test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The ultimate self healing tank - Please critique!

implinimplin Posts: 243 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Builds and Roles
Haven't been able to test this yet but I am planning too soon.

I wanted to see if I could create a super self regenerative healing, tank spec. I know many people see regeneration and devour essence as nooby now although as a pve tank build surely this will still work? I have 15k health and it will be more when I get my final piece of legions gear on my tank so I probably shouldn't be able to be one hit killed by anything even without defiance or invulnerability.

The idea is that I will use devour essence verse smaller groups and bosses and I use lead tempest to bring in the large mobs plus to dodge the mobs attacks along with masterful dodge if needed which will cause Bountiful Chi Resurgence to heal me up every 0.5 seconds. I would keep all the heal over times up and will use conviction as my health starts to fall or resurgence as my health gets low. Void shift applies fear, lowering damage, and taunts the target if it is too far away from devour essence. Resurrection serum is just a bit random, although it may come in handy when playing in a group.

So do you think that the healing will out heal most npc damage?
Will low energy be a factor?
Are there any skills you would suggest would work with the build?

Any other advice would be really helpful, thanks :)

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name:

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
Level 10: Presence (Secondary)
Level 15: Endurance (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: Divinity
Level 6: Boundless Reserves
Level 9: Survival Training
Level 12: Shrug It Off
Level 15: Intimidating
Level 18: Prodigy
Level 21: Enduring

Powers:
Level 1: Infernal Bolts (Toxin Overload)
Level 1: Regeneration (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Devour Essence (Phlebotomist, Crippling Challenge)
Level 8: Supernatural Power
Level 11: Resurgence
Level 14: Conviction
Level 17: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2, Resurgent Reiki)
Level 20: Reconstruction Circuits
Level 23: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Laser Knight)
Level 26: Lead Tempest (Tread Softly, Challenging Strikes)
Level 29: Inertial Dampening Field
Level 32: Void Shift (Emerging Nightmares, Crippling Challenge)
Level 35: Resurrection Serum
Level 38: Masterful Dodge (Rank 2)

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Hyper Ball (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Swinging (Rank 2, Rank 3, Flippin')

Specializations:
Constitution: Unyielding (2/2)
Constitution: Fuel My Fire (3/3)
Constitution: Quick Healing (3/3)
Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
Protector: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
Protector: Exhausting Strikes (2/2)
Protector: Resolute (3/3)
Sentry: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Sentry: Twist Fate (2/2)
Sentry: Sentry Aura (3/3)
Sentry: Reinforce (2/2)
Mastery: Protector Mastery (1/1)

I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
Dr Imp@drimp in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
Post edited by implin on

Comments

• implinimplin Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The build seems good against all the npc's in the team 5 room, I can't be killed but it isn't really a good measurement in that thing.

One stupid thing I did was added in the power armour heal, I can't use it while using other powers ofcourse. That's what happens when you don't pay enough attention. ;)

I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr Imp@drimp in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
  • kelbornxkelbornx Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Regen really doesn't hold up that well against large spike damage, especially consecutive spike damage. I like the idea of beefing up self healing though. Been toying with the idea for my own Infernal tank for a while now.

Here's my take on the concept:

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name:

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
    Level 10: Presence (Secondary)
    Level 15: Endurance (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: Divinity
    Level 6: Boundless Reserves
    Level 9: Survival Training
    Level 12: Shrug It Off
    Level 15: Intimidating
    Level 18: Prodigy
    Level 21: Enduring

Powers:
    Level 1: Infernal Bolts (Toxin Overload)
    Level 1: Supernatural Power
    Level 6: Devour Essence (Phlebotomist, Crippling Challenge)
    Level 8: Defiance
    Level 11: Resurgence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2, Resurgent Reiki)
    Level 20: Masterful Dodge
    Level 23: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Laser Knight)
    Level 26: Lead Tempest (Tread Softly, Accelerated Metabolism, Challenging Strikes)
    Level 29: Inertial Dampening Field
    Level 32: Void Shift (Emerging Nightmares, Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 35: Resurrection Serum
    Level 38: Ascension

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Hyper Ball (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Swinging (Flippin')

Specializations:
    Constitution: Unyielding (2/2)
    Constitution: Fuel My Fire (1/3)
    Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
    Constitution: Quick Healing (3/3)
    Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
    Protector: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
    Protector: Exhausting Strikes (2/2)
    Protector: Resolute (3/3)
    Sentinel: Eternal Spring (2/2)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (3/3)
    Sentinel: Genesis (2/2)
    Mastery: Protector Mastery (1/1)

You'll notice I swapped Regeneration for Defiance. I did this for two reasons. More DR, and much better energy management. Lead Tempest won't proc Supernatural Power remember. You really don't need CC on Void Shift if you have it on DE already. Just VS in and start DE going. NttG is better on VS to bring flying mobs down (annoying when people knock flight capable mobs into the air), and gives you some better utility if you ever want to PvP.

I also dumped Reconstruction Circuits for Ascension, and tacked that onto the end of the build. It buffs your damage (more threat) and your healing (more threat) and breaks holds. Resurgence was ranked up to give it better scaling with CON. I took the ranks out of Swinging because tbh, it really sucks indoors. Just use your Hyperball and turn Swinging on during the fight for Flippin'. While Flippin' is very good early on, it's not that powerful later. On my toon that uses it I think it gives 1.8% dodge chance and like 6% avoidance. I use Dodge/Avoidance gear, and have Quarry, so you might see a higher benefit from it.

Sentry spec was changed to Sentinel. This is because I swapped Regen for Defiance, I wanted to pick up Sentinel Aura. This with BCR and Conviction will be very good healing even without Regen. Eternal Spring causes any critical heals to heal an amount over time (great with Conviction, and Resurgence if it can crit, I forget). Moment of Need increases your critical heal chance, which is great with BCR/RR going all the time. You should run in Hybrid Role since you have Bulwark. This will give a good buff to your healing, and healing = threat just as much as damage does. Genesis is nice to reduce the cost of Conviction. Not being a Supernatural ability, it won't proc Supernatural Power if you use it at low energy. It also *might* work with Devour Essence, but probably not.
  • implinimplin Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the help. You version looks like it may be better, I have created another build that I'll test it against. I just wish they had some sort of boss to test your ability in the retcon place.