test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I need help

marysusanmarysusan Posts: 32 Arc User
The "help" might be simply telling me where to post this topic!

I'm a member of a supergroup. Our leader recruited pretty aggressively, but unfortunately most of the toons that joined have gone inactive. And then the leader disappeared! He's posting on facebook, but won't talk to us. However, we still have a core of about 20 players and want to keep the sg. So we're appealing to the GMs to change our leader. We held an election and the new leader submitted a terse ticket asking for the change. We agreed that I and the other vote-counter would submit our own tickets in support. My gut instinct is to provide more detail, but I'm asking for help in figuring out the RIGHT detail. And thanks in advance.

This is my first draft:

This is a supporting ticket to ticket number #1,487,385. I'm a member of the Shards of Virtue, an sg whose leader, Lorelei Lately@gridspider, has been absent for over 60 days. I had befriended @gridspider, moreover, and he just hasn't been on at all. We're stuck, since we have only one member who can change the MotD or send out mass emails, and no one has any other permissions. There's a lot of stuff that members put in our vault, too, in tabs that only @gridspider can access.

So we held an election for new leader. Members nominated two candidates, and we also nominated @gridspider so that people who liked the status quo could vote for it. (No one chose that option.) Members sent me and another member emails giving their vote. The two candidates abstained, but both of us counters voted. In the end, Aculeus@statesbear was elected on an 11-2 margin. This is a very high turn-out when you consider our active membership.

So please, help us weather @gridspider's abandonment. If you need me to send you the voting emails or answer any other questions, please contact me.