test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Man, all of the vehicle weapons suck.

keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Suggestions Box
Except for two, and those are too rare thanks to grab bags being the only way to get the vehicles they're attached to. Medic Drone is the only good thing in the store.

Here's what should be done:
Lower vehicle weapon price in the Q Store. It should not take a dedicated day of grinding Q on a bunch of characters to get one weapon.

Make new weapons that are actually worthwhile.

Vulcan Cannon: Fire a spray of heavy machine gun bullets down on your enemies.
Basic idea: Assault Rifle on a jet.
Better idea: Assault Rifle on a jet with a cylinder AoE that roots you, but you can control the direction the vulcan cannon fires with your left and right keys.

Striker Missile: Fire a quick, powerful missile at a single target to do heavy damage and cause a defense debuff.
Basic idea: Sniper Rifle on a jet.
Better idea: Faster-charging Sniper Rifle on a jet that causes a 20% defense debuff.

Cluster Bomb: Shoot an enemy with a weak explosive that doesn't detonate for three seconds. When it explodes, it does heavy damage in a 50ft circle around it.
Basic idea: Explosive Arrow on a jet.
Better idea: Explosive Arrow on a jet with a wider radius, creating a 50ft sphere of exploding minibombs for 5 seconds.

Napalm Cannon: Fire a long jet of deadly flame.
Basic idea: 100ft cylinder AoE maintain that does decent damage (Gating Gun level?) and causes Clinging Flames.

Option: Creates a glowing orange orb that follows you and mimics your attacks. Cannot be damaged, but will vanish when you run out of ammunition. Up to four can be created at a time.

Macromunition: Drop a big 'ol bomb on your target.
Basic idea: Only works when an enemy is below you and targeted. Dropping this bomb causes a huge explosion, so big that even Michael Bay would shed a tear at its magnificence. The damage? Massive.

Also, PAINT JOBS PLEASE.
Post edited by keikomyst on

Comments

• Options
    dataweaver42dataweaver42 Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah; let's make the game even more a case of "if you don't have a cool vehicle, you're toast". This game about superheroes really needs that.
  • Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's already a case of 'if you don't have a cool vehicle, you're toast!'? My ATs can outdo any of my vehicles, and my FFs make vehicles look absolutely pathetic. Even most Become devices can beat the vehicles in everything but speed, and during Sky Command and the Lemurian Invasion, UNTIL hoverdisks allow you to keep up with vehicles.

Except in the case of Incendiary Round, Medic Drone and Gravity Pulse (which is, more or less, a gimmicky way to group enemies together) all of the vehicle weapons blow.

I hate vehicles myself, but if they're going to be in the game and priced the way they are (or locked behind slim chances in a lockbox) they need to be better and more customizable. i.e. paint jobs.

Some heroes use vehicles. If I could paint my jets I'd use them a lot more. If a vehicle wasn't a worthless piece of crap on the field I'd use them a lot more and be inclined to buy them, too.
  • Options
    dataweaver42dataweaver42 Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    FWIW, I do buy vehicles; but only for getting from point A to point B. It isn't just the vehicle weapons that suck; it's the vehicle combat: the business about Blocks being replaced by high bursts of speed and Travel Powers being replaced by an energy builder makes them awkward to use.

But my main point is that vehicles and superheroes need to be brought more in line with each other: if vehicles are to be kept in the game, they should be more along the lines of customizable Become Devices: sure, upgrade the weapons to be more on par with Champions powers; but don't make them better than these superheroes can manage outside of their vehicles: they are, after all, superheroes, and ought to be able to take on vehicles (even super-vehicles) one-on-one. Vehicles already have a speed advantage; giving them a weapons advantage too would make them a necessary buy. As is, vehicle weapons were nerfed during playtesting specifically to avoid having them dominate the game.

Also, upgrade the superheroes' travel powers to be on par with vehicle travel: for instance, there should be a "speed booster" Device which (like vehicles) can only be used in Outdoor maps, and which, when toggled on, supercharges the superhero's Travel Power so that he can move about the map as quickly as a vehicle can.

And yeah, I do think that vehicles are overpriced. IMHO, the appropriate fix is to lower their price, not beef them up to the point that people who can't afford to buy them get trounced by people who can.
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I agree with adding more weapons similar to player powers, it would help bring vehicles up to par with everybody not in a vehicle. I also think they can do something similar with passive slots, like remaking a variant for vehicles.
    Also, upgrade the superheroes' travel powers to be on par with vehicle travel: for instance, there should be a "speed booster" Device which (like vehicles) can only be used in Outdoor maps, and which, when toggled on, supercharges the superhero's Travel Power so that he can move about the map as quickly as a vehicle can.

And yeah, I do think that vehicles are overpriced. IMHO, the appropriate fix is to lower their price, not beef them up to the point that people who can't afford to buy them get trounced by people who can.

I agree with the fact that heroes and vehicles need to be equal. I also like the idea of a travel power booster, mainly for RP reasons, like the fact a powered armor or speedster travel slower than jets, whereas superspeed and jet boots should at least be the same as the vehicle's speed. The vehicles are, in their current state, overpriced, I would support either bringing it down, or making them worth their price, but not to the point of making them pay to win.
  • Options
    rebelscum58rebelscum58 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    or making them worth their price, but not to the point of making them pay to win.

At their current price, these are mutually exclusive. Just make them not so stupidly expensive. But this is PWE, so that's not going to happen because someone doesn't realise that 10 purchases at $15 isn't more than 100 purchases at $5.
  • Options
    armairginarmairgin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If a toon is need a vehicle for the sake of fleshing out their character, then cool, but then again this isn't a Real RPG anyways. If you are goin' to go to the trouble of creating vehicles, then make them not look and feel like they should be in Star Wars and not in a Superhero game. Make them motorcycles, or cars, or jets, or something like that. I am not impressed at all by the design or usability of the vehicle's. If you want to separate me from my money, you'd better then the lack luster offerings you are not percenting.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    Closing thread, op was from a year ago.
This discussion has been closed.