-living-under-the-stairs-in-a-cupboard-style neglect. Sure, they toss a few scraps toward this game, but aside from that, development is practically null. This is what a game in maintenance mode is like.

And... there's no better options. Tell me, what other superhero MMO out there with this level of customization is there? Not one. Not even DCUO with its lauded graphics and actual development support allows for such customization (and its characters are oddly hipless). And Marvel's upcoming offering doesn't even let you design your own character.

There's zip, nada, no other game in this industry like this one (because the other got murdered by Koreans). And it's being allowed to rot. As customers, we have every right to complain over this neglect.

And it's not the gloom that's driving people away, it's the lack of support from developers. As the vets have pointed out during my few months here, there's only so many times you can repeat the content before you realize that you actually have done everything. With no new content, there's no reason for anyone to stick around.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Because whyyyyyy????

Say it with me...

It would appear that you do not understand the meaning of the words, "baseless," and, "nonexistent."

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    No one's forcing you to read it. It's your fault for clicking on this thread.

As for the "nonexistent" poor state of the game, you surely have a funny definition of that. I see neglect. Harry-Potter-living-under-the-stairs-in-a-cupboard-style neglect. Sure, they toss a few scraps toward this game, but aside from that, development is practically null. This is what a game in maintenance mode is like.

And... there's no better options. Tell me, what other superhero MMO out there with this level of customization is there? Not one. Not even DCUO with its lauded graphics and actual development support allows for such customization (and its characters are oddly hipless). And Marvel's upcoming offering doesn't even let you design your own character.

There's zip, nada, no other game in this industry like this one (because the other got murdered by Koreans). And it's being allowed to rot. As customers, we have every right to complain over this neglect.

And it's not the gloom that's driving people away, it's the lack of support from developers. As the vets have pointed out during my few months here, there's only so many times you can repeat the content before you realize that you actually have done everything. With no new content, there's no reason for anyone to stick around.

OK let me break down your post to a few points.

Firstly, any post here becomes viewable by anyone with an account to the game. Yes Mensar does not have to read it but his point is not that he does not want to see negativity but rather he does not want the negativity to be read by potential new players and drive them away.

Secondly, I think we all love this game and that is why we bother posting in forum. Mensar loves this game as I do and we do not wish to see a self-fulfilling prophecy killing it. I am sure Mensar wishes as much as everyone that there can be even more content besides the "scraps" we get. We all recognize the potential of this game for much greater growth. However, that also has to be the views shared by the sales/marketing people of the company and these people are looking at existing numbers (since the game has been around for a while) and not expected, predicted ones. Hence, what Mensar says is not without its value. If we spend more and get more people to come into the game, then it may be change the minds of decision makers to give more attention to CO.

Agreed, there is only so many times we can repeat the same stuff. However, CO's marketing model seems more focus on F2Per and microtransactions which means they come and go as opposed to regular LTS players. This makes things worse because these LTS players now have to ensure that we do not drive away new players who are likely the lifeblood of the game with doom and gloom while clenching our jaws to continue repeating the same stuff and hoping the devs would come up with new ones.

Hence, we take joy at small successes hoping that tiny steps and continue to support the game in what ways we can, rather than putting down the little improvements we may get. This is especially true for myself because while I have played other MMOs and offline games, I kind of found a home here and pretty much gave up all the other games hence losing this game will be quite a displacement for me that's for certain.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Firstly, any post here becomes viewable by anyone with an account to the game. Yes Mensar does not have to read it but his point is not that he does not want to see negativity but rather he does not want the negativity to be read by potential new players and drive them away.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to get potential new players to the game.

Arrogantly telling people with valid concerns about the game, no matter how negative they may be, to go away or to stop posting altogether, trivalizes their concerns. Such concerns are raised from time to time because people have a genuine love for the game and want to see improvements.

