test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

On advice of counsel...

jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
...I'm going to have to leave for the nonce.

Oh, not the game - I'm having way too much fun to stop playing. (And I can hear the cries of disappointment from here...)

No, my wife tells me I'm letting myself get too wound up by the forums, so I shan't be reading or posting for a time. Let the celebration begin.
"Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• prankensteinprankenstein Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am seriously and truthfully going to miss your sarcasm. It made my day so many times.
    ~~~The Tidal Tilde Wave of Seperation~~~
    I'd rather get STO's level of lockbox suck if worthwhile updates come with it. -Buxom
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    duty_calls.png
    SOMETIMES
    You just gotta stop being that guy (I know, this applies to me as well... >,>)

Have fun in game sir.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I forget... was Jon a fan-boy or a doom-crier? I need to know which side of the scale to take a coin out of...

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    well, jon, i remember doing the same thing on the coh forums(well, not exactly the same thing, to my knowledge your wife was not involved, though if she was, please thank her), amazing how freeing not reading the forums can be.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If you can't handle the forum negativity, even if it's well-validated and much attributed to PWE/Cryptic's recent conduct, then yes, maybe you should just avoid the forums and just focus on enjoying the game.
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    By all means wear your rose colored (or should I say Ruby-Quartz) glasses
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    I forget... was Jon a fan-boy or a doom-crier? I need to know which side of the scale to take a coin out of...

One of the last die-hards.

We need more die-hards.
    biffsig.jpg
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Here's one, but it'll cost ya!

die-hard-battery.jpg

:biggrin:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2013

We need more die-hards.

There's another one coming out this month! Yippie-ki-yay, Mister Falcon.
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited February 2013

We need more die-hards.

Really ? Wolverine is something i would call a "Die Hard" .. so what do you say now ? :tongue:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Here's one, but it'll cost ya!

die-hard-battery.jpg

We need to give one of those to do devs and see if they can cough out fully fledged content faster. Maybe then more of us will have a reason to start wearing rose colored glasses again.
    ...I'm going to have to leave for the nonce.

Oh, not the game - I'm having way too much fun to stop playing. (And I can hear the cries of disappointment from here...)

No, my wife tells me I'm letting myself get too wound up by the forums, so I shan't be reading or posting for a time. Let the celebration begin.

Don't be gone too long.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • hocofaisanhocofaisan Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well with the last of the real negative peoples gone (see what I did there), I guess you can take a break.

But fear not, as I will stick around and keep these sad pandas faithful till CO gets a release like STO just announced.

Keep the faith guys!
    POSITIVE ABOUT CO IN 2013!
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited February 2013
    Sorry to hear that, man, but health definitely comes first. Look forward to seeing you in-game. :smile:
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    beldin wrote: »
    Really ? Wolverine is something i would call a "Die Hard" .. so what do you say now ? :tongue:

Pfff... He's a die-not. A won't-die. Hardly a die-hard.
    biffsig.jpg
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What's a diehard Smackwell? Am I a diehard in your mind?

If you mean a fanboi there's plenty of those, if you mean a vocal critic there's plenty of those (also not mutually exclusive, i.e.: many fans are also critical, one can be both at the same time), if you mean Lifetime subscriber there's plenty of those, and if you mean hardheaded there a lot of people way more hardheaded than Jonsills ever was.

I will miss your reading your point of view Jonsills (even if it was sometimes quite wrong :wink:), and I'll miss your boldness for having your real picture as your avatar.

Hope you'll revisit on occassion when time mertis! :smile:

duty_calls.png

QFT! This is soooo true...

On the brightside, if my sweetheart actually said she wanted me to come to bed, I don't think there's a thing in this world that would make me not go, willingly too. Therakiel can destroy the world, I could get banned from the forums, somebody could put me on their ignore list for bailing on them, etc. none of that matters worth a damn next to her. None of you, and no game is more important than her. And if you are incapable of understanding that then you're not a "friend", you're just another selfish jerk. I hope that never changes where I become too drawn in, to focus on her as a priority. Regretfully, there have been other times where games or discussions on the internet certain did supercede my other priorities which should have come first, and there's been hell to pay for my mistake later, too many times. I'm sure many of you can relate, whether you choose to admit it to yourself or not. It is in that that this particular XKCD cartoon hits the nail on the head.

So yeah, I think Jonsills has chosen wisely here, and I commend him for that with much praise and respect.
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    agentnx5 gets me going situational:

On the brightside, if my sweetheart actually said she wanted me to come to bed, I don't think there's a thing in this world that would make me not go, willingly too.

For me it kind of depended on the intended activity. :biggrin:

Knowwutahmean nudge nudge wink wink saynomore.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    For me it kind of depended on the intended activity. :biggrin:

Knowwutahmean nudge nudge wink wink saynomore.

Oh you.

HGlD6n1.jpg
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Decorumfriends, yes her and I are wonderful together. We're both nerds and such things do not make us awkward. She is every bit as dirty minded as me, and kind too. :smile:

Speaking to the core of this topic, she occasionally comments about my Champions obsession :tongue: I tried to get her to play, but she has a hard time dealing with "too much action". (ironically she agro'ed a massive swarm of bad guys and when her Marksman character got stuck on some terrain and she died, I watched with amusement as the large Qularr mob she had agro'ed then mauled several other nearby newbies). Getting a hang of the controls for computer games requires more years of practice than people like us give credit for. (another reason why high turnover isn't sustainable in computer games, why Champions needs to retain loyal customers)

JennyMachX, that image is simply creepy looking, not funny.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    ...I'm going to have to leave for the nonce... Let the celebration begin.
    No celebration for me. I didn't know you, but for your forum posts and familiar avatar, but you were a constant that I enjoyed reading. Often a point of positive energy amongst QQs, wails of doom, and much gnashing of teeth. You'd pop in with a comment to the effect that whatever evil was being spun wouldn't affect you logging in with your hero and having a good time. I always liked that simplicity in your posts. It's a game. And you're here to play it.

That was cool.

So I'll miss that, but I'll be consoled knowing you're out there some where still having a ball fighting the good fight.

Fight on Hero!

jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • vikaernesvikaernes Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    Oh you.

HGlD6n1.jpg

One more time just for extra creepiness.
  • arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

Seeing as how Jon's opinions could vary from one side to the other depending on the specific topic and that he often pointed out the flaws in the arguements of others, I'd call him devil's advocate.