test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

what I'm REALLY hoping is going to happen over the next year

smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
From the "Making the of Lemurian Invasion" thing:

"That means that each arc will have a lockbox, some smaller missions, and then a larger mission at the end. That final mission could be an alert, event, or a persistent mission instance."

A persistent mission instance :D ...that gives questionite maybe? :D!!

...it's a stretch, but I'm hoping in the near future they start implementing more daily missions that give questionite, that aren't in alerts or part of adventure packs/comic series. Like "Intel for Until" and "It's Not Your Vault", little quests that you do in zone that give small amounts of questionite. It would be nice to have something to do in-between waiting for Gravitar/whatever ques to pop. We need more of those, since obviously those two can be finished before Gravitar even pops!

So stop what you're working on and start working on making like 100 zone missions that give 100 questionite each! >:D

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
Post edited by smoochan on

Comments

• Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    100 zone missions that give 100 questionite each! >:D

That might be a few too many, but I like the cut of your jib.
    edited March 2013
    I hope some of the missions have a bit more substance, to be honest.

I'm fine with 5-minute 500 Questionite missions, but they shouldn't be part of these permanent/recurring story arcs. Also we need more missions with difficult unique-boss fights.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would like to see more missions where the victory conditions are not "destroy the boss". Carrier Defense was a move in that direction, but it too focused on vehicles.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I want story, engagement, interaction, choices.

I want to have reporters report on my heroics, do PSA's, rescue civilians from disasters, save kittens from trees.

I want close-ups of my character in cinematics, i want investigation, car chases, robbers in helicopters, i want to fight cinematic crime as well as supervillains.

I want some melodrama, emotions, hostages in distress.

I want to learn the backstory of sympathetic villains we can try to turn away from crime and lead them to goodness (the ultimate victory!).

I want missions i can explore my way through slowly and ponder rather than everything be speed runs, stuff that makes you think and go "Whooooa!" (in an 11 year old reading an old Kirby comic kinda way), things that make the world feel deep even while maintaining the cheese.

I want to feel like i'm inside a comicbook living it, finding myself saying "oh no you don't villain, TAKE THIS!" out loud without intending too while i am playing and not so much just thinking "hmm this fight is tough, i better time this: maintain-2-3-4, Block-2-3-4, charge-2-3-4" by-the-numbers stuff where it's all about the technicality of the mechanics and less about the feel.

Guess i'll probably not get 90% of that till (if ever) we get foundry. But the bones are there.

Lemurian Invasion has the epic feel. I love that Defender specifically mentions us in the cinematic that "they couldn't prepare for YOU" was a real highlight point in immersion.

Sure in Nighthawk the investigation element was just going up and hitting the interact button but you know what? It still felt good to me, it was still exciting to me.

And sure i know the game can't do a mass effect style big tree of choices, but the Bluejay mission still gave me a choice of two options and that was a big deal and a great experience. I'd love a few more opportunities to make choices just like that which show what kind of heroes the character we are playing are.

I loved how the helmet giveaway foreshadowed the Lemurian Invasion. I loved the build-up missions to it. I'm really hopeful that the other arcs they have planned are going to follow that trend to be engaging and immersive with mood and feel with story as well as action and mechanics that keep us engaged rather than just technical challenges.

As for vehicles i'd love to see something putting vehicle-use into the middle of the mission. Like this:
    (permission for Cryptic to use this idea granted)
    Stage 1, intro: You hear police report of robery in progress and as you arrive the fleeing robbers in a helicopter use a rocket launcher to blow up a petrol tanker causing a building to collapse on fire.
    Action: players must rescue X number of civilians from fire and rubble to continue, mechanics include optional bursting water main in order to put out the fire or attacking flames directly like in westside

Stage 2, chase the robbers in your vehicles etc and shoot down their helicopter

Stage 3, the helicopter makes a forced landing near a warehouse and the robbers run in there, you have to go through the warehouse taking down them, the rest of their gang and find clues as to the mastermind behind it all.

Putting the vehicles in the middle of the story helps them feel quite relevant and less like the story was built just for them. (and might i plug this thread while i'm at it for resolving the dilemma for non-vehicle heros and vehicle-missions http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=213791 )

I am quite hopeful for the year coming.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I want story, engagement, interaction, choices.

I want to have reporters report on my heroics, do PSA's, rescue civilians from disasters, save kittens from trees.

I want close-ups of my character in cinematics, i want investigation, car chases, robbers in helicopters, i want to fight cinematic crime as well as supervillains.

I want some melodrama, emotions, hostages in distress.

I want to learn the backstory of sympathetic villains we can try to turn away from crime and lead them to goodness (the ultimate victory!).

I want missions i can explore my way through slowly and ponder rather than everything be speed runs, stuff that makes you think and go "Whooooa!" (in an 11 year old reading an old Kirby comic kinda way), things that make the world feel deep even while maintaining the cheese.

I want to feel like i'm inside a comicbook living it, finding myself saying "oh no you don't villain, TAKE THIS!" out loud without intending too while i am playing and not so much just thinking "hmm this fight is tough, i better time this: maintain-2-3-4, Block-2-3-4, charge-2-3-4" by-the-numbers stuff where it's all about the technicality of the mechanics and less about the feel.

Guess i'll probably not get 90% of that till (if ever) we get foundry. But the bones are there.

Lemurian Invasion has the epic feel. I love that Defender specifically mentions us in the cinematic that "they couldn't prepare for YOU" was a real highlight point in immersion.

Sure in Nighthawk the investigation element was just going up and hitting the interact button but you know what? It still felt good to me, it was still exciting to me.

And sure i know the game can't do a mass effect style big tree of choices, but the Bluejay mission still gave me a choice of two options and that was a big deal and a great experience. I'd love a few more opportunities to make choices just like that which show what kind of heroes the character we are playing are.

I loved how the helmet giveaway foreshadowed the Lemurian Invasion. I loved the build-up missions to it. I'm really hopeful that the other arcs they have planned are going to follow that trend to be engaging and immersive with mood and feel with story as well as action and mechanics that keep us engaged rather than just technical challenges.

As for vehicles i'd love to see something putting vehicle-use into the middle of the mission. Like this:
    (permission for Cryptic to use this idea granted)
    Stage 1, intro: You hear police report of robery in progress and as you arrive the fleeing robbers in a helicopter use a rocket launcher to blow up a petrol tanker causing a building to collapse on fire.
    Action: players must rescue X number of civilians from fire and rubble to continue, mechanics include optional bursting water main in order to put out the fire or attacking flames directly like in westside

Stage 2, chase the robbers in your vehicles etc and shoot down their helicopter

Stage 3, the helicopter makes a forced landing near a warehouse and the robbers run in there, you have to go through the warehouse taking down them, the rest of their gang and find clues as to the mastermind behind it all.

Putting the vehicles in the middle of the story helps them feel quite relevant and less like the story was built just for them. (and might i plug this thread while i'm at it for resolving the dilemma for non-vehicle heros and vehicle-missions http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=213791 )

I am quite hopeful for the year coming.

Okay.

I just want some short stuff to do between Gravitar ques.

• Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    I just want some short stuff to do between Gravitar ques.

Short stuff?

Caliga.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Short stuff?

Caliga.

All right, I will do Caliga. Think he'll be able to last all the way until the next Gravi pop? Wait time says a whole 5 minutes..