Do you support that?
    Secondly, I think we all love this game and that is why we bother posting in forum. Mensar loves this game as I do and we do not wish to see a self-fulfilling prophecy killing it. I am sure Mensar wishes as much as everyone that there can be even more content besides the "scraps" we get. We all recognize the potential of this game for much greater growth. However, that also has to be the views shared by the sales/marketing people of the company and these people are looking at existing numbers (since the game has been around for a while) and not expected, predicted ones. Hence, what Mensar says is not without its value. If we spend more and get more people to come into the game, then it may be change the minds of decision makers to give more attention to CO.

You know what, I'm getting tired of seeing all these comments saying that the burden of getting new players interested in the game has the rest on the shoulders of the present community without acknowledging the fact that the burden also has to be taken up by PWE / Cryptic. I'm getting equally tired of seeing suggestions saying that if the game fails, the blame would lie on the overall forum negativity, "a self-fullfilling prophecy", because perish the thought that the game developers might have anything to do with it.

When Cryptic starts giving us regular updates on the game's development status, like you know, State of the Game reports like they've done so in the past, they give us more of a reason to anticipate and say better things about the game in the forums. Keeping mostly silent gives us less of a reason to do that. The burden is on PWE / Cryptic to get us to say positive things.
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Mensar, please.

If new players base their entire opinion of this game on what they read on these forums then that's their fault for not being able to form their own opinion based on their own experiences. If you don't like what other people are saying in regards to the state of the game on these forums then that's your problem. Deal with it.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    edited March 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with wanting to get potential new players to the game.

Arrogantly telling people with valid concerns about the game, no matter how negative they may be, to go away or to stop posting altogether, trivalizes their concerns. Such concerns are raised from time to time because people have a genuine love for the game and want to see improvements.

Do you support that?

You know what, I'm getting tired of seeing all these comments saying that the burden of getting new players interested in the game has the rest on the shoulders of the present community without acknowledging the fact that the burden also has to be taken up by PWE / Cryptic. I'm getting equally tired of seeing suggestions saying that if the game fails, the blame would lie on the overall forum negativity, "a self-fullfilling prophecy", because perish the thought that the game developers might have anything to do with it.

When Cryptic starts giving us regular updates on the game's development status, like you know, State of the Game reports like they've done so in the past, they give us more of a reason to anticipate and say better things about the game in the forums. Keeping mostly silent gives us less of a reason to do that. The burden is on PWE / Cryptic to get us to say positive things.

Well, I couldn't have said that better.
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You all remember where "Maintenance Mode" came from, right?

Do you think they were talking about Star Trek? They created a phrase in the MMO lexicon to try to justify their apathy.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, I couldn't have said that better.

Then stay quiet.
    edited March 2013
    Then stay quiet.

Speaking about arrogance...
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The task for marketing this game is on my shoulders?

Paycheck?

edited March 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    Speaking about arrogance...

Just one sniff of me and she's all over my post. Thats love.
  • thearkadythearkady Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    The task for marketing this game is on my shoulders?

Paycheck?

Amen, +1, and all that.

Even though CO development seems to be mostly Insha'Allah, come to think of it.
  • wethree1wethree1 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nothing to see here, move along :P.
  • mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It was a rant-ish way of saying the same thing I've been saying in every other doom and gloom thread.. over and over and over.

It's not going under.

The game is fine.

We have devs.

It's performing within expectations.

We just got new content.

Post suggestions in the suggestions forum.

Keep a positive attitude like the great community I know you are and don't let this all get you down.

Those were my points. Sorry if it came off irritated, but that's got to be literally post #30 on the exact same subject covering the exact same issues from (usually) the same people.

I'd rather see one or two people leave the game then have them scare away a couple hundred prospective players.

And that's not because I don't like them, I'm just wanting the game to stick around.

Becuase, unlike the naysayers, doomsayers, fearmongers and incurable pessimists, I DO enjoy playing the game.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
    edited March 2013
    Becuase, unlike the naysayers, doomsayers, fearmongers and incurable pessimists, I DO enjoy playing the game.

Ah yes, you truly are the moral beacon of this community. Such an inspiration.
  • wethree1wethree1 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It was a rant-ish way of saying the same thing I've been saying in every other doom and gloom thread.. over and over and over.

It's not going under.

The game is fine.

We have devs.

We just got new content.

Keep a positive attitude like the great community I know you are and don't let this all get you down.

Those were my points. Sorry if it came off irritated, but that's got to be literally post #30 on the exact same subject covering the exact same issues from (usually) the same people.

I'd rather see one or two people leave the game then have them scare away a couple hundred prospective players.

And that's not because I don't like them, I'm just wanting the game to stick around.

I like your optimism, I really do, but you seem to be vastly in the minority in your views, at least from my experience both on forums and in general game chat.

Players don't seem to be as worried that the game is going to shut down as that it will continue in the same way it has been. They don't seem as much to doubt that we HAVE Devs as much as doubting whether they are sufficient or listening. And the game may be performing within Perfect World's expectations, but, honestly, it's pretty obvious what their expectations are, and it's not much.

I don't know what the answer is, but I know it's not "there's nothing wrong", or probably the top two threads right now wouldn't be about how concerned people are.
  • scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's not going under.

I sure hope not.
    The game is fine.

The game is enjoyable and the majority of content is functional, yes.
    We have devs.

There's also water in the desert, if you dig really really deep.

I don't know about you, but I expect a certain degree of quality in the games I play.
    99% of reported bugs remain ignored after literally years.
    PvP has been abandoned.
    And every year we get a new poor implementation of a good idea (first alerts, then vehicles, auras will be the next disaster).
    We just got new content.

Yes, after months of waiting we got a tank 'em and spank 'em alert which will be removed before the end of the month. Might I remind you that this is an MMO, a type of game which relies on regular new content to keep itself afloat?

Because that worked so well in the past.

I enjoy the game too, despite all of its flaws.

And yes, there have been way too many threads discussing these issues and crying doom.
    But I think that is to be expected if the game in question is underperforming and seems to continue in a downward spiral.
  • dantheiceman1dantheiceman1 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2013

It's not going under.

The game is fine.

We have devs.

We just got new content.

i commend you on your Optimism and Zeal kid i really do.

But your facts are played with blinders on though. I mean you want to be positive but you don't want to look at the facts that compared to what this game USED to have for a development team and now...

lets see there was TONS of things planned for this game in the last until report from July of last year, many of which have fallen to the wayside, or scrapped or who knows what

(linked for your convenience)
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=155131

R&D Report: (In Development)

Numerous confirmed reports reveal these features are currently in development. They have made it through the design and planning phases and are being implemented. Items in this section will move to "In Test" once complete.

? ?Nighthawk ? Friend or Foe?? Event & Themed Content
    - Nighthawk, a dark and mysterious vigilante, will be introduced to Champions Online in a brand-new event, where evidence is conflicted over this anti-hero?s true motives? is he a hero walking the line, or one who?s finally crossed it?
    - Players will investigate crime scenes and confront new challenges to deduce whether Nighthawk is friend? or foe
    - Depending on their deductions, players may find themselves face to face with Nighthawk himself ? or another antagonist
    - As part of this Event, new Nighthawk-themed powers and an Archetype will be released, along with a themed costume set & a cape-glide travel power!
    - Special rewards will even include the Hawkwing prototype vehicle!

Nighthawk.... CHECK

? Cosmetic FX Auras!
    - Special Aura items slot to add a cosmetic FX aura to you character for the ultimate in customization
    - Aura items will come in all sorts of varieties, from elemental electricity and fire, glow, to darkness and more!
    - Auras will come in many configurations, from adorning hands, to eyes, head, full body and more!

Auras... over a year late and still not in game YET

? Mod Bundle Packs for Fusion
    - Purchase or acquire huge stacks of single Mods for fast Fusion!

? Return of crafting maps and other interiors as purely role-playing instances
    - Free for All!

? XP Gifting
    - Gift some of your experience to your alts or friends

? C-Store Coupons
    - Items that give you a discount in the C-store

XP gifting is still not here, and i don't know about the rest and only SOME but not all of the crafting places are here

Planning Documents Recovered: (On the Schedule)

These features have yet to enter the implementation stage. However, commitment to their future existence is verified via detailed documents. Some features have a longer development time than others but these updates are verified as next on the list to implement.

? Vehicles!
    - A brand-new system for customizing, equipping and riding vehicles into battle!
    - Vehicles will offer all-new powers, including new mechanics such as area-of-effect ground targeting, which can be swapped in and out via fully customizable ?upgrade and equipment? items
    - Vehicles will come with an equipment load-out as standard, which can be completely exchanged with new items such as:
    - Offensive items (i.e. mini-guns, rocket packs, laser pods, etc)
    - Defensive items (i.e. extra hull-plating, flares, smoke grenades, etc)
    - Utility items (i.e. turbo-boost thrusters, self-repairing nanites, etc)
    - Characters will be able to pilot their vehicles in any existing exterior map, as well as in all-new vehicle-centric maps and encounters
    - New content types, such as PVP modes, are being considered for vehicle-exclusive combat as well
    - Vehicles will offer some cosmetic customization, albeit to a lesser degree than the character costume creator

Oh yes... vehicles well we have them in game so that is here..

? Lair Updates & Boss Reviews
    - Conversion of existing Lairs to the new encounter system
    - Revision and streamlining, bug fixes, boss review
    - Each debut is accompanied by a thematic in-zone Event!

i don't think that this has ever been done because we STILL don't have a group finder, so i don't know the status on this

? New Zone Events
    - Large scale, multi-stage, zone events that offer new encounter opportunities and large group game play

This has been done so a certain extent

Confidential Source: (In Design Discussion)

Deep cover operatives have overheard verbal reports of items in the design discussion stage being considered for an upcoming update. These ideas will need to be added to the schedule before they can be confirmed. Some are quicker tasks while others are much larger in scope, requiring many more resources to design and implement.

? Epic ?Confrontation? and ?Invasion? Encounters - for Vehicles and High-Level Heroes
    - Large-scale, multi-team, outdoor assaults against wave attacks of enemies and escalating tiers of boss encounters
    - Collaborative game play has multiple player teams cooperating to take down enough enemies in the current ?tier? to unlock the next ? for example:
    - After defeating enough waves of invading Lemurian shock troops deployed by drill tanks, the next tier of spider-walking Leviathan Weapon Platforms is deployed?
    - If our heroes cripple enough Leviathans, the next tier of Lemurian Command hover-barges ridden by sorceror-Lieutenants must be conquered?
    - Finally, they unleash? the Kraken! A boss fight to end them all?

This has been done to an extent with until sky command and the harbringer, but i suspect for the harbringer a lot of stuff was scrapped since it took a month to do

? Alerts Scoreboards & Achievements
    - Track you or your team?s achievements
    - Number of victories in each Alert type
    - Best times to completion
    - Number of bosses defeated
    - And more!

Not done

? Alerts / Content ?Challenges?
    - Directly challenge another team to one of a number of content challenges!
    - Wager double-or-nothing rewards on which team can:
    - Complete an Alert faster
    - Complete more Alerts successfully without failure in a row
    - And more!

Not done

? Sidekick ?Pet? System
    - A more permanent, pet-like system for developing sidekick characters
    - Not entirely unlike the bridge officer system in STO

Oh look they were going to steal something from STO, also not done

? Nemesis Updates
    - Open mission OR in-world dynamic encounters w/ your Nemesis
    - More minion types and options for standard Nemesis content

This here is one of THE most requested thing on the forums and its in limbo probably won't be done at all since it is being ignored but i could be wrong

? Hideout additions: Crafting rooms
    - Grant a % bonus to Fusion OR allow Fusion of stacks greater than 5

hideouts crafting stuff that would be awesome but its not done

? ?Terror in Time? Halloween Content
    - The villainous vampire Draycul Vladic travels back in time to foggy London to breed an army of vampires before the dawn of heroes?
    - Players will follow him to the past to thwart this plan, teaming up with the great ancestor of the current Black Mask
    - Rewards and associated content include the fashionable Victorian Steampunk costume set, Wolf Transformation Superspeed Travel Power and more!

seen the art of it it looks super awesome its also not done

http://jag-artist.org/characters-and-creatures

? The return of the Roi?Nesh
    - After their first failed infiltration, a large scale invasion!

the Roi'nesh is probably the only things on the report that will be done soon

? The rumored return of Dr. Destroyer!
    - At a special Event?can you guess which one?

Done on the last anniversary event, and the picture of him with all his droids IS my current desktop

the reason i am so passionate about this game is because i want to see it become what COH was. i want to see this game full again like it was after beta was launched and surpass it ALL and blow it all sky high

COH had a full dev that pulled out regular updates, costumes EVERYTHING, they even had a power customizer that didn't just change the colors of the powers but the LOOK of them

as seen here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gDM9Lqqb3E

these are some of the things that I WANT in champions online to expand it and make it better and attract more people to it

because i see the potential of this game and how GREAT it could become, but unless we get a FULL dev team again i don't see that happening. because i am SICK AND TIRED of sword and sorcery garbage that is peddled down our throats.

i don't want to play a prissy purple elf. I want to play a radioactive superhero (or villian) that can jump 90 miles in the air dragging a 70 ton tank by the barrel using it as a club to beat down a 80 foot killer robot in the middle of a flipping volcano.

i mean a commend the current 3 devs that we have right now for doing the best job they possibly can with the resources given to them and the FACT they showed the unfinished model of the harbringer is awesome as i am a student in VFX/3d modeling and i LOVE seeing stuff like this.

but until that happens i have 1 of 2.5 choices Here, DCUO, or Marvel.

and i choose here because i can continue the story of my heroes through the multiverse, and i have the choice to customize my heroes and villains AS I SEE FIT.

DC is NOT getting my original designs for MY heroes or villains, and as for marvel.... that's a diablo 2 clone....

so really we have no where else to go, and we ALL want this game to expand, because most of us "bitter old timers" have come from COH, and we KNOW what a game can become and how FUN and awesome it can be with a full development team

so right now for the time being we are stuck with a buggy half finished game, whether we like it or not, so we have every right to be a little Vexed

/endrant
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=124755
    The Nemesis system needs fixing and here's ideas:
    A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business. Henry Ford
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    [...]

I enjoy playing the game and I can see all the things that are wrong with it and talk about them. I guess I'm just talented like that.

edited March 2013
    Then stay quiet.

Oh look, another pompous **** that thinks he's God.
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    -snip-

This is closest thing to fearmongering I see taking place right now. You may want to exclude that part from your anti-naysayer, doomsayer, fearmonger and incurable pessimist rants in the future.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    'a bad season'?

It's more like a team that has some players you really like, but has consistently been underutilized and poorly supported from the beginning. And over the last few seasons it's clear the owners are devoting all of their energies into other teams they own.

You long gave up your season tickets, going to any of the home games, and now can't even bear to watch the bungles on local news channel.

You keep hoping that maybe they'll build that new stadium they keep promising, but it's been years. The stadium isn't coming.

so champions is like being a Pittsburgh pirates fan from the 80s onward!

thank god we have hockey...
  • zer303606zer303606 Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yea where the costumes at? and new powers. noone gives a sith about vehicles.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I want to be more Happy. :(
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited March 2013

You're displaying nothing but misguided, blind zealotry and your logic is faulty.

People who are still playing this game after seeing its shortcomings for more than a year are the ones more willing to spend money on it.

Provided they have anything to buy, not only more sh***y vehicles and scamboxes.

So yeah, better they go, replaced with totally new players...

...who will be gone after month or three (at best), because as it is now CO production value makes nothing for keeping new people with the game.

One or three people? This game had already lost more.

Do you really think that new players will be deaf and blind and stick with the game which is not up to the industry standards? You're naive.

Besides, if a game can gain new customers only by censoring and lying about said game...
    Then I'm sorry, but said game deserves NO new customers, unless the game will be finally fixed.

And in the end, if it can't be fixed, then maybe it no longer deserves to survive?

You're not optimistic, your stance is a self-delusion.

The only reason why I'm not arguing more is simply because I no longer care.
    I'm simply playing CO from time to time, not waiting for any long standing bugs being fixed, neither waiting for any change - because it will not change.
    I'll be happy with CO existing and not degrading even more.

Current Cryptic stance on vehicles and nemesis system proved to me that no change will ever happend, so there is no point in asking for anything.
    I'll be simply playing this game till it's gone.

Unless there will be any other comparable superhero game, then I'll move with no regret.
    edited March 2013

It's not going under.

The game is fine.

We have devs.

We just got new content.

Interesting.
    I know a guy who loved this game, is fed up with not having anything new and exciting to do, but sticks around because ...literally this is what he said:
    "Where else can you play a game where there's a super hero called Bacon Overlord?"

I think we should all digest the grilled and greasy one's positive message.

More related to why I started this thread, that guy I was mentioning stumbled into this game very depressed.
    I'm talking deep dark no hope in sight despair here.

Apparently teaming up with me somewhere around Kodiak and running through the game in the days following was a turning point that got him through and lifted him out of his blues.

Now there's Mensar, his new Champion representing all that's good about this community and game, while his detractors stab at the light from their sticky black sadness.

Drink the Bacon-Aid.
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Drink the Bacon-Aid.

*Inset Grumpy Cat jpg*
  • cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Drink the Bacon-Aid.

They have that!

My God Man (or Woman)!

What section of the Supermarket!

Must have some now!!!!

:biggrin:

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They have that!

My God Man (or Woman)!

What section of the Supermarket!

Must have some now!!!!

:biggrin:
    Not yet, but I think that's well on its way to becoming a new Rule of the Internet - if it exists, someone has infused it with bacon. I mean, we have baconnaise, bacon salt, bacon mints, bacon chewing gum, bacon vodka for Rodina's sake - how far away can baconade be?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited March 2013
    Drink the Bacon-Aid.

You realize that the phrase "Drink the [blank]-Aid" never implies anything good, right?
    edited March 2013
    You realize that the phrase "Drink the [blank]-Aid" never implies anything good, right?

'You worry too much you make yourself sad
    you can't change fate don't feel so bad'
    -- Danny Elfman
    edited March 2013
    I don't believe in fate.
  • bjoernrbjoernr Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i am angry and german!
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I think I'd prefer a few cynical players in the game than a hundred people looking through rose-coloured glasses.

I enjoy playing the game, too. That doesn't mean I have to turn my head away when I can see quite clearly that something's wrong. It's like if somebody smashed you mother's prized vase right in front of your face; You don't just turn the other cheek and ignore the problem, you naturally freak the hell out. That's pretty much what the forums are here for. I get not wanting negativity involved with the stuff you like, but that sort of stuff is bound to happen when you browse the internet. NOT EVERYBODY IS GOING TO AGREE WITH YOU.
  • rothnangrothnang Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was subscribed to this game for over 1000 days and recently cancelled it for good because I got sick of them treating my character from day 1 and all his legacy gear collected over years of loyal membership like a hostage so I can't interrupt my subscription.

There are companies that handle free to play a lot more gracefully and fairly, and that makes a huge difference, because then I actually want to give them money.
    edited March 2013
    rothnang wrote: »
    There are companies that handle free to play a lot more gracefully and fairly, and that makes a huge difference, because then I actually want to give them money.

I cannot disagree that other companies may handle F2P differently, perhaps even more, "gracefully," but CO's model is very fair. The only thing unfair about not having access to something that the player chooses to not pay for is the player then complaining about it.

• lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ashensnow wrote: »
    I cannot disagree that other companies may handle F2P differently, perhaps even more, "gracefully," but CO's model is very fair. The only thing unfair about not having access to something that the player chooses to not pay for is the player then complaining about it.

The last 2 posts hit home for me re: unhappy.

I wouldn't call CO's model "fair" or "unfair". It's unique.

Freeform is the selling point here. It's the one thing that makes the game unique and worth paying for. If the main selling point were to become "free" in any way shape or form all kinds of customers here (and again I think unique would apply as we have LTS, gold subs, free form slotters, premium at players, etc etc etc) would go bonkers if CO gave Veteran rewards that amounted to freeform play time in exchange for time subbed. Fair doesn't really enter into it. CO is probably the most customizable game on the market MMO wise, but cannot handle vet rewards like other games because instead of gating content CO has no choice but to gate the customer's character.

**for the record and in interest of full disclosure Rothnag I went utterly ballistic around f2p announcement and maintained that x amount of time subbed should translate to some type of increased freeform vet reward. Obviously I was shot down. I understand why now even though I wish someone in marketing would have come up with a compromise. For what it's worth as a loyal subscriber you should get something from Cryptic for your patronage that you find suitably rewarding. Understand that that is unlikely to ever happen to your satisfaction. I think the closest reasonable facsimile of what you are looking for could be accomplished with the purchase of a freeform slot and intensive farming. I'd be willing to help with the latter as I'll be doing plenty of farming again to rebuild as Bloodmoons and other events roll out.
    ***apologies for the wall of rambling text
    edited March 2013
    The last 2 posts hit home for me re: unhappy.

I wouldn't call CO's model "fair" or "unfair". It's unique.

Freeform is the selling point here. It's the one thing that makes the game unique and worth paying for. If the main selling point were to become "free" in any way shape or form all kinds of customers here (and again I think unique would apply as we have LTS, gold subs, free form slotters, premium at players, etc etc etc) would go bonkers if CO gave Veteran rewards that amounted to freeform play time in exchange for time subbed. Fair doesn't really enter into it. CO is probably the most customizable game on the market MMO wise, but cannot handle vet rewards like other games because instead of gating content CO has no choice but to gate the customer's character.

**for the record and in interest of full disclosure Rothnag I went utterly ballistic around f2p announcement and maintained that x amount of time subbed should translate to some type of increased freeform vet reward. Obviously I was shot down. I understand why now even though I wish someone in marketing would have come up with a compromise. For what it's worth as a loyal subscriber you should get something from Cryptic for your patronage that you find suitably rewarding. Understand that that is unlikely to ever happen to your satisfaction. I think the closest reasonable facsimile of what you are looking for could be accomplished with the purchase of a freeform slot and intensive farming. I'd be willing to help with the latter as I'll be doing plenty of farming again to rebuild as Bloodmoons and other events roll out.
    ***apologies for the wall of rambling text

I would consider CO's model to be fair because it gives a player everything they are entitled to and then some. Everything that you pay for and potentially even more. As it stands right now the only aspects of the game that one cannot get for free (as in no expenditure of real world money) are power color customization and an increased resource cap. Some of the veteran rewards are also unavailable but since others are I do not count vet rewards as a whole in the category of, "not accessible without spending money."

It is completely fair to not provide a service for which the prospective user chooses to not pay.

I feel that it is eminently fair that Cadillac has opted to not provide me with a new Escalade despite my decision to not pay for one.

And for what its worth I too feel that CO would have been better served if it had sufficient content to sell, allowing Cryptic to use freeform as the baseline of its F2P model.

• cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bjoernr wrote: »
    i am angry and german!

You wouldn't happen to have a grand uncle named Albert Zerstoiten ?

This can't be good.

:tongue:

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
  • pizzataropizzataro Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I like it so far.
  • lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm actually unhappy with CO. I don't play it as often. It has potential but I don't see it reaching that point anytime soon.

And they took away muh energy surge. Those bastards. :mad:
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
  • tacofoodsololtacofoodsolol Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Very happy with the game: Lemurian invasion was great, new alert is epic, the gladiator race is going to be a hell of a fun and then later we'll get the foundry.
    Actually it's going to be hard knowing how to split my time between CO and NWO, hahaha.